Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head (23587 Views)

The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) / Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty / Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by wellmax(m): 7:07am On Sep 23, 2012
Madawaki01: he is an entertainer,and he educated some pple.i didn't know about judas iscariot b4.
Why then do muslims have issues when another 'entertainer' produces a movie to educate non muslims.
Τ̅☺ be sincere, don't waste your life and time with Islam.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Johnsinia(m): 7:10am On Sep 23, 2012
shymexx:

But I heard they kill both Muslims and Christians from other tribes... And Northern Muslims don't like their Southern counterparts - so the issue in Northern Nigeria is more than just a religious thing...
u claim u knw d northern part bt u dnt knw any shit abt dem. Dey dnt care a shit abt ur tribe or colour as long as u r a muslem. I live 20yrs in Bauchi; so i knw wat am sayin. U may nt knw abt dem if u live in places like Abj, jos, n benue bc ds places r made of mixed religion. For exampl in Bau, dey made ds igbo man (Alh. John) wealthy just bc he denounce christainity n bcum muscem. Also theres ds LGA (Tafabelewa) in Bauchi dat r mostly christains, dey r being massacre by oda hausa frm oda LGA. So change ur mentality dat dey hate south south, dey can kill u 4 d sake of islam regardles of whether or nt u r their broda, sista, fada, moda. Ds ppl r nthin but animals.

3 Likes

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by FindOut(m): 7:15am On Sep 23, 2012
acidosis™:
A muslim friend has denounce his faith after reading this. All Nigerian muslims should pls do same (esp those in the western part). That religion isn't meant for you guys. Your muslim forefathers were carjole into that religion out of ignorance.
It is even better not to serve a god than to serve one that believe and live on blood of humans.

yeah, i'm sure that ''friend'' is on one of those lazy people who find it hard to perform 5 times daily salat ( max tym spent - 10 minutes each) & fast for 30 days in a year; or one of those stingy people who cannot give out of their money to the less privileged in the society (& not to the Imam); or one of those people who think that by claiming they have faith in Allah, Allah will not test their faith.

Have u asked yourself why despite the 9/11 bombings (of which evidence keeps mounting by the day that it wasnt carried out by any BinLaden or muslim), & other ''acts of terror'' by 'muslims' , islam is still the fastest growing religion in the world? Check this claim anywhere & produce concrete evidence to refute it if you find any.

& who cajoled who to accept islam Did muslim missionaries set up schools & forbid people of other religions to use their xtian names? Did they forcefully preach islam to them? (& spare me the crap of Usman Danfodio carrying a sword, as its easily obvious that this isnt true judging by the fact that we still have several xtians even in core northern areas)

up until early 1990s, some xtian schools in Lagos were still reluctant to admit muslims, or they admitted them on the condition that they drop their muslim names as thier first names. Needless to say, they had (have) absolute disregard for islam. Now I repeat, who cajoled who?

About 3 years ago, at my alma matter (LASU), a muslim student (& others obviously) was openly bribed by a campus fellowship with a bag of rice & 10k or so to denounce islam & come and join them. She refused (some accepted) & this also served as a wake-up call to the muslims to increase contributions to the indigent fund that had already been set up.

Not all xtians give people something on the condition that they accept xtianity (some are generous with no strings attached), but SEVERAL do. So who is cajoling/persuading/forcing who?

Islam and xtianity re supposed to co-exist peacefully, but unfortunately, several muslims and xtians are nothing short of hypocrites and brainwashed fellows.

If every muslim sticks to the principles stated in the Qur'an and exemplified by the sunnah of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), and every xtian sticks to the tenets and dictates of the present day Holy Bible (whatever version), there will definitely be peace in this world. But then anyways, the continuous intentional & unintentional misinterpretation of both texts (especially the Qur'an) and overzealous 'kasali' fanaticism on both sides is simply a sign that, well, the world is indeed coming to an end. God help us.

4 Likes

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by mshd5: 7:33am On Sep 23, 2012
Eifeh: Any time i hear islam i hear kill why? Please can something good come out from islam, god have mercy on them.
Islam is nt abt killing but total submisn 2 d wl of creator
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by true2god: 7:36am On Sep 23, 2012
ebamma: EXAMPLES OF IRONY
islam is a religion of peace
Patience jonathan can speak good english
Taiye taiwo is handsome
R u a literature teacher? U sabi the subject well well.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by mohachap: 7:43am On Sep 23, 2012
manny4life:
I give deference where due, if NOT, I would have done it and dammed the consequences. grin grin grin grin grin All this chaos, because of a prophet, how bout if it was their Allah, the earth will pass away then
You are a big foooool.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Ozonna(m): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2012
browncool:
Then let your Prophet deal with the person himself

I wonder!!!

Even gods like Sango,Osun,Ogun,Omaliko,Amadioha,Ani,etc didn't need anybody to fight for them (I doubt if they still need it now).
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Aussie(m): 7:47am On Sep 23, 2012
Even the country with the highest population rate of Muslim- Indonesia, did not display this attitude of terrorism save for Pakistam. No wonder the US unilaterally carried out the 'Capture or Kill Ops' on Bin Ladin on thier soil without them even detecting the presence of the US Seal in thier airspace.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by wellmax(m): 7:49am On Sep 23, 2012
mshd5:
I respect muslims as humans, no ill feelings, but is it the will of the creator to take the life of another man and destroy properties? This is not logical no matter how you try τ̅☺ explain it, if Islam is τ̅☺ remain relevant and respected by others, a lot of reorientation needs to be done.

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by wellmax(m): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2012
Ozonna:
I wonder!!!
Even gods like Sango,Osun,Ogun,Omaliko,Amadioha,Ani,etc didn't need anybody to fight for them (I doubt if they still need it now).
Hmmm word! Right on point.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Aussie(m): 7:53am On Sep 23, 2012
mshd5:
Agreed! Then how will you react to this Pakistani minister's offer?
Surprisingly, most, if not all muslim, are giving a tacit support to this killing of the movie maker for a monetary reward as non, i mean, no muslim has come out to criticize the kill-for-money offer.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by ask4truth(f): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2012
Psylas: Wat is $1000000? He should add it atleas 50 virgins!

Psylas u shall soon c d result of ur devilish handwork....
If u dont repent hell is ur final abode.. Abuse islam not!!!
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by MacDaddy01: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2012
Find Out!:

yeah, i'm sure that ''friend'' is on one of those lazy people who find it hard to perform 5 times daily salat ( max tym spent - 10 minutes each) & fast for 30 days in a year; or one of those stingy people who cannot give out of their money to the less privileged in the society (& not to the Imam); or one of those people who think that by claiming they have faith in Allah, Allah will not test their faith.

Have u asked yourself why despite the 9/11 bombings (of which evidence keeps mounting by the day that it wasnt carried out by any BinLaden or muslim), & other ''acts of terror'' by 'muslims' , islam is still the fastest growing religion in the world? Check this claim anywhere & produce concrete evidence to refute it if you find any.

& who cajoled who to accept islam Did muslim missionaries set up schools & forbid people of other religions to use their xtian names? Did they forcefully preach islam to them? (& spare me the crap of Usman Danfodio carrying a sword, as its easily obvious that this isnt true judging by the fact that we still have several xtians even in core northern areas)

up until early 1990s, some xtian schools in Lagos were still reluctant to admit muslims, or they admitted them on the condition that they drop their muslim names as thier first names. Needless to say, they had (have) absolute disregard for islam. Now I repeat, who cajoled who?

About 3 years ago, at my alma matter (LASU), a muslim student (& others obviously) was openly bribed by a campus fellowship with a bag of rice & 10k or so to denounce islam & come and join them. She refused (some accepted) & this also served as a wake-up call to the muslims to increase contributions to the indigent fund that had already been set up.

Not all xtians give people something on the condition that they accept xtianity (some are generous with no strings attached), but SEVERAL do. So who is cajoling/persuading/forcing who?

Islam and xtianity re supposed to co-exist peacefully, but unfortunately, several muslims and xtians are nothing short of hypocrites and brainwashed fellows.

If every muslim sticks to the principles stated in the Qur'an and exemplified by the sunnah of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), and every xtian sticks to the tenets and dictates of the present day Holy Bible (whatever version), there will definitely be peace in this world. But then anyways, the continuous intentional & unintentional misinterpretation of both texts (especially the Qur'an) and overzealous 'kasali' fanaticism on both sides is simply a sign that, well, the world is indeed coming to an end. God help us.

Ignorance is a disease. Islam came to Nigeria through slavery. Even christianity too.

Read the Quran from top to bottom, there is no punishment for slavery.

Arab slave traders were picking off people in northern Nigeria before the advent of Usman dan fodoi. How did Usman Dan Fodio become muslim?

Read about the Kanem brono Empire and also the conquest of Arab muslims from the 8 century upwards in Sub saharan africa before you praise your religion.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by dexmond: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2012
[size=16pt]That Minister is the real Muslim. In fact he is the one following the prophet's sunnah. Muslims on Nairaland should not be offended. Consider a similar situation in Yathrib, when Bint Marwan made a satirical poetry about the prophet. We know how the Mother of five was assassinated in cold blood. Also, the case of Abu Afak, a man of great age according to the Islamic author Ali Dashti, was killed because he “lampooned’ the prophet.

References: Sirat Rasul Allah:A. Guilaume's translation "The Life of Muhammad"pages 675, 676.
Ali Dashti. “ I23 Years; A Study of the Prophetic Career of Mohammad” (Mazda Press, 1994) page 100[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2012
I seriously implore the Admin not to let anything religious pop-up this way again. The peace of the entire world is frigile lately. As for those running their foul mouth,it will be down on you soon.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by MacDaddy01: 8:10am On Sep 23, 2012
Abu.Yinka:
I seriously implore the Admin not to let anything religious pop-up this way again. The peace of the entire world is frigile lately. As for those running their foul mouth,it will be down on you soon.

Gerrout with your threats
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by size38: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2012
They should jst touch this man and see the reactions of the US govt. Useless animals
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by chiefbatiatus(m): 8:32am On Sep 23, 2012
Aussie:
Agreed! Then how will you react to this Pakistani minister's offer?
Surprisingly, most, if not all muslim, are giving a tacit support to this killing of the movie maker for a monetary reward as non, i mean, no muslim has come out to criticize the kill-for-money offer.

Is becos they are afraid my brother, even the muslims that know things are wrong can't say it becos islam is a terror organization. Having a different opinion in islam can get u killed. I lived among them many years and I can tell u for a fact. They are scared of each other so nobody dares speak against the popular idea among them. Haven't you seen what bokoharam has done to the few islamic clerics that spoke against them? Don't u see how 'happy' their oppressed womenfolk seem to be with their wretched existence? A muslim woman is viewed by their men with a little value above his donkey yet the women like Bella on this nairaland are happy, they have to be happy or they get slaughtered. Islam is the largest terror group since creation

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by cesil92: 8:32am On Sep 23, 2012
ebamma: EXAMPLES OF IRONY
islam is a religion of peace
Patience jonathan can speak good english
Taiye taiwo is handsome

Please include this "Farouk did not collect bribe but collected Money"
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by odehaj: 8:34am On Sep 23, 2012
Find Out!:

Fastest growing religion my foot!keep living in your illusions.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by uprigtd: 8:46am On Sep 23, 2012
smh! So much 4 peace. Wow! islam is the most peaceful religion quote me anywhere. So much 4 ISLAM, Blood n sand. Lol
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by impetus: 8:49am On Sep 23, 2012
Bélla3: You people are just being stupid. Anyone that insults our holy prophet deserves to DIE. BLOODY KEFIRI'S

Ure a terrorist, u also deserve to die.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 23, 2012
akereconfi: Where those ISLAMIC Nlanders dey....make dem cum twist English defend this man....Lacasa...Maclatunji......make una cum o
. Nobody needs defending anybody. What I want u to understand is, being an Arab does not make u a very good Muslim as being a Nigeria does not make u a bad one. It's a matter of choice. Haven't u gotten any Muslim friend that is very kind to u? The existence of any movie portraying the holy prophets in bad light is unacceptable to Muslims. However, that is not an excuse to start world war. The problem Islam has is America, not even christian or Jews. Prophet Muhammad coexisted with people from different point of views. Stop comments like this. I seriously urge the Admin to stop trending topics of this nature. The world peace is very volatile of late.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by MacDaddy01: 8:54am On Sep 23, 2012
Abu.Yinka:
. Nobody needs defending anybody. What I want u to understand is, being an Arab does not make u a very good Muslim as being a Nigeria does not make u a bad one. It's a matter of choice. Haven't u gotten any Muslim friend that is very kind to u? The existence of any movie portraying the holy prophets in bad light is unacceptable to Muslims. However, that is not an excuse to start world war. The problem Islam has is America, not even christian or Jews. Prophet Muhammad coexisted with people from different point of views. Stop comments like this. I seriously urge the Admin to stop trending topics of this nature. The world peace is very volatile of late.

Sharrap. This thread is about current foriegn affairs news. Unfortunately, it is also about blasphemy laws in certain sharia applications.
If you can not handle the opinions and criticism on this thread, Gerrout!

Muhammed did not live in peace with many Jews, btw
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by dexmond: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2012
^^^^^^

Have you heard how Bint Marwan was murdered when he did a poem against the prophet? The prophet simply asked " who will rid me off Bint Marwan?". And guess what, she was killed. Please, read your hadiths, dont just concentrate on the quran. Peace?
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by sofat(m): 8:56am On Sep 23, 2012
Islam a religion of humanity that has complete way of life for man to live. Islam simply means peace. Peace in the physical and spiritual world. Islam commands that man should serve and be submissive to non but only one God-Allah, be dutiful to GOD through goodness to al humans even animals as well. These teachings were brought to us by all the prophets of God. From Noah, Abraham, Elijah, Elisha, Joseph, ... Jesus son of mary and Muhammed the seal of all these messengers. (may Allah's mercy be on them all) to be continued...
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 23, 2012
Samsantos9:
pls evry1 should look at Bella3's profile pix
damn hypocrites later u guys will be saying xtains dress immorally...
Are you that stupid not to know that Bella3 is a bleeping Christain?All you know is to criticise Islam.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by MacDaddy01: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2012
sofat: Islam a religion of humanity that has complete way of life for man to live. Islam simply means peace. Peace in the physical and spiritual world. Islam commands that man should serve and be submissive to non but only one God-Allah, be dutiful to GOD through goodness to al humans even animals as well. These teachings were brought to us by all the prophets of God. From Noah, Abraham, Elijah, Elisha, Joseph, ... Jesus son of mary and Muhammed the seal of all these messengers. (may Allah's mercy be on them all) to be continued...

Shut up.

As an unbeliever, your Quran tells me that a violent torture awaits me in hell.It says my skin will be burnt off and then regrow only to be burnt off again

Did islam come to Nigeria in peace? No, it came with slavery with Arab slave traders.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by odehaj: 8:59am On Sep 23, 2012
size38: They should jst touch this man and see the reactions of the US govt. Useless animals
They can't get him. Have they been able to get Solman Rushdie?He wrote 'the satanic verses'...exposing Islam a great deal. That Mohammed obtained some verses from satan. The Iranian govt keep reviewing upward the bounty now is $3.3M

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by MacDaddy01: 9:01am On Sep 23, 2012
dexmond: ^^^^^^

Have you heard how Bint Marwan was murdered when he did a poem against the prophet? The prophet simply asked " who will rid me off Bint Marwan?". And guess what, she was killed. Please, read your hadiths, dont just concentrate on the quran. Peace?

Bint Marwan was killed in the front of her children
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 23, 2012
wiegraf:
Despite cramming half of the book and some random theological lessons, I didn't pick up much, mostly because I can't speak arabic (what's the point of memorizing text you don't understand anyways?)
I don't speak Arabic but that does not mean that I would give up on learning the Quran completely. There are translations and explanations (Tafsir) that explain the Quran and help you know if your translation tallies with the intended message.
You just weren't interested in learning.
it is far too easy to use Islam as justification for violence. It does go out of its way to promote intolerance.
The Quran does not promote intolerance. There are verses in it that talk about being just and kind to people we live and interact with but you would not know this would you? Considering the fact that you didn't learn the meaning of the contents of the book. Nowhere in the Quran can be found support for intolerance like you made it seem. The Prophet and the first Muslims used to set examples for others with their accomodating and forgiving nature towards non Muslims. There is a Hadith that mentions how Prophet Muhammed (SAW) was constantly being troubled by a certain woman among the non-Muslims who used to pile heaps of garbage in front of his house just to make life difficult for him. That woman fell ill one day and the Prophet paid her a visit to console her and wish her well inspite of all the things she used to do to him. He would not have done that if the religion he was propagating teaches intolerance of others.

I'll just cull this rather long excerpt from a book by my prophet Harris, to show the degree of the obsession with infidels/apostates.
This doesn't make sense. You went to get excerpts from a book which a non-Muslim and enemy of Islam wrote to find out about Islam. If you want to find out the true teachings of Islam, you can't go to an anti-Islamic source to do that. It is like me a female, going to ask a man-hating feminist to help me understand men and tell me what they are really like. She is bound to paint a negative picture of them for me just like the author of your book is painting a negative picture of Islam.

If you believe
anything like what the Koran says you must believe in order to
escape the fires of hell, you will, at the very least, be sympathetic
with the actions of Osama bin Laden. The prohibitions against "sui-
cidal terrorism" are not nearly as numerous as Pollack suggests. The
Koran contains a single ambiguous line, "Do not destroy your-
selves" (4:29).
This is false and Islam does not support suicidal terrorism. The verse that prohibits suicide is pretty explicit; there is nothing ambiguous about it. It says, 'Do not kill yourselves, indeed Allah is to you ever Merciful. Besides there are Hadiths that give further directives against suicide and those are enough for anyone who is truly interested in following the Religion.
You will see how little compassion need be wasted on those
whom God himself is in the process of "mocking," "cursing,"
"shaming," "punishing," "scourging," "judging," "burning," "anni-
hilating," "not forgiving," and "not reprieving." God, who is
infinitely wise, has cursed the infidels with their doubts. He pro-
longs their life and prosperity so that they may continue heaping sin
upon sin and all the more richly deserve the torments that await
them beyond the grave. In this light, the people who died on
September 11 were nothing more than fuel for the eternal fires of
God's justice. To convey the relentlessness with which unbelievers
are vilified in the text of the Koran, I provide a long compilation of
quotations below
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. The verses you quoted that sounded harsh to unbelievers were not meant to show hate, they were meant to serve as a warning and detterent to sin. And nowhere in the Qur'an can be found anything to show that the innocent victims of Sept. 11 were supposed to be fuel for any fire. Muslims don't even support the terrorist attacks that took place that day and they sympathize with the victims.
The Islamic teachings on the subject of hating or fighting non Muslims can be summed up in the following verses; Quran 60:7-8
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT / Hamas Frees Two Israeli Women From Gaza / Prophet Kwabena Tawiah To President Akufo-Addo: 'Occultist, I Know Your Power'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.