Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? (5127 Views)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? / Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by MrsChima(f): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
sexkillz: It was all for the green card. . . Imagine, he married her secretly.

Hmm. You made an interesting point. grin lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by MrsChima(f): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
tellwsdom:

Mshew chima, i wld be in L.A soon, come and see me, so that we can wink wink

I would rather eat lead and swim with pirahnas. wink grin cheesy
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
adabeke12:

um sir, u can make a statement without having to insult Nigerian women. Have u met them all? plz stop generalizing. the same can be said for Nigerian men
Na you sabi. Truth is always bitter. Blackberries, icecream, meatpie, diamond, silver, gold, always demanding without bringing anything to the table. Yes I have met them all and I can generalise. And I know what I am alking about.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
sexkillz: The sad truth is that OP is talking nonsense because he now has a green card. . . Where was all these long sermon about values before? I can't even bother typing further. . .

It was all for the green card. . . Imagine, he married her secretly.

^^^Agreed! Sir you are already married (even without parental consent). You are going to throw away a good woman for fairy tale that you "believe" exists. There is a saying that 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.' Choose wisely.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by davida222(m): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
u can marry her... But any tin u do dont ever get married to a Nigerian lady..
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by adabeke12(f): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
Metalgoong:

You are not only unintelligent, but also a dolt. . . I guess you were expecting me to start heaping undeserved praises on Nigeria girls . . I gave a brother an honest advice, and also a personal opinion of mine. If that didn't suit you, you should have ignored my post like others before you.

As I said earlier, there is no difference between you Nigeria girls and black American girls.

oh so u want me to stoop to ur level in talking rubbish okwaya? so nigerian men are angels sent from above right? lmfao! plz dont get me started up in this place. If Nigerian girls are bad i wonder who made them act that way. you need to go sit ur ignorant self down.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by adabeke12(f): 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
tpacalipse: Na you sabi. Truth is always bitter. Blackberries, icecream, meatpie, diamond, silver, gold, always demanding without bringing anything to the table. Yes I have met them all and I can generalise. And I know what I am alking about.

liar liar ur pants is definetly on fire. u have met all nigerian girls around the globe. ok nah all nigerian men are despicable. it's rather unfortunate that those r the kind of girls u hang around or have met. what does that say about u as a person? so check what ur abt to say b4 u vomit it.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by SAFO(m): 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

[size=22pt]SAFO!! [/size] kiss kiss kiss How far na?

Hey sweetie, how's it going?
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by MrsChima(f): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
SAFO:

Hey sweetie, how's it going?

Good and you?
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by KateSpade(f): 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2012
First of, So are you married or are you single?

Second, it sounds as if you love her and she loves you. Your only concern seems to be wanting to marry a Nigerian for the shared culture which is understandable but its not enough. If you were having other doubts about her I would suggest looking elsewhere but as long as she is alright with you and you both are open-minded, honest and communicate well you are good.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by SAFO(m): 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Good and you?

Been working a lot but all is well. smiley
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by MrsChima(f): 11:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
KateSpade: First of, So are you married or are you single?

Second, it sounds as if you love her and she loves you. Your only concern seems to be wanting to marry a Nigerian for the shared culture which is understandable but its not enough. If you were having other doubts about her I would suggest looking elsewhere but as long as she is alright with you and you both are open-minded, honest and communicate well you are good.

He is married but married her for papers. He want a Nigerian woman because hjs mother said so not because he want to. It is an insult to Nigerian women not because he saying he is doing to make mom and family happy..which is bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by Metalgoong(m): 1:24am On Sep 26, 2012
adabeke12:

oh so u want me to stoop to ur level in talking rubbish okwaya? so nigerian men are angels sent from above right? lmfao! plz dont get me started up in this place. If Nigerian girls are bad i wonder who made them act that way. you need to go sit ur ignorant self down.

It is obvious you are already going senile at this your young age. . .
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by FreshGuy2(m): 2:51am On Sep 26, 2012
Okontami: @Bobdon, what is your mind telling you, try to be truthful to yourself. Ask your self the following questions:
1) Do i really love this Lady
2) Can i cope with her and her excesses
3) Do i want to spend the rest of my life with her
4) Can she also be there for me
5) Am i being selfish
6) What values have i added to this lady's life
7) What values has she added to me

Ask your self heart probing questions and make sure you are not being selfish about your decisions. Most time we make up our mind based on the fact that we are not seeing light at the end of the tunnel with our partners, while a little heart to heart discussion would have solved the problem. Please don't take hasty decisions. But come to think of it....Why are men so wicked and heartless? When she was helping you with your immigration status, she was heaven on heart to you??, when you were busy ban*ging her right , front , back , mouth and center she was everything to you. Now you are making small change she has suddenly become someone that does not imbibe the Nigerian core values. Were you daft when you first approached her. Guy, don't get me angry.

Discuss, heart to heart with her. Let her know your core values and aspirations. Guide her too and you will see that you guys will be happy.
well said.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by Ranoscky(m): 3:42am On Sep 26, 2012
Nonsense!

I thought u were abouto say she later changed, strange behaviours, disrespectful and all. But NO! None of those! Just your mind was bothering if u could stay with an AA. But that wasn't the case when she risked herself in marrying u secretly, abi?... Na ur type dey paint naija bad name.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by seunfly: 6:07am On Sep 26, 2012
@OP why have Gold and you are searching for stone? no Nigerian girl will do this for you, no sacrifice in thier dictionary.

tpacalipse: Na you sabi. Truth is always bitter. Blackberries, icecream, meatpie, diamond, silver, gold, always demanding without bringing anything to the table. Yes I have met them all and I can generalise. And I know what I am talking about.
Na true you talk jare before you can see any good Nigerian girl is either she is truly and deeply religious or she is overtime and want marriage unfailinly. others 20 to 27(years) they turn men to ATM and always demanding. No money no love

@ADABEKE you may talk for ur self may be you are part of the 5% of the good one.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 26, 2012
adabeke12:

liar liar ur pants is definetly on fire. u have met all nigerian girls around the globe. ok nah all nigerian men are despicable. it's rather unfortunate that those r the kind of girls u hang around or have met. what does that say about u as a person? so check what ur abt to say b4 u vomit it.
Naija babe! You think you can talk? I understand you are one of them and I bet you are not different. Do I even have time to hang out with any of them? I am a busy man, ' have no time for any icecream demanding rogues.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 26, 2012
Nigerian men did not make naija women turn that bad. I think those who made them greedy are mostly their mothers. Once they bring u home these days as a husband to be, their mothers will start asking you stupid questions like: Hope you are not a teacher? Do you go to work on you legs? Where is your camry parked 'cause I could not find a car outside. Are you ready to marry my daughter at all? Do u know my daughter has never lived in a face me apartment before? Hope u are not from Ekiti because those ones are hard to control? Blalalallalalalalalalalalla. Before you know it, your babe has changed and now looking for a highest bidder to pls her mama.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 26, 2012
tpacalipse: Nigerian men did not make naija women turn that bad. I think those who made them greedy are mostly there mothers. Once they bring u home these days as a husband to be, their mothers will start asking you hope you are not a teacher? Do you go to work on you legs? Where is your camry parked 'cause I could not find a car outside. Are you ready to marry daughter at all? Do u know my daughte has never lived in a face me apartment before? Hope u are not from Ekiti because those ones are hard to control? Blalalallalalalalalalalalla. Before you know it, your babe has changed now looking for hieghest bidder to pls her mama.

What else should I have expected expect from low-budget ghetto statistician who pull data out of thin air?
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

What else should I have expected expect from low-budget ghetto statistician who pull data out of thin air?
You are wrong to bold that part and with that comment. And I rest my case here.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by Kay1kay1(m): 8:07am On Sep 26, 2012
@ OP
Don't try to be clever now...how many times did you mention that you love your Afro-American lady?...unflinching support?...A lady's been there for you through those times as a man...Don't ever try to be clever...Getting a life partner is different from shopping for a gold wrist-watch...And you mentioned your mum saying you shouldn't be a 'weak' man (whatever that's supposed to mean).

Now be a real man. Prayerfully marry her in an open ceremony and start your life...Is your Dad around? Do you have a father-figure who's been there for you a good while?

If you're told you would not find a woman like her, would you take it to be a curse or an insult?...Think and Act...except you're one those guys who love a long run of 'games'(Oh they pay real hard lose in the end...). Wish you the best...
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by adabeke12(f): 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
Metalgoong:

It is obvious you are already going senile at this your young age. . .

oh, abeg make i hear word. na ur whole entire family dey go senile. rubish!
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by adabeke12(f): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
seunfly: @OP why have Gold and you are searching for stone? no Nigerian girl will do this for you, no sacrifice in thier dictionary.

Na true you talk jare before you can see any good Nigerian girl is either she is truly and deeply religious or she is overtime and want marriage unfailinly. others 20 to 27(years) they turn men to ATM and always demanding. No money no love

@ADABEKE you may talk for ur self may be you are part of the 5% of the good one.

if there are only 5% good Nigerian girls then the men are -00001%. and the truth they say is definitely bitter
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by adabeke12(f): 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
tpacalipse: Naija babe! You think you can talk? I understand you are one of them and I bet you are not different. Do I even have time to hang out with any of them? I am a busy man, ' have no time for any icecream demanding rogues.

Well i am whom i am, that what i can say and i bet there r alot of naija babes that hold their own down without a man. But in this case u guyz will still complain and call them something else. U can never satisfy leeches.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
adabeke12:

Well i am whom i am, that what i can say and i bet there r alot of naija babes that hold their own down without a man. But in this case u guyz will still complain and call them something else. U can never satisfy leeches.
Hmn!
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by BobDon: 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
I would like to thank everyone who responded to my post. You have been so wonderful and honest to me and I really appreciate your contribution. Opening this thread was important to me because I needed to get some anonymous unbiased feedback about my situation. Since my family does not have all the information that I posted here, they are unable to advice me appropriately. I posted the facts just as they were and I gave you all my arguments. Given the overwhelming rejection of my line of thought, it is clear that I need to do away with it.

I am going to stick with my relationship and I am going to have a positive attitude going forward. My girlfriend is a great woman and I love her with all my heart. Even when we argue, we never go below the belt, we always have a debate. She states her arguments without raising her voice and I state mine. If she is right, I apologize to her and if I am right she does the same. This is my first relationship and it is has led me to the point where I have had to make the most important decision of my life at a relatively young age. I posted my story here because I sincerely wanted to know if I was making the right call based on the facts that I presented.

To everyone who responded, I am very grateful for your honesty. May God bless all of you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by MrsChima(f): 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
BobDon: I would like to thank everyone who responded to my post. You have been so wonderful and honest to me and I really appreciate your contribution. Opening this thread was important to me because I needed to get some anonymous unbiased feedback about my situation. Since my family does not have all the information that I posted here, they are unable to advice me appropriately. I posted the facts just as they were and I gave you all my arguments. Given the overwhelming rejection of my line of thought, it is clear that I need to do away with it.

I am going to stick with my relationship and I am going to have a positive attitude going forward. My girlfriend is a great woman and I love her with all my heart. Even when we argue, we never go below the belt, we always have a debate. She states her arguments without raising her voice and I state mine. If she is right, I apologize to her and if I am right she does the same. This is my first relationship and it is has led me to the point where I have had to make to most important decision of my life at a relatively young age. I posted my story here because I sincerely wanted to know if I was making the right call based on the facts that I presented.

To everyone who responded, I am very grateful for your honesty. May God bless all of you.

Remember it doesn't matter where the chick was raised or who her parents are...it is about what you want in life and what you are willing to deal with. If having a Nigerian woman make you happy because your mother is happy then so be it but remember if it doesn't work out...you can only blame yourself.

You have made a decision to stick with the person who traveled two hours to your roach infested apartment and married you knowing you married her for papers is indeed someone who put your needs/wants before herself.

How many non-American women can you say will do that? Not many I bet. You should have told your family about her before you got married and allow them to get to know her even if they wanted you to marry a Nigerian woman. Trust actions speak louder than words and if your chick is what you say she is then your family would have saw that and changed their minds.

They are only going off stereotypes and hearsay especially if they never left the village.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by JallowBah(f): 10:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
BobDon: I would like to thank everyone who responded to my post. You have been so wonderful and honest to me and I really appreciate your contribution. Opening this thread was important to me because I needed to get some anonymous unbiased feedback about my situation. Since my family does not have all the information that I posted here, they are unable to advice me appropriately. I posted the facts just as they were and I gave you all my arguments. Given the overwhelming rejection of my line of thought, it is clear that I need to do away with it.

I am going to stick with my relationship and I am going to have a positive attitude going forward. My girlfriend is a great woman and I love her with all my heart. Even when we argue, we never go below the belt, we always have a debate. She states her arguments without raising her voice and I state mine. If she is right, I apologize to her and if I am right she does the same. This is my first relationship and it is has led me to the point where I have had to make the most important decision of my life at a relatively young age. I posted my story here because I sincerely wanted to know if I was making the right call based on the facts that I presented.

I thank YOU.

Not many young men are able to take that chance either. Nor women. I was only 23 when I got married, but my gut told me it was right.
Love is love, and everyone have their struggles. Dont believe its going to be cloud nine the rest of your life, and remember to enjoy all the small thingssmiley

Good luck to you both, you seem like a good man.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by seunfly: 6:34am On Sep 27, 2012
adabeke12:

if there are only 5% good Nigerian girls then the men are -00001%. and the truth they say is definitely bitter

Adaeke you have not tell us why Nigerian men are bad, agreed they are, but please give us some reasons just like we mention the weakness of Nigerian girls. If u can tell me then i will tell you where they got it wrong.
Re: Should I Marry My African American Girlfriend? by ochukoccna: 1:22am On Oct 15, 2012
@ op,Follow your heart wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am I The Most Handsome Dude On Nairaland? / NEED TO KNOW: How To Touch A Girl On A Date / When You Catch Your Wife In Bed With Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.