Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176308 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Ugosample: How come no one is talking about GA?

Bros, Atlanta, GA... Is a great place to live anyway, cos lots of Black ppl are there.. I have been there a couple of times though. But for Employment, I nor know reach so... If you want too find a Job easy through temp agency there... Go Atlanta.Craigslist.com, also the same for Apartment... Check Jobs and Housing/Real Estate. Good Luck Sir.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
Gbenge 77: Sometime in 2010,i got an apartment for $900 in Baltimore county(Owings mills).Baltimore county is safe and luxurious ,compared to the city itself.I ve since relocated.

Bros, I dey Visit Baltimore for May this year... My Uncle lives there... Where you dey for Mary Land?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ugosample(m): 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
ojdollars:

Bros, Atlanta, GA... Is a great place to live anyway, cos lots of Black ppl are there.. I have been there a couple of times though. But for Employment, I nor know reach so... If you want too find a Job easy through temp agency there... Go Atlanta.Craigslist.com, also the same for Apartment... Check Jobs and Housing/Real Estate. Good Luck Sir.
Thank you Mr O.j.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2013
@Gbenga77, please how much does it cost to rent a room in Baltimore, Maryland?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by savemysoul: 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2013
Thank your quick and quite educative response, now i want to say i have no friends in the US except from DC.this sponsor will be a issue oooo
ojdollars:

Bros, DC is like Migrating to Abuja to Live and Work. Not saying average income earners aren't there, but is wise and advisable to start climbing from the bottom of the leather to get to the Top... Most people who live in DC area earn above $100K Dollars.. Texas is a good start, na Oil state, they got the best economy in the US or one of the best. But if you want to Migrate to a state like DC WA... Make sure say you get employment first... If you be healthcare persin, no too much trouble, cos healthcare na survivors nationwide. Good Lucky Sir/Ma
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 4:58am On Jan 06, 2013
savemysoul: Thank your quick and quite educative response, now i want to say i have no friends in the US except from DC.this sponsor will be a issue oooo

No problem my brother
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 4:58am On Jan 06, 2013
Ugosample: Thank you Mr O.j.

You welcome Sir
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
Fellow forumite's in u.s.a,
is it possible to work 16hr's per day x 7 days a week........{not schooling}
though there are leave shcedules
Has anyone here experienced such,............narrate ur story
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:23am On Jan 08, 2013
I Hate 9ja: Fellow forumite's in u.s.a,
is it possible to work 16hr's per day x 7 days a week........{not schooling}
though there are leave shcedules
Has anyone here experienced such,............narrate ur story

Your question seems simple but very complex, hour of work varies from sector to sector,state to state, sex to to sex..., I have tried working 18hrs in a day twice in a week and not everyday,You can burn out pretty quickly doing that. Burning the candle at both ends as they say.

Not having any free time will certainly take its toll. Adding to the stress of working 2 jobs and only being able to merely exist (and not really live) it can be a bit much for a lot of people.

On the other hand I know people who have spent years working 16+ hour days and they thrive on it. Though long term it does catch up with them.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by cenobs007(m): 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
Happy New Year everyone in d house. I missed my dv interview date because i was there at 8 instead of 7am. Can i be given another date? Please i need ur help
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by atseyi(m): 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
@atseyi which address did u wrote down @ POE wen u arrive at usa
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
atseyi: Hi Guys, Happy new year to you all, i got my SSN now ,less that two weeks i got to GA, my GC has some complication as am not expecting it to be sent to GA, it will be sent to the address which i gave initially in IN but my initial host has said he will help look out for it, Assuming i cant trace its where about or dont get it from my initial host,what can i do to replace it.thanks for ur advice

Have you confirmed from USCIS if it has been despatched? did you change your old address with USCIS?if yes,you may need to file for replacement of GC,but comfirm from your contact person in the former address and ask him to send the GC to your new address.If he insist not seeing it let me know.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
cenobs007: Happy New Year everyone in d house. I missed my dv interview date because i was there at 8 instead of 7am. Can i be given another date? Please i need ur help

Yes, you can reschedule it, contact the Lagos Us embassy ASAP.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ gunner'z........u neva leave 9ja....God wld provide for ur need'z
@ ibracadabra........minnesota dey sweet u sha o.......it's been quite sometime since i came across ur post on this forum.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by niggaguy: 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
atseyi: Hi Guys, Happy new year to you all, i got my SSN now ,less that two weeks i got to GA, my GC has some complication as am not expecting it to be sent to GA, it will be sent to the address which i gave initially in IN but my initial host has said he will help look out for it, Assuming i cant trace its where about or dont get it from my initial host,what can i do to replace it.thanks for ur advice

I just came into the US last week.
Did you have to go the nearest Social Security Office to get your Card or did tick the immigration forms (ds-230) that you earlier sent when you were applied that ---
No 43a
(Do you want the Social
Security Administration to
assign you a SSN and issue a
card? (You must answer YES
to question 43b. to receive a
number and a card.)

. Please I need to know how you went about getting your social security number.

Thank you
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ hate naija, tanks. Na flight money remain
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
gunners4u: @ hate naija, tanks. Na flight money remain
i wish i could help u {honestly}.....
Dont worry....soon the good Lord wld come to ur aid...u'r great
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
ojdollars:

Bros, I dey Visit Baltimore for May this year... My Uncle lives there... Where you dey for Mary Land?
Annapolis.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
jidex001: @Gbenga77, please how much does it cost to rent a room in Baltimore, Maryland?
It aries depending on the size of your pocket
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
jidex001: @Gbenga77, please how much does it cost to rent a room in Baltimore, Maryland?
It varies depending on the size of your pocket
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
TIPS for getting a job(culled from Career Builder)
Don't let bad news get you down
"Don't listen to the doom and gloom that you hear in the news. People are getting jobs every day, and companies are growing, even in a down economy. I say this as a business owner, whose biggest challenge over the past year has been finding quality help. I have also seen it with other local business owners who are looking to hire. I believe that people get an idea that there are no jobs because of all the negativity they hear about the job numbers in the media, so they buy into that and give up, while others go for it and find great jobs, regardless of the economic indicators." -- Anthony Kirlew, founder and CEO of AKA Internet Marketing

Find what makes you passionate
"If you don't focus your job search on something you are passionate about, you won't stand out enough. Your networking, your résumé and your interviews all have to show a spark to get attention, especially in a tight economy. The good news is it's a great time to tap into what you love and then match that to the job market. It's possible and essential." -- Val Nelson, career and business coach

Show how you add value
"Figure out what value you can provide. Your credentials and your past are nice but secondary. I am glad you think you are great, but it's of little consequence to me. Convince me that my future is better with you than without you. Value, value, value -- that's where it is at. Once you know the value you provide, make it clear in your résumé, cover letter and interview." -- Ann Latham, president of consulting and business-services company Uncommon Clarity

Network, network, network
"Network with all kinds of people for useful market information, not just information about specific job openings or companies that are known to be hiring. Learn about the larger world and environment." -- Tammy Gooler Loeb, career and executive coach at Tammy Gooler Loeb Coaching & Consulting

Stay positive
"Positivity and persistence are key. Stay optimistic throughout the process and keep going until you achieve your goal." -- Lynda Zugec, managing director of The Workforce Consultants

Stand out from the crowd
"Every candidate is punctual, responsible and gets on well with people. To avoid blending in with the crowd, highlight unique elements of your personal brand. For example, a candidate listed an around-the-world trip she took in college as an educational experience. When we read that, we had to hear the story, so she got an interview and eventually a job. Don't skip or gloss over the cover letter. This is your opportunity to make a personal impression and connection. A résumé is just a list of facts about you, but the cover letter gives a hiring agent insight into your personality. We hire people, not résumés.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:46am On Jan 10, 2013
7 HOTS JOB (culled from Monster)
When it comes to planning for your financial future, securing a job in a growing industry might be your best bet. But, which jobs have the most promise for a $70K (or higher) payday?

According to online salary database, PayScale.com, industries on the rise include technology, engineering, and finance. "Jobs in these industries are 'hot' because they are in high-demand, rapidly growing fields, and are expected to experience positive growth, both in pay and job opportunities," says Katie Bardaro, Director of Analytics at PayScale.

Here are seven jobs that typically pay over $70,000, each with a predicted growth rate of over 14 percent, the average rate of all jobs as predicted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Petroleum Geologist
Median Pay: $100,000

The oil and gas industry frequently appears in lists of industries that are thriving. A petroleum geologist plays a key role in finding oil, using various sciences to discover potential oil traps. A bachelor's degree is required, though some positions require candidates to have a master's degree in geology or petroleum engineering.

Find petroleum geologist jobs

Data Scientist, IT
Median Pay: $91,500

Big Data is technology's newest player and it's here to stay, Bardaro says. "In today's world, everyone wants to collect and analyze data to make their products and businesses more successful," she explains. A data scientist is required to spot trends in data, so this career might be a good fit for you if you are inquisitive, patient, and analytic. A bachelor's degree is required.

Find data scientist jobs

Management Consultant
Median Pay: $87,400

With the economy still in recovery from the Great Recession, businesses need to be strategic about their choices. A management consultant can help a business decide the best path of action to take when it comes to making decisions about growth, employees, and products. Ideally, a management consultant helps render businesses more successful. This job typically requires a bachelor's degree.

Find management consultant jobs

Portfolio Manager
Median Pay: $84,500

With the uncertainty of the economy, it's good to have a team of professionals overseeing portfolios, explains Bardaro. "Typically, portfolio managers work for a company, rather than an individual, managing financials to ensure they grow year over year, to make sure the boat doesn't sink," she says. This job typically requires a bachelor's degree.

Find portfolio manager jobs

Clinical Engineer, Medical Devices
Median Pay: $72,600

The demand for healthcare services rises with our increasing population. As baby boomers age, the need ultrasound machines, dialysis machines, and other medical devices will continue to multiply. A clinical engineer is responsible for responding to this need by making these devices smarter, more technologically advanced. This job requires a bachelor's degree.

Find clinical engineering jobs

Content Strategist
Median Pay: $72,100

If you are a creative thinker who understands how to make a brand appeal to a wide audience, you might be well-suited for a career as a content strategist. Bridget Quigg, content strategist at a Seattle, WA tech startup, enjoys a lot of variety in her career. "I love my job. It's creative almost 100 percent of the time. Infographics, whitepapers, articles, blog posts - I get to make all kinds of topics shine," says Quigg. Typically, a person in this career holds a bachelor's degree.

Find content strategist jobs

Android Software Developer
Median Pay: $70,500

Next time you are waiting on line at the coffee shop, look around and notice how many patrons are using their phones. "Smartphone usage is on the rise; mobile devices have become one of the main ways people consume media," says Bardaro. If you have ideas for great apps and an understanding of the Android operating system and software development, you might enjoy this career.

Find Android developer jobs

Source: All salary and education data provided by online salary database PayScale.com. Salaries listed are median, annual pay for workers with five to eight years of experience and include all bonuses, commissions or profit sharing. The projected growth rate is the Bureau of Labor Statistics' forecast of the percentage job growth between 2010 and 2020.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 4:52am On Jan 10, 2013
Happy New year guys... I haven't come around cos a lot has been happening so fast. So many interviews, and I just moved to my own appartment. I just remembered I needed to fill an online form immediately I changed residence. Pls can anyone give me the link where I can enter my new address... thanks alot guys and I start work next week so join me in thanking God, cos I can't thank him enough....

PS: the drivers lisence practise website you posted here has been extremely useful and I now feel confident to go for a permit tomorrow or next.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2013
Ibracadabra: Happy New year guys... I haven't come around cos a lot has been happening so fast. So many interviews, and I just moved to my own appartment. I just remembered I needed to fill an online form immediately I changed residence. Pls can anyone give me the link where I can enter my new address... thanks alot guys and I start work next week so join me in thanking God, cos I can't thank him enough....

PS: the drivers lisence practise website you posted here has been extremely useful and I now feel confident to go for a permit tomorrow or next.

Congratulations Ibracadabra quickly use this link to change your address,make sure you print a copy for your keep.
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 10, 2013
Ibracadabra: Happy New year guys... I haven't come around cos a lot has been happening so fast. So many interviews, and I just moved to my own appartment. I just remembered I needed to fill an online form immediately I changed residence. Pls can anyone give me the link where I can enter my new address... thanks alot guys and I start work next week so join me in thanking God, cos I can't thank him enough....

All the best bozz.happy to hear from u,glad to hear u're progressing
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by daddykelly(m): 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2013

wow nice,thank God for the fast progress.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Congratulations Ibracadabra quickly use this link to change your address,make sure you print a copy for your keep.
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms

Thanks bro.. I just completed it and am now very relieved.
How your side dey?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2013
I Hate 9ja:

All the best bozz.happy to hear from u,glad to hear u're progressing

Thanks a mill bro... It's God at work in my life and I thank him 100%
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
daddykelly:
wow nice,thank God for the fast progress.

yes bro... God be praised
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:50am On Jan 11, 2013
Ibracadabra:

Thanks bro.. I just completed it and am now very relieved.
How your side dey?

My end is cool,thank you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by atseyi(m): 1:44am On Jan 11, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Have you confirmed from USCIS if it has been despatched? did you change your old address with USCIS?if yes,you may need to file for replacement of GC,but comfirm from your contact person in the former address and ask him to send the GC to your new address.If he insist not seeing it let me know.

Thanks for your responce adesoji, i had to call USCIS and explain to them for address change , so they confirm the information on my visa and confirm to me the GC has not been dispatch and i can give them my new address, so i did that and they said it will come directly to my new address, they also said i can use my stamped passport as a temporary GC till when i recieve the main card.

will keep u updated how its going. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.