Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176583 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
as time goes on,u wld get adapted
you will not understand, hope u come here and see for yourself. -12c ? hmmmm
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
brightmon:
you will not understand, hope u come here and see for yourself. -12c ? hmmmm
Wow dat's too cold,i trust u dont go out.i pray i get selected,then i wld xperience it......how is the family....Jah bless u all......colourful california.....diz xmas season
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
Wow dat's too cold,i trust u dont go out.i pray i get selected,then i wld xperience it......how is the family....Jah bless u all......colourful california.....diz xmas season
California is really a nice place and the weather is much better to other states. Just reamain focus and God will do it. If you want anything from the Bros upstairs then be ready for have patience because his own is permanent and added no sorrow but that guy for backyard, your guess is as good as mine.
All the best Bro and complement of the season.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
brightmon:
California is really a nice place and the weather is much better to other states. Just reamain focus and God will do it. If you want anything from the Bros upstairs then be ready for have patience because his own is permanent and added no sorrow but that guy for backyard, your guess is as good as mine.
All the best Bro and complement of the season.
thank'z boss,jah wld do it.......he neva fails
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 9:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
thank'z boss,jah wld do it.......he neva fails
I believe you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 10:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
Bros brightmon, which year lottey did u win?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
@ ibracada pls post d address where u book ur ticket again. I misplace my phone so wouldn't see d one u txt to me again. Also hw many hours stop over was d flight n hw many time did it stop over?
gunners4u: Bros brightmon, which year lottey did u win?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 11:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
gunners4u: Bros brightmon, which year lottey did u win?
1st set of DV13, Oct. why ask?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 7:11am On Dec 22, 2012
@bros brightmon am just asking becos i no see ur interview testimony in 2012 thread.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 22, 2012
brightmon:
1st set of DV13, Oct. why ask?
u're so lucky boss
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 7:30am On Dec 22, 2012
Merry!Merry!! Christmas

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
u're so lucky boss
its not luck but God.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ahmedgafar7(m): 11:11am On Dec 22, 2012
brightmon:
its not luck but God.
its God that made ♈̷̴̩‎O̶̲̥̅̊U̶̲̥̅̊ ‎
Lucky...I pray I also win sOoº˚°ºOoº˚°º I will
Join ♈̷̴̩‎O̶̲̥̅̊U̶̲̥̅̊ ‎ i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ California.IJN
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
ahmedgafar7: its God that made ♈̷̴̩‎O̶̲̥̅̊U̶̲̥̅̊ ‎
Lucky...I pray I also win sOoº˚°ºOoº˚°º I will
Join ♈̷̴̩‎O̶̲̥̅̊U̶̲̥̅̊ ‎ i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ California.IJN
Amen oooo............Na God
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by calculusx(m): 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
Lovely thread. As i was reading on and on,page by page,i feel like having a green-card too grin

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 11:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
My host just told me to learn how to drive well before coming. Also he told me to bring a nice phone along cos nice phones are expensive in d state. Pls house is dat so? Y will yankee phones b expensive then 9ja phones
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 1:14am On Dec 23, 2012
papatee2: My host just told me to learn how to drive well before coming. Also he told me to bring a nice phone along cos nice phones are expensive in d state. Pls house is dat so? Y will yankee phones b expensive then 9ja phones
Abt driving, i say a BIG yes, its will be difficult moving around if you cant drive and expensive to learn.
Abt phone, most of our phones "may" not work after few days due to the weather and voltage. 9ja phone is meant for hot weather and 220v but the us is cold and 110v.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 1:17am On Dec 23, 2012
calculusx: Lovely thread. As i was reading on and on,page by page,i feel like having a green-card too grin
Thats it. dont forget Honesty and just be yourself during your day at the embassy.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 1:32am On Dec 23, 2012
Which means d phone in 9ja will last better in usa or what?
brightmon:
Abt driving, i say a BIG yes, its will be difficult moving around if you cant drive and expensive to learn.
Abt phone, most of our phones "may" not work after few days due to the weather and voltage. 9ja phone is meant for hot weather and 220v but the us is cold and 110v.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 1:57am On Dec 23, 2012
papatee2: Which means d phone in 9ja will last better in usa or what?
well i may say yes because some device are built for cold or hot weather. i may advice you come with the cash because the diffrence may be abt $150 in addition. most GSM operator dont encourage buying of SIM alone, you may have to buy the phone and sim from them. you will understand better when you come. My Advice, come with the cash.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 4:03am On Dec 23, 2012
I'm using my Nigerian phone and it's working okay... I really don't think its a major issue: so don't get anxious about it. Just get ready for your trip and we hope to have you here soonest...

@ Brightmon: Do you know if its possible for one to get at least a Driver's permit on d same day he goes to d DMV office? I plan to go there on Monday and take d test... I understand that it would take 3 months to get d license proper. I don't know why they can't just test someone right away and give him d License if he passes... What's your take on this?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 6:15am On Dec 23, 2012
Ibracadabra: I'm using my Nigerian phone and it's working okay... I really don't think its a major issue: so don't get anxious about it. Just get ready for your trip and we hope to have you here soonest...

@ Brightmon: Do you know if its possible for one to get at least a Driver's permit on d same day he goes to d DMV office? I plan to go there on Monday and take d test... I understand that it would take 3 months to get d license proper. I don't know why they can't just test someone right away and give him d License if he passes... What's your take on this?
the first stage in obtaining a license is the written and eye test, after which a date is fixed online for the driving test.This may take two weeks or more combine>Am talking about TX oo bt dont know about other states
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 6:26am On Dec 23, 2012
Ibracadabra: I'm using my Nigerian phone and it's working okay... I really don't think its a major issue: so don't get anxious about it. Just get ready for your trip and we hope to have you here soonest...

Permit? Yes but after a test and must have your 9ja licence and its for 6 months. It takes a week for the state licence to come after your behind the wheel test. am talking abt CA.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 7:30am On Dec 23, 2012
@bros ibraca, which type of phone u buy 4 here b4 going
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by papatee2: 9:41am On Dec 23, 2012
Which state are you? Also I told u to post d address where u booked ur ticket to me, I wanna book mine next week

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by bobshina: 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
brightmon:
Permit? Yes but after a test and must have your 9ja licence and its for 6 months. It takes a week for the state licence to come after your behind the wheel test. am talking abt CA.
Yeah, I was given a permit too after taking d exam and was bookd for january to come 4 d practical, though i've been driving sha wit my host family to get used to d terrain/road signs. Bros, its not been too easy o but thank God for d BENEFIT card thats taking care of our medicals and other temp assistant o. i hope youve explored d opportunities too?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
Hi Guys, I received on mail my green card today. Thank God for his greatness and also appreciate everybody for all the contributions. Although there was a mixed up along the line, when I received a mail to show up for biometric in January which later made me rescheduled my flight back to Nigeria from today's date to 2nd week in Jan. All the same glory be to God.

bobshina:
Yeah, I was given a permit too after taking d exam and was bookd for january to come 4 d practical, though i've been driving sha wit my host family to get used to d terrain/road signs. Bros, its not been too easy o but thank God for d BENEFIT card thats taking care of our medicals and other temp assistant o. i hope youve explored d opportunities too?

Pls what's the BENEFIT card all about?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
Congrat mogzy, bt will u still do dat biomatric in jan?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
gunners4u: Congrat mogzy, bt will u still do dat biomatric in jan?

Thanks, yeah I think Since I am still gonna be around by then, I could still show up there with my GC. They will be the one to determine if I needed to do it or not.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 12:18am On Dec 24, 2012
mogzy: Hi Guys, I received on mail my green card today. Thank God for his greatness and also appreciate everybody for all the contributions. Although there was a mixed up along the line, when I received a mail to show up for biometric in January which later made me rescheduled my flight back to Nigeria from today's date to 2nd week in Jan. All the same glory be to God.

Pls what's the BENEFIT card all about?
its free medical care and the name vary from state to state, in California its called medi care.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 6:30am On Dec 24, 2012
brightmon:
its free medical care and the name vary from state to state, in California its called medi care.

so how do fresh immigrant access such??
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 7:56am On Dec 24, 2012
mogzy:

so how do fresh immigrant access such??
ask you host.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.