Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,949 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise (24625 Views)

Nigerians Nd Their "A Woman Who Cant Cook Wont Make A Good Wife" Mentality / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / Beautiful,caring And Intelligent But Can't Cook--please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima1(f): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
Only a dumb arse will suggest marrying two or more women simply because one woman can't cook. What if the second wife can't Bleep? What if the third wife can't clean? What if the fourth wife can't have babies? What are you going to do...marry all of Nigeria?

Dumb arses!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Homebaked: 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
Hey man, make sure you love her real good. That love will help absorb frustations in the event of marriage. Trust me, marriage hardly change people. There are no such things as bad cooks but there are lazy people. The laziness will be more glaring in the marriage. Its attendance are : Unmade bed, 3 days unwashed dishes, 7 days unswept apartment, unhealthy interest in home movies and uninspiring meals. If your love can endure all these, fine. If not, get another girl, after all it is easy to fall in love with any girl that offers great meals and services.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by ziccoit: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
That means she is not beautiful, caring and especially intelligent. How did she pass your exam when she couldn't cook? cool
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by betrani(m): 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
Nwadiuso: U guys love each other ..fine..but rem marriage is a long tin..u will still get tired of d love..how will u feel if a cook is d one cooking for u everytime while ur wife lie idle..doesn't make sense..d earlier u start teaching her how to cook.d better for u cos at d long run its u dat will suffer it..person no dey chop love..
truth is that any woman that steps into a man's house to cook on his wife's behalf can turn that home into some stuff that the woman would b victim tomorrow! "young Girls" and idle young ladies be warned!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by controlseven: 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
U're lucky she's beautiful and loves u dearly. Hey! Don't push her to the wall. Employ a chef & a maid to cater for her inadequacies. Or do u want to lose her? Women should be pampered afterall. Loverboy!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Gracious10: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
Homebaked: Hey man, make sure you love her real good. That love will help absorb frustations in the event of marriage. Trust me, marriage hardly change people. There are no such things as bad cooks but there are lazy people. The laziness will be more glaring in the marriage. Its attendance are : Unmade bed, 3 days unwashed dishes, 7 days unswept apartment, unhealthy interest in home movies and uninspiring meals. If your love can endure all these, fine. If not, get another girl, after all it is easy to fall in love with any girl that offers great meals and services.

3days unwashed dishes? Yuck!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
Much more than candle lights and roses, there is also daylights and dishes in marriage. A lady should not be carried away by pictures of wedding in ovation magazine, not knowing that those pictures have been edited. The most bonding part of marriage is the domestic part, and if any lady say she has the philosopher's stone that will turn her marriage to gold;its in domestic bonding . I can't imagine a lady saying she doesn't know how to wash the toliet, but always poo in it.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by tunapawizzy: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
feed her to the gods....she is useless
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
Where is she from?.. grin
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by fankasibe: 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
I'm very sure u got married to one of those BLACK-BERRY BABE who spend their time pinging and doing make-up. I advice men to marry a VEGETABLE instead of useless FLOWER.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by demitola(m): 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2012
Comsciseye: One mans food is anothers poison.I don't care how delicious her food is but as long as she is trying to improve her cooking,I will love her more.a dietician will tell you:what counts is not the pleasant taste of the food but the nutritional value. My profile: www.sforeverconsult.com
i guezz ur galfrnd is in d same category too, sowe.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by fankasibe: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
control_seven: U're lucky she's beautiful and loves u dearly. Hey! Don't push her to the wall. Employ a chef & a maid to cater for her inadequacies. Or do u want to lose her? Women should be pampered afterall. Loverboy!
dis is bullshit talk, i don't care if he looses her, the girl is already lost without any home-training. Beauty of a woman is in d inside.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2012
Make sure u live very close to a eatery to buy food,and to solve nite food,then let ur maiguard sell egg and indomie.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
mekaboy: grin[b] LET US SEE THE PICTURE OF YOUR KITCHEN, SOMETIMES THE KITCHEN MIGHT DISCOURAGE THE GIRL.

YOU DONT EXPECT A 21ST CENTURY CHICK TO BE PULLING THREAD FROM A KEROSINE STOVE. LOL

Laughing at the bolded part. I still do that, so I don't see any big deal about it. We only used stove for foods(beans) that take longer to cook and to conserve gas also.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by mimicue(f): 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2012
She can't cook and is not willing to learn to top it all she doesn't do domestic chores..if u want to marry her teach her hw to cook oh. Or goan take her to a restaurant let her stay dere for 1week she will learn or beta still if u know how to cook teach her as for d chored u can't teach her that one o. U will jst deal with it and get a maid unless u don't want to be eating meatpie as dinner when u come for work. And ur children visiting ur neighbours telling them their hungry that their mummy cannot cook so think or make her change if not don't marry her
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by standfirm: 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
Dis is really serious i tot am d only one dat has met dis set of ladies; she cooked d indomie untill it turned into a pourage. guy dnt even tink of marriage let alone 2 a lazy woman am not saying u cnt help her bt is she willing 2 learn cos am sure d mum or freinds might have tried 2 teach her but she refused 2 iearn. abeg free d babe
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by controlseven: 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2012
fankasibe:
dis is bullshit talk, i don't care if he looses her, the girl is already lost without any home-training. Beauty of a woman is in d inside.
Why would u care? U're not the person involved in this case. Have u been truly in love? Love can be crazy. It conquers all!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Tinyemeka(m): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
skup008: Its less than a year that i met this lovely gal,she is very beautiful,caring,very religious and we love each other so much.

she is actually the first lady i will ever love with my whole heart as i always dream of keeping her as a wife. But the problem am having with her is that she can't cook,she can't prepare any meal at all and she's also very lazy when it comes to domestic works

I'm confused. How exactly does she show care? Phone calls, kisses and cash?

Please explain.

You just said yourself that she's lazy on the home front.

Honestly, there is a BIG difference between a lady who can take care of the home while you are away. And one who delegates your children's welfare to the maid. Bro, honestly, there is a very big difference.

It's your choice to make.

On a side note, I was amused to note the number of earlier posters who were quick to offer the suggestion of getting a maid. smiley Well what can I say? It tallies with the quality of their regular posts. smiley Sorry O. Don't bite me.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by favourbaby: 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
vivian chinaza: Being an independent woman doesn't automatically make you a man! And it really pains me when women blame their inability to be a real woman on "independence!" A woman should be a woman anytime any day! Being independent is just an added advantage!

@ op, I'm gonna be as blunt as possible...... The worst thing that can ever happen to a man is to marry a woman who can't cook or keep a house together! A woman is supposed to be a home maker! Forget this love matter.......na u go tire by the time it starts frustrating you! This is not yankee or Jand! This is Africa for goodness sake! Here in Naija, men come home from their hectic jobs to a delicious home made meal prepared by their lovely wives, not order for chinese food joor! Don't even think of house helps cos its gonna get worse, and the lineage passes over to ur kids (girls) cos a snake begets a snake! If she can learn fine, in fact if she truly loves you and she know what marriage is all about she shouldn't wait for you to say something before she starts making an effort! But if she doesn't want to make an effort pls drop her like she is hot!

In fact, she is even missing a lot! Oh yes! She is missing that innermost joy that every woman feels when the man she love eats her food and almost chop the plate join cos he enjoys her meal!

MY SISTER YOU HAVE JUST SUMMARYLY SPOKEN THE OBVIOUS.
@OP
MY BROS OF WHAT GOOD IS A WOMAN THAT CANNOT COOK AND KEEP HER HOUSE CLEAN: A BABY DELIVERY MACHINE AND A 3EX TOOL?
IF U REALLY LOVE AND WISH TO MARRY HER AND BE A HAPPY MAN, TELL HER YOUR MIND AND STAND. TELL HER TO GO AND LEARN HOW TO COOK AND THE ART OF KEEPING THE HOUSE IN ORDER. PLACE HER ON SIX MONTHS PROBATION, IF SHE FAILS, KINDLY DROP HER.
U THINK U WILL TEACH HER WHEN U BOTH ARE MARRIED? THAT IS A FALLACY! ONCE U ARE MARRIED SHE WILL BE AT PAR WITH U: SHE CAN TAKE A STAND ON MAJOR ISSUES. IN D 1ST AND 2ND YR WHEN D LOVE IS STILL HOT AND STILL INTOXICATES, SHE MAY BE PUTTING UP FLIMSY EXECUSES WHICH YOU WILL BE BOUND TO OVERLOOK BECAUSE OF LOVE. SHE WILL NEVER FIT IN BECAUSE SHE HAS GOT NO BASIC OR LIMITED CULINARY SKILLS. U CAN ONLY TEACH OR CORRECT A WOMAN THAT COOKS BADLY.

D IDEA OF GETTING A HOUSE HELP TO TEACH HER THE CULINARY TECHNIQUES IN HER HOUSE WILL NOT WORK BECAUSE SHE WILL BE BOSSY BECAUSE SHE DID NOT START ON TIME. IF U DECIDE TO EMPLOY A HOUSE- HELP TO BE COOKING FOR YOU AT SUCH AN EARLY STAGE, ONE DAY UR MUM OR UR FAMILY WILL COME VISITING, AS U MUST KNOW TONGUE MUST WAG.
U CANNOT POSSIBLY TURN UR SELF TO THE COOK BECAUSE U KNOW HOW YOUR DAY STARTS AND ENDS. AND U KNOW SEEING YOU ALL THE TIME IN THE KITCHEN COOKING WHILE UR WIFE IS AROUND WILL NOT ALWAYS BE A PLEASANT SCENE TO BEHOLD.

SO PLEASE SHINE UR EYES!

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by demitola(m): 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2012
fankasibe:
U dont undstnd sarcasm do u? U're both on d same page as per ur opinion.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by NewsFlash101: 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2012
a
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2012
SHE: darling dinner's ready

GUY: indomie right?
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by kpolli(m): 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
Dear Poster,

Before you make any decision, ask yourself "why doesn't she know how to cook and why is she lazy?". . . . It's all about her upbringing, either she was a wayward child or her parents didn't care. . . . My advice, do not marry a girl that whp would need a third party to take care of her home. . . 90% of the time, the third party takes over her wifely duties too. . . . .
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Tinyemeka(m): 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
control_seven:
Why would u care? U're not the person involved in this case. Have u been truly in love? Love can be crazy. It conquers all!

Love can't put food on the table. It can't get the children ready for school at 6:45 in the morning. It won't make the children at 5 yrs realise that they are not meant to watch programmes rated 18+. And I can confidently tell you that love or the maid can't keep the house organized the way the family head would want it.

I have two questions to ask about this girl? What had she been doing all her growing years when her mum prepared meals? Or the mum also made use of maids?
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Tinyemeka(m): 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
Looking at the replies here, I've realised that a lot of posters think marriage is all about the wedding and honeymoon. After that, they'd continue the life-pattern they'd been used to, pre-wedding: wake up in the morning, 'hi, honey. Slept well?', exchange pecks, prepare for work, skip breakfast and dash off.

There is still a lot to be learnt. Common sense is not common.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by oineoma(m): 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
All this trash about get a househelp. If she s not wilin to chang then a future together may be hard. Wait till you start having children and you ll know how important it is she cooks
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by doublecross(m): 7:26pm On Sep 28, 2012
This is a very stupid and useless thread......Let her learn how to cook. it's that simple. Why the post.
skup008: Its less than a year that i met this lovely gal,she is very beautiful,caring,very religious and we love each other so much.

she is actually the first lady i will ever love with my whole heart as i always dream of keeping her as a wife. But the problem am having with her is that she can't cook,she can't prepare any meal at all and she's also very lazy when it comes to domestic works and any time i raise the issue, she always react as if she never care to learn how to do them,at times she tell that i shouldn't worry that she will change and learn how to cook very soon,that is when she notice am very serious or not happy about the issue.

I now want Nairalanders to advise me on what to do that can force her to learn how to cook and do other domestic works...

Thanks
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dealslip(f): 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2012

she is actually the first lady i will ever love with my whole heart as i always dream of keeping her as a wife. But the problem am having with her is that she can't cook,she can't prepare any meal at all and she's also very lazy when it comes to domestic works and any time i raise the issue, she always react as if she never care to learn how to do them,at times she tell that i shouldn't worry that she will change and learn how to cook very soon,that is when she notice am very serious or not happy about the issue.

I now want Nairalanders to advise me on what to do that can force her to learn how to cook and do other domestic works...

Thanks
Did U̶̲̥̅̊ marry her S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ she can cook Ųя meals and do Ųя house chore. Women are not maids they are meant †̥ be Ųя companions not take care of Ųя whims and caprices
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by vanbonattel: 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
dealslip:
Did U̶̲̥̅̊ marry her S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ she can cook Ųя meals and do Ųя house chore. Women are not maids they are meant †̥ be Ųя companions not take care of Ųя whims and caprices

with this type of mindset, your marriage will last as long as 2 months before the frustrated man will dump ur azz through the window wink
dealslip:

with this type of mindset, your marriage will last as long as 2 months before the frustrated man will dump ur azz through the window

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2012

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dealslip(f): 7:36pm On Sep 28, 2012
Tinyemeka:

Love can't put food on the table. It can't get the children ready for school at 6:45 in the morning. It won't make the children at 5 yrs realise that they are not meant to watch programmes rated 18+. And I can confidently tell you that love or the maid can keep the house organized the way the family head would want it.

I have two questions to ask about this girl? What had she been doing all her growing years when her mum prepared meals? Or the mum also made use of maids?

Why do U̶̲̥̅̊ think house chores and cooking I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ typically for women. What role I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ typically for men?  poster should look for what I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ (*)G̲̅O̲̅O̲̅D̲̅(*) abt  lady and help develop that. Complaining abt her but  didn't hear she isn't (*)G̲̅O̲̅O̲̅D̲̅(*) in bed, at least U̶̲̥̅̊ enjoy that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Fiancée And My Best Friend / 7 Clear Signs You’re In One Sided Relationship 2018 Valentine Special (ogashub) / Any Man That Collects Back His Gift From A Lady Is A Weak Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.