Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise (24623 Views)

Nigerians Nd Their "A Woman Who Cant Cook Wont Make A Good Wife" Mentality / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / Beautiful,caring And Intelligent But Can't Cook--please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 29, 2012
Well, perfection is only associated with the gods, not humans. This means that no one can have it all. . .if you see anyone that seems to have it all, my advice would be: run for your dear life, as fast as your wobbly legs can carry you. Otherwise, you might be in for the shock of your life.

For me though, assuming that I would get married someday, the potential wife's culinary abilities would probably rank lowest in the pecking order of my priority list, along with beauty.

I would be more than happy if my rigorous spiritual investigation shows that she is genuinely 1. Loyal 2. Godly 3. Wise/sensible, and 4. Conciliatory. I would gladly write off her shortcomings in the culinary department if she has these basics. A woman can learn to be a decent cook with practice, but not even God can rectify a horrible woman's bad character.

As an aside, beauty (or the lack thereof) is also not that important, as long as she is not so ugly that children in our neighbourhood would be describing me as 'that man wey im wife resemble lizard'. So there you have it, you cant have it all; just choose your priorities and forgo the rest.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 29, 2012
kemmyangel: If she cant cook, nd you love her....please do the cooking for her oooo.....anytime you are in the kitchen, just invite her playfully, with time she will get use to it, nd if she is not...get a house made to do that for you.....afterall, God created man to be an help mate to woman...lol..........
guy, u're shockingly amazing, how can u say God created man 2 b an help mate 2 woman instead of a woman being an help mate 2 man? pls read ur Bible very well.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Goldieluks: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2012
If she has all these atributes, but can't cook, do well to teach her then. I don't see why that should be a big problem.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by akokhia: 8:53am On Sep 29, 2012
what u said abt her is nt in line wit her. What is love, care and religious? The ans is hardwork. Love is nt by mouth but by action. How can u care wen u are lazy. How can u be religious wen u can nt clean up. For d cooking every body cant b gud bt d zeal to learn shd b there. No perfect wife bt d basic of a woman shd b met . For me she is nt a woman of marital class. what u said abt her is nt in line wit her. What is love, care and religious? The ans is hardwork. Love is nt by mouth but by action. How can u care wen u are lazy. How can u be religious wen u can nt clean up. For d cooking every body cant b gud bt d zeal to learn shd b there. No perfect wife bt d basic of a woman shd b met . For me she is nt a woman of marital class. what u said abt her is nt in line wit her. What is love, care and religious? The ans is hardwork. Love is nt by mouth but by action. How can u care wen u are lazy. How can u be religious wen u can nt clean up. For d cooking every body cant b gud bt d zeal to learn shd b there. No perfect wife bt d basic of a woman shd b met . For me she is nt a woman of marital class.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dabossman(m): 8:53am On Sep 29, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

I don't do deadbeats and if I can work..so can my husband. wink

Ah, now what makes me a deadbeat? The fact that I don't know how to do all those things that society says is a man's duty to do in the home? That's old fashioned lady. This is the second decade in the new millenium. You go make the money, provide for the home, you can work, who says your husband has to.

Oh, by the way, if I can cook, then so should my wife. smiley
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Penssuwa(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2012
My dear, make her understand how imperative cooking is in every household. If she really loves you, she will show extreme concern and try to beat this minus in her but don`t make it a condition for your love. as you know, nobody is perfect. Just be very open and direct to her smiley
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Ninapha(f): 8:56am On Sep 29, 2012
I disagree wit ur description of this ladie's qualities.
Caring: when one is caring, she wants to do those things that wd ease ur stress. Cooking, helping u keep things in right places, helping u feel relaxed when in great challenge. Now how can a lady who cant do domestic chores not even cookn be caring, ok she pays ur bill?

Intelligence: u mean academically or how? Becos i know if she is socially and logically intelligent, she wd know that a woman runs d home. Yes u can get a maid but is she not suppose to train d maid to meet her family values. Shdn't she be worried that she may end up being worthless if a maid is governing her kitchen. An intelligent woman commands d respect of her house hold domestically.

Beauty: ok gud but what if anything happens to her face?

U said she loves u abi, i am thing its so cos u are d only one who is ready to tolerate her laxity. If she truly loves u, believ me she wd even be the one workng hard to learn. I think u are d one that loves her much and she is leaning on it. Marriage is not same as courtship. Know what u want and dont loose what u cant tie.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dabossman(m): 8:59am On Sep 29, 2012
Rocktation:

Lol. Not to worry, you're good to go. We're independent, not just for the name of it. You excluded an important bit of info from your CV though. Can You Cook? cheesy

Babe, I can cook o! I can boil water and make noodles, and I can..., ehm, I think that's about it. Please let's get married. You can go out and be independent and make all the money we need. I'll just stay home and watch movies, play ludo with the boys in the neighbourhood and ensure that a plate of noodles is waiting on the table for you every night. Will you say "I do?"
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by yertyr(m): 8:59am On Sep 29, 2012
Jst a question...is being a gud cook and a hardworkin lady not d features of a carin, beautiful, intelligent woman?
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2012
first, d question is why do u think u love her? I hpe u're nt 1 of dose guys who go afta facial beauty? U've gt 2 find out d special quality abot her dat made u say ''I love her'' otherwise u'll leave any right tinking person 2 conclude dat u're just chasing shadow since beauty is only skin deep. True beauty lies in d heart man! If she is caring and loving as u acknowledged, den ma candid advice wud b 4 u 2 go ahead and make d move! Wit time I believe, she will get used 2 d culinary stuff. Thanks!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrLee(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2012
kemmyangel: If she cant cook, nd you love her....please do the cooking for her oooo.....anytime you are in the kitchen, just invite her playfully, with time she will get use to it, nd if she is not...get a house made to do that for you.....afterall, God created man to be an help mate to woman...lol..........
worng!!! God did'nt create man 2 be a help mate 2 woman but vice visa.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrLee(m): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2012
But she can bake Garri?
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Wislet(f): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmm #no comment#.
Ok, let me talk.
All des women supporting a lady being lazy about domestic work or not knowing how to (or want to learn) how to cook, can you marry a man that sleeps at home everyday- no job, no help around the house??
Can you marry a man that thinks his 'love' for you should be enough for you to say YES to his proposal. He musn't have a house or money to take care of you??
What exactly is the role of a woman in the home who can't cook for her family, or keep the house tidy?
Can we honestly call her a woman/wife?
Let us not be hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 29, 2012
favouryemmy:
I tell u, getting househelp is not d best, especially if ur wife neva does it. If ur house help always does the cooking and serves u evrytime, with time u might begin to develop feelings for her. U know d way to a mans heart is thru his belly. Im talking from experience, I had to seriously caution myself and God helped me thats y I did not fall. My consolation is that she'll soon leave us and return to her parents.

Really? If you had a male cook, would you be tempted to shag him too? If your house help was a toothless hunchback that cooked you the finest meals, would you still be tempted?

#It's not her cooking that's tempting you. Dig deeper.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by oradee: 9:53am On Sep 29, 2012
vivian chinaza: Being an independent woman doesn't automatically make you a man! And it really pains me when women blame their inability to be a real woman on "independence!" A woman should be a woman anytime any day! Being independent is just an added advantage!

@ op, I'm gonna be as blunt as possible...... The worst thing that can ever happen to a man is to marry a woman who can't cook or keep a house together! A woman is supposed to be a home maker! Forget this love matter.......na u go tire by the time it starts frustrating you! This is not yankee or Jand! This is Africa for goodness sake! Here in Naija, men come home from their hectic jobs to a delicious home made meal prepared by their lovely wives, not order for chinese food joor! Don't even think of house helps cos its gonna get worse, and the lineage passes over to ur kids (girls) cos a snake begets a snake! If she can learn fine, in fact if she truly loves you and she know what marriage is all about she shouldn't wait for you to say something before she starts making an effort! But if she doesn't want to make an effort pls drop her like she is hot!

In fact, she is even missing a lot! Oh yes! She is missing that innermost joy that every woman feels when the man she love eats her food and almost chop the plate join cos he enjoys her meal!

Nicely said, but do u know if the woman is a foreigner?
are u/we saying it is ok for a foreign woman to not know how to do the above but its an abomination if a Nigerian woman cant? (that sounds like double standards)
We eat to live not live to eat...lets not put barriers to our existence ok (whether foreign or local)
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Chinom(m): 9:55am On Sep 29, 2012
vivian chinaza: Being an independent woman doesn't automatically make you a man! And it really pains me when women blame their inability to be a real woman on "independence!" A woman should be a woman anytime any day! Being independent is just an added advantage!

@ op, I'm gonna be as blunt as possible...... The worst thing that can ever happen to a man is to marry a woman who can't cook or keep a house together! A woman is supposed to be a home maker! Forget this love matter.......na u go tire by the time it starts frustrating you! This is not yankee or Jand! This is Africa for goodness sake! Here in Naija, men come home from their hectic jobs to a delicious home made meal prepared by their lovely wives, not order for chinese food joor! Don't even think of house helps cos its gonna get worse, and the lineage passes over to ur kids (girls) cos a snake begets a snake! If she can learn fine, in fact if she truly loves you and she know what marriage is all about she shouldn't wait for you to say something before she starts making an effort! But if she doesn't want to make an effort pls drop her like she is hot!
In fact, she is even missing a lot! Oh yes! She is missing that innermost joy that every woman feels when the man she love eats her food and almost chop the plate join cos he enjoys her meal!

You've said it all. Nigerian women should read this comment over and over again. A Nigerian wife who cannot cook had better be very good at other aspects(you know what i mean) otherwise she will be looking in from the outside in no time.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by crislyn(f): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2012
Rocktation: Naija men...just when they say they want independent modernists as wives, they ask for house helps in the same breath. grin
its nt like that ok, I mean if it were u would u marry someone who can't takia of ur house and dont 4gt dat househelps culd b dangerous too. Abeg bro follow ur hrt if u can teach her then fine.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by oradee: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2012

Mr Lee:
worng!!! God did'nt create man 2 be a help mate 2 woman but vice visa.

so,lets get this straight, if the guys profession is beign a top chef in a hotel or restaurant, he shldnt cook at home cos its a wife's duty? (even as we know hes more skillful there?)
We still think inside a box sha... undecided
So if the husband is a medical dr,when he comes home to a sick child he shldnt treat his child abi? the wife shld do the helter skelter run cos shes the woman?

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima(f): 10:11am On Sep 29, 2012
dabossman:

Ah, now what makes me a deadbeat? The fact that I don't know how to do all those things that society says is a man's duty to do in the home? That's old fashioned lady. This is the second decade in the new millenium. You go make the money, provide for the home, you can work, who says your husband has to.

Oh, by the way, if I can cook, then so should my wife. smiley

You are deadbeat if you dont think you should work to support YOURSELF. Yeah you know how to cook otherwise you will be a hungry mofo.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by oradee: 10:16am On Sep 29, 2012
over the years,we have all been told times again (brainwashed)the expected duties of men and women in the homes and society...while the dividing line for women is slowly fading,that of men still remain.
we are quick to expect our african women to become independent financially (cos u dont want liability) but u forget that a real man is one who caters for his woman's needs.
nowadays,i see men pick up jobs they wld not be caught dead doing eg. hairdressing,tailoring,chefs,nursing why?

i have an uncle in the US, when he was in naija, his wife was practically the pillar,doing all and sundary both in the home and at work,giving the man enuf time to chase girls. when they all relocated to america,due to the nature of her job,the shifts and the long hours,the husbands began to do what he wldnt necessarily do if he was in Naija..he cooks for his kids when shes not around (and remains the one she wld eat when she gets back), he co-ordinates his home etc...and my aunt's respect and love for her hussy increased like cray...my point is,when ur married,its about u both,harness the good qualities u have and where there are lapses,support each other cos marriage is a team work. all the players have to pitch in their own to score that deserving win...

we do know meal time is a very special moment in a family but if shes not the best in the kitchen, ur gonna have to made adjustments or just call the whole r/ship off (if cooking is a major priority to u).

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by omigin: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2012
How are you even so sure that she has those other qualities you mentioned, How are you so sure she is not faking them ? You said, she is caring and loving'. Is it possible for a lazy persone to be caring, because caring goes beyond, asking your partner how was your day, are you tired, ungry? etc. I think because cooking and other domestic activities are pure practical, that is why she is probably finding it difficult to hide. The relationship is less than a year old, wait and be patience, more weakness will still be discoverd.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by pweetytonie(f): 11:22am On Sep 29, 2012
How can a woman be intelligent without knowing the basic things of womanhood?...what do u mean by she is intelligent and caring?...hw do u define a woman who is caring and intelligent but can't keep a home tidy or make fOod for her husband.The husband will probably starve to death and yet he married a caring and intelligent woman.My dear wake up oooo and talking abt househelps where will u see them in this era of free education.They are very difficult to find these days.U can go ahead and marry her but prepare to be the woman who will be doing the house chores while she will make all the money afterall she is intelligent
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Wislet(f): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2012
oradee:

so,lets get this straight, if the guys profession is beign a top chef in a hotel or restaurant, he shldnt cook at home cos its a wife's duty? (even as we know hes more skillful there?)
We still think inside a box sha... undecided
So if the husband is a medical dr,when he comes home to a sick child he shldnt treat his child abi? the wife shld do the helter skelter run cos shes the woman?
that is outside the point here.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by FOREXMART(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2012
FLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by RoselynDavid: 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
wot is d need of her beauty, caring nd loving since she can't do d house work.. She cant even kuk. A lady who want 2 how 2 kuk must @ d age of 7 or 8. Coz charity begins at home. Hope u are ready 2 b easting fast food everyday
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Sashd: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2012
Rocktation: Naija men...just when they say they want independent modernists as wives, they ask for house helps in the same breath. grin
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Sashd: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
yea couldnt agree more
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dabossman(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You are deadbeat if you dont think you should work to support YOURSELF. Yeah you know how to cook otherwise you will be a hungry mofo.

Here is an answer from you from a female like you on this forum called Wislet:

Ok, let me talk.
All des women supporting a lady being lazy about domestic work or not knowing how to (or want to learn) how to cook, can you marry a man that sleeps at home everyday- no job, no help around the house??
Can you marry a man that thinks his 'love' for you should be enough for you to say YES to his proposal. He musn't have a house or money to take care of you??

And now my comments: Mrs. Chima stop speaking from both sides of the mouth. You're sayin someone is deadbeat because he "doesn't work to support himself", but its okay for a wife not to cook to feed HERSELF and her family right? By your philosophy then it is safe to conclude that a woman who can't cook for her hubby and kids is a DEADBEAT WIFE TOO! Now I wonder who wants to marry such a woman.

Maybe we should just advice the OP to cook for himself and his kids alone. His "I can't cook and clean" wife can take care of herself or be a "hungry mofo"
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Sashd: 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2012
berem: she should go back to her mother and learn how to cook! Which kind thing be dat? Abi na love you go chop? A grown up girl like that can't cook? Only spagetti and indomie! Na wetin you go dey chop for the rest of your life? Please send her home let her learn joor!
dere are so many ways 2 a man's heart and also includes his stomach,if she doesnt learn 2 ave the keys to the path of both his heart and stomach,den the maid will!!! with large effect
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Rocktation(f): 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2012
crislyn: its nt like that ok, I mean if it were u would u marry someone who can't takia of ur house and dont 4gt dat househelps culd b dangerous too. Abeg bro follow ur hrt if u can teach her then fine.

No gurlie, I would not like it. But that isn't exactly all the problem there is to this matter and a lot don't see it. The case isn't about the action, solely of itself. It's about the intent behind it. S-U-P-P-O-R-T. If I cannot find a wrong in supporting with finances, how then can anyone find one in cooking? Looking that there's no standing divide between what a man and woman should do as regards 'keeping a house/relationship together', don't you think it rather ignorant, to say the least, that a man should not cook?

A lot of us can come here to tell us anything because talk is cheap, but we know better. Cos when push really comes to shove in real life, all the archaism or modernism in the world will not save us from pounding that yam in that kitchen, or going to our respective jobs. grin

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima(f): 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2012
dabossman:

Here is an answer from you from a female like you on this forum called Wislet:

Ok, let me talk.

And now my comments: Mrs. Chima stop speaking from both sides of the mouth. You're sayin someone is deadbeat because he "doesn't work to support himself", but its okay for a wife not to cook to feed HERSELF and her family right? By your philosophy then it is safe to conclude that a woman who can't cook for her hubby and kids is a DEADBEAT WIFE TOO! Now I wonder who wants to marry such a woman.

Maybe we should just advice the OP to cook for himself and his kids alone. His "I can't cook and clean" wife can take care of herself or be a "hungry mofo"
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by mozonto(m): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
she can learn.take her to where she will learn.may be she read food and nutrition

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Fiancée And My Best Friend / Any Man That Collects Back His Gift From A Lady Is A Weak Man / 7 Clear Signs You’re In One Sided Relationship 2018 Valentine Special (ogashub)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.