Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950950 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sonyville(m): 8:21am On Oct 15, 2015
hello guys , have been searching for schools for msc in any field related to mechanical engineering. My CGPA have been a problem so far . I have 3.3 in my undergraduate, have 6.5 IELTS and a total of 300 GRE score (151 aptitude, 149 verbal).

do anyone know Of any school that can grant me admission with my cgpa of 3.3 ?

your suggestions are needed !!!!!

thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 15, 2015
sonyville:
hello guys , have been searching for schools for msc in any field related to mechanical engineering. My CGPA have been a problem so far . I have 3.3 in my undergraduate, have 6.5 IELTS and a total of 300 GRE score (151 aptitude, 149 verbal).

thanks

Trust me bro, your cgpa ain't a problem. I have seen on this thread a guy that had lower credit and got admiited and right now studying in finland. All you need to dobis to check the schools that has the program you intend doing and email them. I'm about processing my own admission with a cgpa of less than 3.0
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sonyville(m): 9:51am On Oct 15, 2015
Soyedele1:

Trust me bro, your cgpa ain't a problem. I have seen on this thread a guy that had lower credit and got admiited and right now studying in finland. All you need to dobis to check the schools that has the program you intend doing and email them. I'm about processing my own admission with a cgpa of less than 3.0

thanks ..... but I have been checking . Most of the schools are saying above average grade in undergraduate. I am still checking more anyway .

Also , the schools indicated limited number of applicants .....like I saw two universities that states that only 30 and 35 applicants needed ...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
sonyville:

thanks ..... but I have been checking . Most of the schools are saying above average grade in undergraduate. I am still checking more anyway .

Also , the schools indicated limited number of applicants .....like I saw two universities that states that only 30 and 35 applicants needed ...

We operate 5pts here in nigeria. So above average should be 2.50 and above.

If you like italy. POLIMI requires 3pts and above from nigeria. You are likely to be admitted and you can try polito too
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 16, 2015
@Sonyville, apply to Uni Helsinki, your GRE makes you an Hotcake. Please i need info from you about how i can pass GRE with ease. Then how many days does the result take before it comes out.
Soyedele1:

If you like italy. POLIMI requires 3pts and above from nigeria. You are likely to be admitted and you can try polito too
@Sonyville, apply to Uni Helsinki, your GRE makes you an Hotcake. Please i need info from you about how i can pass GRE with ease. Then how many days does the result take before it comes out.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 16, 2015
sonyville:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sonyville(m): 2:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
hakeembee:

thanks bro... I will check the Helsinki university. though I don't know if they have engineering courses especially in mechanical areas. .... concerning GRE , its just good preparation and full concentration. U already know the content ; mathematics and English . so u just have to read read and read ..... its not difficult . u can even score more than mine cuz I made lots of mistakes . As soon as ur time elapses , u will see ur total score displayed on the screen. they later upload it on your GRE portal .

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sonyville(m): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2015
Soyedele1:

Thanks bro, are u saying my CGPA is OK for Finland requirement?
I will check the POLIMI , but am sure they have tuition fee in Italy . just hope its not much .
thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
sonyville:

I will check the POLIMI , but am sure they have tuition fee in Italy . just hope its not much .
thanks

The tuition fee should be the least of your worries but its ooooo9 cheap

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
sonyville:

thanks
please how much is GRA registration fee?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
Chibuking81:
Please friends what shall I do now?, I scored 5.5 in IELTS result, is there any University in Finland or Europe that can accept 5.5 IELTS band score for master application?

Depends on the course you are looking at
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
Guys, good evening. Am sorry for not contributing to the trend again,ve been busy for a while now.
Ur GPA do not mean anything, and it mean something again. But if u apply to many universities u stand a greater chance. @least 6 or 7 universities. Just spread ur application and if u re lucky enough,u will get pick.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
Soyedele1:

Depends on the course you are looking at
I have double honor awarded degree in the field of Library and Information Science / Political Science, so therefore, I want to do my Master in the field of Library and Information Science or Information technology, also political science. Any one out of the three is ok by me.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by DanIndia(m): 6:33am On Oct 17, 2015
The tuition fee in Italy isn't free. It's about 3300 euros every year. If you are selected for a scholarship then you may consider it free. The good thing in Italy is that, there are scholarships rolled out based on your Merits and Family Income. Just do some google search
sonyville:

thanks

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 17, 2015
DanIndia:
The tuition fee in Italy isn't free. It's about 3300 euros every year. If you are selected for a scholarship then you may consider it free. The good thing in Italy is that, there are scholarships rolled out based on your Merits and Family Income. Just do some google search

The Boss has spoken cheesy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Itzmusiccafe(m): 8:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
Is there anyone coming to Finland from Nigerian? Please I need someone to help me pick up some foodstuff from home and also my University Certificate.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
ooluseyipa:
Guys, good evening. Am sorry for not contributing to the trend again,ve been busy for a while now.
Ur GPA do not mean anything, and it mean something again. But if u apply to many universities u stand a greater chance. @least 6 or 7 universities. Just spread ur application and if u re lucky enough,u will get pick.

Boss haffa!!

Long time... How ur end na....?

Na Joensuu abi Kuopio u dey?

Hope say dat last week sub zero weather na do u strong thing? grin

Enjoy man!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:53pm On Oct 17, 2015
Chibuking81:
Please friends what shall I do now?, I scored 5.5 in IELTS result, is there any University in Finland or Europe that can accept 5.5 IELTS band score for master application?

Bros how u do am na 5.5 is super low for a Nigerian graduate, no pun intended. The minimum IELTS score required is 6.5 for Finnish university international masters degree.

You might want to practice and read some materials then try IELTS again.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
olabode89:

Boss haffa!!

Long time... How ur end na....?

Na Joensuu abi Kuopio u dey?

Hope say dat last week sub zero weather na do u strong thing? grin

Enjoy man!

Brova e no easy ooo. Na Joenssu I dey. Na 3 clothes I dey wear go class,i come dey get 8am lectures. The thing tire me. How your side?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Brova e no easy ooo. Na Joenssu I dey. Na 3 clothes I dey wear go class,i come dey get 8am lectures. The thing tire me. How your side?

Hehehe...

Pele o, me I gentle o... The weather don better small for here... Hoodie na my regular outfit plus if d weather wan do like winsh I go just wear jacket on top, I dey always make sure glove dey my bag though.

I get some courses wey we dey do weekly exams...no b shere shere matter o grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
I dey like how i dey hear good news about you guys, hope to join you someday........ @olabode89, oluseyipa and others. Ema ko ere oko dele ni oruko Jesu. *Feeling happy*
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
[quote author=olabode89 post=39112685]

Hehehe...

Pele o, me I gentle o... The weather don better small for here... Hoodie na my regular outfit plus if d weather wan do like winsh I go just wear jacket on top, I dey always make sure glove dey my bag though.

I get some courses wey we dey do weekly exams...no b shere shere matter o grin[/quote

But e no easy we just dey manage am. Dm ur number to me, make I Holla u bro.Kiitos]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hello house, please for those of us that v submitted application to UAF before, is there any thing like candidate/registration number for easy identification that your previous school needs to add to d transcript before posting? cox i would like to process d transcript in November as December which is d month for Finland uni registration period would be too tight for me to travel to get it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
Growingboi:
Hello house, please for those of us that v submitted application to UAF before, is there any thing like candidate/registration number for easy identification that your previous school needs to add to d transcript before posting? cox i would like to process d transcript in November as December which is d month for Finland uni registration period would be too tight for me to travel to get it.

Thanks in advance.

Yes the number will be on your application form that you will print. Its beside the bar code, upper part of the front page.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 7:40am On Oct 20, 2015
Bro, there is still time. Go and retake the IELTS but prepare very well ds time.

Chibuking81:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
Thank you for this response bt will this number b sent to my school alongside the postal address, or it's d postal address only?

hakeembee:

Yes the number will be on your application form that you will print. Its beside the bar code, upper part of the front page.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.