Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (952574 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:36pm On May 23, 2016
scopebaba:
Boss 10k Euros alone for Tuition? That's heavy,..I will take my time and do some research on Germany and Norway, hopefully they won't have Entrance exam drama,..2m for block account won't be a problem,..

Thanks a lot for the information, are you in Finland ?

Dubai is presently hot lol,..but Oluwa is fully involved.

Baba, naso we see am o. And the 10k na the least sehf, e fit reach 26k. Just research dem Germany and Norway. Check www.daad.de for Germany and
www.studyinnorway.no for Norway. Dem admission dey easier and more straightforward than even Finland. Oh! Germany dey require at least, a year of university education o but you fit email as many schools as possible to inquire if just your olevels and/or SAT fit suffice. Na there you go fit get first hand info. I dey 9ja now o brother but still dey hope say I go fall on Suomi this autumn
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:41pm On May 23, 2016
olujastro:

Are you guys here required to transfer your blocked deposit to Finland as well?
How are you guys finding it with forex issue at CBN, anyone here who's successfully transferred their required funds so far?
I'm heading to Norway and mine has been pending in the bank for a while now. No success yet.

Nope bro, we use local banks and official rate too. Finland doesn't require you to transfer to any block account. Where are you headed in Norway?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:46pm On May 23, 2016
crest2j:
hello NL, I want to further ma academic in finland, I was hoping if dere is any NL in finland dat can help me with some schools der program is not costly tnx
Boss! The least you'll be getting will be €10,000 and it can be as high as €25,000. You'll also be required to have minimum of €6,720 for your residence permit afterwards.
To get concrete firsthand information, I'm afraid, only you can help yourself to a reasonable extent. Nonetheless, you may browse through this website if you're still interested in Finland, www.studyinfo.fi

Best of luck
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olujastro: 8:57am On May 24, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Nope bro, we use local banks and official rate too. Finland doesn't require you to transfer to any block account. Where are you headed in Norway?
I'm using my local bank here (gtb) to transfer the 103,950 NOK, but it's taking too long due to forex scarcity and my deadline to transfer it is June 1.
I'm heading to the University of Stavanger.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by weirdarkhitekt(m): 9:14am On May 24, 2016
Please I need a clarification about the €6720 required for visa.

1. I know it can be shown from a Nigerian bank account but will I calculate 6720€ using official rate or black market rate? That would mean a difference of up to a million naira!

2. If it's at black market rate, fine! But if it is at official rate, how will a student access the money in the account from Finland at official rate? What's the exchange rate of the major banks accepted by migri on Finnish atms? Ogas in Finland

Please indicate if this has been thrashed before on this thread or anywhere else using page numbers or approximate date.

I am applying for a masters program run by Helsinki metropolia university and HTW Berlin. Application is to htw Berlin but first two semesters are in Helsinki.

I will appreciate any help from you guys
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:41am On May 24, 2016
olujastro:

I'm using my local bank here (gtb) to transfer the 103,950 NOK, but it's taking too long due to forex scarcity and my deadline to transfer it is June 1.
I'm heading to the University of Stavanger.

Nice! Have you gone to your bank?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 9:50am On May 24, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:

Please I need a clarification about the €6720 required for visa.

1. I know it can be shown from a Nigerian bank account but will I calculate 6720€ using official rate or black market rate? That would mean a difference of up to a million naira!

2. If it's at black market rate, fine! But if it is at official rate, how will a student access the money in the account from Finland at official rate? What's the exchange rate of the major banks accepted by migri on Finnish atms? Ogas in Finland

Please indicate if this has been thrashed before on this thread or anywhere else using page numbers or approximate date.

I am applying for a masters program run by Helsinki metropolia university and HTW Berlin. Application is to htw Berlin but first two semesters are in Helsinki.

I will appreciate any help from you guys

Official rate, bro. And yeah, it's been dealt with repeatedly. You could take cash alongside and your Mastercard should be okay too but I'm afraid, you might be charged at the parallel market rate.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olujastro: 9:59am On May 24, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Nice! Have you gone to your bank?
Yes, even to their HQ. They said hopefully it should be done this week.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:44am On May 24, 2016
olujastro:

Yes, even to their HQ. They said hopefully it should be done this week.
Then, the only option you've got is to keep your fingers crossed. Don't worry, things will pan out. Success!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 1:34am On May 25, 2016
Make these people just shower me RP as today na my birthday abi wetin una think? grin .I'm undaunted anywise.
Happy birthday to ME cool angry sad cry

7 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by eMidas: 5:56am On May 25, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Make these people just shower me RP as today na my birthday abi wetin una think? grin .I'm undaunted anywise.

Happy birthday, sista/bruva!
Continue in good works.

Ehmm...Me sef go like chat you off Nairaland. Thanks. How e go be?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:07am On May 25, 2016
eMidas:

Happy birthday, sista/bruva!
Continue in good works.

Ehmm...Me sef go like chat you off Nairaland. Thanks. How e go be?

Na brother o, boss. And no be transgender things. Na original tinza grin. You can hit me up anytime, bro. Just pm me. Thanks for the birthday wish!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 7:19am On May 25, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Happy birthday brother wishing you LLNP

How the birthday party go be na

Your RP has been granted already Just have faith cheesy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 7:46am On May 25, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Happy Birthday Bro!!!

Guys, the new CBN policy on dollar, does it affect the Euro too

?? What is the implication for us??

Secondly, I am still trying to raise the 1.5m, can I go ahead and book my appointment at the embassy?? Won't they look at the day of deposits??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by eMidas: 7:57am On May 25, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Na brother o, boss. And no be transgender things. Na original tinza grin. You can hit me up anytime, bro. Just pm me. Thanks for the birthday wish!

lol. I couldn't predict your gender.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by menaoga1(m): 7:57am On May 25, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Happy birthday bros , He that started this good work in you will definitely complete it , your RP is on the way. be merry ☺
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 9:49am On May 25, 2016
we dont know the implication yet so fingers crossed

you should book an appointment already. you'll probably get a date in July

SnazzyBaba:

Happy Birthday Bro!!!

Secondly, I am still trying to raise the 1.5m, can I go ahead and book my appointment at the embassy?? Won't they look at the day of deposits??

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
happy birthday boss, Finland go surprise you with positive decision today
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:08am On May 25, 2016
Finn081:

Finn081, quite an age, we no even see your green light in Estonia trend again. How Esti parole now?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dachizi: 11:23am On May 25, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
. happy birthday my Helsinki bound Sweet heart. I wish u long life and more money. just do the party carryover,we go celebrate am when we get there. just the 2 of us.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by katolistic(m): 11:37am On May 25, 2016
RP Card just Landed!! grin grin,
Ticket also purchased.

PTA in progress should be pure before weeks runs out. It has been God all the way, most grateful for the Speed in all my processes.

My prayer for all is this; may you all experience God's Speed in decisions and all would go according to plan.

Next Agenda is shopping list; No1 on my list is Agbo Jedijedi for the bosses @olabode @sirkezman @GeneXY @iceberg54 et al grin grin grin

@SCHOOLDROPOUT God bless you new age. The next birthday would be in Soumi no two ways about that, cause your RP is SURE. I wont pop now waiting for you. wink

5 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:43am On May 25, 2016
Finn081:

Amen, dear. Make we see as e go be. Na light flexing for now, then, when RP drop, heavy flexing grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Finn081(f): 11:44am On May 25, 2016
hakeembee:
Finn081, quite an age, we no even see your green light in Estonia trend again. How Esti parole now?

Chai! my brother abeg no vex for me o. I dey come dat side to read you guyz comments, you are doing a great job there with tobzzy

I no apply to Aesti o, but I believe your admission letter is on the way cheesy

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Happy Birthday Bro!!!

It should affect but we have to wait to be sure.
Concerning the deposit, you should book the appointment now cos you'll most likely be getting July which is enough for you to get your documents together and send them two weeks prior to your interview.
Also, try to increase to 1.55 cos of the fluctuation.

Thanks for the wish.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 11:57am On May 25, 2016
eMidas:

lol. I couldn't predict your gender.
Lol. I just realized I had not made it known on my profile. Done now ,anyways.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 12:14pm On May 25, 2016
menaoga1:

Happy birthday bros , He that started this good work in you will definitely complete it , your RP is on the way. be merry ☺
Amen. I am merry. Abio, Make admissions no waste.
Thanks blood
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2016
jeffoe:
happy birthday boss, Finland go surprise you with positive decision today

Amen, big Boss. Today? Hmmm. E never over sha.

Merci!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 12:17pm On May 25, 2016
dachizi:
. happy birthday my Helsinki bound Sweet heart. I wish u long life and more money. just do the party carryover,we go celebrate am when we get there. just the 2 of us.

My authentic Joensuu boo, gracias. We go def celebrate every every for Suomi! How's your RP process though?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2016
katolistic:
Ticket also purchased.

PTA in progress should be pure before weeks runs out. It has been God all the way, most grateful for the Speed in all my processes.

My prayer for all is this; may you all experience God's Speed in decisions and all would go according to plan.

Next Agenda is shopping list; No1 on my list is Agbo Jedijedi for the bosses @olabode @sirkezman @GeneXY @iceberg54 et al grin grin grin

@SCHOOLDROPOUT God bless you new age. The next birthday would be in Soumi no two ways about that, cause your RP is SURE. I wont pop now waiting for you. wink

Million congrats everyday. You've been so wonderful on and off this thread. The blessings wey you carry start, you go carry am over make sense for Suomi and beyond. God bless you bro. Yeah, we go pop.
Thanks a gazillion.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 1:51pm On May 25, 2016
Happy birthday bro,
best wishes on ur day,have a blast.

SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 1:54pm On May 25, 2016
congrats bro and amen to the prayer.

katolistic:
Ticket also purchased.

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:18pm On May 25, 2016
temmy2008:
Happy birthday bro, best wishes on ur day,have a blast.

Bless you bro. Thanks baba

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.