Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,180 members, 7,829,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (955922 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hello everyone, I am worried. I secured a shared apartment in KATAJAKATU and the fee monthly is 250 euros . Unfortunately I could not meet up with the payment of rent deposit due to strict Nigerian forex policy and also arranging for my resident permit. I received a mail from LOAS that my application have been cancelled due to the fact that my depoist was not paid. I was adviced to reapply so that my application can be on queue with a note that it will not be a guarantee to getting another room. Who else experienced this and what is the best way out? If a student was unable to secure a room in LOAS, are they other alternatives that are cheap in Lappeeranta?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
i think you should ask students from Lappeeranta on thier facebook page.
i also think they will have an housing application page that shows apartments and their prices..and location.
for the forex policy..i don't know about that...
other going to Lappeeranta in the house can help. i hope i have not added to the problem.. grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
epsilonwaves:
i think you should ask students from Lappeeranta on thier facebook page.
i also think they will have an housing application page that shows apartments and their prices..and location.
for the forex policy..i don't know about that...
other going to Lappeeranta in the house can help. i hope i have not added to the problem.. grin
No bro. I did that and some naija peeps were in the same thing. The major issue is that i dont have my RP yet so I cant pay the 200 euro deposit now. So the peeps wey dey in my shoe assurred that we find an alternative maybe not in the student houses but other private housing scheme

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 8:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
jeffoe:
no response yet
any response from migri to your friend that visited the embassy on 20th june?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 7:02am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello people I have been following this thread for quite a while nw and I also applied for the masters program in Finland, I was later offered an admission into the university of Lapland to study media education. I already had my interview on the 30th of June and I was asked to upload some documents before the 11th of July which I already did too but I want to clarify some issues :
First I used my dad and his childhood friend as sponsors and I already provided a letter from both of them stating why they are sponsoring and all. My dad introduced the other sponsor too in his letter
Secondly they are both pensioners so the money for the account was derived from their pension my dad receives over 300k monthly and the other sponsor receives over 900 pounds monthly. I also stated that my dad is into aquaculture business which also supports him too, I attached a letter as to why they can't get payslips cos they are both pensioners and I also attached a letter clarifying why my dad's business is not yet registered bt he is already working on it bt can't met up with the process. Also the other sponsor is a retired optician who has registered his business bt is yet to finalize his bank account details all these I clarified in the letter. I also submitted copies of landed properties, shares documents and employment letter for both of them including the bank details.
Thirdly is that, as at the time of depositing the money into my account they both deposited it with raw cash into my account and I provided the pay slipsbof both of them and it was evident on my statement of account bt not on theirs, also as at the time my dad was depositing his account was low bt in the letter it was stated that he receives over 300k monthly so just few days after submitting his bank was credited I hope it does not count.?
Lastly I submitted some personal documents too online like my NYSC certificate, ielts certificate, birth certificate, Online Journalism which deals with the course I was given (UNESCO CERTIFIED) certificate among others too. Please I just want to be sure I am on the right track.
Tho I already contacted someone in uniform eastern Finland and told me there should not be any problem with all what I submitted but I still want extra clarifications from the house please. And also I added a pension scheme instead of the payslip and also in the sponsorship letter from my father he stated that am his last son, also the land is an acre with two buildings on it and a fish farm.Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
has anyone heard from migri of late?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
NELLYWEEZY:
Hello people I have been following this thread for quite a while nw and I also applied for the masters program in Finland, I was later offered an admission into the university of Lapland to study media education. I already had my interview on the 30th of June and I was asked to upload some documents before the 11th of July which I already did too but I want to clarify some issues :
First I used my dad and his childhood friend as sponsors and I already provided a letter from both of them stating why they are sponsoring and all. My dad introduced the other sponsor too in his letter
Secondly they are both pensioners so the money for the account was derived from their pension my dad receives over 300k monthly and the other sponsor receives over 900 pounds monthly. I also stated that my dad is into aquaculture business which also supports him too, I attached a letter as to why they can't get payslips cos they are both pensioners and I also attached a letter clarifying why my dad's business is not yet registered bt he is already working on it bt can't met up with the process. Also the other sponsor is a retired optician who has registered his business bt is yet to finalize his bank account details all these I clarified in the letter. I also submitted copies of landed properties, shares documents and employment letter for both of them including the bank details.
Thirdly is that, as at the time of depositing the money into my account they both deposited it with raw cash into my account and I provided the pay slipsbof both of them and it was evident on my statement of account bt not on theirs, also as at the time my dad was depositing his account was low bt in the letter it was stated that he receives over 300k monthly so just few days after submitting his bank was credited I hope it does not count.?
Lastly I submitted some personal documents too online like my NYSC certificate, ielts certificate, birth certificate, Online Journalism which deals with the course I was given (UNESCO CERTIFIED) certificate among others too. Please I just want to be sure I am on the right track.
Tho I already contacted someone in uniform eastern Finland and told me there should not be any problem with all what I submitted but I still want extra clarifications from the house please. And also I added a pension scheme instead of the payslip and also in the sponsorship letter from my father he stated that am his last son, also the land is an acre with two buildings on it and a fish farm.Thanks

I don't think at this point, there's much you can do but wait since you have already added and uploaded all the documents you can. If you had asked before uploading or submitting, am guessing you would have got suggestions. Am not saying it's too late, but I recall that stating that your sponsor's business isn't registered might be a red flag. But lets wait and see. Best of luck
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by NELLYWEEZY: 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Aii thanks I hope all goes well because we already explained why it was not registered and told dem we are seeking professional advice towards doing just that. God will help us all. Amen

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
FaithVoke:
Why do people always want to be spoon fed? Use the Internet. You can Google search anything you want. If you then need clarification that's different but make an effort.
Babes what's up? Any progress with your application? Where in Finland are you headed? Looking for someone headed towards Tampere to relate with grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by FaithVoke: 11:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hi Annie. No movement yet. I think migri staff are in hibernation (even though it's summer). I'm going to Kuopio.
anniekoko:

Babes what's up? Any progress with your application? Where in Finland are you headed? Looking for someone headed towards Tampere to relate with grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
Yes hibernation ooo hmmm mine 27th June still pending....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 12:25am On Jul 13, 2016
FaithVoke:
Hi Annie. No movement yet. I think migri staff are in hibernation (even though it's summer). I'm going to Kuopio.
"you be babe", with the report they released, there is a 35% increase in the number of applications in the first half as compared to last year, I believe there staff are overwhelmed, as the application is received they apportion to different peep and some folks are slow " then fit spread mat on top one application, like naija policemen they actively search for any fault" next year they probably would not have any application to threat.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 5:48am On Jul 13, 2016
jeffoe:
"you be babe", with the report they released, there is a 35% increase in the number of applications in the first half as compared to last year, I believe there staff are overwhelmed, as the application is received they apportion to different peep and some folks are slow " then fit spread mat on top one application, like naija policemen they actively search for any fault" next year they probably would not have any application to threat.

Lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 8:06am On Jul 13, 2016
ceiling:
Yes hibernation ooo hmmm mine 27th June still pending....
20th june sef still dey pending
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2016
Had my interview yesterday. Na decision remain now. A very big Thanks to all who have been supportive from the beginning on this forum.
Dahonestboss, emiflexy, anniekoko, faithvoke, Yunus, schooldropout, olabode, et.al...

Success for us all ooo

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cjeriia: 9:44am On Jul 13, 2016
cjeriia:
As per matured student tinz, I remember ma friend in HAMK told me a guy approaching 50yrs frm Nigeria was admitted 4 undergrad studies. So no harm in trying. Concerning the Ban tin, I don't hav d faintest idea. Since u have IELTS already & an acct above NGN1.5Million (it should b closer 2 NGN2million now cos of naira devaluation) in your account, why not give it a go. You've got limited time so act fast. Application closes on 27/01/15 while ur docs must b dia by 10/02/15
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by nadigo(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2016
Good morning good people @vokefaith can you help out my wife would like to go for MPH at the Uef can you help with guidance she is a med doctor presently finished from LUTH can I the husband sponsor her
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by FaithVoke: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2016
I finished from LUTH as well. As you may have read up, tuition fees will be charged from next year so you may need to contact the school to find out how much will be charged. I would suggest you contact Ms. Annika Manniko. She's the program coordinator. She was very helpful to me before I applied so she'll be willing to help. If you need further clarifications you can email me via Nairaland. I'll get back to you.
nadigo:
Good morning good people @vokefaith can you help out my wife would like to go for MPH at the Uef can you help with guidance she is a med doctor presently finished from LUTH can I the husband sponsor her
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by nadigo(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2016
FaithVoke:
I finished from LUTH as well. As you may have read up, tuition fees will be charged from next year so you may need to contact the school to find out how much will be charged. I would suggest you contact Ms. Annika Manniko. She's the program coordinator. She was very helpful to me before I applied so she'll be willing to help. If you need further clarifications you can email me via Nairaland. I'll get back to you.

Thank you so much ma you will get an email from me shortly
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 11:07am On Jul 13, 2016
PHRANTAD:
Had my interview yesterday. Na decision remain now. A very big Thanks to all who have been supportive from the beginning on this forum.
Dahonestboss, emiflexy, anniekoko, faithvoke, Yunus, schooldropout, olabode, et.al...

Success for us all ooo

You and every other person here will get their residence permit soon in Jesus name.

Pls bosses in the house what exchange rate for the 6720 euros is advisable to use as at now?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 11:17am On Jul 13, 2016
PHRANTAD:

Success for us all ooo
congrats and hopefully u will get it. Pls how interview dey i.e procedures,dox required,questions asked etc. I will soon be going for interview. Do i need to reprint my bank statement?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by weirdarkhitekt(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2016
I have two questions,please.

1. Is it confirmed that a little less than 1.6m is sufficient for RP for this term, autumn 2016?

2. What is the cost(ball park figure) of the insurance which is to be presented and is it a yearly purchase or it just needs to be done once?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:
I have two questions,please.

1. It is confirmed that a little less than 1.6m is sufficient for RP for this term, autumn 2016, right?

2. What is the cost(ball park figure) of the insurance which is to be presented and is it a yearly purchase or it just needs to be done once?

Pls where was it confirmed that 1.6m is sufficient for RP for this term?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
PHRANTAD:

Success for us all ooo

Amen, brother! Thank you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by weirdarkhitekt(m): 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
antosco:

Pls where was it confirmed that 1.6m is sufficient for RP for this term?

Mistake. I wanted to ask actually. Modified
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SansmaOlamide(f): 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hi everyone,
Pls any female in d house heading to University of Turku...
Or any1 knows any female heading dere...
Nid a roommate ASAP!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by nadigo(m): 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
FaithVoke:
s

sent you mail ma now to your email Ms Manniko is out of office till Aug 1st
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by nadigo(m): 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
FaithVoke:
s

sent you mail now ,Ms Manniko is out of office till Aug 1st. thank you ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.