Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,318 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (952114 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anniekoko: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2016
ridwanadedapo:
I think what caused the confusion was the OLE_OPI form. Earlier, I made a statement in it that the form is strictly for the paper application. If u followed the online process, all you should submit is only the printed online application and you don't need to fill any OLE_OPI form . If you go through the two, u will see that the content are the same. And you doing online application and submitting and OLE_OPI form will only complicate and contradict eachother and they will have to process your application manually which can take more time.
God will make it easy for us. All d' best.
I totally agree. I filled that form too instead of just printing out the filled electronic form. Guess we have all learnt from this. Let's just hope for the best.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:29am On Jul 16, 2016
ridwanadedapo:
I think what caused the confusion was the OLE_OPI form. Earlier, I made a statement in it that the form is strictly for the paper application. If u followed the online process, all you should submit is only the printed online application and you don't need to fill any OLE_OPI form . If you go through the two, u will see that the content are the same. And you doing online application and submitting and OLE_OPI form will only complicate and contradict eachother and they will have to process your application manually which can take more time.
God will make it easy for us. All d' best.

I beg to differ.
The OLE_OPI is required by the embassy regardless of the route you're treading. This is evident in the attachment sent by them. Many of us have used the OLE_OPI in the past without issues. Don't let us deter people from working on all contingencies. Better to be safe than sorry.

My opinion: including the OLE_OPI never hurts but not doing so, could.
Those people head wey sabi touch anyhow.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

I beg to differ.
The OLE_OPI is required by the embassy regardless of the route you're treading. This is evident in the attachment sent by them. Many of us have used the OLE_OPI in the past without issues. Don't let us deter people from working on all contingencies. Better to be safe than sorry.

check the date on the attachment sent to you via email it is January 2014 when online application wasn't common grin we are in 2016. "The fear of those secretary is the beginning of ............. waiting one be one use my eye see mhennnnn no be small thing o".

my opinion : carry it along to the embassy but do not include it with the document you would send two weeks b4 your interview. cool
make u no be like this guy

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
jeffoe:
check the date on the attachment sent to you via email it is January 2014 when online application wasn't common grin we are in 2016. "The fear of those secretary is the beginning of ............. waiting one be one use my eye see mhennnnn no be small thing o".

my opinion : carry it along to the embassy but do not include it with the document you would send two weeks b4 your interview. cool

I'm aware of the outdated attachments but they are still being utilised because of their validity.

Lol. Just do the normal shii, bro. QUE SERA, SERA.

katolistic, schooldropout, and many other past veterans did the norm and encountered no problem. Even anniekoko that had the issue still got every sorted out eventually without major impediment and RP dey smile to her now grin

PLEASE, ADD THE OLE_OPI EVEN AS PART OF THE DOCUMENTS WEY YOU GO SEND TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR INTERVIEW, to avoid stories that touch.
You don't wanna have ish with those secretaries wey sabi frustrate person career. grin

Eno fit stop your RP.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

I'm aware of the outdated attachments but they are still being utilised because of their validity.

Lol. Just do the normal shii, bro. QUE SERA, SERA.

katolistic, schooldropout, and many other past veterans did the norm and encountered no problem. Even anniekoko that had the issue still got every sorted out eventually without major impediment and RP dey smile to her now grin

PLEASE, ADD THE OLE_OPI EVEN AS PART OF THE DOCUMENTS WEY YOU GO SEND TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR INTERVIEW, to avoid stories that touch.
You don't wanna have ish with those secretaries wey sabi frustrate person career. grin

Eno fit stop your RP.
i actually sent the ole_opi form two weeks before with other documents but didnt include the online summary. anyways patience is key. waiting to know wassup by next week. i appreciate all contributions. will keep all informed about any developments. success to all of us still awaiting RP, amen
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

I beg to differ.

Abeg my people, help me o! Heavy rain in Abuja beat my passport yesterday o, not that much but little, the thing come affect the colour of my picture, e come be like say the picture turned black and white. Anything to worry about?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fab11: 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm an exchange student going to helsinki finland for a session, I want to know if these same embassy scrutiny applies to me as well and also what's the required €6720 in our naira acct. Is it N2,087,702.40 @N310.67/euros or the N1,600,000.00 I've been seeing? I'm a bit confused. Then if I'm using a sponsors acct who earns quarterly interest from a fixed deposit account of N5-6m will it be sufficient enough or should i get an additional sponsor. Pls someone should advise me, thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
jkels:
i actually sent the ole_opi form two weeks before with other documents but didnt include the online summary. anyways patience is key. waiting to know wassup by next week. i appreciate all contributions. will keep all informed about any developments. success to all of us still awaiting RP, amen
Bros, na u do yourself o, u should have included the online summary.
What ridwan said is absolutely true.
The online summary should be substituted for the old ole-opi form.
In fact someone who went for interview recently was asked if he submitted application online when the receptionist saw the online summary.
She then asked him one copy each of all other documents he went with except for the manual ole-opi form. She even returned to him the original ole-opi he sent along with his original documents 2weeks prior to his interview.
Their rules have changed, but guess theyve not fully implemented the changes, they treat each applicant's case according to the type of documents presented to them.
Submit online summary, your application gets routed electronically, faster response.
Submit manual ole-opi, your application gets routed manually, slower response.
By the way, from interview to request for supplement to decision for the guy took 9days.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
jkels:
All the best though, to you and all still processing.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
jeffoe:

grin grin grin hilarious.... Hahahaha.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tobzzy(m): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
Bonanza Bonanza Last opportunity to study in Finland for free.
Centria UAS Additional Application 2016
You can apply during the additional application round for free places in the study programmes starting autumn 2016. The additional application round will be open from July 18th till July 29th 2016. The application round will close at 15:00 (Finnish time). The application should be done online, through the website www. studyinfo.fi/

You have the possibility of applying to the following programmes offered at Centria University of Applied Sciences

Part-time studies

Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business
Master of Business Administration, International Business Management..

no dull am oo nah Estonia me dey go ooo... wink cheesy

http://web.centria.fi/applicants/additional-application-2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hello House.

I just got this mail from the embassy of finland, Abuja now:

Dear sir,

We are now going through your application for the Finnish residence permit for studies. We noticed that you do not have a bank account in any of the banks that we recommend. Please open a bank account in on of the banks listed in the attached document.

Best regards,

Immigration and consular services
Embassy of Finland
Abuja, Nigeria

I used Union Bank and my interview is on Monday the 18th July. What do I do?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
hakeembee:
Abeg my people, help me o! Heavy rain in Abuja beat my passport yesterday o, not that much but little, the thing come affect the colour of my picture, e come be like say the picture turned black and white. Anything to worry about?

Mhen! That's dicey. I really can't say emphatically but if na just black and white thingy and much obvious damage has not been done to the passport itself, you no suppose get much ish.
I stand to be corrected tho
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by worry359(m): 8:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Mhen! That's dicey. I really can't say emphatically but if na just black and white thingy and much obvious damage has not been done to the passport itself, you no suppose get much ish.
I stand to be corrected tho

Sorry but I think big issue.
Most passports have very strict rules on the picture quality.
Best look to replace it than find a problem at immigration somewhere.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
annyjessy:

Bros, na u do yourself o, u should have included the online summary.
What ridwan said is absolutely true.
The online summary should be substituted for the old ole-opi form.
In fact someone who went for interview recently was asked if he submitted application online when the receptionist saw the online summary.
She then asked him one copy each of all other documents he went with except for the manual ole-opi form. She even returned to him the original ole-opi he sent along with his original documents 2weeks prior to his interview.
Their rules have changed, but guess theyve not fully implemented the changes, they treat each applicant's case according to the type of documents presented to them.
Submit online summary, your application gets routed electronically, faster response.
Submit manual ole-opi, your application gets routed manually, slower response.
By the way, from interview to request for supplement to decision for the guy took 9days.

Well, that musta been a dramatic change.
Contrary to what you wrote up there, katolistic and I submitted both the OLE_OPI and the online summary but the online summary was returned and the OLE_OPI accepted. He got his decision(approval) in less than 48hours. No supplementary request!

I still opine that you submit all. There's no harm in doing that. Besides, you can only be slightly delayed.
Above all, submitting OLE_OPI can never result in anyone's rejection.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
worry359:

Sorry but I think big issue.
Most passports have very strict rules on the picture quality.
Best look to replace it than find a problem at immigration somewhere.

Choi! But passport replacement na long thing o especially when e never dey obsolete.

Black and white is permissible tho.

Best is to replace, actually but there isn't really much time because of the impending need
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
frankie2K:
Hello House.

Dear sir,

We are now going through your application for the Finnish residence permit for studies. We noticed that you do not have a bank account in any of the banks that we recommend. Please open a bank account in on of the banks listed in the attached document.

Best regards,

Embassy of Finland
Abuja, Nigeria

You obviously can't pull that stunt before your interview if it's so early. But if you have ample time to make the transfer and print the account with the new bank, you may do that before your interview.

Worst case na say, go for your interview first, they'll reiterate the suggestion to you to open a new account. Thereafter, you may proceed with the account opening, transfer and other shii, then you supplement on your online application portal. Provide the statement of account of both accounts and make sure the union bank account reflects the transaction.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
fab11:
Hi everyone, I'm an exchange student going to helsinki finland for a session, I want to know if these same embassy scrutiny applies to me as well and also what's the required €6720 in our naira acct. Is it N2,087,702.40 @N310.67/euros or the N1,600,000.00 I've been seeing? I'm a bit confused. Then if I'm using a sponsors acct who earns quarterly interest from a fixed deposit account of N5-6m will it be sufficient enough or should i get an additional sponsor. Pls someone should advise me, thanks

Bro, it applies to all and sundry except you're an EU citizen.
5-6 is okay. Just make all your claims and supporting documents plausible.

PS: I'd suggest you work with the status quo in respect of the exchange rate
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Damalex4luv(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
house pls I will like to apply for the Masters programme. is the tuition fee still free and can I still apply. pls guys help me with the link and how I will go about it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

You obviously can't pull that stunt before your interview if it's so early. But if you have ample time to make the transfer and print the account with the new bank, you may do that before your interview.

Worst case na say, go for your interview first, they'll reiterate the suggestion to you to open a new account. Thereafter, you may proceed with the account opening, transfer and other shii, then you supplement on your online application portal. Provide the statement of account of both accounts and make sure the union bank account reflects the transaction.
frankie2k. so those peeps they work on weekends no be small mata, i think gtbank can open an instant account for you on monday morning. if you print the bank statement it wouldn't reflect the transfer you made on Monday. it would probably reflect on Tuesday. print statement from the two banks so as to reflect the transfer. tell them at the embassy you would come the next day or wednesday with the new bank statement. i do not think they follow that interview time strictly. it is on a first come first serve basis. those receptionist fit put small fear for your body, just keep calm do not argue because those people get power o, they would definitely still assist you. best of luck
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 10:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
Damalex4luv:
house pls I will like to apply for the Masters programme. is the tuition fee still free and can I still apply. pls guys help me with the link and how I will go about it.
tuition is no longer free for next session international master intake. if you read management you could apply for another Bachelor program which is suppose to be an additional intake, just to get in http://web.centria.fi/applicants/additional-application-2016or you could try Germany or Norway that still operate the tuition free regime
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 1:25am On Jul 17, 2016
jeffoe:
frankie2k. so those peeps they work on weekends no be small mata, i think gtbank can open an instant account for you on monday morning. if you print the bank statement it wouldn't reflect the transfer you made on Monday. it would probably reflect on Tuesday. print statement from the two banks so as to reflect the transfer. tell them at the embassy you would come the next day or wednesday with the new bank statement. i do not think they follow that interview time strictly. it is on a first come first serve basis. those receptionist fit put small fear for your body, just keep calm do not argue because those people get power o, they would definitely still assist you. best of luck

Why e no go reflect tho? Well, I'm sure of Access bank, na instanta
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 3:04am On Jul 17, 2016
frankie2K:
Hello House.

Dear sir,

Best regards,

Embassy of Finland
Abuja, Nigeria

Bros, no stress yourself go dey open account on Monday o. Since you got the email from migri on Saturday print out a copy of the email, take it to the embassy for your interview.

Do not discuss anything with those good for nothing and saucy receptionists and officers (those naija women). During your interview in the cubicle, tell whoever is conducting the interview that you got the email on Saturday and that you will open an account with any of the banks (I will recommend Access Bank or GTB) after your interview preferably on Tuesday morning. You can then go to Union Bank do an online Inter bank transfer or use self-online transfer to move your funds into your new account with a recommended bank.

After you have moved the funds, get the new bank statements and also that of your Union bank account showing the transfer to your new account. Upload both of them as additional documents to your application.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Victornn: 3:05am On Jul 17, 2016
Please I have some few questions;
1. Is it compulsory dat my sponsor makes the transfer into my account?
- Someone else is giving me d funds. But for the sake of documentation and proof of funds ish, I have to use my Uncle as sponsor.
Will this be a problem?

2. Hw much exactly in Naira will I need to have in my bank account?

3. Hw much exactly in Naira does my Sponsor need to have in his account?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 3:26am On Jul 17, 2016
Victornn:
Please I have some few questions;
1. Is it compulsory dat my sponsor makes the transfer into my account?
- Someone else is giving me d funds. But for the sake of documentation and proof of funds ish, I have to use my Uncle as sponsor.
Will this be a problem?

2. Hw much exactly in Naira will I need to have in my bank account?

3. Hw much exactly in Naira does my Sponsor need to have in his account?

If you read the thread properly you will find answers to all of this questions. I will give a brief explanation to your questions.

1. DOA... Why use a sponsor that cannot provide the necessary funds and documentation to prove that he/she is an eligible to provide the necessary funds required for your educational sojourn?

To the best of my knowledge, your sponsor will have to transfer the required funds into your account from his/her account. The someone else that is giving you the fund can be your sponsor.... just say he or she is your maternal uncle or aunt respectively.

If someone else should transfer material balances into your sponsor's account a supplementary request would most likely be made by Migri requiring you to clarify the source of those transactions.

2. Nobody knows that exact amount in Nigeria but peeps have gotten their RP with balances between 1.5M and 2M naira.

3. Nobody knows exactly how much should be in your sponsor's account after sending the 6,720 euros to your account. I will recommend at least 1M....to avoid super story from Migri

Oga.... take out time to read the thread from the beginning....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Bandeco(m): 7:29am On Jul 17, 2016
Damalex4luv:
Tuition will apply beginning from autumn 2017..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Victornn: 9:23am On Jul 17, 2016
olabode89:

If you read the thread properly you will find answers to all of this questions. I will give a brief explanation to your questions.

1. DOA... Why use a sponsor that cannot provide the necessary funds and documentation to prove that he/she is an eligible to provide the necessary funds required for your educational sojourn?

To the best of my knowledge, your sponsor will have to transfer the required funds into your account from his/her account. The someone else that is giving you the fund can be your sponsor.... just say he or she is your maternal uncle or aunt respectively.

If someone else should transfer material balances into your sponsor's account a supplementary request would most likely be made by Migri requiring you to clarify the source of those transactions.

2. Nobody knows that exact amount in Nigeria but peeps have gotten their RP with balances between 1.5M and 2M naira.

3. Nobody knows exactly how much should be in your sponsor's account after sending the 6,720 euros to your account. I will recommend at least 1M....to avoid super story from Migri

Oga.... take out time to read the thread from the beginning....

olabode89 Thanks for the response.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cosky: 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
Good evening house. For those yet to visit the embassy for their RP interview, good luck to you all. For those awaiting result from the embassy, brace up for good news before the end of this month. In the likes of dahonestboss, olabode, annie, schooldropout, temmy and others i don't know of, thank you soo much for making it possible for me, the ghost visitors grin, and others to apply for the RP successfully by providing all possible information. God bless you all smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
hakeembee:
bros of all thing's nah ya passport chai.. like my immigration friend told me when he did mine I should protect with my life I had to buy cover for it.. lets just hope .. but if it not up to 6 months to expire u will spend and lobby to get a new one yhen. and only in abuja u can do it.. all the best
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
smithsydny:
bros of all thing's nah ya passport chai.. like my immigration friend told me when he did mine I should protect with my life I had to buy cover for it.. lets just hope .. but if it not up to 6 months to expire u will spend and lobby to get a new one yhen. and only in abuja u can do it.. all the best
Devil is a lier my brother. All is well, i am currently in Abuja i will go to passport office tomorrow. But from most info i got through experience and all, its not a major issue. Infact
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
smithsydny:
Devil is a lier my brother, i have enquired and most response is that its not a major issue. But i am currently in Abuja, i will go to passport office tommorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.