Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. (5038 Views)

A Must Read Fø̲̣̣я̅ Every Single Ladies / Pls ℓ̊ Need A Matured Answer Thanks. / Should ℓ̊ Forgive Her Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
uj_sizzle: Any marriage that doesn't last is that way simply coz there's no solid ground work. A house with bad foundation collapses. If i prepare myself for good things then i'll attract them to myself. If i don't then i take what i see....this is why ntn works out fine for some pple. U dnt have set goals, u just go wherever the wind blows u. Then one day u wake up n realise ur llife has just past by without ur achieving anything..then u make wrong choices in an attempt to get it back on track. If u fail to plan, u plan to fail.

if it was that easy ... but it isn't. it definitely isn't.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by UjSizzle(f): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
I know it isn't but then no one can blame you for not trying ur best and doin ur all. It's still a starter,good things dnt come for everyone on a platter of gold...only d extremely fortunate.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Midastorch(m): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
One thing is being marreid and another thing iss being happily married,A guy comes today and he wantss to marry you 2maoBabe use your head tho some ladies have been very lucky u may not be.the guy has noticed the desperation in you.all you need to do for your boifriend iss pray and if he's too possessed not marry take your stand and leave,dating 2 men has never been in the xterics of a virtuous woman it is "BITCHY".let bitches continue with their multiple rlships.they'll be rewarded one day.

3 Likes

Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
uj_sizzle: I know it isn't but then no one can blame you for not trying ur best and doin ur all. It's still a starter,good things dnt come for everyone on a platter of gold...only d extremely fortunate.

you're very optimistic and you have got a good attitude. keep it up. especially when times are hard. I wish you all the best. May you find the best husband ever. and eork out a perfectly happy marriage. you have a lot of positive energy. don't let anybody or anything take it away from you.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by dBard: 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
uj_sizzle: point of correction dBard...a man doesn't own a girl unless he's married to her. You men like deluding urself with the idea that just coz she's dating u then she's ur property.

comprehension girl. read d post again
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by laberry101(m): 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2012
uj_sizzle: Laberry sometyms u dey talk like say no be naija u dey.

How many guys are ready to marry a girl that's up to 30yrs?
Putting her life in order is not a bad thing abeg n doesn't make her desperate. It's with d same tenacity u seek admission,jobs,girlfriends that u seek a life partner..so why is it suddenly called desperation n termed bad all of a sudden?

We need to broaden our horizon in this country n start thinking outside this self-imposed box we've caged ourselves in.

Ok since na 9ja we dey so let her go and meet that new guy na, and stop asking us questions, since it's marry before 30 be law for here na Abi? She should leave the present dude, that isn't game with her pressure for marriage and go to the met in the wedding guy, if that would make her happy, time will tell.

Great luck Antie....
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by laberry101(m): 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
kitty kat:
Since she has seen a ready man or men, why force her to remain with the poor guy and kip mountin more pressure on him.

Daim., woman did she sAy the guy was poor? Or are you concluding that on your own ?

If yes! How can he now do those things that she actually acknowledge in her poster!
Women ! How do you guys see this thing called marriage?

Na say time no dey female side, find one man hook or na say you love am and you are too damn sure you would be happy spending the rest of your God given life with him?

Don't know about you though but I think we are all entitled to our very own opinions ... So .... Whatever it is , stay positive And be happy!
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by UjSizzle(f): 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
carefreewannabe:

you're very optimistic and you have got a good attitude. keep it up. especially when times are hard. I wish you all the best. May you find the best husband ever. and eork out a perfectly happy marriage. you have a lot of positive energy. don't let anybody or anything take it away from you.

Thank you smiley
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by UjSizzle(f): 10:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
dBard:

comprehension girl. read d post again
Fine my mistake. But that aside even people need to be pushed sometimes to get them to take the necessary steps.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by UjSizzle(f): 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
If u read all posts carefully Laberry you'll see no one has asked her to jump into marriage. All we've said is she shld bid her time, explore her other options, dnt be blinded by emotions. Your heart shldnt do the thinking..that's meant for ur head.

That said i'm goin to bed. Good nyt
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by laberry101(m): 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
So you know there's more to marriage than love! Marriage is sacred , it takes more than love, to keep a good home and when a guy is really seriously putting things in place to ensure he doesn't mess things up after he takes a wife, the woman wants to pressure his behind into it, and when he doesn't take give in to her pressure she considers other men?

Daim funny, you are all aware of all these and yet you wanted to paint a different picture in Defence for leaving a man because he's bursting his heRt and soul to ensure he gives her and the family they would make a better and comfortable life....

Wow... ***smiles****

uj_sizzle: I'm surprised u homed in on the 30yrs thingy and yet have deliberately chose to ignore every other question posed to u guys. That's very hyporitical n funny in my opinion.

OP the best thing u can do for urself is to get rid of every roadblock abi obstacle stopping u frm reaching ur goal ie get rid of ur current if he insists u've got to stay wit him n not see other men period.

Laberry no one has asked her to jump into marriage,we've only said she shld explore her options n decide which is most suitable. There is a lot mor to marriage than love.so love is a mute point and if ur ex is still coming back to u after marriage theen she must have bubbles for brains.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by seunpayne(m): 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
Oya madam park well!!!

Yes you are attractive and yes your man now has competition. Nothing new.
From your post it would seem you are more concerned with getting married than who you get married too...no matter.

If you've stuck with your man this long and you feel this way now then it might be time to look at the big picture.

You have two options
1. Stick with your man and show him why he needs to put a ring on it

2. Say you are tired of waiting for "next month" and find someone who wants you "now".

Remember to send me the I.V for the wedding O...good luck (I'll keep the jonathan)
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by UjSizzle(f): 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
And u're basing all what u've just said on the assumption that he's got good intentions for her, that he plans on marrying her. So what if he doesn't?? All we've said is just to put on the safer side so she-s got minimal loss. All u've succeeded in doing is put her on a side u aint even sure of the outcome. You can't judge a man's intentions or thoughts by what u'd feel if u were in this situation woth ur babe. If he had put her mind at ease and explained all these i doubt she'll be needing advise from us.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by kittykat1(f): 11:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
laberry101:

Daim., woman did she sAy the guy was poor? Or are you concluding that on your own ?

If yes! How can he now do those things that she actually acknowledge in her poster!
Women ! How do you guys see this thing called marriage?

Na say time no dey female side, find one man hook or na say you love am and you are too damn sure you would be happy spending the rest of your God given life with him?

Don't know about you though but I think we are all entitled to our very own opinions ... So .... Whatever it is , stay positive And be happy!
I will still refer to waec aGain. Since when did calling someone "poor guy" only refer to his financial status. I guess I am proven rite now that u all are biased. U only see what u blv and therefore even if the truth were spoken u will twist it to suit ur bias. In ur mind u blv I want d babe to cheat, rush into marriage and do all sorts. Meanwhile I am advising her to live her dreams, which is marryin when she wants to. Pls stop being a kill-joy.
By d way, "poor guy" meant I am sympatizing with d bf. Nansense
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by switdick(m): 1:16am On Oct 06, 2012
uj_sizzle: And u're basing all what u've just said on the assumption that he's got good intentions for her, that he plans on marrying her. So what if he doesn't?? All we've said is just to put on the safer side so she-s got minimal loss. All u've succeeded in doing is put her on a side u aint even sure of the outcome. You can't judge a man's intentions or thoughts by what u'd feel if u were in this situation woth ur babe. If he had put her mind at ease and explained all these i doubt she'll be needing advise from us.

And your advice on giving the new guy a chance is not an assumption of whether he'll marry her?.....safe side? How'd you know which is safer?....is double dating now a criterion for marital warranty?.....face it,your advice is what makes girls like the poster single and probably become what she's avoiding(spinster),like you control life itself and make "a plan" for this holy union "marriage"....will you marry a man? Isn't it in a man's place to propose? Even the western culture and norms acknowledges it,people will be drifting away from the truth without realizing it,if you say its not desperation,its only because desperation has be'clouded,overwhelmed and consumed you in that marriage department!.lol.....face it!

And to the girl saying you should tell your BF that you'r considering other guys(or a guy)....as its just dating(even without s.ex),like are you real?? Are you serious?? You say its 9ja and 9ja guys use and dump girls after so many years of courtship bla bla bla,forgetting many 9ja guys won't look your way with the knowledge of dating or trying other guys!....lool...you must be a joke....cus ma kid sis and I are seriously laughin@y'all....WTF....abeg talk anada thing jare.

OP,if after your entire dating paroles of sooo many guys,no proposal?..check your biological clock o,its ticking,and it says the reason for your not getting a "husband" asap its cus you dated jack,tom,jerry,jayz,brad pit and even switd.ick..lol

YOU R ON YOUR what?........YOUR OWN!

1 Like

Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by IZUKWU(m): 7:56am On Oct 06, 2012
kitty kat:

We told her compare and contrast. Moreover she didn't say she was jumpin in. Free her joor.

By the way who said that marriage of 2weeks courtship is less successful than that of 5yrs courtship. I keep saying my mama and papa met only twice and in public places before legalzing there uniOn. Yet dy didn't divorce or cheat on themselves. There is really no hard and fast rule in dis things. Its about d ppl involved.
your mama and papa were in different generation to now.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by UjSizzle(f): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2012
It's apparent y'all chose to ignore the part where twas said she discussed with her current boyfriend first. If he won't marry her then he should free her. The truth is difficult to swallow, men love to be idolized but the moment u realise u aint the centre of a woman's universe it becomes a different ball game. If there are reasons why he can't settle down now,the mature thing wld be to discuss it with her instead of posting her. By posting her he's ony succeeding in making her insecure and unsure about his true intentions no matter how honorable they may be.
You can't begin to understand what it feels like n i dnt expect u to coz u are men..u think like men and u keep thinking that hanging out with other men on a platonic level is akin to cheating. Remember u dnt own her neither do u run her life just coz she's in a relationship wit you.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by kittykat1(f): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2012
Majority of ladies that I know that married at age 18 to 23 were never in committed relationships and they were not havin sex. Infact most of them had at least 2 men, wooing them reGularly before they chose. Its usually the ones that stick one person that marry later. I am not sayinG that marryin late is wron but I am just makin somethings clear. The scenario, is not d u r my bf or my gf scenario. Its a case where the men visit you, better if its public place or ur family is there. You visit him too(if u like Go and open ur kpekus - I didn't send u). The man doing this is usually not less than 28yrs of age cos they are d ones matured enough not to think of only kpekus and bf/Gf. This is not the I love u so we have to hv sex relationship. Tthis is d relationship for ppl who want to get married. And of course he knows that he is not d only one askin her hand in marriage.

Bush 9ja ppl, dating is not sex and its not commitment. Pls meet every real and sincere relationship adiviser they will tell u same. Even in our generation IZUKWU, some ppl still marry without much dating and are successful. Even the less d shaggin the closer to the altar you will Get.

Ladies don't let men decieve you. Why is that most times a lady will be in a longterm relationship of abt 5yrs,get jilted only to be married after 2 or 3 months?

I still say it again, even though I am loosin my voice from shoutin, dating is not shagginG and it doesn't mean shit. Unless the man and woman inquestion are both immature kids. @ poster. And kids sis laffin, I presume u are both younG ppl still in d unibversity. U r d last ppl to Give advice.

1 Like

Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by UjSizzle(f): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2012
Would it be nice to also say my older brother is laffing at all these guys here. In his words 'if u won't be ready to marry a girl when the time comes, then u shld be ready to let go of her n let her meet men who have better things to offer her...don't confuse having a relationship wiith her for being married to her'.
I just pray for ur sake that ur lil sis never faces this kinda situation.

2 Likes

Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by CasieJ: 9:34am On Oct 22, 2012
uj_sizzle: Would it be nice to also say my older brother is laffing at all these guys here. In his words 'if u won't be ready to marry a girl when the time comes, then u shld be ready to let go of her n let her meet men who have better things to offer her...don't confuse having a relationship wiith her for being married to her'.
I just pray for ur sake that ur lil sis never faces this kinda situation.
[color=#000099][/color]

†нªηкs dear ℓ̊ like U̶̲̥̅̊я post, God bless you.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by nutigal: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2012
Simply put, d devil U̶̲̥̅̊ knw z better than τ̲̅ђe angel you do not know. Albeit, put it in prayer And pray ƒσя God's leading And all would βe well.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by switdick(m): 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
[quote author=uj_sizzle]It's apparent y'all chose to ignore the part where twas said she discussed with her current boyfriend first. If he won't marry her then he should free her. The truth is difficult to swallow, men love to be idolized but the moment u realise u aint the centre of a woman's universe it becomes a different ball game. If there are reasons why he can't settle down now,the mature thing wld be to discuss it with her instead of posting her. By posting her he's ony succeeding in making her insecure and unsure about his true intentions no matter how honorable they may be.
You can't begin to understand what it feels like n i dnt expect u to coz u are men..u think like men and u keep thinking that hanging out with other men on a platonic level is akin to cheating. Remember u dnt own her neither do u run her life just coz she's in a relationship wit you.

ummm....I chose to ignore this thread after I made my point on my disagreement with double dating as an advantage for or to facilitate marriage.....yet you brought another issue,which is,

Asking a guy that proposes a r/shp with you if he's gonna marry you before you accept to date him?....lol,JESUS CHRIST!!! So you deem it okay to give ultimatum?? And you don't see it as being desperate? Is it in your place to do that?....okay lemme help you and assume you just wanna know your place and chances with him before you accept whatever he proposes"......don't you think men don't like being conditioned? Well,I'm the kinda man that don't like that,its in men's(well many,not all)place to study the woman they wanna take home2momma" not cus she(suppose girl) conditioned me to.....bad men will say whatever to get between your legs and dump your desperate arse when done with ya!!!....I WISH YOU WELL WITH YOUR WAY THOUGH"!
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by lopes30(f): 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
kitty kat: Who said its wrong to date 2 guys at d same time. Pls give both of them audience. Compare and contrast and then choose. A woman shd be courted by many men out of which she chooses the one ready to setttle down.
you took the words out of my mouth. Thank you jare
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Youngpo413: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2014
kittykat1:

She is confused because d man no 1 is takin her for a ride. If he were serious, she won't be confused. And again re-read all posts. No one here is propsing that she shares d sanctity of her body. We advisin her as any good mother and friend would. Give other ppl a chance, since onboard bobo isn't sure yet.

since she is very desperate,dont you think it will be nice to break-up with the first bobo?
I think this will help her to be single and searching
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Youngpo413: 6:56am On Aug 30, 2014
kittykat1:
Some women are disciplined sir. Not everyone has a scratch in btw her legs when she is attracted to a man. I blv Op is not among those that get itchy easily. A woman must allow herslef to be wooed by many men, if she decides to become public spe-rm bank in d process.n that's her biz.

Now I believe that women are their worst enemies,they hate themselves...
Tufia.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Youngpo413: 6:59am On Aug 30, 2014
laberry101:

I remember telling you on one of our threads involving matters of the heart, that love doesn't exist anywhere around the boarders of the country's surrounding Nigeria, leg alone Nigeria herself!

How can somebody say all that stuff about her long relationship , her man doing things good or bad and still is confused between that same her man and some dude she just met and barely knows from a wedding she attended!

Would u now agree that ( some) Nigerian females are so desperate and eff'd up on this Love issue?

I most DIVINELY Hate this... With so much passion, NO offense young lady, you did well to seek this advice but the only thing I can tell you is do not be desperate for any reason, that new dude is good and obviously has a way with words and that's why you are confused, BUT...

Go to your God, he alone has the answer.

GBAM
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Youngpo413: 7:03am On Aug 30, 2014
Goldieluks: I agree with kitty kat. OP date the new guy and see if he's got the potentials you need in a husband. Don't be desperate about marriage though, try to take things one step at a time. And as for your current bf, if you keep waiting for him hoping that one day he will take you to the altar, you might be sitting on a long thing.

Dont you think it will be better to breakup with the current bf just to avoid her being on a long thing?
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Youngpo413: 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

you will stay in a cage when you give in to the idea that a woman must marry before the age of 30 because guys say so (according to you)

and she is not desperate because she wishes to marry but she is desperate because she tries to put pressure on the guy because she wants to marry before she reaches a certain age. and that is not a good thing.
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Youngpo413: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

you're right. you can start preparing but it's not like you can control it. sure, you can easily get a husband but it's hard to get a good one, the one that actually suits you, the one you want to grow old with, a good father ......................................

you people act as if one can control life but you don't even know tomorrow. so keep preparing but ask yourself why so many marriages are unhappy and / or end up in divorce. ONE of the reasons: women are to eager to marry quickly.

you get sense jare,infact you are unique....
Kudos!
Your husband must be a very happy man.

1 Like

Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
Youngpo413:

you get sense jare,infact you are unique....
Kudos!
Your husband must be a very happy man.

Thank you. smiley cheesy smiley
Re: What Should ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊☺, Pls ℓ̊ Need U̶̲̥̅̊я Advice. by Youngpo413: 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
UjSizzle: If u read all posts carefully Laberry you'll see no one has asked her to jump into marriage. All we've said is she shld bid her time, explore her other options, dnt be blinded by emotions. Your heart shldnt do the thinking..that's meant for ur head.

That said i'm goin to bed. Good nyt

the best thing is (was) to break up with the (then) current bf and follow the serious wedding guy asap,
I know ladies always wants to kill two birds with one stone,but at the end (if care is not taken) they loose both.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo:take A Keen Look At Me, Why Are Girls Disturbing My Life? / Why You Should Invest More On Your Siblings Than Your Girlfriend/wife / Join The Midnight Sex Chat Group If You Dare (only Raw Boys And Girls Allowed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.