Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed (41690 Views)

If You Are Disappointed In Buhari Ministerial List, ...... / Danjuma Azemobo Musa Responds To Achebe's New Book / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2012
Iveanyi: ^ ^ ^
I did not set out to establish the real cause of the war. I tried to correct the impression that Ojukwu declared war on Nigeria. These are two different things entirely.

Now can you enlighten us on what you describe as the real cause of the war and provide any justification for killing other regional leaders and sparing theirs that most Igbo commentators have been doing since 1966

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by madridsta007(m): 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2012
Please have Awolowo's family released their statement? We have been waiting ooo undecided undecided
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Iveanyi: 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
dayokanu:

Now can you enlighten us on what you describe as the real cause of the war and provide any justification for killing other regional leaders and sparing theirs that most Igbo commentators have been doing since 1966

Apologies for not replying earlier. I was without internet access for a while. By your question, I take it you're insinuating that the real cause of the war was the Jan 1966 coup. That is very debatable and I personally doubt it. The simple reason being that if at all the events of Jan 14 & 15 1966 was a source of any grieviance, those grieviances were settled or appeased by the counter coup of July 1966 and could not have gone on to still be the cause of a civil war one year later. As in, that coup could not have been the reason Nigeria decided to annex Biafra.

Simplistic as it may seem, that's my opinion. If you want to trace the origins of the war further back to January '66, you might as well not stop there. Why not go further to the ineptitude that existed before then in the polity? At least that was what gave rise to the coup in the first place. Why not trace it back to the "Wetie" days? That was a milestone achievement in Nigerias political instability? Why not trace it back to the colonial masters? At least they gave us the unworkable arrangement we inherited and called a nation. Why even stop there? We might as well trace even further back to our forefathers that gave in to the "white mans ways" rather that build up a civilization of their own, thus paving the way for colonialism. By the time we keep going back we'll probably get to the serpent that tempted Eve as the "real cause" of the war.

When you speak of justification for killing other regional leaders, it's more difficult for me to reply. And the primary reason for this is the fact that every Nigerian (speaking broadly) interpretes political issues first of all from a tribal standpoint before a logical one if any. There are varying schools of thought on why that coup was plotted. At the end of the day, it boils down to what makes the most sense to you. I read a book some years ago titled "Why We Struck - The story of the first Nigerian coup" by Adewale Ademoyega. That book gave me the most insight into this topic. I say this because apart from the fact that the writer was one of the "Five Majors" who plotted that coup, he was also a Yoruba man. This aroused my curiosity giving that all the writers I had read on the issue prior to that had been Igbo, save for one foreigner. If you can get this book, it would make a fantastic read.

Granted, it is hard to explain the events of Jan' 66 as coincidence giving our tribal inclinations. For example the angle that Ironsi was marked for death, but that after leaving a party, he didn't go home straight and that detour saved his life. Or that the coup was delayed in the East because of the presence of the Cyprian Head of State (Or some other diplomat I can't remember) in Enugu. However, people often overlook the fact that Colonel Chris Unegbe and Festus Okotie-Eboh who was minister of Finance at the time were killed and were both Igbo. Also, that two principal actors who foiled the coup were Ironsi in the south who was the highest ranking military officer and rallied loyal soldiers to thwart the effectiveness of the coup (the coup actually failed in Lagos)and Odumegwu Ojukwu in the North who did not surrender the armoury in Kano to Nzeogwu, thereby putting to rest any hopes Nzeogwu may have had of marching down south to confront Ironsi. Both were Igbo.

One may choose to believe or not. But the truth is that many who have written on this issue, have continually stated that Jan '66 was not driven by tribalism. I am yet to read anyone who has challenged this position either in an official interview or in a published book. On the contrary, Jul '66 has never - to the best of my knowledge - been explained from any ideological standpoint. And it's motive to wipe out Igbos for no 'just cause' has never been denied. It is even alleged and I repeat "alleged" that the Northern soldiers who carried out Jul' 66 were aware that Nzeogwu and co. were not tribally motivated however, there was a need to placate their Kinsmen who saw it as such.

Today we're astonished at events at Allu were students were gruesomelly murdered. But such events as Jul' 66 were the beginning of institutinalized jungle justice in Nigeria. People praised then. Today, the same people wonder. Events surrounding the war should be taught in schools as History. People should bring out facts if they have. Others who disagree should contest and not insult. The purpose of history is to learn and move forward. Part of the reason why Civil war issues in this country generate so much bile is the secrecy it has been shrouded in. All over the world, war is a topic of History. But not in my country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ayobase(m): 11:59am On Oct 29, 2012
^u didnt answer the question!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ikeyman00(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
^^^ maybe u omitted it shocked

now whose fault is it?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Olaolufred(m): 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Just to contribute to the topic with this publication from Chief Ralph Uwueche as extracted by Onuoha Ukeh.

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ayobase(m): 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^ maybe u omitted it shocked

now whose fault is it?

Quote me that specific part I omitted.
When are we even gonna do away with this argument....it becoming boring and lashed enough!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
Iveanyi:

Apologies for not replying earlier. I was without internet access for a while. By your question, I take it you're insinuating that the real cause of the war was the Jan 1966 coup. That is very debatable and I personally doubt it. The simple reason being that if at all the events of Jan 14 & 15 1966 was a source of any grieviance, those grieviances were settled or appeased by the counter coup of July 1966 and could not have gone on to still be the cause of a civil war one year later. As in, that coup could not have been the reason Nigeria decided to annex Biafra.

Simplistic as it may seem, that's my opinion. If you want to trace the origins of the war further back to January '66, you might as well not stop there. Why not go further to the ineptitude that existed before then in the polity? At least that was what gave rise to the coup in the first place. Why not trace it back to the "Wetie" days? That was a milestone achievement in Nigerias political instability? Why not trace it back to the colonial masters? At least they gave us the unworkable arrangement we inherited and called a nation. Why even stop there? We might as well trace even further back to our forefathers that gave in to the "white mans ways" rather that build up a civilization of their own, thus paving the way for colonialism. By the time we keep going back we'll probably get to the serpent that tempted Eve as the "real cause" of the war.

When you speak of justification for killing other regional leaders, it's more difficult for me to reply. And the primary reason for this is the fact that every Nigerian (speaking broadly) interpretes political issues first of all from a tribal standpoint before a logical one if any. There are varying schools of thought on why that coup was plotted. At the end of the day, it boils down to what makes the most sense to you. I read a book some years ago titled "Why We Struck - The story of the first Nigerian coup" by Adewale Ademoyega. That book gave me the most insight into this topic. I say this because apart from the fact that the writer was one of the "Five Majors" who plotted that coup, he was also a Yoruba man. This aroused my curiosity giving that all the writers I had read on the issue prior to that had been Igbo, save for one foreigner. If you can get this book, it would make a fantastic read.

Granted, it is hard to explain the events of Jan' 66 as coincidence giving our tribal inclinations. For example the angle that Ironsi was marked for death, but that after leaving a party, he didn't go home straight and that detour saved his life. Or that the coup was delayed in the East because of the presence of the Cyprian Head of State (Or some other diplomat I can't remember) in Enugu. However, people often overlook the fact that Colonel Chris Unegbe and Festus Okotie-Eboh who was minister of Finance at the time were killed and were both Igbo. Also, that two principal actors who foiled the coup were Ironsi in the south who was the highest ranking military officer and rallied loyal soldiers to thwart the effectiveness of the coup (the coup actually failed in Lagos)and Odumegwu Ojukwu in the North who did not surrender the armoury in Kano to Nzeogwu, thereby putting to rest any hopes Nzeogwu may have had of marching down south to confront Ironsi. Both were Igbo.

One may choose to believe or not. But the truth is that many who have written on this issue, have continually stated that Jan '66 was not driven by tribalism. I am yet to read anyone who has challenged this position either in an official interview or in a published book. On the contrary, Jul '66 has never - to the best of my knowledge - been explained from any ideological standpoint. And it's motive to wipe out Igbos for no 'just cause' has never been denied. It is even alleged and I repeat "alleged" that the Northern soldiers who carried out Jul' 66 were aware that Nzeogwu and co. were not tribally motivated however, there was a need to placate their Kinsmen who saw it as such.

Today we're astonished at events at Allu were students were gruesomelly murdered. But such events as Jul' 66 were the beginning of institutinalized jungle justice in Nigeria. People praised then. Today, the same people wonder. Events surrounding the war should be taught in schools as History. People should bring out facts if they have. Others who disagree should contest and not insult. The purpose of history is to learn and move forward. Part of the reason why Civil war issues in this country generate so much bile is the secrecy it has been shrouded in. All over the world, war is a topic of History. But not in my country.

I see a lot of Ignorance in this response.

1. When did Festus Okotie -Eboh become a Iboman?

The pogroms in the North were the direct reason Ojuku gave for secedding with Biafra and what caused the pogroms in 1966? Was it not in retaliation to the killing of the Sardauna?

And like every Igbo man you have managed to convince yourself that of 4 Premiers in Nigeria. 2 were Ibos 2 non Ibos. They killed the 2 non Ibos but miraculously Osadebey and Okpara escaped?

Of the 2 executive leaders They killed the non Ibo Prime Minister but the Ibo President escaped the acting President Nwafor orizu who was Ibo escaped

Of the numerous Ibos in the cabinet like Jaja Wachukwu(In the world of coincidence submitted a resignation letter 12hrs to the coup LOL) and co escaped but non Ibos like Okotie-Eboh were killed

Like I told someone, the problem with Ibos is that they think they are smart and others are stupidd
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Konquest: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2012
Zeus I: Yes! Fashola ha been sending Igbos back with his false accusation that they were loitering about, which culminated to his mis-understanding with Peter Obi(Anambra state gov.). How about the inceasant change of site for Igbos while their structures are destroyed in the so called un-planned construction of edifices and shops( one can call a dog whatever to hang it). Now what else have you to say?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The comment above looks and sounds neurotic and unwise. smiley

A law had been passed LONG AGO saying NO STREET
trading, that is when you will see people stubornly
trading on the streets and littering the environment.

Later some people will say the Governors such as
Fashola are wicked and sending Igbos back - such
trash comments. angry

A foremost Lagos-based Economist of Igbo ancestry
said he was able to identify young people from Ebonyi
State as being in the majority of those engaging in
Illegal hawking in LAGOS traffic and constituting
a nuisance aside from endangering their lives
despite the fact that it is banned in Lagos.
What a BIG shame!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Konquest: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2012
dayokanu:

The pogroms in the North were the direct reason Ojuku gave for secedding with Biafra and what caused the pogroms in 1966? Was it not in retaliation to the killing of the Sardauna?

And like every Igbo man you have managed to convince yourself that of 4 Premiers in Nigeria. 2 were Ibos 2 non Ibos. They killed the 2 non Ibos but miraculously Osadebey and Okpara escaped?

Of the 2 executive leaders They killed the non Ibo Prime Minister but the Ibo President escaped the acting President Nwafor orizu who was Ibo escaped

Of the numerous Ibos in the cabinet like Jaja Wachukwu(In the world of coincidence submitted a resignation letter 12hrs to the coup LOL) and co escaped but non Ibos like Okotie-Eboh were killed

Like I told someone, the problem with Ibos is that they think they are smart and others are stupidd

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Festus Okotie-Eboh was NOT Igbo but Urhobo. The original article quoted by
@dayokanu is incorrect. wink

Okotie Eboh is an Urhobo man [Urhobos have or Bini ancestry just like
Isokos].

Just as Itsekiris have Yoruba [Ijebu, Ife, Ilaje]and Bini ancestries
via way of the Warri monarchy founded by Ginuwa in the midst of the
original Yoruba settlers over 500 years ago]. Ode Itsekiri and Omadino
in Warri were founded by Ijebu-Yoruba original settlers. Ugborodo or
Escravos by Ilaje-Yoruba settlers, Ureju in Warri North was founded by
mainly Ife settlers. smiley

Inter-marriages are also common between Urhobos and Itsekiris
thereby consolidating the primal Yoruba and Bini ancestral genes
among them. Prof. Itse Sagay is Itsekiri but his mum is Urhobo.
Matse Uwatse of Nigeria Info who comes from Omadino an Itsekiri
community has an Urhobo mother - at least she mentioned it on
radio once or twice. smiley
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Konquest: 11:13am On Nov 12, 2012
dayokanu:

Festus Okotie-Eboh was NOT Igbo but Urhobo. The original article quoted by
@dayokanu is incorrect. wink

Okotie Eboh is an Urhobo man [Urhobos have or Bini ancestry just like
Isokos].

Just as Itsekiris have Yoruba [Ijebu, Ife, Ilaje]and Bini ancestries
via way of the Warri monarchy founded by Ginuwa in the midst of the
original Yoruba settlers over 500 years ago]. Ode Itsekiri and Omadino
in Warri were founded by Ijebu-Yoruba original settlers. Ugborodo or
Escravos by Ilaje-Yoruba settlers, Ureju in Warri North was founded by
mainly Ife settlers. smiley

Inter-marriages are also common between Urhobos and Itsekiris
thereby consolidating the primal Yoruba and Bini ancestral genes
among them. Prof. Itse Sagay is Itsekiri but his mum is Urhobo.
Matse Uwatse of Nigeria Info who comes from Omadino an Itsekiri
community has an Urhobo mother - at least she mentioned it on
radio once or twice. smiley
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Konquest: 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2012
Iveanyi:
I did not set out to establish the real cause of the war. I tried to correct the impression that Ojukwu declared war on Nigeria. These are two different things entirely.

[quote author=dayokanu]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hello all!

I have read with deep interest and concern as facts and
fiction are being thrown around about the Nigerian Civil War.
As an avid reader of Nigerian Civil War books and content
for over 30 years-plus, I am well informed on some of the
events of the Civil War from the perspectives of Nigerian
and ex-secessionist or rebel officers who have written
their memoirs! smiley

I have a 2-Part article coming up that I will be posting
on Nairaland on the full reasons why the war took
place and who triggered the chain of events - sometimes
leading to unintended and deadly consequences
for Nigerians - including the innocent Igbo
who had the misfortune of having a secessionist
leadership that merged the new South-South
states of Rivers State and East Central State
[Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom]created on May 27,1967
in the biafra enclave which was declared without their
permission [permission of Ibibios, Efiks, Ekoi, Ikwerres
and Ijaws. That is the MAIN reason why they lost the WAR.

The rebels in the defunct biafra FAILED right from the
beginning because biafra was not based on the rule of
law. If Igbos only had left without including other ethnic
groups within the biafra map, They would have had some
sympathies. The political leadership in the West and Mid-West
were also NOT informed before the Mid-West invasion by biafra
rebels and this led to deep resentment and suspicions of Ojukwus
intentions. It is NOT surprising that after the Mid-West
invasion more Edo, Urhobo, Isoko, Ika, Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw
and Yoruba joined the Nigerian armed forces to confront the
rebel biafra effrontry.

The unwise behavior being displayed by some posters
on the Internet by distorting facts - especially
some young people who probably were NOT even born
during the Civil War has made me to react here on
Nairaland which is the largest Nigerian forum online. smiley

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Major Gen. David Ejoor, the military Governor of the Mid-Western State as of 1967 [Now Edo and Delta States] says:

"The problem of oil started during the Civil War, when Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu created
biafra and INCLUDED the South-South in order to CONTROL the OIL. When I asked him, why he
was creating biafra, and if the Igbos were going, he said the Igbo were going. I asked him why
he included the Benin, Urhobo, the Calabar people, and the Ijaw. He said 'we are one,' and I
said WE ARE NOT ONE. I asked whether he DISCUSSED with me that we should be part of biafra.
He said NO, and I said WE COULD NOT be. It was BECAUSE of my REFUSAL that WE HAD to FIGHT
the Civil War to PROTECT South-South." ~ Major Gen. David Ejoor, former Military Governor of
Mid-Western State before and during the Civil War. [Culled from THE GUARDIAN, Tuesday,
September, 2004, Page 8]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The killings in the North in 1966 were NOT justified
but it was TRIGGERED by the tauntings of Northerners
after the killing of their leaders including prominent
military officers and politicians and their wives
[up to 30,OOO people were killed by the high-ranking
officers who unfortunately were mostly of Igbo ancestry
such Major 'Kaduna 'Nzeogwu and Major E. Ifeajuna [Dr.
Nnamdi Azikiwe's cousin] with a few very junior soldiers
of other ethnic groups.

Again the Unification Decree 34 of Ironsi leading to the abolition
of REGIONAL GOVERNMENTS also led to suspicions of Igbo domination
and last but not least, after the killings of January 15, 1966,
some Igbos in the North and East were VERY CARELESS in openly
mocking and taunting the Northerners in form of music, cartoons,
BREAD LABEL, publications, and verbally in the barracks and this
was confirmed by some former Igbo military officers in their
memoirs or autobiographies books.

==>>http://www.africamasterweb.com/CounterCoup.html

Ironsi himself was aware of this and gave a warning to anybody
[Igbos] making mockery of others - BUT IT WAS TOO LATE as INNOCENT
Igbos were attacked and up to 30,000 official estimate lost
their lives as a result of the cocky and arrogant attitude
of some Igbos which is still being replicated today with
terrible insults being heaped on Gowon, Awolowo who would
have been 103 years old this year were he to be alive.

1. READ MORE HERE: The Northern Military Counter-Rebellion of July 1966"
==>>http://www.africamasterweb.com/CounterCoup.html

2. AND HERE:===>http://newsrescue.com/northern-response-chinua-achebes-book-there-country/

3. AND HERE:===> http://newsrescue.com/genesis-the-beginning-of-north-south-hausa-igbo-beef-in-nigeria/

IN ADDITION:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Since Gen. Gowon had created 12 new states on May 27, 1967, Lt. Col. Ojukwu had NO RIGHT [without the full permission of the non-Igbo or South-South people of the former Eastern Region] to include them in the defunct Igbo-dominated biafran enclave which Ojukwu created 3 days later on May 30, 1967. As you can all see from the Wikipedia map of the defunct biafra, the present Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom states [of the former Eastern Region] were included. The iconic Ijaw [Izon] leader, Major Isaac Adaka Boro fought on the Federal side [he served in the iconic 3rd Marine Commando of the Nigerian Federal Army to liberate his people and other minority ethnic groups from being included in the Igbo-dominated biafra enclave. Amphibious landings by the gallant Nigerian Marines led by Major Isaac Adaka Boro, a hero of the Nigerian Ijaws [Izon] captured the Niger Delta cities of Bonny, Okrika and Port Harcourt on July 26, 1968 and the port of Calabar on October 18, 1968! So, why single out the Yorubas, Awolowo, General Gowon, and Northerners [mainly Middle Belt non-Muslims] in this very insulting yearly BLAMING GAME ritual and circular reasoning by most Igbos? The Akwa Ibom-born Brig. Gen. Philip Effiong's wife was an Igbo, and Lt. Col Emeka Ojukwu's mother was from Calabar - and that may have given Ojukwu the confidence or boldness to merge these large non-Igbo areas in
the biafran enclave by force, but it did not have the wider support of the majority of the non-Igbos in the former Eastern Region.

The Navy Captain Alfred Diette-Spiff a Nigerian Ijaw Prince [now HRH King or Amanyanabo Alfred Diette-Spiff] was the first Governor of the new Rivers State from May 27, 1967, then during and after the Nigerian Civil War!

During the Mid-West invasion - some atrocities were committed by the biafran soldiers as they invaded places such as Warri and Benin city preparatory to the creation of the so-called "Republic of Benin" [which was dead on arrival] from the Mid-Western state by the invading rebels. This galvanised more resistance against the invading rebels by the indigenes of the present South-South areas of Nigeria [from Edo and Delta States] against what seemed like attempts at Igbo domination of their areas until they were finally repelled towards and across the River Niger. You can read more about the Mid-West invasion of 1967 and the acts of atrocities commited by the secessionist biafra soldiers by
CLICKING the Web link here ==>> http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm

This is an excerpt from my full article which I will post soon.

God bless Nigeria! smiley

~KONQUEST

PS:WE MUST LEARN TO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY
FOR OUR ACTIONS AND NOT BLAME OTHERS EVERY
YEAR. HISTORY IS MEANT TO GUIDE US TO MAKE
BETTER DECISIONS.

PPS:PEOPLE MUST STOP LIVING IN DENIAL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Teebabyui(f): 12:25am On May 17, 2013
I've read discussions on Nairaland 4 long,but I've refused 2 join this forum.I joined 2day cos of dis sizzling issue.For all that's been said,I'll love 2 draw attention 2 a few points.
1. No Nairalander shud judge d other on grammatical or spelling infelicities,cos everyone here is guilty of a handful.This is first cos of the medium of expression and also cos most Nigerians don't really speak English but somethg else.And one thg dat baffles me is 2 c Igbo condemn Yoruba people 4 not speaking English.I think from my experience as a lecturer of English 4 many years,Igbo people don't speak English,but Igbogbanglish.They see the Pidgin and Broken down English they speak as English.I've had to interact with Igbo traders and I know most of them don't understand Standard English.
2.I wonder why many Yoruba people on Nairaland would follow these Igbo folks in their inglorious pursuits of Awolowo and Yoruba people 4 d Civil War and their woes.As we say in research, the fact that Ojukwu and his war mongering cohort were guilty and arestill guilty 4 d Civil War is in d literature.Ok, maybe they shud check out Half of a Yellow Sun by one of their own. The facts are there, read with your critical mind.
3.What proofs do d Igbo have that they are d most successful and progressive in Nigeria?Can they produce statistics? From travelling 2 most parts of Nigeria, I know the Igbo are poorer in all ramifications dan the Yoruba people.Igbo only know of commerce, what else?For those Ndigbos who say Yoruba pple are jobless,ur brothers farm our cocoa and timber farms in Ondo State and mind you,these farms can feed all u Igbos everywhere in Nigeria.Shud I tell u about d academia, oil and gas and technology(quality technology not Aba faking and product butchering).I went to Saki last year,pls Ndigbos if u go,even with d SS, d hardwork of Oke Ogun can generate revenue 4 SW.Not all ppl can cheat in d name of trading.Mind you,the service industry is in d hands of d West.Who kills cattle even in PH?D best software developers, where a dey from.I'm waiting 4 Nigeria 2 break up 2 c how u want to survive without d money u make from here.Your nation would b 2 packed with everbody selling things and you will have to survive on trade by barter.Are all of u getting d gist?
4. I have never met any Igbo person who is really and truly objective about d Civil War.Their eyes are too closed and brains too clogged with d hard and starchy garri they eat that they can't c and think.I 4 once remember one of my lecturers in UI.He's an Igbo but grew up in the West and loved Yoruba culture and UI sound education. Igbos in d class hated and him cursed him 4 loving being a bastard.They're always struggling 2 compete with Yoruba ppl.It happened during my undergraduate days.With all these Igbo girl's struggles, I led my class.They are born to compete and it's dragging them nowhere, You know they are just 16 million among 45 million Yoruba ppl.
5.What is more to say?Going thru d 25 pages of these posts,I discovered we're far better in reasoning and judgement.Any linguist who do a critical liguistic analysis of the posts would discover from these traders-cum-black-hearted Biafrans that they are damned tribalistic,dumb and stupid.Why whine about the same issue for years.From d discourse on this forum,we've seen dat no matter how educated an Igbo is,he/she has a liking to backward thinking and foolish pride.What is that?Achebe more popular than Wole Soyinka?Have u compared their works? Simply incomparable that's why Achebe didn't get the prize but W. S. Got it.In fact, d difference betw these 2 writers is d difference betw d SW and SE. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:49am On May 29, 2013
Teebaby@ui:
I've read discussions on Nairaland 4 long,but I've refused 2 join this forum.I joined 2day cos of dis sizzling issue.For all that's been said,I'll love 2 draw attention 2 a few points.
1. No Nairalander shud judge d other on grammatical or spelling infelicities,cos everyone here is guilty of a handful.This is first cos of the medium of expression and also cos most Nigerians don't really speak English but somethg else.And one thg dat baffles me is 2 c Igbo condemn Yoruba people 4 not speaking English.I think from my experience as a lecturer of English 4 many years,Igbo people don't speak English,but Igbogbanglish.They see the Pidgin and Broken down English they speak as English.I've had to interact with Igbo traders and I know most of them don't understand Standard English.
2.I wonder why many Yoruba people on Nairaland would follow these Igbo folks in their inglorious pursuits of Awolowo and Yoruba people 4 d Civil War and their woes.As we say in research, the fact that Ojukwu and his war mongering cohort were guilty and arestill guilty 4 d Civil War is in d literature.Ok, maybe they shud check out Half of a Yellow Sun by one of their own. The facts are there, read with your critical mind.
3.What proofs do d Igbo have that they are d most successful and progressive in Nigeria?Can they produce statistics? From travelling 2 most parts of Nigeria, I know the Igbo are poorer in all ramifications dan the Yoruba people.Igbo only know of commerce, what else?For those Ndigbos who say Yoruba pple are jobless,ur brothers farm our cocoa and timber farms in Ondo State and mind you,these farms can feed all u Igbos everywhere in Nigeria.Shud I tell u about d academia, oil and gas and technology(quality technology not Aba faking and product butchering).I went to Saki last year,pls Ndigbos if u go,even with d SS, d hardwork of Oke Ogun can generate revenue 4 SW.Not all ppl can cheat in d name of trading.Mind you,the service industry is in d hands of d West.Who kills cattle even in PH?D best software developers, where a dey from.I'm waiting 4 Nigeria 2 break up 2 c how u want to survive without d money u make from here.Your nation would b 2 packed with everbody selling things and you will have to survive on trade by barter.Are all of u getting d gist?
4. I have never met any Igbo person who is really and truly objective about d Civil War.Their eyes are too closed and brains too clogged with d hard and starchy garri they eat that they can't c and think.I 4 once remember one of my lecturers in UI.He's an Igbo but grew up in the West and loved Yoruba culture and UI sound education. Igbos in d class hated and him cursed him 4 loving being a bastard.They're always struggling 2 compete with Yoruba ppl.It happened during my undergraduate days.With all these Igbo girl's struggles, I led my class.They are born to compete and it's dragging them nowhere, You know they are just 16 million among 45 million Yoruba ppl.
5.What is more to say?Going thru d 25 pages of these posts,I discovered we're far better in reasoning and judgement.Any linguist who do a critical liguistic analysis of the posts would discover from these traders-cum-black-hearted Biafrans that they are damned tribalistic,dumb and stupid.Why whine about the same issue for years.From d discourse on this forum,we've seen dat no matter how educated an Igbo is,he/she has a liking to backward thinking and foolish pride.What is that?Achebe more popular than Wole Soyinka?Have u compared their works? Simply incomparable that's why Achebe didn't get the prize but W. S. Got it.In fact, d difference betw these 2 writers is d difference betw d SW and SE. I rest my case.

If you are really a lecturer like you said, OMG!...my heartfelt sympathy to your students..poor them... embarassed
You write like someone that just finished taking SMA gold and think like someone wearing pampers. Such a pity. First you claim Igbo are poor on one hand, on the other hand they solely engage in commerce. Are you really listening to yourself? Someone does commerce and he is the poorest?. Well you are simply representing your Yoru-mentality...Go ask Dibu
Ojerinde JAMB boss, which state gets the highest number of tertiary admissions every year in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:56am On May 29, 2013
Konquest:

PS:WE MUST LEARN TO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY
FOR OUR ACTIONS AND NOT BLAME OTHERS EVERY
YEAR. HISTORY IS MEANT TO GUIDE US TO MAKE
BETTER DECISIONS.

PPS:PEOPLE MUST STOP LIVING IN DENIAL.

I hope you and your kind are also taking heed of the said axiom above.

wink

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by alotofgrace(m): 7:42am On Nov 27, 2014
ikeyman00:
@@@@@@

the same way Sadddam daughter will be disappointed with the americans

she wouldnt be the last

i think she should limit to enjoying her looted share from the free fall oil money

hope ur eyes are clearly opened on the real purpose of the Americans invading sadam's territory?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by simpleseyi: 8:21am On Nov 27, 2014
MrGlobe:
Achebe's tribesman (Mr. Globe) to Awolowo's Daughter: I am disappointed with the international court of justice for not trying Awolowo (the ancestor of a useless tribe) for genocide post humously.

You can not abuse my parents and expect hug and smiles from me. Therefore ..

Bring it on, we shall give you the 1967 to 1970 treatment again. We shall use your bones and flesh for pepper soup. You shall all be shoot, survivors will be re-shoot. We shall make sure your children never grow. We shall wipe you out of Nigeria's map, you can then go and join your ancestors in Isreal.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by petrov10: 8:25am On Nov 27, 2014
[quote author=simpleseyi post=28383282]
Shut up already you piece of dirt
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by therevelation2: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
simpleseyi:

You can not abuse my parents and expect hug and smiles from me. Therefore ..

Bring it on, we shall give you the 1967 to 1970 treatment again. We shall use your bones and flesh for pepper soup. You shall all be shoot, survivors will be re-shoot. We shall make sure your children never grow. We shall wipe you out of Nigeria's map, you can then go and join your ancestors in Isreal.

lookman yusuf,let this be the very last insulting comment you will ever make about the Igbos on nairaland again. You file is complete and all you details have been downloaded and those of your family members too. We have your pictures and those of your family members including your wife Titi.

Take this as a final warning because I will be following you and monitoring your posts from now on. [b]Your wife Titi was born on Dec 19, 1985, [/b]we have her pictures. Any more insult from you and be sure that your pictures and those of your wife will flood nairaland. If you think we are joking, look for eggheaders and askhim.

Signed

Omoreminder for the Operatives

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by JosephAchuzie(m): 7:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
therevelation2:

lookman yusuf,let this be the very last insulting comment you will ever make about the Igbos on nairaland again. You file is complete and all you details have been downloaded and those of your family members too. We have your pictures and those of your family members including your wife Titi.

Take this as a final warning because I will be following you and monitoring your posts from now on. [b]Your wife Titi was born on Dec 19, 1985, [/b]we have her pictures. Any more insult from you and be sure that your pictures and those of your wife will flood nairaland. If you think we are joking, look for eggheaders and askhim.

Signed

General let's start dealing with these fools and stop throwing warnings

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by win1234: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
calebo101:
Just passing by.
keep passing until keke go kill you
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by therevelation2: 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
JosephAchuzie:

Lol...I love to give a chance before I punish d stubborn ones...The choice is his....

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by T8ksy(m): 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
JosephAchuzie:

Haba! chill bro! The guy had a point though.............................

"You can not abuse my parents and expect hug and smiles from me".

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Bruteforce101: 4:44am On Dec 02, 2014
T8ksy:

Haba! chill bro! The guy had a point though.............................

"You can not abuse my parents and expect hug and smiles from me".

Bro, you dont need to tell the kid to chill. Let him post his pics. We are only laughing at them here cos what General Scatter of the odua is doing to them now codedly is pure wickedness. Heheheheee. Just allow them please. Abeg!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Bruteforce101: 4:47am On Dec 02, 2014
[s]
therevelation2:

Signed

[/s]

Post and stop talking. We have never seen any pics all this days, all una dey do is talk and threatening. I will advice you all to start posting now ooo cos when you realize our reason for being silent, you will regret ever starting this war. Lolzzzzzzz. Bros, Abeg post pics make we laugh. I dey gbadun you jare my general.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by JosephAchuzie(m): 9:07am On Dec 02, 2014
Bruteforce101:
[s][/s]

[s]Post and stop talking. We have never seen any pics all this days, all una dey do is talk and threatening. I will advice you all to start posting now ooo cos when you realize our reason for being silent, you will regret ever starting this war. Lolzzzzzzz. Bros, Abeg post pics make we laugh. I dey gbadun you jare my general.[/s]

Coward yolobaa ragtag rebels, we have been searching for you fools embarassed

After tsolz was busted our insurgurls fled grin grin grin

Una never see anything

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by PentiumPro(f): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2014
JosephAchuzie:

Una never see anything

how old are you? you must be a very idle kid. go and read for your success, and stop this rubbish you are doing on NL.
People come here to add value to their lives, touch other people's lives and also get information, you come here to be a nuisance. angry
I spit on your dirty face!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by meccuno: 9:32am On Dec 02, 2014
So this stupid post entered the 25th page.......a tribalist delight.....stupid people
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Bruteforce101: 9:46am On Dec 02, 2014
[s]
JosephAchuzie:

Una never see anything
[/s]

Shut up iduot. As usual, be doing the talking while we do the damaging. Ahahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Citadelbot: 10:09am On Dec 02, 2014
Bruteforce101:
[s][/s]

Shut up iduot. As usual, be doing the talking while we do the damaging. Ahahahahaha

Dont talk much. That new strategy is working, let them keep talking. lmaooooo. God bless General Scatter grin

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Uchek(m): 12:16am On Jan 03, 2021
PEDESTRIAN REASONING!

Desola:

My foe, do not mistake greed, selfishness, self-centredness and necessity for patriotism. That the ibos are investing in other regions does not reveal their "patriotism" or belief in the Nigerian project. Their moving forth into other regions is borne out of the need to survive. They know that no right thinking Nigerian would come to their region and after their fruitless attempt at secession, the government had lost interest in planting anything in their land for lack of trust and their commitment to the Nigerian project. Ibos are traders and in order to succeed, they have to go to their markets and their markets are not in the east but in the west and the north. Ibos loathe Nigeria but loves its money and that is what you are mistaking for patriotism. An ibo man would do all within and without his means to earn money and that is why he is going about setting up in other regions to make the money by all mean; not because of some stupid belief in one Nigeria! To the iboman, it is all about the benjamins, baby!

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Most Expensive States To Live In Based On Inflation Rates / You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" / The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.