Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place - Phone/Internet Market (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place (27825 Views)

In Need Of Phone / old post / Sell And Buy Of Phone... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 11:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
pauladonis: ur take on tecno n7, I heard that the ram of the fone cant be increased using swapper.
yeah.. thats what i heard too... but the ish is swapping ur ram is kernel dependent.. if ur kernel supports it then u can use swapper.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by WCUB3(m): 7:35am On Apr 07, 2013
Which is more advisable the S3mini or the Galaxy Grand(single or dual sim not considered)
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 7:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
W-CUB3:
Which is more advisable the S3mini or the Galaxy Grand(single or dual sim not considered)
sorry for the late answer was holed up at work.... it depends what u consider before buying a mobile phone.... first of all the galaxy grand and the s3 mini both have the same screen resolution. since the screen of galaxy grand is bigger than the s3... u dont hold the g.grand as wud hold the gs3 mini to your face... so its not really noticeable/...
based on cpu and gpu dynamics, i dont trust the gpu in the g.grand but as i heard its really good but i prefer the mali 400 gpu(remember galaxy s2 yeah?). galaxy s3 mini is just like buying a galaxy s2 with a galaxy s3 body minus better camera. the galaxy grand has a better cpu and camera to gs3 mini. and also b aware that the screen of the galaxy grand is not superamoled but the screen of the gs3 mini is superamoled ... for further clarification u can go to gsmarena.com or search google for details...
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by 2NDACCT(f): 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
i av a SAMSUNG GALAXY Y PR0 D0US 4 SALE, CHK MY SIGNATURE FOR M0RE DETAILS.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by WCUB3(m): 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
Gbadebo01: sorry for the late answer was holed up at work.... it depends what u consider before buying a mobile phone.... first of all the galaxy grand and the s3 mini both have the same screen resolution. since the screen of galaxy grand is bigger than the s3... u dont hold the g.grand as wud hold the gs3 mini to your face... so its not really noticeable/...
based on cpu and gpu dynamics, i dont trust the gpu in the g.grand but as i heard its really good but i prefer the mali 400 gpu(remember galaxy s2 yeah?). galaxy s3 mini is just like buying a galaxy s2 with a galaxy s3 body minus better camera. the galaxy grand has a better cpu and camera to gs3 mini. and also b aware that the screen of the galaxy grand is not superamoled but the screen of the gs3 mini is superamoled ... for further clarification u can go to gsmarena.com or search google for details...

Thanks.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Zet72(m): 3:12am On May 01, 2013
@ gbadebo1 can I get any good laptop new or torkunbo of 25000 to 30000 naira.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by mindtricks: 4:18am On May 02, 2013
What's your take on fairly used laptops, how difficult is it to get one that's not faulty.
Thanks 4 the nice job.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 9:47am On May 02, 2013
Zet72: @ gbadebo1 can I get any good laptop new or torkunbo of 25000 to 30000 naira.
you can get but i ll advise u buy from person to person.. those guys at computer village are nt nice at all...but if u can up d amount to say 45-50 u can get a new mini laptop .... hope u was able to help?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 10:02am On May 02, 2013
mindtricks: What's your take on fairly used laptops, how difficult is it to get one that's not faulty.
Thanks 4 the nice job.
fairly used laptops are okay.. but it depends on the amount of years the laptops have been used for.. if u wud like to buy a used laptop .. i ll suggest u look fr laptops between 8 mnths to 1.5 years but some 2 yr laptops are also good it depends on d maintenance culture of d person that used it. hope i have been able to help?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Zet72(m): 4:05pm On May 02, 2013
Thanks gbadebo
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by mindtricks: 4:46pm On May 02, 2013
Gbadebo01: fairly used laptops are okay.. but it depends on the amount of years the laptops have been used for.. if u wud like to buy a used laptop .. i ll suggest u look fr laptops between 8 mnths to 1.5 years but some 2 yr laptops are also good it depends on d maintenance culture of d person that used it. hope i have been able to help?
Yes, you've really more than helped. Any idea of precisely what else to check or look out for at point of purchase?
A lot has been said of processors and graphics cards. Do you consider a dualcore too old? (I'm a bit confused if its same as core2duo). What graphic card can you suggest for moderate games? What do you think of 2GB/250GB DualCore, 15in Screen, Wireless, Centrino, good bat . . .possibly @30/35K? Tnx again! *Too many questions I guess?*
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by mindtricks: 9:24pm On May 04, 2013
Op, where you dey?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 09, 2013
pls advise me on the type of laptop to buy cos i dont knw anytin abt laptops. I hv #80k for it. Tanx
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 7:33am On May 10, 2013
mindtricks: Yes, you've really more than helped. Any idea of precisely what else to check or look out for at point of purchase?
A lot has been said of processors and graphics cards. Do you consider a dualcore too old? (I'm a bit confused if its same as core2duo). What graphic card can you suggest for moderate games? What do you think of 2GB/250GB DualCore, 15in Screen, Wireless, Centrino, good bat . . .possibly @30/35K? Tnx again! *Too many questions I guess?*
padi mii.. no vex o.. na work get as e b...
core2duo is actually rated higher than the dual core on Intel's list...concerning the gpu the p is that i favour nvidia graphics cards than ati radeon graphics cards.. but both are good. so most laptops wif nvidia graphic cards are usually good for gaming except some typically old nvidia graphics cards. Newer ones are okay.
the laptop is pretty good from what u said but before u buy, kindly check the frame of d laptop for any faulty hinges which can break off any time αηδ might render the laptop irreparable
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by mindtricks: 10:07pm On May 14, 2013
Gbadebo01: padi mii.. no vex o.. na work get as e b...
core2duo is actually rated higher than the dual core on Intel's list...concerning the gpu the p is that i favour nvidia graphics cards than ati radeon graphics cards.. but both are good. so most laptops wif nvidia graphic cards are usually good for gaming except some typically old nvidia graphics cards. Newer ones are okay.
the laptop is pretty good from what u said but before u buy, kindly check the frame of d laptop for any faulty hinges which can break off any time αηδ might render the laptop irreparable
Tnx. How do you check to distinguish inferior from original memory card?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 15, 2013
Mr gbadebo,pls what's ur opinion on HP pavillion G6,how good is it?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Opti(m): 1:07pm On May 16, 2013
Can I replace my samsung galaxy s duo with a tecno n7 effectively and without regrets?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2013
Opti: Can I replace my samsung galaxy s duo with a tecno n7 effectively and without regrets?
emmmm.. that wan get as he b o...i have to knw ur reason for wanting a change it first... may i knw if its because of screen size? if its screen size then u can go for it. personally i prefer the techno n7 cpu-wise to samsung galaxy s duos... hope i have been able to help?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 1:52pm On May 17, 2013
Temistatics 007: Mr gbadebo,pls what's ur opinion on HP pavillion G6,how good is it?
its a budget laptop so dont expect much. but its a pretty good laptop i have a friend using it.. the screen is also pretty good. He is an oracle programmer and i ve nt seen him complain abt the laptop. hope i have been able to help.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Nobody: 9:51am On May 18, 2013
Kinkynature: pls advise me on the type of laptop to buy cos i dont knw anytin abt laptops. I hv #80k for it. Tanx
pls am still waiting for ur reply
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Opti(m): 7:48pm On May 19, 2013
Thanks. Actually, I just want a change, I have a Samsung Exhibit II 4G for a second phone, and it makes the duo look like a toy to me in performance. The duo is quite slow these days. So I though since Techno N7 is also a dual sim plus I can do with a bigger screen and now you mentioned the cpu thing. Thanks. Although my galaxy duo is just few months old, I will go for the n7.
Thanks.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by daakins(m): 8:28am On May 20, 2013
SAW ONE NEW PHONE ON IN THE MARKE..ITS CALLED BE SOCIAL2 PHONE ..RUNS ON ANDROID ICE CREAM SANDWICH..SLOT IS SELLING IT ALSO..HAVE YU SEEN IT AND WHAT IS UR TAKE ON THAT..

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
[quote author=daakins]SAW ONE NEW PHONE ON IN THE MARKE..ITS CALLED BE SOCIAL2 PHONE ..RUNS ON ANDROID ICE CREAM SANDWICH..SLOT IS SELLING IT ALSO..HAVE YU SEEN IT AND WHAT IS UR TAKE ON THAT..[/quoteyeah, i have heard of the phone. But i have not really concentrated on it... pple i have asked have not told any concrete thing for nw....will still keep an eye out for it though
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Opti(m): 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
At the edge of replacing my galaxy s duo with tecno N7, then someone said why not go for Tecno F7! Which one is F7, he called it Tecno phantom, is it good advice: F7 instead of N7?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
Opti: At the edge of replacing my galaxy s duo with tecno N7, then someone said why not go for Tecno F7! Which one is F7, he called it Tecno phantom, is it good advice: F7 instead of N7?
HERE ARE THE SPECS SEE FOR YOUR SELF 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
4G Network No
SIM Dual mini SIM
Status Available April 2013

Body
Dimensions 143.5 x 70.8 x 9.1mm
Keyboard Touchscreen
Colors White, Black, Yellow
Cover Plastic

Display
Type TFT capacitive touchscreen with 16,000,000 colors
Size 720 x 1280 pixels, 5 inches, 293 pixels per inch (PPI)

Memory And OS
Card slot MicroSD, up to 32 GB
Internal 4 GB
OS Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Processors 1.0 GHz dual-core CPU
RAM 1 GB

Audio
Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
Audio port 3.5mm jack

Connectivity
2G GPRS – up to 85.6 kbps; EDGE – up to 236.8 kbps
3G Up to 7.2 mbps uplink; Up to 5.76 mbps downlink
4G No
WIFI Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WIFI hotspot
Bluetooth Version 3.0
GPS A-GPS
NFC No
USB MicroUSB v2.0

Camera
Primary 8 MP, up to 3264×2448 pixel pictures, Geo-tagging, auto focus, face detection camera with LED flash
Video Yes
Secondary 1.3 MP up to 1280×1024 pixel pictures

Battery
Capacity 2100 mAh Li-Ion battery
Stand-by N/a
Talk time N/a
Music play N/a

Other Features
Sensors Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient light sensor
Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser HTML
Java No
- SNS integration
- MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Document viewer
- FM radio
- Image viewer
- Voice memo/dial/command
- Predictive text input
- Google Search, Whatsapp, Google Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Philipsdael(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2013
All this for a phone

( i must be a learner )
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2013
COMING SOON......
Next Gen mobile technologies #mobilerevolution
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by teens(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
Gbadebo01: If u need advice on the kind of phone or laptop to buy, just give me ur budget and i ll give u options of the kind of phones u can get with specifications. I also do reviews too but in application to the nigerian context(features useable in Nigeria). Thanks y'all!

Bro pls. Help me with London used HTC one phone price ...
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by teens(m): 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
Gbadebo01: Its a good phone but it has plenty limitations.. the number one limitation is that it has only 8gb internal memory without an option of expansion with a memory card
2. These are windows mobile specific limitation or draw backs..
* No system-wide file manager
No Bluetooth file transfers
No USB mass storage mode
Limited third-party apps availability
No Flash (nor Silverlight) support in
the browser
Too dependent on Zune software for
file management and syncing
No video calls
New ringtones available only through
the Marketplace (fixed in Mango)
Music player lacks equalizer presets
No multitasking (fixed in Mango)
No copy/paste (fixed in NoDo)
No DivX/XviD video support (automatic
transcoding provided by Zune
software)
No sign of free Bing maps Navigation
so far (fixed in Mango)
No internet tethering support (fixed
in Mango)
No handwriting recognition support

How much do u have to buy a phone? i might b able to suggest another option for you.
Bros wht abt htc one ? Pls wht Are it shot coming
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 11:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
teens:
Bros wht abt htc one ? Pls wht Are it shot coming
hmnnnn.. Htc one?
practically its a lovely phone but has the following shortcomings
1. the camera:
the camera is 4mp but emmm pple call it 4up (ultra pixels)
the ultra pixel technology only improves the camera in lowlight conditions not necessarily increased quality.

2. no memory card slot but u have d option of 32gb or 64gb internal sorage
3. no user replaceable battery.
but all in all the mobile phone is lovely.. u can go for it if u can do away the shortcomings... have i been able to help out?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Sharon6(f): 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
I'm looking to buy the htc butterfly. I just love the specs 2GB ram, 5in, 8MP camrea nd all but I'll love to have ur opinion or opinions of the butterfly users b4 purchasing one. Thanks
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
.Sharon:
I'm looking to buy the htc butterfly. I just love the specs 2GB ram, 5in, 8MP camrea nd all but I'll love to have ur opinion or opinions of the butterfly users b4 purchasing one. Thanks
wow!! i can see u knw the specs already. all u just want is to get my opinion and my opinion is its a lovely phone and if u lie it enough go for it! To sample another persons opinion, go to gsmarena.com and look for htc butterfly when u get to the page, click on opinions and u get info from users of the htc butterfly. have i been able to help out?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bhankymyk Data Services / Sales!!! Samsung Galaxy S8,s7,iphonex,8,7......Call 08034946141 / TESTED and TRUSTED SRAC 20000MAH Powerbank...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.