Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place - Phone/Internet Market (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place (27767 Views)

In Need Of Phone / old post / Sell And Buy Of Phone... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by branks1: 10:58am On Dec 02, 2012
branks1: pls recommend a laptop with a good processor and a good graphics card(radeon or geforce) for gaming.Budget:90k
pls help me
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by pauladonis(m): 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2012
that's a lot, I think I am gonna buy hp dm4 or dv6 instead. thanks thanks. . . . . @branks, hp630 is. also good 4 gaming, around 84k
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Osomaalo: 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hi, my Pastor needs a device that will be suitable for him and I need advice for him:
1. Something that is not as heavy as a laptop because he is a writer and he types his books by himself mostly on the bed
2. Long battery life is key to him
3. He wants something he can use on the pulpit and can view multiple screens together at same time(Bible, life browsing and his sermon notes being viewed at same time
4. Good memory and expandable by memory card
5. wifi and sim enabled browsing
6. Tv out for viewing recorded messages on large screen
7. Keyboard compatibility(Not just the on-screen touch keyboard)
= He hope to get a tablet that can work almost like a laptop or better but not less than a 10inch screen
Someone suggested Ipad, but he's not in tune with apple, which other devices will you suggest?
His budget is around a #100k

Pls whatz ur advice?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
Osomaalo: Hi, my Pastor needs a device that will be suitable for him and I need advice for him:
1. Something that is not as heavy as a laptop because he is a writer and he types his books by himself mostly on the bed
3. He wants something he can use on the pulpit and can view multiple screens together at same time(Bible, life browsing and his sermon notes being viewed at same time
= He hope to get a tablet that can work almost like a laptop or better but not less than a 10inch screen
Someone suggested Ipad, but he's not in tune with apple, which other devices will you suggest?

Pls whatz ur advice?
Okk.. Tell him to get a galaxy Note 10.1 ...it has the tv out function but he ll need a MHl A/V link cable.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Osomaalo: 12:03am On Dec 03, 2012
Gbadebo01: Okk.. Tell him to get a galaxy Note 10.1 ...it has the tv out function but he ll need a MHl A/V link cable.

Thanks for your advice, but how much is the Galaxy Note 10.1 and what is the "MHl A/V link cable." And how do I get one...like how much is the cable also?

Thanks. 'Am grateful...This is very helpful = I actually found out that this device meets all the needs by simply googling it. Thanks
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 10:26am On Dec 03, 2012
Osomaalo:

Thanks for your advice, but how much is the Galaxy Note 10.1 and what is the "MHl A/V link cable." And how do I get one...like how much is the cable also?

Thanks. 'Am grateful...This is very helpful = I actually found out that this device meets all the needs by simply googling it. Thanks
the galaxy note 10.1 goes for about 100,000 naira. But for the Mhl a/v cable i don't knw ow much it costs.
basically what the cable does is that it enables the usb to connect to an external screen.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Osomaalo: 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
Thanks, I'll look for it.

I am torn between two phones: I need a good dual sim phone. I'm hoping you can help out.
1. Blu Studio 5.3 d510 and
2. Samsung Galaxy S Duos.

Pls which one do you advice I buy or do you have any other dual sim phone that's good?
My budged is around #40k.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
Osomaalo: Thanks, I'll look for it.

I am torn between two phones: I need a good dual sim phone. I'm hoping you can help out.
1. Blu Studio 5.3 d510 and
2. Samsung Galaxy S Duos.

Pls which one do you advice I buy or do you have any other dual sim phone that's good?
My budged is around #40k.
i wud advise galaxy s duos due to its faster processor (1 Ghz to 650Mhz). the blu studio is also big (5.3 inches) its just like galaxy note.. but d galaxy s duos is 4 inches but its alot portable but the galaxy s duos is about 46k

Another option is Galaxy ace duos. its about 33k.
also lg l5 dual is another option its about 30k
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Osomaalo: 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
Gbadebo01:
i wud advise galaxy s duos due to its faster processor (1 Ghz to 650Mhz). the blu studio is also big (5.3 inches) its just like galaxy note.. but d galaxy s duos is 4 inches but its alot portable but the galaxy s duos is about 46k

Another option is Galaxy ace duos. its about 33k.
also lg l5 dual is another option its about 30k

Thanks, checked the other two too, I think will settle for S Duos.
Thanks
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Rajivol(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
Pls op advice me on dis..
I wanna switch to a andriod....am actually a novice of it....I really love samsung ....should I go for the GS3 at once or start with the GS2 then later move to the S3...ulgent ooo..b4 my babe kwn........
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
Rajivol: Pls op advice me on dis..
I wanna switch to a andriod....am actually a novice of it....I really love samsung ....should I go for the GS3 at once or start with the GS2 then later move to the S3...ulgent ooo..b4 my babe kwn........
go for gs 2 den, coz its cheaper. if u buy s3 u mite under utilise it.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Rajivol(m): 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Pls can I get a short summary abt d phone ...its features..function..spec and cons..in details sha...and hw much
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
Osomaalo: Hi, my Pastor needs a device that will be suitable for him and I need advice for him:

Pls whatz ur advice?

Since he wants a tablet that is like a laptop replacement with physical keyboard, i think the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 is the perfect choice for him.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2012
Rajivol: Pls can I get a short summary abt d phone ...its features..function..spec and cons..in details sha...and hw much
check page 5 of this thread
price: between 64k-72k
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 9:08am On Dec 09, 2012
Ezebinaugwu: Plz guyz i need a samsung galaxy and my budget is 40k
you can buy a galaxy s or sl, galaxy ace, galaxy s duos, galaxy ace duos.
galaxy s duos is abt 46k
galaxy ace is abt 32k
galaxy ace duos abt 33k
galaxy s\sl abt 42-46k
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by mrdrizzy(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2012

Pls whatz ur advice?
yeah u could get the nexus 10 or microsoft surface,those are very nice tablets with all the xter mention and also the surface has an output soft keypad followed with it for good typing,and as u knw theres excel,pdf reader,tv out and so on...my advise look at this 3 devices,microsoft surface/google nexus 10/samsung galaxy tab.10".check them and vary
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2012
HP LAPTOPS IN THE RANGE OF 70-90K
Hp 630 ci3-380m: 2GB*320GB=77k
Hp 2000-350us:4GB*500GB=79k
hp 650: 2GB*320GB:75 200
4GB*500GB: 85, 500
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by OmolodMilkman93(m): 9:01pm On Dec 09, 2012
Gbadebo01: HP LAPTOPS IN THE RANGE OF 70-90K
Hp 630 ci3-380m: 2GB*320GB=77k
Hp 2000-350us:4GB*500GB=79k
hp 650: 2GB*320GB:75 200
4GB*500GB: 85, 500
pls, which of these wil u advice 4 a gamin person?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Osomaalo: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Since he wants a tablet that is like a laptop replacement with physical keyboard, i think the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 is the perfect choice for him.

Thanks, but is this device readily available in the Nigerian Market, and servicable in Naija like Samsung Products' Warranty?
And is it Sim enabled?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Osomaalo: 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
mr.drizzy:
yeah u could get the nexus 10 or microsoft surface,those are very nice tablets with all the xter mention and also the surface has an output soft keypad followed with it for good typing,and as u knw theres excel,pdf reader,tv out and so on...my advise look at this 3 devices,microsoft surface/google nexus 10/samsung galaxy tab.10".check them and vary

Both Microsoft Surface and Nexus 10 do not seem to be sim enabled and Nexus doess not have a slot for micro sd,
Is Galaxy Tab.10 inches Same with Galaxy Note 10.1? I thought the Note is different and superior to the Tab?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2012
OmolodMilkman93: pls, which of these wil u advice 4 a gamin person?
hp 2000-350us should do for this price range
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by mrdrizzy(m): 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2012
Osomaalo:

Both Microsoft Surface and Nexus 10 do not seem to be sim enabled and Nexus doess not have a slot for micro sd,
Is Galaxy Tab.10 inches Same with Galaxy Note 10.1? I thought the Note is different and superior to the Tab?
sorry ur wrong nexus 10 is sim enable check
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 11:49pm On Dec 09, 2012
mr.drizzy:
guy kindly confirm your facts before coming to this thread with ur comments. this is not the first tym u doing this and its pretty annoying and misleading. the nexus 10 cant use a SIM.. its not a gsm device.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Osomaalo: 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2012
mr.drizzy:

Have you really seen a sim enabled one? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

All websites and dealers said it is not Sim Enabled. Even gsmarena.com says same.
Pls check.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by kinggenesis(m): 7:41am On Dec 10, 2012
Hi bro....... I need ya advice. I planning of buying a Fairly used nokia phone that can browse well, high quality camera, secondary camera, good internal memory, multitask, supports 3rd party softwares and user friendly. I'm still contemplating between nokia e5 and nokia e6. I'm having about 20k.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by BashToks: 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Anybody willing to sell his/her GALAXY NOTE 2?? Would have gone out for the UK used but its a new product. Am willing to pay 75K for it. Thanks!
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by henryville(m): 12:03am On Dec 11, 2012
Thanks for helping others solving probs... Well am in a state of vivid... Am thinking wich fone to buyG either android or bb.. Actually am looking for a fone with wifi hotspot, and i knowmost android fones comes wit it, what i really wanna know is wud one have to pay additional charges to use wifi hotspot service on android? Or onces uv got ur data plan u can automatically run it?..h
as for the bb, heard the 1500 plan cant work on the wifi hotspot, that means one nid additional charges too, pls help. Cheers
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
henryville: Thanks for helping others solving probs... Well am in a state of vivid... Am thinking wich fone to buyG either android or bb.. Actually am looking for a fone with wifi hotspot, and i knowmost android fones comes wit it, what i really wanna know is wud one have to pay additional charges to use wifi hotspot service on android? Or onces uv got ur data plan u can automatically run it?..h
as for the bb, heard the 1500 plan cant work on the wifi hotspot, that means one nid additional charges too, pls help. Cheers
on android phones u dont have to pay additional charges to use the wifi hotspot once u have a data plan but for the blackberry i dont knw... but i think u shud able to share it.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by CORDROSS: 10:24am On Dec 27, 2012
Paul, Kindly info me on how i can independently browse with my MTN/AIRTEL sim. I have been find it difficult connecting. It says connection failed to browse. Please what do I do? Inbox me at peter.adeyemi@yahoo.co.uk.

Thks....
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
CORDROSS: Paul, Kindly info me on how i can independently browse with my MTN/AIRTEL sim. I have been find it difficult connecting. It says connection failed to browse. Please what do I do? Inbox me at peter.adeyemi@yahoo.co.uk.

Thks....
ur browsing independently does it mean browsing with your laptop?

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by akinola1384(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hi, blackberry bold5 and iphone4 which one should I buy I need a powerful phone and uptodate phone, I don't want outdated phone
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2012
akinola1384: Hi, blackberry bold5 and iphone4 which one should I buy I need a powerful phone and uptodate phone, I don't want outdated phone
if u are an ardent game player, i wid advice you to go for the iphone.. but in terms of specs (ram and cpu). bold 5 beats the iphone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Bhankymyk Data Services / Mtn 1G for 270; Data Reseller Needed!!! GLO, ETISALAT & AIRTEL Also available / Sales!!! Samsung Galaxy S8,s7,iphonex,8,7......Call 08034946141

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.