Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT - NYSC (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT (49508 Views)

ESUT NYSC 2013 Batch B Mobilization List Is Out / Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? / NYSC Rejects Three Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2012
While you guys are at it, they also need to check the intelligence level of Nigerians...

Most Nigerians aren't intelligent to me, and NL is a proof of how unintelligent most Nigerians are...

Critical thinking is non-existent in that country, and without "intellectual property" - Nigeria will never progress.

That's just my 2cent!

PS: Have they checked if these people have dyslexia? Anyway, I'd take them if they're critical thinkers before most Nigerians who can write properly but aren't intelligent enough to be critical thinkers.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by jadakiss213(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2012
kennytidistar: yahoo, yahoo. you go fear fear nau! that school need to be shot down. mtchew
ahn ahn..SHOT down ke? Guy cool down
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2012
sandilo: Those who are saying we should ecuse bad english because it is not our mother tongue are only exhibing d kind of ignorance that is making Nigeria a laughing stock around the world. If this rot is not taken care of now (better late than never) a time will come when one of these kind of low baked people will either become governor, senate president or even President of Nigeria!
English is our official language and the most widely spoken language in the world. It is important to speak good english whether your are a doctor, engineer or teacher!
You're right. I also believe it's also good to understand your mother tongue in addition to English.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by safarigirl(f): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2012
These same people passed the most dreaded WAEC and the difficult JAMB, went through four years and passed the exams too..before we blame the University, first ask WAEC and JAMB how he passed, because these same people make Maths a necessity, knowing that most people who are Math geniuses, suck at other non-science subjects, which are actually what get you through your daily life, history/government, English, Literature, Economics and Biology ought to be the basic subjects cos people really do not make use of any of the others
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by tailek(m): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2012
Demdem: These ones obviously bought their certificates. It needs to be investigated no doubt.

... and these ones will also complain of not being employed.... Gosh!
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Afam4eva(m): 11:06am On Oct 15, 2012
shymexx: While you guys are at it, they also need to check the intelligence level of Nigerians...

Most Nigerians aren't intelligent to me, and NL is a proof of how unintelligent most Nigerians are...

Critical thinking is non-existent in that country, and without "intellectual property" - Nigeria will never progress.

That's just my 2cent!

PS: Have they checked if these people have dyslexia? Anyway, I'd take them if they're critical thinkers before most Nigerians who can write properly but aren't intelligent enough to be critical thinkers.
You can't use your intelligence to judge whether or not Nigerians are intelligent. Why's your thinking faculty a standard?
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by OmoTier1(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2012
justwise:

He was the only person that made sense out of the whole issue.
Bro,I expected you to go back and read your post so as to understand why I highlighted that part of the sentence. #caseclosed.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by informatix: 11:07am On Oct 15, 2012
what a bad dream. Let me wash my face again cant believe i am awake.

NUC. I hale thee. NUC. Chairman Need to relocate to the NASS. To get seat beside them Mark and tabuwal.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Martini101(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2012
Chiefupper: Lord av mercy,Faculty of Engineering for dat matter,d last 1 I witnessed wz in kwara state camp around 2008 in wc she(corps memba) cn not fill d necessary forms in camp
. Bros. It is a department in faculty of education that has an option in electrical and electronics, not faculty of engineering like the newspaper reported. The said Akunna was my classmate.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva:
You can't use your intelligence to judge whether or not Nigerians are intelligent. Why's your thinking faculty a standard?

No, it's not even about that - it's about the universal method of gauging intelligence based on interaction...

I visit different forums and online blogs and if I were to compare the pattern of comments on this forum to others, Nigerians don't really have it up there...

The thought process is just medieval and redundant IMO...
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Rooneyboy(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva:
I think when you're referring to plural variables, you should always endeavor to be consistent...It should "members" and not "a member". God bless you.

Afam thank u for teaching all these block heads.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by sandilo: 11:11am On Oct 15, 2012
This is the result of the appalling corrupt nature and mentality of "pay to get your way through" has caused in Nigeria.

It is no laughing matter, we should do our small part to change this negative attitude by stopping to pay to gain admission, get a job or buy fuel at the filling station when there's a queue!
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by mrperfect(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2012
Sad for the School.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by OmoTier1(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2012
shymexx: While you guys are at it, they also need to check the intelligence level of Nigerians...

That's just my 2cent!

Adjective.
1. Intelligent - having the capacity for thought and reason especially to a high degree; "is there intelligent life in the universe?"; "an intelligent question"
smart - showing mental alertness and calculation and resourcefulness

2. Intelligent - exercising or showing good judgement; "healthy scepticism"; "a healthy fear of rattlesnakes"; "the healthy attitude of French laws"; "healthy relations between labor and management"; "an intelligent solution"; "a sound approach to the problem"; "sound advice"; "no sound explanation for his decision"
level-headed, level-headed, sound, healthy reasonable, sensible - showing reason or sound judgement; "a sensible choice"; "a sensible person"

3. Intelligent - endowed with the capacity to reason, reasoning, thinking rational - consistent with or based on or using reason; "rational behavior"; "a process of rational inference"; "rational thought"

By definition 1 and 3, Bro you are absolutely wrong!
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by CrazyMan(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2012
Callotti: I am not surprised.
KWENU!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
First to graduate. . . first in FRAUD!!!
Too many of them on NL. . . . grin
Tomorrow. . .some ashawo for grades posters will be quoting 'JAMB' statistics from ENUGU tabloids. . .
Satan don catch God for 'expo'! cheesy
You need help...
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Adenex3051(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2012
This is one of the results of corruption in NIGERIA. Who gave them admission in the first place? Admission officer of the school should be sanctioned.WHAT A SHAME!FROM:OLUBODUN O.A., IBADAN.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by dabrake(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2012
e fit be sey this afam4eva no sabi book sef. no dey camouflage your demerits for this thread. e be like sey you never hear wetin i been go person for china
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Afam4eva(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2012
shymexx:

No, it's not even about that - it's about the universal method of gauging intelligence based on interaction...

I visit different forums and online blogs and if I were to compare the pattern of comments on this forum to others, Nigerians don't really have it up there...

The thought process is just medieval and redundant IMO...
I think i understand you...Some Nigerians have their intellect programmed to reason in a particular way without paying attention to logic.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by informatix: 11:15am On Oct 15, 2012
what a bad dream. Let me wash my face again cant believe i am awake.

NUC. I hale thee. NUC. Chairman Need to relocate to the NASS. To get seats beside them farcrook,Mark and tabuwal.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 15, 2012
They need to start teaching Nigerians how to be critical thinkers.

Most Nigerians are linear thinkers.

I guess that's why Nigerians are book-smart and they also thrive on idealism, but practicality is elusive to most Nigerians...
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by OmoTier1(m): 11:16am On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva:
I think i understand you...Some Nigerians have their intellect programmed to reason in a particular way without paying attention to logic.
Sorry Bro, not wanting to sound anti, but this is complete tosh! How can you programme 'Knowledge' or let's break it down. You come across as saying this: "Some Nigerians have their Knowledge and Ability to reason programmed to reason in a particular way without paying attention to logic" - Not sure if there is any sense in that expression of yours
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva:

Thank you!!

It's garbage in, garbage out with Nigerians...

I'm out!
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by CY09: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Sorry Bro, not wanting to sound anti, but this is complete tosh! How can you programme 'Knowledge' or let's break it down. You come across as saying this: "Some Nigerians have their Knowledge and Ability to reason programmed to reason in a particular way without paying attention to logic" - Not sure if there is any sense in that expression of yours
Bro, same way many religious heads have programmed their adherents to a particular line of thought...Hope you understood me sha?
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by dabrake(m): 11:24am On Oct 15, 2012
safarigirl: These same people passed the most dreaded WAEC and the difficult JAMB, went through four years and passed the exams too..before we blame the University, first ask WAEC and JAMB how he passed, because these same people make Maths a necessity, knowing that most people who are Math geniuses, suck at other non-science subjects, which are actually what get you through your daily life, history/government, English, Literature, Economics and Biology ought to be the basic subjects cos people really do not make use of any of the others
e be like sey you nor know wetin dem dey do for secondary school.
you go see as principal go pay invigilators better pepper make him sef aid cheating. at the end, 97% of their candidates go get the minimum required 5 credits including maths and english language. go all these government/private schools schools go see IWUruwuru. you dey here dey blame exam bodies. shey ghana, seirra leone, gambia et al no dey write waec? if neco no make sense, ghana for dey accept am?
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2012
Well its not just only in ESUT, its common everywhere in 9ja ...... D North has its own fair share too . Its in the north dat U c a graduate who can't spell his name talkless of the course he read. Just get posted 2d north, 4rm day one in camp U'll see & know dat ders a serz issue with our educational system.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by CrazyMan(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2012
Nigerian Educational system needs a thorough shake up.

How on earth would a university graduate students who can't read and write?

I mean, how did they defend their IT and project?

Or did they just bribe their way through?

I've heard so many bad reports about esuth, but I never knew it was this bad.

*Sighs*
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by manny4life(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

You know damn well what he's tryna say; please drop this your analytic abeg.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by larrymoore(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2012
Whobedatte: Thats the decadence/rot our educational system has fallen . No nigerian university ranks amongst the top 5000th. A unmittigated state of emergency needs be declared in that sector.
emergency can only help if d situation is critical bt ours is a dead situation. No wonder dere is unemployment?
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by MIB1(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2012
This is serious....im dont fink these one know the way to esut campus
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2012
I believe those culprits are not the owners of the certificate, they are serving by proxy. The real graduates are working some where else, may be the NYSC scheme is a distraction to them.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by CY09: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2012
kdamz: Well its not just only in ESUT, its common everywhere in 9ja ...... D North has its own fair share too . Its in the north dat U c a graduate who can't spell his name talkless of the course he read. Just get posted 2d north, 4rm day one in camp U'll see & know dat ders a serz issue with our educational system.
It is "talk more bro".

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by jadakiss213(m): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2012
informatix: what a bad dream. Let me wash my face again cant beleieve i am awake.

NUC. I hale thee. NUC. Chairman Need to relocate to the NASS. To get seats beside them Mark and tabuwal.
You 'HALE' wetin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Ebe Corper, Francisca Okonkwo Dies In Accident In Enugu (Photos) / Female Corps Member Dies From Gunshot Injuries (Photos) / NYSC Confirms Death Of Corps Member In Osun Orientation Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.