Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,690 members, 7,823,945 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (117406 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 10:38am On Dec 12, 2012
italo:

So this above doesn't really apply to faithful Catholics. It applies better to you non-Catholics who have twisted the truth for personal gains like private jets, jeeps, mansions and other material gains.

Since i don't fall under the category of non-catholics who twist Gods word to buy jets and jeeps I would want to tell you to desecrate those graven images you bow down to.........

Italo burn them..............they are useless........
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: actually if i remember correctly u said yes to the question "ALL intercession is 4biden unless d intercessor is d holyspirit" is man d holyspirit? No place 4 ya to hide.

Of course i said yes. Because you asked me that question while i was explaining the fact that the Holyspirit is the ONLY perfect spirit that intercede for man.

We all know that man intercede for man. But the problem is about spirit intercessorship. The spirit of Mary is not qualified in any way to intercede for man. The Holyspirit is.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
Boomark:

That quote is actually referring more to faithful catholics starting from their pope. If you love Christ, destroy those images and worship God in spirit and in truth. Obey Him. He did not ask you to keep unregulated images that opportunistic demons have taken advantage of to get worship for themselves. Look deep into those images you will see demons staring at you.

You cannot tell us how to love Christ. Catholics have been loving Christ long before you came into the world and will continue to love him long after you are dead and rotten in the grave.

Boomark: its seems you are more interested in the pastors that are not following the footsteps of Christ than You and the catholics who are worshipping idol. Or you want to use it as a distraction?

If the pastors are not following the footsteps of Christ, why are you worshipping them?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Since i don't fall under the category of non-catholics who twist Gods word to buy jets and jeeps I would want to tell you to desecrate those graven images you bow down to.........

Italo burn them..............they are useless........

You have said it all. You cannot "desecrate" something that is not sacred.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
ijawkid: In direct immitation of buddhists and muslims who used prayer BEADs in their prayers......

The catholic encyclopedia acknowledges that prayer beads were universally familiar to non-christians for centuries and were in use long before the Catholic church adopted the rosary.............

Once again it was an adoption of paganism......

Infact the hindu's practice exactly the same form of worship.....which is called JAPA....

Etymology
The Sanskrit word japa is derived from the
root jap-, meaning "to utter in a low voice,
repeat internally, mutter".[1]
Varieties of Japa
Japa Mala, or Japa beads, consisting of 108
beads plus the head bead.
Beads
In most forms of japa, the repetitions are
counted using a string of beads known as a japa
mala. Within Hindu traditions Vaishnava
devotees commonly chant on beads made from
the Tulsi plant ( Holy Basil), held as a sacred
manifestation of Tulsidevi; whereas Shaivites
use Rudraksha beads. The number of beads in
the japa mala is generally 108, which has great
significance in both traditions. The bead string
has one big bead called the Meru. During japa
the bead string is held in his right hand and
moved one bead after each mantra repetition.
The bead movement starts with the first
bead after the Meru (aka Guru bead) and ends
in the Meru/Guru signifying end of one cycle
(108) of japa. It is not uncommon for people to
wear japa beads around their neck, although
some practitioners prefer to carry them in a
bead-bag in order to keep them clean.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japa

Soon some persons would come out and start ranting about joshua and the ark of covenant when it is obvious that the use of the rosary never had its start with the Jews,nor with early christians........

These practices were simply hijacked from paganism.......

How on earth would God answer prayers that are made through the rosary??

SMH!!!!!!......
Am just commenting on this ur illiterate cos of ur last question. D rosary is mystery u as an illiterate and foolish man won't comprehend. So continue to ask as how God answers prayer 2ru it,it jst make u foolish day by day.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
italo:

You have said it all. You cannot "desecrate" something that is not sacred.

I used the wrong expression my bro........don't get all happy......

I wanted to say ""DESTROY"".......

Burn down all the graven images you use in worship.......do that now!!!!!..........
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
Chukskalidon:
Am just commenting on this ur illiterate cos of ur last question. D rosary is mystery u as an illiterate and foolish man won't comprehend. So continue to ask as how God answers prayer 2ru it,it jst make u foolish day by day.

The use of rosary in worship isn't a mystery...its outright idolatry and paganism.....you are just like the buddhist and muslims that use beads in worship...........

How can you pray to God through the use of ""BEADs"".!??...and you call that mystery??........

You need to get your "CRANIA" checked.......

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
everyone directs their enemity and attacks towards catholics. Haven't ur brain told u dat sumtin is special abt it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
ijawkid:
The use of rosary in worship isn't a mystery...its outright idolatry and paganism.....you are just like the buddhist and muslims that use beads in worship...........

How can you pray to God through the use of ""BEADs"".!??...and you call that mystery??........

You need to get your "CRANIA" checked.......
wow! To use beads is idolatry! Ijawkid do release. It does show a little stewpidity.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
italo:

You cannot tell us how to love Christ. Catholics have been loving Christ long before you came into the world and will continue to love him long after you are dead and rotten in the grave.

If the pastors are not following the footsteps of Christ, why are you worshipping them?

Loving Christ no be for mouth. Burn every idol in your possession. That is when you will show him that you love him. Keep his commandment of worshipping God in truth and in spirit, that is when you are showing him your love. You can't serve two masters at a time: Christ and idol.

I told you to look deep into any of the idols in your possession and you will see lucifer staring at you. Have you done that?

Who am i worshipping? Just gather all those pastors, your church fathers including the pope and i will rebuke them wherever they err.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
Boomark:

Loving Christ no be for mouth. Burn every idol in your possession. That is when you will show him that you love him. Keep his commandment of worshipping God in truth and in spirit, that is when you are showing him your love. You can't serve two masters at a time: Christ and idol.

I told you to look deep into any of the idols in your possession and you will see lucifer staring at you. Have you done that?

Who am i worshipping? Just gather all those pastors, your church fathers including the pope and i will rebuke them wherever they err.
wakeup!!! Stop daydreaming!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Chukskalidon: everyone directs their enemity and attacks towards catholics. Haven't ur brain told u dat sumtin is special abt it.

what special about catholic? If they are worshipping God then you will talking about them being special. I wonder who will envy idol worshipers.

Did you read page 10 before posting? We are rebuking idol worship my brother.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
Boomark:

Whoever you have ever asked to pray for you or whoever you respect and honour is your God, according to you. E.g your pastor, your parents, your friends...they are even probably worse sinners than the pastors so why are you worshipping them?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
ijawkid:

I used the wrong expression my bro........don't get all happy......

I wanted to say ""DESTROY"".......

Burn down all the graven images you use in worship.......do that now!!!!!..........

After you destroy your parents... Or do you not worship them? Do they not pray for you and command your honour and respect?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
italo:

After you destroy your parents... Or do you not worship them? Do they not pray for you and command your honour and respect?

Lol.........italo stop using the rosary in worship....stop bowing down to marys image....you'll end up like buddhist.....leave church traditions and practice true christianity......

And I DONT worship my parents..........

I don't use images in worship....I don't use beads in worship too.........I'm not like you that will worship anything and everything like the hindu's with the thought that they are worshipping the almighty.....

""ITALO"" flee from IDOLATRY......no talk say I no tell you o.........

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: wow! To use beads is idolatry! Ijawkid do release. It does show a little stewpidity.

I said using BEADs in worship is idolatry......

Its like you've not been paying attention......

Isn't your rosary made up of BEADs??.......

No make me talk too much o........grin
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
italo:

Whoever you have ever asked to pray for you or whoever you respect and honour is your God, according to you. E.g your pastor, your parents, your friends...they are even probably worse sinners than the pastors so why are you worshipping them?

Don't you see why i said this wave oduwa delusion is for you and your church:

Boomark: 2 Thessalonians
2:9-12
New International Version (NIV)
9 The coming of the lawless
one
will be in accordance with how
Satan works. He will use all
sorts of
displays of power through signs
and wonders that serve the lie,
10 and all the ways that
wickedness deceives those who
are
perishing. They perish because
they
refused to love the truth and so
be
saved. 11 For this reason God
sends
them a powerful delusion so
that
they will believe the lie 12 and
so
that all will be condemned who
have not believed the truth but
have delighted in wickedness.

Boomark (Bk) and Italo catholic (itc) were asked to forsake their evil ways. Itc being deluded did not want to leave idol worship.

[b]Bk: itc my broda, am now a new
creature in our lord Jesus.

Itc: ok.

Bk: wount you leave idol worship?

Itc: who told you am worshipping
idol? Am using them as a
a prayer aid.

Bk: but i have shown you fact
from
the scripture that those things
are idols.

Itc: what of you that worship ur
pastors.

Bk: i have told you i am a new
man in Christ.

Itc: why would you do it before?

Bk: i have left all those things. you
have to leave idol worship.
You are making these
idols your God.

Itc: everyone that has prayed for
you before is your God.

Bk: you are being deluded
according to 2 thessalonians
2:9-12.

Itc: that is for you.

Bk: you have to worship God in
spirit and in truth. Allow the
Holyspirit to intercede for you.

Itc: you don't have to tell me and
my church what to do. angry The spirit of the blessed holy virgin Mary intercedes for us. Oh! Most holy mother. Amen and amen.

Bk: SMH for u.

Itc: shake it for you self. Am using
the image to remember the love i have for Christ.

Bk: if you look deep into those
images you will see a demon staring at you.

Itc: stop scaring me! angry

Bk: i wount

*italo carry matchete begin pursue me*[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
ijawkid:
Lol.........italo stop using the rosary in worship....stop bowing down to marys image....you'll end up like buddhist.....leave church traditions and practice true christianity......

You mean leave the Catholic Church founded by Christ and become a Jehovah's Witness?

ijawkid: And I DONT worship my parents..........

You do...and that is idolatry, isn't it?

ijawkid: I don't use images in worship....I don't use beads in worship too.........I'm not like you that will worship anything and everything like the hindu's with the thought that they are worshipping the almighty.....

But you worship your parents and your Bible.

ijawkid: ""ITALO"" flee from IDOLATRY......no talk say I no tell you o.........

I have fled from idolatry all my life. The advice should be for you who worships your parents and adulterated "bible."
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 11:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
Boomark:
Boomark (Bk) and Italo catholic (itc) were asked to forsake their evil ways. Itc being deluded did not want to leave idol worship.

[b]Bk: itc my broda, am now a new
creature in our lord Jesus.

Itc: ok.

Bk: wount you leave idol worship?

Itc: who told you am worshipping
idol? Am using them as a
a prayer aid.

Bk: but i have shown you fact
from
the scripture that those things
are idols.

Itc: what of you that worship ur
pastors.

Bk: i have told you i am a new
man in Christ.

Itc: why would you do it before?

Bk: i have left all those things. you
have to leave idol worship.
You are making these
idols your God.

Itc: everyone that has prayed for
you before is your God.

Bk: you are being deluded
according to 2 thessalonians
2:9-12.

Itc: that is for you.

Bk: you have to worship God in
spirit and in truth. Allow the
Holyspirit to intercede for you.

Itc: you don't have to tell me and
my church what to do. angry The spirit of the blessed holy virgin Mary intercedes for us. Oh! Most holy mother. Amen and amen.

Bk: SMH for u.

Itc: shake it for you self. Am using
the image to remember the love i have for Christ.

Bk: if you look deep into those
images you will see a demon staring at you.

Itc: stop scaring me! angry

Bk: i wount

*italo carry matchete begin pursue me*[/b]

@ Boomark, I think a little child has been typing on your laptop.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 11:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
italo:

You mean leave the Catholic Church founded by Christ and become a Jehovah's Witness?

Is that what I said??........flee from idolatry my bro.....that's all we wanna §ee you do....

italo:

You do...and that is idolatry, isn't it?

I don't worship my parents....when I see them I greet them.......na worship be that??....

italo:

But you worship your parents and your Bible.

I don't worship either of them......how does one worship the bible if I may ask you.....by reading it??....

italo:

I have fled from idolatry all my life. The advice should be for you who worships your parents and adulterated "bible."

Taaaaaa!!!!!......you have fled from which idolÀtry...??.........graven images are hanging right left center in your room and in your church and you say you have fled from idolatry..........

1....Stop using prayer beads in worship(buddhist)
2....Stop bowing down to a white womans image....(Pagan)

You know the other images and carvings you worship.......flee from all of them.........don't let Jesus catch you during the end bowing to Marys image and chanting ""hail mary"".........

Na that time all of ona go know say KAKI no be leather..........

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
italo:

@ Boomark, I think a little child has been typing on your laptop.

Am glad you can now see how you have been acting. Accusing people of worshiping their pastors, church fathers and parents as an excuse to keep worshipping idol. That is very childish.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 13, 2012
Boomark:

Am glad you can now see how you have been acting. Accusing people of worshiping their pastors, church fathers and parents as an excuse to keep worshipping idol. That is very childish.

waow, u cud see him (italo) too,

am expecting italo to bring biblical verses to tailored/backed up his assertions in Answering Op's question as to why the catholic bow-down to the ''Assumed'' images of MARY!!!

Sincerely, that image dat catholic bow down to, Is she really MARY the mother of jesus, is dat how she look like,did someone took her pics.. Same goes for images of jesus christ ?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:06am On Dec 13, 2012
@ Ijawkid and Boomark.

Why is it hard to take the same kind of "sensible" advice you have been giving other people?

Flee from idolatry. Stop worshipping your parents by giving them reverevnce, bowing to them and having them pray for you. Stop worshipping the Bible by kneeling and praying to it.

FLEE FLEE! FLEE!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:17am On Dec 13, 2012
donroxy:
am expecting italo to bring biblical verses to tailored/backed up his assertions in Answering Op's question as to why the catholic bow-down to the ''Assumed'' images of MARY!!!

Have you read the earlier part of the thread and you didn't find me bringing Bible verses to back up my assertions, or you just feel like saying anything you like?

donroxy: Sincerely, that image dat catholic bow down to, Is she really MARY the mother of jesus, is dat how she look like,did someone took her pics.. Same goes for images of jesus christ ?

Sincerely, the name (Jesus) that you bow to... Is it really the name of our Lord and saviour?

Is it what the Angel told Mary would be his name? Did someone hear the Angel say "Jesus" or did the Angel say "Yehoshua" or "Yeshua"? Did the Angel speak English to Mary or did he speak Aramaic? Same goes for God and the Holy Spirit.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 8:36am On Dec 13, 2012
italo: @ Ijawkid and Boomark.

Why is it hard to take the same kind of "sensible" advice you have been giving other people?

Flee from idolatry. Stop worshipping your parents by giving them reverevnce, bowing to them and having them pray for you. Stop worshipping the Bible by kneeling and praying to it.

FLEE FLEE! FLEE!

See you.....

I don't pray to my bible...how many times I go tell you.....I read my bible I don't pray to it....I believe that's exactly what u do(praying to your bible)......because you worship everything...pagan like you...!!!!......

And I don't worship my parents...neither do I bow down to there pictures.....I don't have carvings of my parents......I don't engage in ancestral worship......

You italo are an idolater.....a confirmed one!!!!!!..........

At the beginning of this post I gave a brief history of how the use of the rosary started and where it came from....instead of trying to use the scriptures to show why you use beads in worship you argued blindly just to keep up with your idol worship.......

Bye bye to you and your graven images........

Keep dulling your senses with lifeless and worthless images...........
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2012
It doesn't matter what you say.

You kneel and pray to your Bible. You bow to your parents and worship them. You also keep their pictures and adore them.

FLEE from idolatry!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 9:08am On Dec 13, 2012
italo: It doesn't matter what you say.

You kneel and pray to your Bible. You bow to your parents and worship them. You also keep their pictures and adore them.

FLEE from idolatry!

And I said I don't.....I only read the bible............

You think saying all this would justify your indulgence in idolatry....??.........

Wait until Jesus comes to meet y'all worshipping marys image and using the rosary(prayer beads).....you'll have to tell Jesus if he instituted buddhism or christianity.....

Rubbish!!!!!.........
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 9:26am On Dec 13, 2012
What you say doesn't matter, just like what I say doesn't matter to you.

You think what you say will justify your indulgence in idolatry?

Wait until Jesus comes to meet you worshipping your parents and Bible...

Rubbish!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 9:37am On Dec 13, 2012
italo:

Have you read the earlier part of the thread and you didn't find me bringing Bible verses to back up my assertions, or you just feel like saying anything you like?

Sincerely, the name (Jesus) that you bow to... Is it really the name of our Lord and saviour?

Is it what the Angel told Mary would be his name? Did someone hear the Angel say "Jesus" or did the Angel say "Yehoshua" or "Yeshua"? Did the Angel speak English to Mary or did he speak Aramaic? Same goes for God and the Holy Spirit.

God divided the tongues of men. It is written in the scripture. That is why i can call him in any language and He will answer me.

Show me where He divided the images of Jesus to look like different human beings. I have told you satan and his demons must have taken advantage of those uncensored graven images that lack design specification to represent themselves and receive reverence and bow from catholics.

Looking for a scapegoat to go down with you? E no go work. Pride will not help you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2012
italo: What you say doesn't matter, just like what I say doesn't matter to you.

You think what you say will justify your indulgence in idolatry?

Wait until Jesus comes to meet you worshipping your parents and Bible...

Rubbish!

Lol..........

Make ona come hear o.....

Italo just indirectly said I should stop reading my bible.......

Because the reading of the bible has suddenly turned into worshipping the bible....

Italo you have no where to hide........
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 9:41am On Dec 13, 2012
Boomark:
. I have told you satan and his demons must have taken advantage of those uncensored graven images that lack design specification to represent themselves and receive reverence and bow from catholics.

Looking for a scapegoat to go down with you? E no go work. Pride will not help you.

GBAM!!!!!....

The boy dey find who go wallow with am in his idolatrous acts.......
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 10:08am On Dec 13, 2012
Boomark:
God divided the tongues of men. It is written in the scripture. That is why i can call him in any language and He will answer me.

Show me where He divided the images of Jesus to look like different human beings. I have told you satan and his demons must have taken advantage of those uncensored graven images that lack design specification to represent themselves and receive reverence and bow from catholics.

If the Angel didn't say Jesus, why are you worshipping the name?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (83) (Reply)

MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.