Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (33126 Views)

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by kopell: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
Mr Brabus you are not arswering people question.
Are you showing us what your Company can do or
You want us to learn from what you are doing? so we can chose the right contractor when we are ready to
Start semiller project.
I can tell you we as people that
Follow this thread have learn so much for these two guy's . #1 is Mr Spyder880, the other guy that
Came lately by name Segcy.moor is also doing fine
With his style of building which is completely different
Form Spyder880. Pls if people ask question answer them pls.
You have no idea how far are some of us from guys, we want to
Be curent on things that happening over there or things that you guys are doing. We have learn so much form Lawyer that put many of those land fraudstars out of
Business. God bless lawyer for us.Thank you and stay bless !!!!
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
^^^ Noted Sir, I'll do my best to answer questions that I'm competent to comment on.

However, to obtain my personal views or clarifications on issues related to the project at hand, please write to me

@Baba Eko, the budget is for the foundation of 1 unit.

@gmiky, with the present cost indications, I'd advice my clients and prospective to budget N10 - N11m for the carcass of this house.

I'll provide answers to all other questions related to the cost of land in the estate as soon as I gain information.

Thanks.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:10am On Nov 24, 2012
Pic Updates

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:12am On Nov 24, 2012
More

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:17am On Nov 24, 2012
Casting of the DPC: November 22nd

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by gmiky: 12:34am On Nov 24, 2012
brabus: ^^^ Noted Sir, I'll do my best to answer questions that I'm competent to comment on.

However, to obtain my personal views or clarifications on issues related to the project at hand, please write to me bosun@nexthomebuilders.com or bosun.dav13s@gmail.com

@Baba Eko, the budget is for the foundation of 1 unit.

@gmiky, with the present cost indications, I'd advice my clients and prospective to budget N10 - N11m for the carcass of this house.

I'll provide answers to all other questions related to the cost of land in the estate as soon as I gain information.

Thanks.
Thanks brabus for the estimated cost.... following the thread closely until finishing.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:49am On Nov 24, 2012
Meanwhile, surface treatment and compacting of unit 2 has been done. Getting ready to receive concrete pour.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by phyl123: 9:00am On Nov 24, 2012
kopell: Mr Brabus you are not arswering people question.
Are you showing us what your Company can do or
You want us to learn from what you are doing? so we can chose the right contractor when we are ready to
Start semiller project.
I can tell you we as people that
Follow this thread have learn so much for these two guy's . #1 is Mr Spyder880, the other guy that
Came lately by name Segcy.moor is also doing fine
With his style of building which is completely different
Form Spyder880. Pls if people ask question answer them pls.
You have no idea how far are some of us from guys, we want to
Be curent on things that happening over there or things that you guys are doing. We have learn so much form Lawyer that put many of those land fraudstars out of
Business. God bless lawyer for us.Thank you and stay bless !!!!

I agree with you 100%, i was very impressed with the activities of lawyer on this forum, i have actually used his services to secure a plot of land and i was not dissappointed, but i have never met him or spoken to him i wish there were more reliable Nigerians like him and that is the reason why some of us come on nairaland
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:09am On Nov 24, 2012
Here comes the Maid's Quarters. Thanks to our guys at Master's Touch Studio

This is cool!

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
BRICKWORK

Our house is tak­ing shape now …to the point that now I find myself tak­ing pho­tos of the inside more than the outside.

Things appear to be really motoring along now and some of our early concerns about the SSLLLOOOWNESSSS of the build are receding.

Pics from the construction site

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:07pm On Nov 24, 2012
More pics

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2012
And more

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by blacksta(m): 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
what is the size of this land
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
blacksta: what is the size of this land

34 x 39m
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2012
It's 18 days since construction has begun.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
Happening Now!

1. Casting of Unit 2 (nearing completion)
2. Blockwork On Unit 1 ( also nearing completion)

We'll commence work on Unit 2 tomorrow. Hopefully by Friday 30th, we should commence work on the first floor slab.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Handex(m): 5:22am On Nov 26, 2012
My observation, why is there no hardcore at the DPC level. what differentiate your building style and that of Segcy moore is that his on building are framed up and yours are not. Which do you think is better?

For structural design, stamping, seal that is needed for approval & professional input.

Engr. Andrew Ezekwe (MNSE, C.Eng)
Handex Engineering Ltd
Tel: 08035831232; 08051389315
Email: handexengltd@yahoo.com
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2012
Progress Pics

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 8:13pm On Nov 26, 2012
Day 20

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Humanbeans(m): 9:06am On Nov 27, 2012
I love this project. I have learnt a lot from it and I'm going to readjust my plans. Thanks Brabus for the thread

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 10:31am On Nov 27, 2012
^^^ Thanks a lot Humanbeans for checking out the thread.

At a later time, I'll share the costs and material requirements for the project. We may also gain one or two things from that.

Also, you may also like to see the construction time schedule. It helps in planning what come first or after; stages which are dependent on each other, and how to manage delays and cost overrun.

Thanks once again for the compliment.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2012
Today in picture

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 10:46am On Nov 27, 2012
Meanwhile, this is Unit 2

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 11:10am On Nov 27, 2012
Forgot to mention that the Electrical Rough-in work has commenced.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2012
Decking Materials

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 7:50am On Nov 30, 2012
It's 24 days into this project and we're raising the first floor slab.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 8:06am On Nov 30, 2012
Friday 30th November: All walls up to first floor height. Preparing form for the first floor.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:20am On Nov 30, 2012
Happening Now

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by mmbello2: 9:59am On Nov 30, 2012
Brabus your "journal" is wonderful and so full of quality information. Pls what is the thickness of your decking? Also alot of us would be glad if u can post a pencil sketch only of the building plan. Thanks.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
mmbello2: Brabus your "journal" is wonderful and so full of quality information. Pls what is the thickness of your decking? Also alot of us would be glad if u can post a pencil sketch only of the building plan. Thanks.

Here's the ground floor plan

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by xtremious(m): 1:26am On Dec 01, 2012
brabus,those pipes coming out of the brick,are they for electricals?
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2012
It's been 3 days since my last update on this thread. A lot of things have happened and a lot of progress made which I felt I should share.

I was out yesterday to celebrate with my parents 40th ruby marriage anniversary. It was a wonderful family time.

Back in the construction site, the carpenters have moved to the 2nd unit and the welder have commenced work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INTERIOR WALLPAPER AND 3D WALL PANEL / Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja / Families Disagree Over Building Renovation In Lagos - See What They Did (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.