Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (33125 Views)

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:57am On Dec 03, 2012
More

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
Happening Now

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2012
And...

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 6:44am On Dec 04, 2012
Preparing First Floor Rebar

First floor rebar preparations continue and work underway getting the form in place for pouring first floor slab by Thursday.

Work is getting along quickly on Unit 2 which should be ready for pouring by Saturday.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2012
Just this morning

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2012
Unit 2 Reinforcement commences today.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:39am On Dec 04, 2012
All first floor rebar for UNIT 1 should be ready by this afternoon and tubing for electrical cables and water pipes commences immediately.

Watch this space for more updates.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by mmbello2: 11:17am On Dec 04, 2012
Brabus pls what is the thickness of your slab/decking?
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 11:26am On Dec 04, 2012
mmbello2: Brabus pls what is the thickness of your slab/decking?

It is 150mm or 6" sir
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by mmbello2: 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2012
@Brabus. I thought 150mm is for DPC and 230mm is for decking? Pls correct me if i am wrong with a little explanation. You have been very helpful. Thanks.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
mmbello2: @Brabus. I thought 150mm is for DPC and 230mm is for decking? Pls correct me if i am wrong with a little explanation. You have been very helpful. Thanks.

The depth/thickness of a slab, spacing and diameter of the reinforcements is calculated by a structural engineer, and differs on every project due to various factors. Concrete slabs is an important part of the building project which cannot be calculated based on assumption.

Our slab will be a full 15 " thick on the load bearing walls and will reduce down to 6" over the area not under the solid masonry.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by babaeko1: 7:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
Sir,

I have a question to ask you, if one wants to engage a builder like yourself how can you we work in such a way that I provide critical material such as cement and iron rods.

The reason why I say that is because, lets say the standard rod for a particulat section is 16mm, I want to use 18mm and pay the extra, but I dont want a situation whereby the builder will charge me for 18mm, but they have used 16mm. I'm not saying you are not a trustworthy person, but this is just for my own comfort.

Also, how long will it take to fence a 1000sqm of swampy land in Lekki ?

Thanks.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2012
baba_eko: Sir,

I have a question to ask you, if one wants to engage a builder like yourself how can you we work in such a way that I provide critical material such as cement and iron rods.

The reason why I say that is because, lets say the standard rod for a particulat section is 16mm, I want to use 18mm and pay the extra, but I dont want a situation whereby the builder will charge me for 18mm, but they have used 16mm. I'm not saying you are not a trustworthy person, but this is just for my own comfort.

Also, how long will it take to fence a 1000sqm of swampy land in Lekki ?

Thanks.

The terms of engagement in the current project we're handling is for us to provide Labour and Supervision only but along the line things changed and we had to provide all materials.

I can flow with any build route as it suit each client but one thing that is critical here is timely delivery of materials. Late delivery of materials can lead to project delay and cost overrun in some other cases and such is not treated as an excusable delay in our contract.

We can deliver fencing of a 1000sqm land in a swampy area in 30 days subject to timely delivery of materials and obtaining client approval at critical stages.
There are lot of things happening in the background that we can't share on this thread and my clients have made it easier for us by promptly attending to requests.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
A similar fence project done in August 2012 at Graceland Estate, Iyana Ishashi, Lagos/Badagry expressway, Lagos

Client: Nairaland Friend
Project Duration: 45 days
Terms of Engagement: Labour and Supervision only

Terrain: WATERLOGGED.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
Graceland Fence Project contd.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
Tubing of the electrical and water pipes completed. We're pouring the first floor slab tomorrow.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2012
More pics

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
And this

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by spyder880(m): 7:11pm On Dec 05, 2012
brabus:

The depth/thickness of a slab, spacing and diameter of the reinforcements is calculated by a structural engineer, and differs on every project due to various factors. Concrete slabs is an important part of the building project which cannot be calculated based on assumption.

Our slab will be a full 15 " thick on the load bearing walls and will reduce down to 6" over the area not under the solid masonry.

Thıs ıs true, ıt dıffers from from house to house, we only read and follow the detaıled specıfıcatıons of the structural engıneer and make sure the detaıls are carrıed out.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 10:21am On Dec 06, 2012
Casting of Unit 1 in progress.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
Happening Now

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
Progress picture

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
This house is 30 days old today.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by phyl123: 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2012
Welldone Brabus, your work is very neat. Keep it up
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
Meanwhile, Unit 2 rebar and reinforcement is ongoing. Tubing of the water pipes and electrical pipes will happen tomorrow and pouring of the concrete later on Saturday.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
We're pouring over 26m3 of concrete. The slab is 65% complete.

Schedule of Activities in the final stage UNIT 1 ONLY

8th - 10th Dec - Block Setting to lintel level
10 - 11th Dec - Carpentary and Reinforcement works on lintel; Tubing of the electrical and water pipes
12th Dec - Casting of the lintels
13th Dec - Topping of the lintels to roof level
14th Dec - Carpentary and Reinforcement work for Tank Slab
15th Dec - Casting of tank slab

Follow us as we finish up the shell.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
Nice job bro.how many tons of granite are using for d first floor slab?.

Well done Mate.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Aventures(m): 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
good job, wonderful pace.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
Aventures: good job, wonderful pace.

Thanks for the telephone call. Your points and observations are well noted. Looking forward to a wonderful partnership with you guys.

Spyder880, Segcy.moor, Aventures... you're so great!
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by babaeko1: 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
Can I also confirm, Oga Brabus are you a Builder / Engineer / Project manager ?
I will be very interested in the cost once you are ready to reveal it.
Also, please state the season where one should be targeting building i.e during the dry season when its really sunny. Also, as per my earlier question, would you be able to provide labour and I provide all materials.

Thanks.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
euromilion: Nice job bro.how many tons of granite are using for d first floor slab?.

Well done Mate.

We bought 2 loads of 30 ton but ended up using 1 and half.

Thanks for your time on this thread.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
baba_eko: Can I also confirm, Oga Brabus are you a Builder / Engineer / Project manager ?
I will be very interested in the cost once you are ready to reveal it.
Also, please state the season where one should be targeting building i.e during the dry season when its really sunny. Also, as per my earlier question, would you be able to provide labour and I provide all materials.

Thanks.
Dry season is better but building materials are more expensive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INTERIOR WALLPAPER AND 3D WALL PANEL / Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja / Families Disagree Over Building Renovation In Lagos - See What They Did (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.