Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (33153 Views)

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
baba_eko: Can I also confirm, Oga Brabus are you a Builder / Engineer / Project manager ?
I will be very interested in the cost once you are ready to reveal it.
Also, please state the season where one should be targeting building i.e during the dry season when its really sunny. Also, as per my earlier question, would you be able to provide labour and I provide all materials.

Thanks.

I'm a builder. The cost? There's nothing stopping me from revealing the cost but I really don't want too much distractions on the thread.
Bros, you can build any time you like.

Sure, I can provide the labour and supervision while you provide ALL materials. Take note of the highlighted word.
I know my guys in the construction world would understand what I mean.

One little secret here is the client promised a "Performance Bonus" if I'm able to deliver the project on schedule.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
On the issue of cost, I want to point it out that we didn't receive a blank cheque for this project. Payments are made as milestones are met.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
The Upper Floor

I have to say that I am satisfied with the progress we're making. I can’t stress enough the importance of hiring an architect who will show you full 3D renderings at design stage. You just can’t get a great feel for what a house is actually going to look like from a few two-dimensional schematic drawings. Below are the view of the upper floor from the documents provided by Master's Touch Studio

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by mmbello2: 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
@Brabus. What will be the plan of this floor(ie number of rooms, toilets etc). Thanks.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
mmbello2: @Brabus. What will be the plan of this floor(ie number of rooms, toilets etc). Thanks.

The upper floor is my favorite plan because it places the family room in a dramatic spot, from a view perspective, without chopping up prime bedroom space.

On the Ground Floor: Porch, Ante room, Rest room, Main Lounge, Dining (open floor plan), Bedroom Four with en suite bathroom, Utility Room, Kitchen, Terrace/Laundry, and a Bonus room underneath the stairwell (more than 6sqm)

On the Upper Floor: Master Bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and en suite bathroom, Bedroom Two with En-Suite Shower Room, Bedroom Three with en suite bathroom, Family room, Private terraces in the family room and master bedroom
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 8:32am On Dec 07, 2012
Greetings to you all this morning from another level. The UPPER LEVEL.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
brabus: Greetings to you all this morning from another level. The UPPER LEVEL.

Wow,good job Brabus,.Money is so good,my is moving very slow but surely,my casting may begin by Next week,hopefully I'll see if d welder 'll finish tommorrow.

Man my Eng is requesting for 120 tons of granite for 6 inches slab of 2 flats 3 bedrooms,I think it's too much,what do u think bro?.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
Today in picture

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
euromilion:

Wow,good job Brabus,.Money is so good,my is moving very slow but surely,my casting may begin by Next week,hopefully I'll see if d welder 'll finish tommorrow.

Man my Eng is requesting for 120 tons of granite for 6 inches slab of 2 flats 3 bedrooms,I think it's too much,what do u think bro?.

Bro, I really can't say if he's asking too much or too little. All I can say is that your project is too slow and I don't think it's funding issue.

If I can remember, you've been talking about the decking even before we began this project. Aren't you supplying the materials again? If you're, then his request shouldn't be an issue except your suppliers aren't sincere with you.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
Thnx bro,
Am not there,I do send money based on his request,.yea it's slow cos he is having 2 projects at d same time.weldone u r doing a great job.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 7:18am On Dec 11, 2012
From Paper to Brick: Quick Update

- Unit 2 block work commences today (11/12/12)
- The carpenters will be getting started on the formwork for the columns, lintels and beams of Unit 1 (11/12/12)
- The iron benders will also get started today on Unit 1
- Expected completion of block works and tank slab of Unit 1 is NEXT Friday (14/12/12)

Building Tip: When you're building a new house, it is best to organise an independent Building Inspector to inspect the critical stages of the project (the formworks, the reinforcement, the concrete mix, the structural elements etc) to make sure that the build is going well so that you don't end up building another tower of Pisa or make the headlines.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 7:24am On Dec 11, 2012
We're ROOFING this house. The client says "it's either this or better"

More updates on roofing stage later.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 7:31am On Dec 11, 2012
From Master's Touch Studio

Here's the ROOF PLAN

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:27am On Dec 11, 2012
There's something new everyday. Here's the present look of the house.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 9:30am On Dec 11, 2012
And this

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by palam: 9:33am On Dec 11, 2012
Upper floor plan pls
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 10:06am On Dec 11, 2012
Happening Now: Carpentary works

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 11:54am On Dec 11, 2012
Our staircase design. We didn't just do anything. We have a design.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2012
Staircase

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
Carpentary Work in progress

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by mmbello2: 9:45am On Dec 12, 2012
@Brabus. Pls can you show us the upper floor plan of ur building so that we can visualise and follow u properly . Thanks very much.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
Rain Delay

In today’s construction market, it’s rare to find a construction contract without a delay. Today is ours and it is RAINing.

This is an event that we didnt anticipate. Site closed for today
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by ihebrooke(m): 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
Well done bro. Your house is coming out fast and good.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
ihebrooke: Well done bro. Your house is coming out fast and good.

Thanks for your support at all time. Meanwhile, here's the pic of the house you help design.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
mmbello2: @Brabus. Pls can you show us the upper floor plan of ur building so that we can visualise and follow u properly . Thanks very much.

I'll upload the upper floor later this week.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 2:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
Happening Now

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by segcymoor(m): 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
Brabus..I must confess u ve good workers...d blocksetting!

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 11:49pm On Dec 13, 2012
Where are we today?

I'm shopping for the roofing stage. Planks will be delivered on site tomorrow. Pic updates tomorrow.
Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
Happening Now: Wood Sorting and Treatment

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 10:50pm On Dec 16, 2012
It's been a while since my last update and a lot of things have transpired. We've completed the block work on Unit 1; treated all woods; do all the rough fix and installations. We are also preparing for the finishing stage.

Here are pics from the site.

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2012
Checking out the Sample Window

Pic 1: View from the Kitchen
Pic 2: External View of the sample Window

Re: From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities by brabus(m): 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
FROM PAPER TO BRICK

In just 41 days, we've turned dream into reality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja / INTERIOR WALLPAPER AND 3D WALL PANEL / Families Disagree Over Building Renovation In Lagos - See What They Did (pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.