Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,387 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (27059 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
i think we all agree there's no absolute morality without God and relativism is unlivable.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt: i think we all agree there's no absolute morality without God and relativism is unlivable.

thank you jo.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt: i think we all agree there's no absolute morality without God and relativism is unlivable.

We all agree that your comment is nonsensical. wink
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
frosbel:

thank you jo.

Sharaap.

You christians that cant even decide whether Jesus is god or not. You arent even sure who your god is and you want to tell us about his morality?

Fail
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Guy, did you fail maths? Percentage is a proportion. 21% of anything is a small part of that thing. 21% of atheist is not high, it remains 21% of atheists.

Or are you saying that 21% of atheists is a higher proportion than 21% of christians? Better start using your brain. They are the same proportion irrespective of the total figure

That's a lie. When you consider the proprortions it is a larger amount of the atheists that are getting divorced than the Christians. The atheists make up 21% of the divorce rates for the ENTIRE population. Note that atheists make up about 10% or so per cent of the US population. Sorry dude but your atheists aren't doing so well maritally.

Logicboy03: Hitler was an evolutionist? lol.....What is that supposed to mean? That Hitler was no a christian?

It means that a belief in evolutionary ideals and not Christianity drove Hitler to commit what he did commit. Eat that.

Logicboy03:
Atheism is not an ideology. It is a simple theological stance on the belief in god. Communism/Marxism on the other hand...

Atheism is an ideology. There are many books that expound on the ideologies of atheists one of which is a world without religion.

Logicboy03:
Anti-religion is not the same as atheism. Get a brain. If an atheist is anti-religious, it does not mean atheists are anti-religious. Criticisng the excesses of religion doesnt make one anti-religious.

But anti-religion comes with atheism. The thing about excesses is that they are not so easily defined. I wonder because some atheists have very loose definitions of what is an excess of religion eg criticizing the baptism of infants.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Sharaap.

You christians that cant even decide whether Jesus is god or not. You arent even sure who your god is and you want to tell us about his morality?

Fail

Whatever differences we Christians have , I consider all of them my brothers.

Most important thing is that we believe in the ONE and ONLY creator Yahweh and his SON Jesus Christ our Messiah.

Now I tell you again as I have in another thread, GOD does not exist get over it, you may just find another channel to dissipate your anger and or frustrations.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2012
Uyi Iredia: .

That's a lie. When you consider the proprortions it is a larger amount of the atheists that are getting divorced than the Christians. The atheists make up 21% of the divorce rates for the ENTIRE population. Note that atheists make up about 10% or so per cent of the US population. Sorry dude but your atheists aren't doing so well maritally.

Fail.....Epic fail.....seriously, just stop embarrassing your ignorance of basic mathematics. 21% of atheists and not 21% of the entire population.

Christians divorce more. Suck it.

It means that a belief in evolutionary ideals and not Christianity drove Hitler to commit what he did commit. Eat that.

Lol....evolutionary ideals?? WTF? Seriously

Wow, evolution is now the reason the Hitler killed Jews grin grin grin grin Did you type this fairy tale with a straight face?

Atheism is an ideology. There are many books that expound on the ideologies of atheists one of which is a world without religion.

Fail....atheism is simply the disbelif in god

But anti-religion comes with atheism. The thing about excesses is that they are not so easily defined. I wonder because some atheists have very loose definitions of what is an excess of religion eg criticizing the baptism of infants.

Fail....anti religion can come with anything.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
frosbel:

Whatever differences we Christians have , I consider all of them my brothers.

Most important thing is that we believe in the ONE and ONLY creator Yahweh and his SON Jesus Christ our Messiah.

Now I tell you again as I have in another thread, GOD does not exist get over it, you may just find another channel to dissipate your anger and or frustrations.

OUCH....

Frosbel not nice
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
you and who agreed? So many clowns full nairaland o!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

OUCH....

Frosbel not nice

don't mind the clown. He was waiting for us to bed. He will then summon all his fellow hounds...ijawkid etal, to surreptitiously plant their evil seedy comments, such that by the time we're awake by the morrow, the page will have reached 30 pages...full of ad baculum stuffs...ish!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: don't mind the clown. He was waiting for us to bed. He will then summon all his fellow hounds...ijawkid etal, to surreptitiously plant their evil seedy comments, such that by the time we're awake by the morrow, the page will have reached 30 pages...full of ad baculum stuffs...ish!

They failed yesterday.

They will fail again! grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 11:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Fail.....Epic fail.....seriously, just stop embarrassing your ignorance of basic mathematics. 21% of atheists and not 21% of the entire population.

Christians divorce more. Suck it.

Apparently I was wrong on the population thing but luckily it still doesn't topple my theory. You see a 21% divorce rate for a small group of people compared to a 27% divorce rate for a large Christian population is still pretty bad for the atheists. That is if you consider the proportions.

Logicboy03:
Lol....evolutionary ideals?? WTF? Seriously

Wow, evolution is now the reason the Hitler killed Jews grin grin grin grin Did you type this fairy tale with a straight face?

Yes it is. Maybe you don't know this but Darwin's theory of natural selection heavily influenced Nazism. And yes I typed ths fact with a straight face.

Logicboy03: Fail....atheism is simply the disbelif in god

If it was we wouldn't have books expounding on the philosophy of atheism.

Logicboy03: Fail....anti religion can come with anything.

What kind of stup1d reply is this ?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 11:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: you and who agreed? So many clowns full nairaland o!

grin grin even if God came down you will still not believe cheesy you're like a criminal looking for a cop (of course that's irony if i guessed right)
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 11:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

We all agree that your comment is nonsensical. wink

grin grin grin why wouldn't it be?
hmm i wonder
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

grin grin even if God came down you will still not believe cheesy you're like a criminal looking for a cop (of course that's irony if i guessed right)

If there is evidence for god, I would believe in him. But there is none
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

Lmao! If your god came down, i'd be the first to strangle him. Fortunately for you, your yeye god is mere fiction. (tongue out) Dooor!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by MrAnony1(m): 11:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lol, interesting. I'm joining this a bit late and no I have not bothered to read through the thread, I have only read the OP. A few questions I would like to be answered succintly though.............

Logicboy03: Considering the discrimination that atheists receive in many countries, one would think that we are some kind of devilish cult that sacrifice babies to our demon overlord. However, we can see that it is not quite so as many atheists live their lives peacefully. Many religious people say that atheists are immoral and dont want to have any responsibility for their actions. But is it so? Let us review some certain facts in this current time we are living in;
What exactly is morally wrong with sacrificing babies to a demon overlord?

a) Do unto others, as you would want to be done unto you;

Currently, atheists face discrimination by both christians and muslims in very religious countries. Take any sharia country where sharing atheism is met with either an arrest or death(http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2012/06/20126146135415374.html). Take religious countries like the USA where the military has widespread discrimination against atheists (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/26/us/26atheist.html?pagewanted=all).

With all these cases of discrimination, do atheists retaliate? Lets look at Britain or many European countries that have a lot of atheists living with religious people. Do the atheists in these very secular countries discriminate in a widespread manner against the religious in general? No. You will be very hard pressed to find cases where a religious person was discriminated against by an atheist just for being a religious person.
Why should I treat people as I want to be treated when it is much easier to manipulate them into treating me as I want to be treated?

b) Sancticty of Marriage/Family

-Atheists divorce less than christians in America
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-03-14-divorce-christians_N.htm

-Honor killing of wives/daughters is not an atheist thing, it happens mostly in muslim and South Asian communities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

-First cousin marriage is not an atheist thing, rather it is more likely to happen in some Christain (LDS sects) and certain muslim societies
What is so sacred about marriage anyway?

c) Equality of women

-Wife beating is permitted in some interpretations of the Quran and hadith (Christian and atheists generally condemn this act.....impossible to find a pastor or an atheist debater that condones wife beating unlike some clerics/imams)
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/3683071/Lessons_in_how_to_beat_your_wife/

-Positions in organisations; Christains and muslims are now changing to adopt women as imams or priests. However, there are till conservatives that feel that this should not. There is no reason why atheists/secular humanists should be against women in leadership positions in organisations.
Equality of women? Says who?

d) Violence;

I dont even have to talk too much grin grin grin grin

-All I will say is that the most peaceful countries (top 10 on the peace index) have a high percentage of atheists and also have a falling number in church attendance. There is no muslim majority or sharia country in the top 10 peaceful countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings

-Atheists dont blow up skyscrapers or abortion clinics or churches.
Why is human life sacred?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 11:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

There is evidence for him. How else did life come about.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

historical evidence of Jesus's death and Resurrection?....the persecution of the apostles and those who claimed to have seen Jesus risen from the dead by the Romans? the complex language that serves as the basic unit for life and passing of traits(DNA)?

what is the purpose of your existence, what is the evidence that what you're living for is reliable to inform you about how you got here and where your going.

if you truly seek him you will find him, you don't dictate to strangers how you would like them to introduce themselves to you because it's arrogant, you have to humble yourself and let them do you the pleasure of letting you who they are.............i hereby encourage you to read the gospels of matthew, mark, luke and john with an open mind
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Apparently I was wrong on the population thing but luckily it still doesn't topple my theory. You see a 21% divorce rate for a small group of people compared to a 27% divorce rate for a large Christian population is still pretty bad for the atheists. That is if you consider the proportions.

Fail!

There are in percentages in the first place to have a proportional and direct comparison. Dumbazz

The percentages mean only one thing- christians divorce more.

Uyi Iredia:
Yes it is. Maybe you don't know this but Darwin's theory of natural selection heavily influenced Nazism. And yes I typed ths fact with a straight face.

Fail....."God with us"...was written on the belts of Nazis.

Natural selection is not an ideology, is a commonly known fact. Fail.

Uyi Iredia:
If it was we wouldn't have books expounding on the philosophy of atheism.

Fail......We also have health philosophy but it doesnt mean that it is a religion. There is philosophy about many things.

Use your brain

Uyi Iredia:
What kind of stup1d reply is this ?

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 11:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: Lmao! If your god came down, i'd be the first to strangle him. Fortunately for you, your yeye god is mere fiction. (tongue out) Dooor!

that was what they said during the time of Noah.....but death will come and you will know there more to life than just the physical
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

historical evidence of Jesus's death and Resurrection?....the persecution of the apostles and those who claimed to have seen Jesus risen from the dead by the Romans? the complex language that serves as the basic unit for life and passing of traits(DNA)?

what is the purpose of your existence, what is the evidence that what you're living for is reliable to inform you about how you got here and where your going.

if you truly seek him you will find him, you don't dictate to strangers how you would like them to introduce themselves to you because it's arrogant, you have to humble yourself and let them do you the pleasure of letting you who they are.............i hereby encourage you to read the gospels of matthew, mark, luke and john with an open mind

Witchdoctors and villagers also claim to see people flying. Doesnt make it true.

People dont come back from the dead, especially after 3 days. Scientific fact.

Dna is not proof of god. It is proof of evolution. Evolution says that man evolved from other animals. The bible lies that man was created from dust
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 11:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

There is evidence for him. How else did life come about.
is that your evidence? Smh
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

that was what they said during the time of Noah.....but death will come and you will know there more to life than just the physical
o.k. I've heard u. Now, will u let me continue with my meal^^^hisses^^^
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 11:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Witchdoctors and villagers also claim to see people flying. Doesnt make it true.

People dont come back from the dead, especially after 3 days. Scientific fact.

Dna is not proof of god. It is proof of evolution. Evolution says that man evolved from other animals. The bible lies that man was created from dust

tell me what the apostles gained from proclaiming they saw the risen Jesus? as supposed to the witch doctor that claimed to have seen flying people

evolution explains the possibility, the process of humans evolving from other organism it doesn't explain the origin DNA, man do you even how complex a DNA molecule is and how they are densely packed into nucleus of cells??

because it is appointed for a man to die once,but in the case of Jesus, he rose up from the dead because God the supernatural being interfered and altered nature........if you can not believe the eye witness accounts of the apostles how can you take any historical person or event serious?

of course you will always look for excuses, that's why, there's no more to it grin
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Fail!

There are in percentages in the first place to have a proportional and direct comparison. Dumbazz

The percentages mean only one thing- christians divorce more.

That's a facile conclusion. The Christians are more so its not surprising that their divorce rates are higher than the atheists. HoweverN considering them both in proportion the atheists are doing badly because they have a divorce rate that's approximately the same with the Christians.

Logicboy03: Fail....."God with us"...was written on the belts of Nazis.

Natural selection is not an ideology, is a commonly known fact. Fail.

So what ? That doesn't change the fact that they borrowed some of their ideals from Darwin's theories. Natural selection is a fallacy. A fallacy of reification. Nature is a classification, it couldn't possibly select.

Logicboy03: Fail......We also have health philosophy but it doesnt mean that it is a religion. There is philosophy about many things.

Use your brain

Use your brain. Atheism is an ideology. It has ideals.

Logicboy03:

tongue
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 12:00am On Nov 05, 2012
You enter a church, pastor and 'high' members sit on a neatly deluxe handy furniture, with beautiful tiles on its floor...their own fan is special...sometimes the 'typhoon' series...blowing bliss...and there is the congregation...sitting helplessly on a wooden bench...or at a richer clime, a shabby plastic chair...often white...on just a concrete floor...or at poorer clime, just a sandy ground...poor ventilation...no air...worshipping god in utter discomfiture...and you see all these...as daily norm of any standard church...and you still wonder...what arrant morality? Then you appreciate you are an atheist...
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

That's a facile conclusion. The Christians are more so its not surprising that their divorce rates are higher than the atheists. HoweverN considering them both in proportion the atheists are doing badly because they have a divorce rate that's approximately the same with the Christians.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Wow....ignorance of basic maths. No need to argue with you anymore, you are just repeating nonsense to save face

Uyi Iredia:
So what ? That doesn't change the fact that they borrowed some of their ideals from Darwin's theories. Natural selection is a fallacy. A fallacy of reification. Nature is a classification, it couldn't possibly select.

Nonsense again. No need to argue. Natural selection is a fallacy? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Uyi Iredia:
Use your brain. Atheism is an ideology. It has ideals.

tongue

Atheism is an ideology? lol you have gone bonkers lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 05, 2012
tevinsolt:

tell me what the apostles gained from proclaiming they saw the risen Jesus? as supposed to the witch doctor that claimed to have seen flying people

evolution explains the possibility, the process of humans evolving from other organism it doesn't explain the origin DNA, man do you even how complex a DNA molecule is and how they are densely packed into nucleus of cells??

because it is appointed for a man to die once,but in the case of Jesus, he rose up from the dead because God the supernatural being interfered and altered nature........if you can not believe the eye witness accounts of the apostles how can you take any historical person or event serious?

of course you will always look for excuses, that's why, there's no more to it grin

sad sad

Where am I going to start with this ignorance?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by tevinsolt: 12:12am On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

sad sad

ignorance u say?........just so you know i'm a bioscience major in the uni, and i know every single thing i'm talking about.......just like i said even if God reveal himself to you, you will continue in your ways
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 12:17am On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

sad sad

is it really necessary?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 12:20am On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Wow....ignorance of basic maths. No need to argue with you anymore, you are just repeating nonsense to save face

Nonsense again. No need to argue. Natural selection is a fallacy? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Atheism is an ideology? lol you have gone bonkers lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It seems you're tired of debating with me and want to quickly end our discussion. That said I must say that you're lazy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Bisi Alimi Blasts Apostle Suleman: An Adulterer Who Gives Your Girlfriend Head / Was There A World Before Genesis 1? / Apsotle Suleman Donates N1m To Pastor Who Runs A Widow's Ministry, He Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.