Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

What Am I Getting Myself Into? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Am I Getting Myself Into? (2322 Views)

Why Am I Getting Too Much Pm's From Nairaland Ladies / Am I Getting Frigid? / Am I Getting Too Old Already? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
I will try to keep this brief. There was the lady i was "toasting" a long time ago who was always giving me conflicting signals. One minute she's game, the next she's all about the " i don't really need a man in my life" trip. Sometime in January, she was in her "am into you" phase and we went on a date and ended up visiting her friend after hanging out. This friend of hers is someone she's known since their university days and they are quite close and happens to leave very close to my date's home.Months went by,she started tripping again, moved away from her old residence( i got to know this through her friend), so i moved on with my life. Last week, her friend buzzed me on Facebook( i added her months ago and we chatted just once online; that was when she told me about her friend changing residence) and we got talking and asked her out on a date and she willingly accepted. We hung out at a really nice restaurant with a pool table and I even taught her how to shoot pool and we both had a great time. She and I have been conversing on BBM and i feel she's really digging me just as I'm digging her. My fears are " am i getting the wrong signals here? is she just being nice to a friend or really hoping that something more can come out of this? She sleeps over at "my dates" place during the week days because its closer to her office and comes home to her own place during the weekends.I don't want to be the one to come between an old friendship but i can't deny the fact that this lady and i have an attraction and share common interests and i am this close to telling her how i really feel about her.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Ariyke: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
it's definately going to affect their friendship cus u dated the first lady if nt for long.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by UjSizzle(f): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
She's hitting on her friend's on and off date. Lots of trouble there my friend....RUN. The moment 'indecisive' friend realises 'sharp girl' friend is chilling with you, she'll come back full force. Trust me you don't wanna stand between two friends competing for your affection no matter how ego boosting it is.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by frank317: 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
I don't see why u are confused here. If u like her ask her our and stop acting like u didn't suck ur mama breasst. If u were really bothered about her friendship wit her friend, why did u ask her out on a date at first? Why did u have a good time wit her.
Its high time u kids know that live is to short and stop all these break, push, start and quench attitude.
No wonder the other girl never took u serious

5 Likes

Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by 190theclown: 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
Continue with the-new project from when the-old one stopped

Life is too-short

1 Like

Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
Like you said she was indecisive but i really like her friend. Did I forget to mention that I had been asking this girl out since she finished High school and i was fresh out of college waiting to go for my youth service(nearly ten years ago)? She said no back then because she thought i was trying to take advantage of her but at the time i was just looking for someone i could actually grow with and i saw in her some nice qualities plus our families go way back so i know the kind of home i was getting myself into. From the get go, i had wanted courtship, not some time wasting, going no where relationship. Between that period till date, we had dated other people, i even got engaged but that didn't work out. Now, her friend comes along and she and I have this vibe and am looking at her like the forbidding fruit because of my history with her friend. Is that fair? I NEVER EVEN SO MUCH AS KISSED THIS GAL when we sorta kinda dated angry
uj_sizzle: She's hitting on her friend's on and off date. Lots of trouble there my friend....RUN. The moment 'indecisive' friend realises 'sharp girl' friend is chilling with you, she'll come back full force. Trust me you don't wanna stand between two friends competing for your affection no matter how ego boosting it is.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2012
grin
frank3.16:
I don't see why u are confused here. If u like her ask her our and stop acting like u didn't suck ur mama breasst. If u were really bothered about her friendship wit her friend, why did u ask her out on a date at first? Why did u have a good time wit her.
Its high time u kids know that live is to short and stop all these break, push, start and quench attitude.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by UjSizzle(f): 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
fxtimi: Like you said she was indecisive but i really like her friend. Did I forget to mention that I had been asking this girl out since she finished High school and i was fresh out of college waiting to go for my youth service(nearly ten years ago)? She said no back then because she thought i was trying to take advantage of her but at the time i was just looking for someone i could actually grow with and i saw in her some nice qualities plus our families go way back so i know the kind of home i was getting myself into. From the get go, i had wanted courtship, not some time wasting, going no where relationship. Between that period till date, we had dated other people, i even got engaged but that didn't work out. Now, her friend comes along and she and I have this vibe and am looking at her like the forbidding fruit because of my history with her friend. Is that fair? I NEVER EVEN SO MUCH AS KISSED THIS GAL when we sorta kinda dated angry
'sorta kinda dated' isn't a date. What the hell, go with whoever you want. I still think it could end up being a disaster and all.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
unless you've fukced the first gal, there is no worries here.....go with whoever you feel is best (first gal may be pissed and try to scatter your new r/ship but who cares). so long as each of you know what lays ahead, then ride on!

2 Likes

Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
Haba, girls! girls!! U know d guy has been chyking ur friend and u still went on a date with him, nawa ooo

Did d second girl tell her friend u asked her out on a date and she agreed?? If no, hmmm......

Men will see this huge character flaw and ignore it cos of new p*ussy after y'all will come on NL and complain about Naija chics. Rubbish!
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Mynd44: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2012
MRbrownJAY: unless you've fukced the first gal, there is no worries here.....go with whoever you feel is best (first gal may be pissed and try to scatter your new r/ship but who cares). so long as each of you know what lays ahead, then ride on!
Very true. Unless you slept with the first girl, the friend rule does not apply
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by kunlejazz(m): 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
Shollypopz: Haba, girls! girls!! U know d guy has been chyking ur friend and u still went on a date with him, nawa ooo

Did d second girl tell her friend u asked her out on a date and she agreed?? If no, hmmm......

Men will see this huge character flaw and ignore it cos of new p*ussy after y'all will come on NL and complain about Naija chics. Rubbish!

Sholly, so u think the guy shudnt tolerate/encourage such 'betrayal and character flaw' but what are you going to say about the lady that has been stringing a guy on for almost 10years! I don't think it's a xter flaw really and IMO, if the first lady gets annoyed then she must be an extraordinarily selfish being (of course everyone knows the female gender is d more selfish one, no offense, its a matter of fact). She wants to keep flashing green and red lights till she finally decide to marry some1 else and ditch the age-long stalker. Not good my sister, so not kool

3 Likes

Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by tpia1: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
Thread title sounds like a "nigerian man" thread

Ie one of those " i am dating a nigerian man, is he for real" or "can i go ahead" topics.

Since its not, cant make head or tail of what the op is saying.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
I am a Nigerian man and I have put up a topic of discussion because I need my fellow NIGERIANS to offer their own advise concerning the issue I have raised. I want to believe I have been very simple in my explanation of the whole matter.
tpia1: Thread title sounds like a "nigerian man" thread

Ie one of those " i am dating a nigerian man, is he for real" or "can i go ahead" topics.

Since its not, cant make head or tail of what the op is saying.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
"Character flaw". I never in my wildest dreams believed that am gonna marry a perfect woman because am just as flawed as the next guy Sholly. You call her actions flawed and I TOTALLY respect your opinion on that but am not looking for lil miss perfect or miss right now. I agree with Kunlejazz on this and you know what? I just told the other lady tonight how I really feel about her and she's game. She and I have chosen not to worry over someone who obviously wants to eat her cake,have it and then some. Kunlejazz why u cum dey call me stalker na?lol
kunlejazz:

Sholly, so u think the guy shudnt tolerate/encourage such 'betrayal and character flaw' but what are you going to say about the lady that has been stringing a guy on for almost 10years! I don't think it's a xter flaw really and IMO, if the first lady gets annoyed then she must be an extraordinarily selfish being (of course everyone knows the female gender is d more selfish one, no offense, its a matter of fact). She wants to keep flashing green and red lights till she finally decide to marry some1 else and ditch the age-long stalker. Not good my sister, so not kool
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by bendazum: 3:04am On Nov 07, 2012
frank3.16:

Hmm.Seems you've driven kabu Kabu before.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 07, 2012
Jst make sure u tell her about your past 'on' and 'of' relationship with her friend..but do that after she must have agreed.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 3:31am On Nov 07, 2012
it will affect their friendship, but they just have to work it out like adults
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by bendazum: 4:04am On Nov 07, 2012
Op you're blowing both hot and cold.You don't want to be the one to what?You damn right you're the one to split them and you know it.Infact you don't need an advice except to be ready to take full responsibility.The second girl stays at your girlfriend's place during weekdays. That means your girlfriend is her benefactor. Kinda biting the finger that fed her.Even if you wanted to move on,must it be with her best friend? Don't you have conscience?Sorry I can't join those patting you on the back for a job well done. Mind you, you haven't broken up with your girlfriend yet.As for me I don't trust girls who find it okay to date their friends guy.Faithfulness and loyalty are lacking. If she can do this to her best friend. Be ready for yours at a later date. There's a saying, 'Don't tell me about others because you'll tell others about me'.

1 Like

Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by bendazum: 4:06am On Nov 07, 2012
chidyhels: Jst make sure u tell her about your past 'on' and 'of' relationship with her friend..but do that after she must have agreed.

You no dey sleep? cheesy
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Mynd44: 6:02am On Nov 07, 2012
**yawns**
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by IZUKWU(m): 7:06am On Nov 07, 2012
I deduce from your post that you are after this second girl because you are frustrated with the first girl,you are not sure where you stand with her,most likely you are just an option for her. If a girl is into you ,she will not leave hanging for that long. My advice ,go ahead with the new girl,but tell the new girl ,your history with the first one ,if and when the first girl learns of your r/ship and comes to make trouble ,tell her you got tired of her pranks and decided to move on and that you are sorry that it had to be with her friend.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by 190theclown: 7:33am On Nov 07, 2012
mondi_cheeks: it will affect their friendship, but they just have to work it out like adults

By both planning to-eat his money

Aren't the-girls Nigerians
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by bendazum: 8:17am On Nov 07, 2012
IZUKWU: I deduce from your post that you are after this second girl because you are frustrated with the first girl,you are not sure where you stand with her,most likely you are just an option for her. If a girl is into you ,she will not leave hanging for that long. My advice ,go ahead with the new girl,but tell the new girl ,your history with the first one ,if and when the first girl learns of your r/ship and comes to make trouble ,tell her you got tired of her planks and decided to move on and that you are sorry that it had to be with her friend.

Pranks not Planks
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by chronique(m): 8:26am On Nov 07, 2012
fxtimi: Like you said she was indecisive but i really like her friend. Did I forget to mention that I had been asking this girl out since she finished High school and i was fresh out of college waiting to go for my youth service(nearly ten years ago)? She said no back then because she thought i was trying to take advantage of her but at the time i was just looking for someone i could actually grow with and i saw in her some nice qualities plus our families go way back so i know the kind of home i was getting myself into. From the get go, i had wanted courtship, not some time wasting, going no where relationship. Between that period till date, we had dated other people, i even got engaged but that didn't work out. Now, her friend comes along and she and I have this vibe and am looking at her like the forbidding fruit because of my history with her friend. Is that fair? I NEVER EVEN SO MUCH AS KISSED THIS GAL when we sorta kinda dated angry

Did you say you've been asking her out for 10yrs? Scary!!!!
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by freecocoa(f): 9:19am On Nov 07, 2012
No wonder the first girl didn't take you serious.
You obviously don't know what you want.
Mstcheew.
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by KINGwax(m): 10:03am On Nov 07, 2012
MRbrownJAY: unless you've fukced the first gal, there is no worries here.....go with whoever you feel is best (first gal may be pissed and try to scatter your new r/ship but who cares). so long as each of you know what lays ahead, then ride on!
even if she's fuckd her, at least it was the past
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2012
190-the-clown:

By both planning to-eat his money
Aren't the-girls Nigerians
now we all know the women u go for clown! not every woman is like that
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by 190theclown: 11:29am On Nov 07, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
now we all know the women u go for clown! not every woman is like that

But atleast you all answer the general name -Nigerian girls init tongue
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by ikenna44: 12:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
Weda u f.ucked 1st chic or not...d fact dat u re startin 2 lik d 2nd 1, means u dig her more dan d 1st. Go ahead wit d 2nd 1...u might jst want 2 run it by ha dat u tot u had sumtin wit d 1st chic(if posible, chip it in2 1 of ur chats as a joke).
PS...Unles u intend 2 marry ha...bros...jst chop nd clean mouth...no b world cup...u wan carry am 4 head?! Dude u ve 3 legs...tink wit ur head not ur heart! No feelings 4 bushmeat matter o
Re: What Am I Getting Myself Into? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
KINGwax: even if she's fuckd her, at least it was the past

ikenna44: Weda u f.ucked 1st chic or not...d fact dat u re startin 2 lik d 2nd 1, means u dig her more dan d 1st. Go ahead wit d 2nd 1...u might jst want 2 run it by ha dat u tot u had sumtin wit d 1st chic(if posible, chip it in2 1 of ur chats as a joke).
PS...Unles u intend 2 marry ha...bros...jst chop nd clean mouth...no b world cup...u wan carry am 4 head?! Dude u ve 3 legs...tink wit ur head not ur heart! No feelings 4 bushmeat matter o

you guys have to understand that if he had sex with the first one, then it could be used against him as a way of saying that they were GF/BF, and therefore the 1st girl will have leverage when talking to the first one (aka telling the 2nd gal that they were fucking and thus she should step away).....and since these girls are tight like that, then the only way the 2nd girl could be with this guy would be if she break her friendship with 1st girl. something that would be VERY difficult since 2nd girl needs the help of 1st girl for accomodation during weekdays etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Most Relationships Doesnt Last. / Please I Need Advice,am Loosing The Only Woman I Ever Loved! / Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.