Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

African Nerd - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / African Nerd (61936 Views)

Mosquito Palaver (legend Of The Nerd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ermmmmmm....I know most of you guys want me to get back to the world of the living soon, yall dont like the darkness of Underworld grin grin, but I need to wrap this Underworld/ Tartarus scene up first, it will soon be closed, I promise. It holds some important aspects of the story. Only about two more updates on the the Underworld and I promise to take u back to the world of the living.
gree-die:
quadri..... i miss dat guy. redmoss, wen r u going to write abt him lyk u promised?

black prince is spending a lot of tym in d underworld,wts d situation report on earth? [/b]is he missing or is d timing in both worlds different? lyk say a min here is a day der?
grin
[b]Hehen! I was expecting someone to ask me that!
Here is the answer! Culled from page 6

And BOOOMMMMM!!!!
I am gone. In a flash, a dream-like state, I can hear the voices of the Herculines, I hear them speak to me.
“Black Prince of the Underworld! We have held back the hands of time for your sake! The Mortal world shall remain unmoved until your return”
As for Quadri (Not real name), he is the one that sent me the top up I am using to browse right now grin grin grin...I am not sure about how I'll bring him back, but I'm sure I'll think of something

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
I AM XTSY: OMG,so so creative...cnt belive i'm getting this free,for real
Warlord3000: Frankly..

I know we were someone in the underworld before.. But now getting it mixed_up with back to earth..

Maybe a little more graphical since we aint watching a movie, and we can only interpret to our imagination..

Using lots of everyday "land slang" in the underworld can be a lil confusing..

Just my thought though..

Nevertheless enjoying every bit of it ooo ..

So let's proceed oo.. *winks*
Thank you two for your suggestions and OMGs! grin grin grin
I was thinking the same too warlord!

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Warlord3000(m): 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
Oya .. What are U̶̲̥̅̊ waiting for..
Get us back on the ride joooooooorrr....lol
Re: African Nerd by Veev101: 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
I rili missed diz story. . . Lol,my brother green breath tongue come continue the tori naa
Re: African Nerd by Samxiulee: 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
U ve got to look for something for that quadri guy,back the in the days in ui,av got a roomie like,you need to see the kind of damsels this guy floors.....HOT
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Sorry for this short piece. It was the nearest suspense I could gather grin grin grin
I wake up to the smell of burning wood.
I wake up in a dark cave, a small fireplace lights up the cavern. So this is the famous Tartarus. Heh! Not bad!
I look around the dimly lit cave, it is small and empty. Only a chair in one corner, on the chair was an old woman. I do not see her face, the hood of her crimson robe droops down over her head.
Wait a minute! Crimson robe! She is the witch!
I spring up off my back to my feet. My anger gets a hold of me, but for a moment.
I stab a finger sharply at her.
“You! You were the one that called me here!”, I yell out at her
She doesn’t even move, she just keeps rocking in her chair, her head still kept down, hidden by the hood.
“Don’t you hear me?! You killer! Do you think I fear you?”, I bellow once more at her as I prepare to take one step towards her.
I lifted my right foot into the air, ready to bring it down to the floor once more as I was taking the step.
I have not even dropped my foot, it is still half way into the air, when suddenly I hear the dry creaking of old bones, she swiftly turns up to look at me.
Damn! I was left paralysed by her stare. Angry old eyes, ancient as time itself, they were troubled and turbulent, I could feel the rage of all the oceans within them. Dry withering skin, faded and primitive skin, as if washed with alcohol. Dry eyebrows, long pointed nose, thin wrinkled lips, folded back into her mouth.
Her hands become visible as they throw back the cloak that once covered them, I see two shimmering daggers in her hands. Being playfully rubbed and turned about. And then she speaks, her voice cold and dim, like winter night, forgotten even by Chronus( not Cronus), God of time.
“If them born your Papa well drop that leg!”, she commands.
I swallow one , No! two mouthfuls of my own saliva. My eyes just remain there in the socket, bulging with fear. My Adam’s apple runs about timidly in my throat, up and down it went, like a swing, pushed about by ballessness.
Thank God! Thank God that I know a winch when I see one! If it was some other mumu, they would have just dared the woman and stomped their foot on the ground. Na so person take dey die ooooo!!!
As for me, I just kept my foot hanging in the air. Praying to all the gods I know, praying that they don’t kill me in this place, at least not yet.

4 Likes

Re: African Nerd by pimplucious: 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Nna mehn, Red moss odigua too much! Where u get this talent from? How we go make money with this ur talent?
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
Sam xiu lee: U ve got to look for something for that quadri guy,back the in the days in ui,av got a roomie like,you need to see the kind of damsels this guy floors.....HOT
U sef sabi dem! good! grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2012
pimp_lucious :
Nna mehn, Red moss odigua too much! Where u get this talent from? How we go make money with this ur talent?
two of us posted in the same minute grin grin grin grin
A sign from the gods grin grin grin
oya come pay my bride price......ummmmmm I assume you are a babe oooo undecided
****Praying she is a babe and not a guy*******
Re: African Nerd by Warlord3000(m): 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
smiley =)) =)) I don Lafffº°˚=)) =)) ˚°º≈GIVEº°˚ ˚=)) =)) °º≈BOKO HARRAMº°˚ ˚ºUR HOUSE ADDRESS°˚ ˚°º~   ...

Now these last piece and the last paragraph is definitely a funny classic..

Thank God say U̶̲̥̅̊ sabi ur mate and U̶̲̥̅̊ no try show ur Dark Prince stunt to madam winch ooo...lol
Re: African Nerd by pimplucious: 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
Redmosquito:
two of us posted in the same minute grin grin grin grin
A sign from the gods grin grin grin
oya come pay my bride price......ummmmmm I assume you are a babe oooo undecided
****Praying she is a babe and not a guy*******

Oboy, I be man o and my Johnny huge pass that monster own... E be like say foxy_rebirth na female. Ask her she fit pay ur bride price.
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
pimp_lucious :

Oboy, I be man o and my Johnny huge pass that monster own... E be like say foxy_rebirth na female. Ask her she fit pay ur bride price.
Foxy?! Na guy oooo!! na badt guy sef! Eya! so u be man! Ehn! U be my nigga then! grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 4:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Warlord3000: smiley =)) =)) I don Lafffº°˚=)) =)) ˚°º≈GIVEº°˚ ˚=)) =)) °º≈BOKO HARRAMº°˚ ˚ºUR HOUSE ADDRESS°˚ ˚°º~   ...

Now these last piece and the last paragraph is definitely a funny classic..

Thank God say U̶̲̥̅̊ sabi ur mate and U̶̲̥̅̊ no try show ur Dark Prince stunt to madam winch ooo...lol
If u mix water and Garri, Water must find him level grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by greedie1(f): 4:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
so black prince dey fear? he for drop d foot nah cheesy grin grin grin..
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
gree-die:
so black prince dey fear? he for drop d foot nah cheesy grin grin grin..

Drop wetin?! shocked Abeg oooo!!! grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by armadeo(m): 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
Well well well. I must say am very impressed with this story. Started it last night and I just finished. I love the interplay btw greek mythology and naija. Also the best part is ur sense of humour. Kudos. Keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
If u have any questions pls dont hesitate to ask ooooo!!!
I will try my best to answer without spilling too much details, it wont be good for you to read a story blindly
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by pimplucious: 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
Redmosquito:
Foxy?! Na guy oooo!! na badt guy sef! Eya! so u be man! Ehn! U be my nigga then! grin grin grin grin

Correct guy. We suppose link up make we go drink alomo, paraga, opaeyin and jedi jedi for one joint. I for give u garri too but I dey fear u fit go change come scatter the place so no garri for u sorry grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by laykhorn(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
Redmosquito:
I was getting bored with staying at home, we are on a long break. Most of my guys are busy enjoying life. I am forced to stay home and read. At first I read two medical books fnish. Yes! Two!! shocked shocked shocked shocked It was that long and bad. I got tired of Isaac Asimov, And then I wrote Talamons:Breakers of time, after a while that generated no traffic and so I took a break and came back to write this. I actually owe the supernatural twist to Micki, I never planned it like this. And then the rest of the crew tied me to the driver seat, they said I must not stop. Their juju was strong. shocked grin grin
not only you o0o.. I am suppose to have resumed back in Early November but I regret to tell you I havent resumed back til this very moment. We are to resume bak on Jan14 though.. Enjoy your time off. It can be boring but you can judiciously use the vacation to make alot of progress in ur vocation. What year are you if I may ask? **follow back**
Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
Im still very impressd by u....,
Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
So far great work Red moss,my imagination has been in overdrive since the beginning of the story,i'm literally seeing what ur writing(Ur herculine is damn beautiful)
BUT,a little more detail in the enviroment according to what u SEE will go a long way for an imaginative reader like me cos i've travelled the underworld with black prince,yes all is darkness and now we are in tatarus;any major differences.
U mentioned Iyana Ipaja...where exactly does he live?wat about he's father dead or alive.What type of housing structure?how young is blackprince supposed to be?school/education.
Finally what are blackprince predominant thoughts during his quiet and reflective times.
Re: African Nerd by preciousoz: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hahahahahaha the Guy leg Hang for Air *where all the ijebu garri na?......

Good one redmoss been thinking of the African Nerd all week. Imaginative...
Re: African Nerd by laykhorn(m): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
Xsolutions: So far great work Red moss,my imagination has been in overdrive since the beginning of the story,i'm literally seeing what ur writing(Ur herculine is damn beautiful)
BUT,a little more detail in the enviroment according to what u SEE will go a long way for an imaginative reader like me cos i've travelled the underworld with black prince,yes all is darkness and now we are in tatarus;any major differences.
U mentioned Iyana Ipaja...where exactly does he live?wat about he's father dead or alive.What type of housing structure?how young is blackprince supposed to be?school/education.
Finally what are blackprince predominant thoughts during his quiet and reflective times.
Easy bro.! U wan kill am. Iyana-paja was where he met himself when he was sent back to the world before the witch pick-pocket drain him pocket. Redmoss! Ogbeni u put pipu for heat here o0o..
@Redmoss & Sam, me sef get one Quadri lyk that o0o.. Mad guy lyk d 1 for this story.
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
Xsolutions: So far great work Red moss,my imagination has been in overdrive since the beginning of the story,i'm literally seeing what ur writing(Ur herculine is damn beautiful)

U mentioned Iyana Ipaja...?What type of housing structure?
O boy! See Killer! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Oya make I take am one by one

I was afraid of describing the Underworld and Tartarus in too much detail, I didnt want to delve too much into Horror. I dont want you guys to get put off by the scariness and all. But since you have spoken about that, and you want that, then I will try to give it to you. It would only be right for the Underworld and Tartarus to have respective horrors, I guess
where exactly does he live
I just got off an Okada and this same thought came to my mind as I was suffering through the ride, I will try to bring it up too, as soon as he leaves the Underworld
wat about he's father dead or alive.
I dont know about this one oooo! I dont get to see my father so I dont know how I will portray this. I will most likely never talk of his father till the end
how young is blackprince supposed to be?school/education.
I had it in mind to visit this once but then I dismissed it. I will let out his age and birthday and stuff but I wont delve into his academics, it will only lenghten the story. It is highly unlikely that I'll visit that

In quiet time?! There is no quiet time in his life as for now, the dude is always in rush hour. If there is ever a quiet time, I will try to shine more light on his thoughts
***Runs to drink cold ogogoro**** grin grin grin grin grin
Thank you for the questions ooooo
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
laykhorn:
Easy bro.! U wan kill am. Iyana-paja was where he met himself when he was sent back to the world before the witch pick-pocket drain him pocket. Redmoss! Ogbeni u put pipu for heat here o0o..
@Redmoss & Sam, me sef get one Quadri lyk that o0o.. Mad guy lyk d 1 for this story.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Jabia(m): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
Redmos.... You're currently the best writer i can think of on nairaland. It has taken me 3 days (due to personal time constraints) to read from pages 0-10. On my charts i rank you with guys like acidtalk and sexkillz, peeps whose writing and in-depth thinking i greatlly respect. Off nairaland, i'd place you waaayyy up there with Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka. You might not be an english proffessor but you have excellent communication skills. Perhaps you should consider writing as an alternate income source. Please tryout with suite101.com (hope i got the site right, ask google if i blundered!). You're awesome dude!
Thumbs up!

2 Likes

Re: African Nerd by Warlord3000(m): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
Actually sometimes.. Some things are better left "unsaid" ..that is pertaining to Ayomide aka Black_prince genealogy..

But giving a hint on his age brackets could have helped.. In my own estimation, and since he can afford to pay for generator fuel by himself and basically not doing much at home..(I will say he is btw 19- 23) U̶̲̥̅̊ know the jambite category...lol.

Anyway.. Can't wait to get back to earth and chill out with the dog and the rest of the crew upstairs!! Not forgetting our friend minion oo,, funny cos na the pics of Gollum dey enta my head when I think about him..lol

..Let's ride... Redmoss.. Cos we are with U̶̲̥̅̊ ooo..lol
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
Warlord3000: Actually sometimes.. Some things are better left "unsaid" ..that is pertaining to Ayomide aka Black_prince genealogy..

But giving a hint on his age brackets could have helped.. In my own estimation, and since he can afford to pay for generator fuel by himself and basically not doing much at home..(I will say he is btw 19- 23) U̶̲̥̅̊ know the jambite category...lol.

Anyway.. Can't wait to get back to earth and chill out with the dog and the rest of the crew upstairs!! Not forgetting our friend minion oo,, funny cos na the pics of Gollum dey enta my head when I think about him..lol

..Let's ride... Redmoss.. Cos we are with U̶̲̥̅̊ ooo..lol
You damn got the age bracket right, though its slightly lower than 19 grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Warlord3000(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Thank Goodness.. I can now guess Н☹ω old he is, in order to create his image in my head..

Now I have a 17yr old hero..

Fire ON.. Redmoss...thumbs up *winks*
Re: African Nerd by Warlord3000(m): 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
Movmentish I dey see you ooo! Abeg u be my no 1 fan na! Comment na! grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
I am saved by the sudden entrance of two beings. One a woman the other a man.
I ignore the man, nothing special about him, I feast my eyes on the beauty of the woman.
Voluptuous and ripe, beautiful dark skin, pretty, tight-fitting red dress, shining hair, long and soft. Soft succulent looking lips, small well-placed nose, large eyes, flattering lashes above them.
And then there was the b**bs, high and mighty, like twin atomic bombs, turgid and heavy like radioactive uranium. They were smooth and raised, accentuated by the dress. Her belly was smooth and ran beautifully with the legs. Haaa! The legs, long and graceful, like those of flamingos, the skirt is short enough to show me enough and then the back, firm with young flesh, I just found myself salivating.
Do I need to say it all, I just ogled at it all. Making sure I store every bit of what I saw in my memory banks. Strange! It takes me like an hour to read and fully memorise a page in some books, it took me only ten seconds to fully evaluate this woman, and store her form in my head.
Wow! I can feel my temperature rise as I looked on at the female beauty.
“Do you remember me? Brother! Do you remember me?”, she says in a smooth melodious voice, like the songs of angels.
“Heh!”, those were the only word I could say. Mehn! This babe is hot.
“I am Anchiale! Titan goddess of Heat! Do you remember me?!”, she asks once more
Goddess of heat! Haaa!! No wonder I was feeling hot! Mehn!
“I do not remember!”, I say absentmindedly, I am still hypnotised by her form.
The man who I ignored all along, comes up from behind and pulls me up by my collar.
He pushes his nose up to me, sniffing the air around me.
“He is the one! I feel the mortal life force in his veins!”, he says in my face, but not to me, to the others.
He is huge, muscular and tall. There is a skull hanging around his neck, his fair skin is rough and cold. He has this crude face, like a cruel man.
He throws me to the floor, I land on my bum.
He stares down to look at me.
“You seriously don’t remember me?! Or is it your new mortal form that bars your memory? Me! Iapetus! Titan god Of Mortal Life! Life is cruel?! Remember?!”, he says
I just stare blankly at them. These dudes must be high or something.
“I always knew you were dumb, brother”, he says with a small snicker, “ But never this dumb!”
Soon the old woman in purple stands up, she towers over me as I lay on the floor.
“He doesn’t remember who he is! Hades’ magic is stronger than we thought!”, she says
Suddenly we all jerk our heads towards the entrance of the cave, we sense something. Something approaches us, in the dark outside of Tartarus we hear the screams of a million tortured souls, the grinding of teeth, the wailing of mothers, the cries of babies, the torturous shrieks of fathers. Something evil and powerful approaches. And it is coming big and fast.
The man, what’s his name again?, the man steps forward in front of me, towards the source of the evil, a huge axe suddenly shimmers in his hands. He bends his back and knees under the weight of the axe.
“Damn! I told you we shouldn’t have brought him!”, he says as he readies himself for whatever approaches, ”Now we shall feel the wrath of Hades!”
The old woman and the damsel too stand by his sides; they form a protective arch in front of me.
“Why are you guys afraid?”, I say, “Are you not Titan gods?”
The old woman replies loudly, for the cries of the dead now drowns out all sound.
“We are prisoners of Hades! The realm of Tartarus makes us virtually powerless! Our Jailer approaches!”, she shouts to as she brandished her daggers in wait
“You must try to remember!!”, the pretty damsel adds as she puts her hands together to form a large sword of fire, everywhere suddenly becomes bright and hot as the flame blade burns, but we still do not see the evil yet. The darkness still hides whatever it is that approaches
“That is why we brought you here! You must try to remember who you truly are!”
“Who I am? Why won’t you tell me who I truly am?”, I yell out, for the evil is getting stronger and closer, the noise is getting deafening, the wails of the dead is swallowing us up
“Things don’t go that way! We must not speak! You must find who you are, alone!”, shouts the cruel faced man
NYARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
And then all in one blast, faster than we thought, a black dust engulfs us all, and murderous cries descend on is. I am thrown off my feet by the force of the blast.
The noise is deafening, I put my hands to my ears to block out all the noise, I cannot see anything, all I see is blackness. It takes me a while to notice, but the Evil is the Blackness.
I stagger to my feet, my hands still to my ears, but I still hear the cries and pain. I trip over something, I bend to run one hand over it. It is the axe of Iapetus, I feel a liquid around it. I bring it close to my face. Closer, it is too dark to see.
Nooo!!! It cant be. It is the Ichor, the golden blood of the Immortals.
Suddenly I feel a thousand hands hold onto me, I feel a million nails dig into my flesh. And then something like a rope tightens about my chest, binding my arms together. I am powerless, for all is dark, I don tot see what attacks me, I only hear cries of the daemons and the departed.
And then I see him, in the darkness and noise of Tartarus, I see a face come close to mine, it is Minion’s. I try to wriggle free but I am bound too tight. He moves to my ear, grabs me by the throat, his shiny object floating by his side, and then he says one word in my ear.
Despite the noise and darkness and darkness, I hear him ever so clearly.
“CUT AND PASTE”
GBOOOOMMMMM!!!
We are gone

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Out Of The Blue / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss / Story: A New Dawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.