Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

African Nerd - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / African Nerd (61863 Views)

Mosquito Palaver (legend Of The Nerd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:10am On Dec 25, 2012
Ermm....abeg make una post ur views and suggestions! U guyz may not know it, but I am taking all ur suggestion in my mind, I am looking for how to incorporate them! Abeg! Please forgive my inadequacies, we go on gen throughout tomorrow and we wont go out, hopefully. So I should post many more updates.
And ummmm..........the next update will be the last one where African Nerd is in the underworld, he will go back in the future. But this is will be the last time, for now, that we will see him in the underworld.
Abeg comment na! Na beg I dey beg! Na una dey sponsor me ooo!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:43am On Dec 25, 2012
ARES: Red. He better be on ur mind. Yeah I got a new twist for u, u can morph into a big red mosquito and bite the shiit out of him grin grin hw abt that?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
***Falls from EMpTy HeN aeroplane ****
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:44am On Dec 25, 2012
U-dee:

Redmoss! No vex o, na your fellow mosquitoes wey give me malaria. The throbing headache made it impossible 4 me to read and comment. I'm just catching up, can't believe I'm 5 pages behind. Wow you've really done a great job, I'm really curious about this new being inside our hero. Great twist!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:44am On Dec 25, 2012
sleep has won!
Re: African Nerd by purpinkx(m): 12:49am On Dec 25, 2012
I love your story redmoss ... Funny enough the way you try to spell sound ... Booooom
Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 25, 2012
*shouting*why!why!!why!!! Wud u sweetly stimulate my mind and imagination for so short a time..ARGH!!!
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 12:53am On Dec 25, 2012
Who disturbs my drunken arse... Lol... Dats a wrong word to use here... Bt plz leave it... Itz d spirit of d season
Re: African Nerd by movmentish(m): 12:53am On Dec 25, 2012
Me thinks the nicest way to get outta d situation is minion should offer to strike a deal that's gon send the black prince back to earth to complete his mission and he should be granted 3 wishes by hades (common sense dictates no amount of garri and alomo induced super power abilities can make a mortal defeat hades) and minion should start givn the black prince a whole lotta respect........
And what's the significance of that part where all 3 gods were after him,maybe you should bring that old woman back......
Re: African Nerd by movmentish(m): 12:55am On Dec 25, 2012
Redmosquito: sleep has won!
Oga you too like sleep
Re: African Nerd by Rexphobia(m): 2:12am On Dec 25, 2012
Red...you get plan to ever finish this story?
Re: African Nerd by Warlord3000(m): 5:28am On Dec 25, 2012
Hmmm... Well, we all know that there is no sense in trying to fight the ruler of the Underworld in his own terrain.. Cos that is already a lost battle BUT (maybe when he tries to come to earth!! U̶̲̥̅̊ can give him a dose of his own medicine and Н☹ω it feels being powerless in another realm)... smiley

A coward lives to fight another day *winks*

If U̶̲̥̅̊ can't beat them... Then join them.. Abeg make we go see whatssup with Ayomide on earth for now jare...

Thumbs up... smiley
Re: African Nerd by zubantus(m): 6:03am On Dec 25, 2012
nice one bro, have bin a silent follower, & its safe 2 say dis is my best thread nw on nl, bt pls try & update more often...........all man don wet 4 dis ur story.........happy xmas 2
Re: African Nerd by Samxiulee: 11:04am On Dec 25, 2012
Merry xmas redmoss.....but I hate waiting pls dnt keep us waiting today ooo....bdw I think u should stick to ur imagination,getting different ideas from different ppl might derail the whole storyline,and that shouldn't be the last time he will be in the underworld...we all know he cannot defeat hades.......
Re: African Nerd by Udee1(f): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
Season's greetings y'all! Redmoss I think the nerd should find a way to leave that demon in him behind as he leaves the underworld, probably with the help of Hades. Just a thought grin
Re: African Nerd by nuwell(m): 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
Sam xiu lee: Merry xmas redmoss.....but I hate waiting pls dnt keep us waiting today ooo....bdw I think u should stick to ur imagination,getting different ideas from different ppl might derail the whole storyline,and that shouldn't be the last time he will be in the underworld...we all know he cannot defeat hades.......

True!
Re: African Nerd by olenyi: 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
olenyi: Red, yellow, blue moss,na u biko. i duff my hat for u bro.

Ps. who know wia dis yellow moss live's. We need to do an ''occupy'' things for his place. Dis suspence and excuse of lappy battery dieing, tired, etc is getting out of hand. Guys we need to start occupying something na. Why is it dat he will be in his place sleeping while we all are here keeping vigils, waiting for the next update.

Any winch/wizard in the house lets resurrect tarnatos and cerberus and send him after red moss. They have an axe to grind with him. undecided undecided undecided
Re: African Nerd by olenyi: 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2012
movmentish: Me thinks the nicest way to get outta d situation is minion should offer to strike a deal that's gon send the black prince back to earth to complete his mission and he should be granted 3 wishes by hades (common sense dictates no amount of garri and alomo induced super power abilities can make a mortal defeat hades) and minion should start givn the black prince a whole lotta respect........
And what's the significance of that part where all 3 gods were after him,maybe you should bring that old woman back......

i think this is a good idea. regards
Re: African Nerd by olenyi: 8:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
Still waiting undecided
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2012
olenyi: Still waiting undecided
***sees him, drops goat meat from mouth and begins to type** grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
My hands compress in pain, my shoulder jerk back in dismay. I tumble over ten feet away. My face in the dirt, I try to stand up but I am too weak, my wrists hurt.
Haaaaa!!
I cry out, my cries long and great, laden with agony.
I see Minion, I see him rise, his axe in his hand as he limps towards me.
He comes closer, closer and closer he comes. His axe raised in one hand.
He places his axe to my neck with one feeble hand.
The walls tremble with words
“Minion! Do not kill him! He doesn’t deserve death! Not yet!”, it said and then he paused
Minion takes the axe back, away from my neck. But he still eyes me with eyes of hatred, eyes that hold such despicable thoughts.
“Mortal! I shall give you another chance! But know this, I do not trust you! You are no longer worthy of such! But I still see you of value, no matter how meagre it is!”, it added
“Minion! Take him back to the world of the living!”
Minion looks on and then frowns, I hear a slight growl. He raises one foot.
The last thing I see is a kick, a swift movement of a bloodied, scaly foot to my face. And then all blackens.
I wake up to see myself surrounded by lit-candles, they weakly lit up the huge chamber, I cant even see the walls. All I see are the candle heads, yellowed by the flames. And then I see an old woman, a walking stick in one hand, her clothes white as snow, her face seems so god damn familiar. She doesn’t say anything, she just smiles and walks away.
I quickly follow her, make I no go lorse for here. I hear voices in the distance. Voices I know, voices of Minion and Hades.
I do not see them yet, it is still too dark.
“Excuse me, Mama! Where are we?”, I ask
She doesn’t answer, she just keeps on walking, further into the darkness, and I follow, the voices getting louder and louder.
I hear the voices say
“Dark Lord! He is getting too strong! We must cut him down now! He is remembering! The voice is awakening within him!”
“No! Silence! He is almost there! Soon! Soon, we shall reap his soul! All that power must not be lost”
I listen for some more as I walk on, although I still do not see them
“Master! King of Tartarus! Is it not too risky?! Zeus will know! And he will hunt him down and then come for us!”
“No! He shall not! It would be over before he does! And by then I would have absorbed! Speak of this no more!”
Jesus Christ! What are they talking about?! Reap which soul biko?!
Maybe the old woman will know. So I run forward to tap her in the back.
“Excuse me, ma! What are they talking about? Excuse me ma!”, I call, but she just pauses there, unmoving and cold
And then I proceed to turn her around
The face that meets me scare me to death, the old woman’s face has changed, morphed. Big red eyes, wide big ears, three horns on her forehead, her mouth opened to show fanged teeths, and a roll of weed in her mouth.
I step back in terror, unable to scream or shout.
I just look at her, frozen with fright I was.
And then she speaks.
“You don do amebo finish abi?”, she says, a crude smirk on the ugly face
And then she raises her walking stick, it was heavy, as if it was cut from mahogany .
Haba! Why she dey raise stick? Shebi na she bring me here make I do the amebo na! Why she come dey carry stick na? She wan beat me?
“Goodnight!”, was all she said, right before she lifted her stick into the air and hit me across the cheeks, sending me tumbling to the floor. It was a mighty hit, I was more in surprise than in pain, this old woman?! See how she swung the stick like a twenty year old boxer!
And then as I writhe on the floor, holding my jaws in pain . The woman steps over me, and brings out two curved Hausa daggers, like the one Morlas use to slice suya.
She put her legs over me and sharpens the daggers against each other.
“Oya let me give you IJesha tattoo!”, she says
Ijesha what?!
I shake my head rapidly from side to side with fearful eyes.
“What?! Don’t you want to resemble Naruto?!”, she adds as she bends down to touch my skin with the knife.
Me?! Naruto Tribal mark?! Shey I never worwor reach?!
“NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”, I scream out. And then I jerk awake.
I look left, I see the Plasma TV, I look right, I see the dining set. I look up, I see white ceiling.
I listen for any sounds, I hear chickens crowing and cuckling.
I am back in the world of the living.

2 Likes

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
HEaven knows I have no excuse for breaking my words. But who knew my friends would visit?! grin grin I just finished writing Christmas morning when two of my guys just decided to carry me out! Ermmm...we just strolled around the area and discussed about school till around 9pm this evening, they made my evening interesting jorh grin grin Who will blame them?! Boredom things na die! Christmas just dey there! undecided undecided undecided
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Kunbee: 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
Its getting too long, where are you going with this?

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
Kunbee: Its getting too long, where are you going with this?
Rexphobia: Red...you get plan to ever finish this story?
O boy! I just dey write dey go! I no even look back! I have an end for the story, I already know how it will end but mehn! Is it really that long?! I never noticed oooo!
I dont want to speed up everything, so it wont get muddled up. So I am just writing it at my own pace, I may not be able to shorten it, sorry guys sad. But I am past the middle, it only remains for me to visit GEJ, from there the story will end. The GEJ Chapter might be as long as this as long as this underworld visit, I will resume in like 3 weeks time, but I will the story should end in less than that time.
Th next chapter and some more will just cover life at home, while I try to figure out how to move onto GEJ. Abeg make una no vex! Abeg! sad
grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
I am a fan of Isaac Asimov. If this one is long then Isaac Asimov writes the bible oooo!! shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
Thank all you guys above for your comments and I wish yall a bad christmas angry angry Yall know I'm playing grin grin grin grin
I wish yall all you wish urselves! Women, money, Nepa, ALomo, Weed, this and that! grin grin grin grin
Please comment your mind! grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Warlord3000(m): 5:45am On Dec 26, 2012
There is no way that ur mouth no go give U̶̲̥̅̊ Ijesha-tribal marks sooner than later..

Who say the thing long? Long ke..? Infact na the short updates and the time interval dey vex me oo..

Now Ogbeni Ayomide.. Welcome back to earth and share the goodies U̶̲̥̅̊ bring come ooo... smiley
Re: African Nerd by olenyi: 5:56am On Dec 26, 2012
The story is really coming along fine. Am tripped. But this long breaks are making me forget the beginning of the story.
One needs to piece all the plots and scenes in one's mind. Its just getting all jumbled up with the piece meals we get. undecided
Re: African Nerd by dubem3(m): 6:19am On Dec 26, 2012
Ok squito, you have been doing a nice job
Just keep it up
Na talent.you get so oh
Shey you know?
Just.fire.de.go
Re: African Nerd by preciousoz: 7:42am On Dec 26, 2012
Merry Xmas red moss. Good Job. Please keep updating and even if the story taKes 300 pages, I just keep enjoying it.

Abeg continue joor, I love the twist,turns and suspense.

Enjoy this small meal from me.

grin

Re: African Nerd by dubem3(m): 8:09am On Dec 26, 2012
Eeeeeeeeewwwwwww
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 9:35am On Dec 26, 2012
Precious I dont know what that yellow stuff is(seems like mustard)....But I Love it all tongue tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by preciousoz: 10:32am On Dec 26, 2012
Redmosquito: Precious I dont know what that yellow stuff is(seems like mustard)....But I Love it all tongue tongue grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahaha just taste am first, U will love it. Collabo of SS and SW.
After u chop am finish, give us anoda badt update....

Yellow stuff = Starch.... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply)

Out Of The Blue / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss / Story: A New Dawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.