Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

African Nerd - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / African Nerd (61866 Views)

Mosquito Palaver (legend Of The Nerd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nerd by VanTee20(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2013
Red moss, where art thou? Come phinish the story 4 us na.
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 8:40am On Jan 21, 2013
VanTee20: Red moss, where art thou? Come phinish the story 4 us na.
I'm waiting for Nepa to bring light. I go update today as soon as they do

2 Likes

Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
Loving d story.. Love d way black prince keepz gettn more powerful... Keep making him powerful
Re: African Nerd by lordmassac(m): 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Chai! Xams dey, and I dey hia dey read correct tori.
Re: African Nerd by dubem3(m): 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
lordmassac: Chai! Xmas day, and I dey hia dey read correct tori.

Hello
Re: African Nerd by laykhorn(m): 10:57am On Jan 23, 2013
RedMoss!!! Update Fast before I get my Mortein
seriously, kiakia
Re: African Nerd by Mobsync(m): 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Redmodquito. Where art thee? Frankly speaking, I neva see update 2day Ooo

>>>checks under his chair maybe its dere<<<<

Abi u didn't post anything?
Re: African Nerd by larride(m): 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
*brings in broom to remove all the cobweb in the room*
Is anybody home??
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
“You wish to turn me to stone?!”, I say, “Pitiful! Just pitiful! You still deem me a mortal!”
I unleash a fire within, my eyes glow bright red and then I look again into her eyes, this glow of evil and power about me. She tries to draw away from my gaze, her face contorted in fright.
“NOOOOOOOO!! “, she yells
Too late, She solidifies as I release her from my choke-grip.
CLANG!
She hits the floor. And remains motionless, she is now stone, cold and stiff as granite. I have turned her powers against her, I have looked upon her with the gaze of stone, I have robbed her of life before her own very eyes.
“Being Of Dust! Carved from the sands of Filth! How dare you?!”, the walls suddenly boom.
I turned around me, the whole three sixty degrees, but no one is sight. Only darkness everywhere, even my flame is going out.
The whole darkness grows colder, my breath is already white with cold. My sight going blurred with fear.
I still stand my ground, my club in my right hand. My left hand balled into a fist.
“Hades! Dark Lord Of The Underworld! Reveal yourself!”, I command into the fog of darkness.
Suddenly out of the pit of evil that surrounds me, there is a growl, a quiet proclamation of the greater thing to come.
My feet sunk deeper into the bony floors, they were stuck deeper and tighter, holding me in place.
And then a hand come out of the darkness, holding me by the chest, gripping me in place, with my feet stuck in the bones. The hand was huge, over three feet wide, the skin was black and spiked, it was like mist, foggy like smoke.
And then the body followed itself, out of the darkness, out of the black mist. The body of Hades, his true form.
Over thirty feet in height, he was blackness, nothing but blackness, No! He was more than blackness, he was something worse, like pain and suffering, everything bad, every dark feeling you’ve felt, every pain you’ve suffered, every sorrow you’ve caused, every evil in your soul, it was all stitched within the seams of his form. He was pure blackness, evil unpurified, still retaining all crude doings and corruptions of Hell.
And then he spoke once more, his blackness towering over me, like predator over prey.
“You know not your place! It was Prometheus that gave your kind fire! It was Athena that blessed you with wisdom! It was Zeus that forged you with love! And it is I, that claims all this of you. I am the true holder of mankind! I am the keeper of your souls, you vile wretch! How dare you challenge me! I, Hades! Lord of Souls, Jailer of Titans. First son Of Cronus!”
It was that last word “Cronus!”, that was what jolted me, that was what awakened the monster within, that was what completed the transformation.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
I suddenly go mad with rage and madness of an unknown kind, I pull open my arms, releasing myself from the gigantic hands of Hades. No! It is not me that does these things, it is something within me. I am not me, I am now a different being, a darkness has overcome my senses.
And then I spoke, my voice terrible, a million times more terrible than that of Hades, a voice of power, black power older than time.
“Hades! Foolish first son! You call yourself son of Cronus! I disown you! I hold no such dishonour in my house!!”, as I spoke, No! As the being within me spoke, Hades shifts away in fright and confusion, afraid of what seems to be.
I shine brighter, a million times brighter, my flames blacker, a billion times blacker, No! It is not me, it is the being in me that is at work.
“FOOL! I AM CRONUS! EATER OF GODS! TITAN-KING! SLAYER OF HIS FATHER! KING OF THRONES! LORD OF THE UNIVERSE! I AM CRONUS! BACK TO TAKE MY PLACE! AND SMITE YOU FOOLS!”, the being in me says, terrible in voice, I now float in the air, like a black star, I burn with such dark brilliance, such evil in my veins.
“No! Father! It cannot be!”, Hades says frightfully, “We imprisoned you! It cannot be! We cut you into a million pieces! It cannot be! I was there! I saw it! It cannot………”
“SILENCE! YOU KNOW NOT WHAT POWERS I WEILD! FROM THE DARKNESS I WAS BORN AND BACK THERE I WAS THROWN! YOU KNOW NOT OF MY POWERS! YOU TRIED TO STEAL MY POWERS BY SIPHONING IT INTO THIS MORTAL BODY I NOW WEILD! FOOL! ME AND MY POWERS ARE NOT SEPARATE ENTITIES! I AM ONE WITH MY POWERS! MY POWERS ARE ONE WITH ME! BY RELEASING MY POWERS, YOU RELEASED ME!”, the voice boomed from within me, louder and more terrible with each word.
“No! No matter! I shall still vanquish you! I am King of this realm! My father holds no sway in my domain! I am Lord Of Tartarus! I am Lord Of The Underworld! And the last beams of the Underworld I shall vanquish you! I shall destroy you as done before!”, Hades boomed, this time he spoke from himself, not from within the walls, he raised his black hands to the firmaments and the whole place trembled and shook and there was blackness and there was evil and the powers he wielded came alive in the air of the Underworld.
I raise my hand in challenge.
“HADES! YOU KNOW NOT THE MAGIC OF THY FATHER! I AM CRONUS! FATHER PF TIME! I AM CRONUS! I AM THE MASTER OF THE ELEMENTS! ALL SHALL BOW TO ME! ALL SHALL OBEY ME! NO REALM STAND AGAINST ME!”, the voice said from within me, and suddenly the ceiling crumbled, all the stones that built up the underworld laid to waste, the floors trembled and gave way, swallowing Hades, his gigantic form battered and tattered by the walls of his own Kingdom. No! It is not his Kingdom! It is my Kingdom! No! It is the evil within me that holds this realm.
And then as the place fell apart, there was a loud crash and a thunderous boom and the underworld shook, and Hades fell and I watched on, No! The power within me watched on as Hades fell, and smoke and gore and evil wind and pain engulfed the air and the screams of Hades were thick as diamonds and pierced my ears.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
He cried as he tumbled and came to lie on his belly, his form now nothing more than that of a old man, beaten and sore, broken in every place. A huge pile of rocks over his back, only his head above the rubbles of his world.
I stretch out my hands to him. No! The evil within me does so! It stretches forth my hand towards the battered form of Hades.
And the rubbles give way, as if pushed away by some telekinetic force of mine.
And I held Hades with the power of my mind, I pulled him up with one gesture of my hand, without touching him still, I pulled him up from the rubble where he lay, it is the power of my mind that controls him. No! It is the power of the being within me that controls him.
Hades floats in front of me, face down, clothes torn, bloody with Ichor, golden blood of the gods.
I touch his face and bring his gaze upon mine.
“SON! YOU THINK GODS KNOW NO DEATH? NO! GODS KNOW THE PAIN OF DEATH! IT HAS ONLY BEEN THAT NOONE HAS BEEN STRONG ENOUGH TO SHOW IT TO YOU! I ATE YOU ONCE! WHEN YOU AND YOUR BROTHERS WERE BORN! I ATE YOU AND THEM! AND NOW! I SHALL DO IT AGAIN!”, the power within me said.
And then it opened my mouth, the power that now holds me, and Hades cried as he fell into me.
“NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!”, he let out a last terrible cry and was gone into my mouth, imprisoned in my belly, like ogbono and eba, just like that.
And then I looked upon the destruction I had caused, No! It wasn’t me that looked, it was the power within me that looked around at the broken realm of Hades.
And I beckoned on my brothers, my sisters, my Titan-brethren.
“AWAKEN, MY BROTHERS. YOUR LORD HAS RETURNED!”, the voice within me commanded.
And then they came forth, the titans I knew, the titans who were broken and cast away into the pit of Tartarus, they came forth. The lot of them. I see Anchiale, Titan goddess of heat, I see Iapetus, Titan god of Mortal Life, I see the old woman with the daggers, she is Tethys, Titan goddess of the Sea and many more of my brothers awaken from their slumber, free from their chains and away from the grieve of Tartarus.
I look around, No! The power within me looks around at its brothers and it smiles.
“THE WAR IS AWAKENING!”, the power shouts from within me, his voice terrible and cold as he yells out.
AWOOOOOOOO!!! AWOOOOOO!!!
The Titans retaliate his shouts with their own chants of affirmation.
And then thunder boomed above, lighting struck. And I smiled, No! The power within me smiled. Zeus is awake, he knows what powers have been awakened, he knows that Tartarus is broken, he knows that Cronus is back. I am Cronus, we are one, I and Cronus, born as one, in one body, Cronus is me, body and soul.
And I look up at the bolts of lightning and I smile a bitter smile, the war has come, the tides have turned.
Time to reclaim my throne as Lord Of The Universe.
I am the Black Prince.
I am the African Nerd.
I am the Father of All.
I am the Eater of gods.
I am Cronus.

THE END

15 Likes

Re: African Nerd by Feraz(m): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Guess I'm way behind....how body....then again....it seems like you have a spouse called white mosquito....hehehehehehe
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
Thank you very much guys! It was you guys that moved this story to completion! I dedicate this last piece to yall. I wrote it with a broken heart but thats what makes me like t more. My sincere gratitudes! Thank you all very much! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Thank you!
Peace!

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 11:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
The story don end?
I tynk say na 2014 e go end angry

But Redmoss, d tin wey u do Hades no gud oh(eba and ogbono soup) grin
Re: African Nerd by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 11:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
On a more serious note....
Kudos to u....t'was a very interesting piece..

More alomo to your mouth...Iseeee cool

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
Oluwafunmilayo95: The story don end?
I tynk say na 2014 e go end angry

But Redmoss, d tin wey u do Hades no gud oh(eba and ogbono soup) grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thank you for following me to the end! Thank you! grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 11:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
Redmosquito: grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thank you for following me to the end! Thank you! grin grin
You're welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 24, 2013
Seriously i don't know what to say than 'THANK YOU' red moss..ur a brilliant imaginative and creative writer...hmmm,u should really consider the Idea i sent u some time back.
I believe ur gift is beyond just writing a hot story on nairaland and having 10000 + readers and viewers...
Nevertheless i look forward to reading more of ur stuff.
*Bows head and clasps palms together like a Japanese monk* ARIGATO...
Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:05am On Jan 24, 2013
Xsolutions: Seriously i don't know what to say than 'THANK YOU' red moss..ur a brilliant imaginative and creative writer...hmmm,u should really consider the Idea i sent u some time back.
I believe ur gift is beyond just writing a hot story on nairaland and having 10000 + readers and viewers...
Nevertheless i look forward to reading more of ur stuff.
*Bows head and clasps palms together like a Japanese monk* ARIGATO...
Cheers!!!
*Bows head too*
Kunichuwon .....watever that means!
Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 24, 2013
Redmosquito:
*Bows head too*
Kunichuwon .....watever that means!
Hehe..Japanese for Hi/How are you...

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:09am On Jan 24, 2013
Xsolutions:
Hehe..Japanese for Hi/How are you...
U sha get the idea! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 24, 2013
Redmosquito:
I got it sha...
Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 24, 2013
Redmosquito:
I got it sha...
So when can i expect more stories...or is one u have previously written we don't know bout...u can post links
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:17am On Jan 24, 2013
Xsolutions:
I got it sha...
So when can i expect more stories...or is one u have previously written we don't know bout...u can post links
Nope! THis is my first complete story, this is also the second story I've ever attempted.
This was my first! Time of The Talamons
Re: African Nerd by Obinnau(m): 12:18am On Jan 24, 2013
redmos! I doff my hat for you. Though i wont call u the master of creativity but u look just like one. I can never thank u well enough for ur wonderful story which helped me through boredom. Kudos and cheers. Infact u will pass those ur exams.

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:20am On Jan 24, 2013
Obinnau: redmos! I doff my hat for you. Though i wont call u the master of creativity but u look just like one. I can never thank u well enough for ur wonderful story which helped me through boredom. Kudos and cheers. Infact u will pass those ur exams.
grin grin grin grin grin ISEEEEEE!!
Re: African Nerd by preciousoz: 12:23am On Jan 24, 2013
Good job Redmoss...... Good one.

Note: with this beautiful piece, U just increased your kidnap value grin

Love to read more stories from ya.

Obrigado
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:27am On Jan 24, 2013
preciousoz: Good job Redmoss...... Good one.

Note: with this beautiful piece, U just increased your kidnap value shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

Love to read more stories from ya.

Obrigado
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
No worry na! My joystick still dey na! grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 24, 2013
Redmosquito:
Nope! THis is my first complete story, this is also the second story I've ever attempted.
Are you serious...okaaaayyy.
Hmmm,'Time of the Talamons'...another story by Red Mosquito(Not real name though)...
*Zooms off on rocket powered skateboard* VROOOOOOOOMM!!!

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Ollyfad(f): 12:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Redmosquito:
trillions of luv moss 4 completin dis story.will read tym of d talamons bt b ready 2 finish dat if we start readin o

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Feraz(m): 1:48am On Jan 24, 2013
hmmmmmm!!! nice.... arigato gozaimasu!!! grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by larride(m): 5:25am On Jan 24, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry so is that the end?

Awesome piece
Re: African Nerd by Warlord3000(m): 5:32am On Jan 24, 2013
Had to wake-up @ 3am to read my own last update..

But nevertheless... It was worth the sleep I deprived myself..

Nice one.. And thumbs up..

Looking forward to something even better from U̶̲̥̅̊ in the future.. smiley
Re: African Nerd by Mobsync(m): 8:46am On Jan 24, 2013
Aha, so d tory don finish, joor ooh, important sweet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Out Of The Blue / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss / Story: A New Dawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.