Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji (28474 Views)

PMB: The Dangers Of One-man-show - Steve Osuji (The Nation) / El-Rufai 's Book Is Full Of Lies - Atiku Abubakar / ‘achebe’s Book Is Replete With Inaccurate Facts, Claims’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Dede1(m): 8:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Just like they despise ogugua for speaking the truth ! fu-cking hypocrites.

BlackAzz

Will your entire lineage vanish if you speak truth for once, olodo?

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by salam001(m): 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
acidtalk: I am DISSAPOINTED at Seun and his Moderators. 99% of these post should have been HIDDEN. What is the correlation between the post and the ethnic war going on right now.

Nigeria is a failed state and no wonder we have high level of unemplyment in this country. To even think that most of these people are supposed graduates and iundergraduates yet having conversations like motor park touts and street miscreants.

People who always find faults in a tribe or religion by condemning them hardly ever go far in life.

Look at the likes of Dangote, Babangida, Obasanjo, Adenuga, Dantata, Harry Akande, and the others, this men knew how to get along with every single ethnic group and religion all to get what they want when they want it.

Most of you have let sentiments kept you poor and lonely, later you will be wuick to blame the government for your failure in life.

NONESENSE!!!
a tribalist like you preaching,hmmm
acidtalk: .....And to say I almost paid N2,500 for this book at the bookstore today.

Damn!!! Thank God for this, though no doubt Achiebe is a wonderful writer.

So so glad I didn't pickup the book some few hours ago.
so if you dont buy achebe would starve to death?

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by cheleku(m): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
I know of Fabian Osuji, the erstwhile minister. I also know Wilfred Osuji, the burgeoning professional footballer.Also familiar to me is judge Chile Eboe Osuji, a legal luminary with the ICC.Who the heck is Thomas Osuji? I suppose he is just another attention seeking professor.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
Thomas Osuji is simply a malcontent! He is only trying to get reputation from being moronic and being a saboteur. Anyway, those who witnessed the war, including the colonial masters and some western nations know Achebe knows what he is talking about.

Let's not forget that Pa Prof. Achebe was a foreign minister and ambassador representing Biafra during the war, so he knows what he is saying. Btw, Nigeria can hardly be one from all available indicators if at all we can shun pretence!

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
So any Igbo that have a contrary view to Aṣebe is a traitor and not a true Igbo son?

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by phreakabit(m): 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama: [size=18pt]yes Ozodi is always right, Igbos,deal with the great Ozodi![/size]

[/color]

What a genius!

Let me help you make it RED so you can actually feel the full effect of shame! Nna "buttu" why?

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
acidtalk: I am DISSAPOINTED at Seun and his Moderators. 99% of these post should have been HIDDEN. What is the correlation between the post and the ethnic war going on right now.
HIDDEN wetin? Na traffic dem dey find na! Unfortunately,people are busy watching Champions League. Abeg I gaz finish to dey watch that match.no dulling at all.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Dede1(m): 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

And how much was ashebe paid for those lies too ?

I guess Achebe must be a genius for receiving millions of dollars by bearing falsehood.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Sammy107d(m): 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
The only book that qualifies to be a yardstick to Achebe's book is....O yes! i now remember the name as leaked to press "Awolowo replies from the grave!" Untill that book comes out and reviewed by Gawoon, people should hold their peace.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dede1:

BlackAzz

Will your entire lineage vanish if you speak truth for once, olodo?

When you snoop more,maybe one day you'd finally hit the truth.Ogugua and osuji are the kind of ibos Nigeria wants for peace to reign not a tribalistic skunk like you.You dont need to hate your tribesmen for being indifferent to your lies.
9jacrip: I hate commenting on topics like this, it usually ends with our brother's from the east debunking the claims of their fellow easterner who has supposedly gone against their mind state. Rather than being objective, they resort to rhetoric balderdash and you'd also find my brothers from the west capitalizing off of the situation rather than being analytical.[/size]

Anyways, Achebe's work got floored, should one be looking forward to a rejoinder?

And the work,a book that bookstores cannot keep up with its demand gets floored on nairaland. shocked shocked
Seriously

I think some of you take this forum rather too seriously ,nothing here gets beyond these pages but that book is going places.

6 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
berem: HIDDEN wetin? Na traffic dem dey find na! Unfortunately,people are busy watching Champions League. Abeg I gaz finish to dey watch that match.no dulling at all.

Which Champion league una dey watch? Abi na the one wey you dey play for your bedroom? grin grin grin LWKMD
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
inufele2:

Which Champion league una dey watch? Abi na the one wey you dey play for your bedroom? grin grin grin LWKMD
Ewooo! Shebi na Man U dey play na? Abi wetin I dey watch like this.abeg which Live match dey on now?
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
inufele2: So any Igbo that have a contrary view to Aṣebe is a traitor and not a true Igbo son?
Yes as canvassed by dede and his biafran cyborgs
Dede1:

I guess Achebe must be a genius for receiving millions of dollars by bearing falsehood.

The book has been pirated in onitsha so, tongue tongue i doubt if he will be smiling to the bank soonest.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Dainfamous: 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama:

And the work,a book that bookstores cannot keep up with its demand gets floored on nairaland. shocked shocked
Seriously

I think some of you take this forum rather too seriously ,nothing here gets beyond these pages but that book is going places.
they think N/L is all and all bush people..

2 Likes

Another excerpt from the thought provoking article written by the critical thinker, Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji:

Achebe forgot that he was writing about Africa with written records. T[b]here is ample documentation of what transpired in Nigeria between 1966 and 1970, the era of the Nigerian unrest that Achebe was writing about. Whatever he said could be fact checked, verified or found as not based on facts.[/b]

Apparently, Achebe was not interested in facts. What Achebe did was provide his opinions on events that took place during the period in question without bothering to give the reader the opinions of those who disagree with him, the opinions of those on the other side to the civil war.
For some reasons, he assumed that his reader would be so simplistic as to accept his opinion as facts and leave it at that. Apparently, he has such grandiose opinion of his expertise and authority that he assumed that folks would accept something just because he said so

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Dede1(m): 8:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama: [size=18pt]yes Ozodi is always right,Igbos ,deal with the great Ozodi![/size]

[/color]

What a genius!

It is not surprise that cross section of the ret.ards on NL appeared not to have read your post. Even when it was posted in red color.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dede1:

It is not surprise that cross section of the ret.ards on NL appeared not have read your post. Even when it was posted in red color.

I have read her post and I can't take someone whose handle is, baby_mama, seriously...

I bet her IQ is lower than the number of fingers she has... undecided
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
coolUP MANCHESTER UNITED!!

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

I have read her post and I can't take someone whose handle is, baby_mama, seriously...

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
The name: Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji has been bookmarked - he's an interesting character... grin
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama:

Seriously

Aunt Baby Mama please relax, I don't know how many bookstores cannot keep up with its demand (I pre-ordered it off of iTunes even before it got released and most scholars I know seem less interested in it) - anyways, sales do not determine IF/HOW a book/work gets floored, I'm talking about its appraisal here. Your determinant for a viable work seem based off sales, too bad. You will be fine.

Da infamous: they think N/L is all and all bush people..

You and Babymama are both classical examples of what I stated in my first post - embittered easterners who feel betrayed as usual 'we have been betrayed'.

Both of you should 'feck' off, #OKBYE!
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Dede1(m): 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Yes as canvassed by dede and his biafran cyborgs

The book has been pirated in onitsha so, tongue tongue i doubt if he will be smiling to the bank soonest.

Bath a pig, comb a pig, a pig shall remain a pig. The piracy you referenced in your silly post was meant to quench the thirst generated by the book. How many books have seen a day of piracy in Nigeria when the original copy has not reached the shores of the county? I thought you were slightly below average.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Dede1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

shymexx is even worse than baby_mama. Now decide where it leaves you.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
Sighs, Man U finally escaped...they should thank Hernandez! And plz peepz quit hating on Achebe, that man is a world guru smiley
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Katsumoto: 8:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^But of course the phantom that goes by the name osuji would seem more intelligent to you and your sorry ilk; afterall, he arouses you guys with his bitter and manic hatred towards a people you guys can't stand.....can't stand, yet refuse to fault awo who teamed up with the north to ensure you shared the same country with the very people you despise.

Any reasonable person knows that things have not been done fairly or on merit in this country since the late 60's (Igbos being wronged or not is besides point), and all we ask for is for everyone to be treated fairly, and for effort and handwork to count for something in this country.

And Azikiwe serving under Balewa was what?

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
I don't really know if Chinua Achebe is a greater writer, or not, because I've never read any of his books... However, I have read the reviews and summaries of some of his books - and as Dr. Ozodi asserted in the Op-ed, he's too engulfed with writing about himself(albeit in a fictional way) than anything else... And all his books are centered around the arrival of the Europeans in Africa - and books like that have a tendency to subconsciously mis-educate young Africans that civilisation came to Africa with the arrival of the Europeans..

Perhaps, that's why Achebe's books are well celebrated among Europeans because it makes them feel superior to Africans..

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dede1:

shymexx is even worse than baby_mama. Now decide where it leaves you.

Shymex means: SHY + ME + X at the back like Malcomm X(meaning no surname)...

Creative, no? grin
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dede1:

It is not surprise that cross section of the ret.ards on NL appeared not to have read your post. Even when it was posted in red color.

I was surprised by that response
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by matrixme(m): 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Even though I shared a little bit of the writer's sentiment against Achebe, I really hope that the non-literary consciousness of the average youth of today will sweep in and save us all from an impending uprising. For good reasons, I hope that majority of young people today, keeps pinging, watching movies, listening to songs and wasting considerable time on Facebook, if it would be a positive diversion from what these old men are plotting. Old men should not plan wars for young men to fight. I once expressed that Prof Achebe ought not sit within the coasts of the United States, and set these volatile issues aflame in the minds of today's young people. The inter-connectedness the 21st century offers us these days does not leave us worrying about what happened yesteryears again. People mostly think of the future these days, either they are Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Idoma,Tiv, Ibiobio or what have you. Some words are better left unsaid.

4 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dede1:

Bath a pig, comb a pig, a pig shall remain a pig. The piracy you referenced in your silly post was meant to quench the thirst generated by the book. How many books have seen a day of piracy in Nigeria when the original copy has not reached the shores of the county? I thought you were slightly below average.

hahahahaha. ..you are really bitter today.You shouldnt be angry with me but rather direct your anger at a proud son of alaibo who rose above hate to distinguish light from darkness.God bless Ozodi Osuji for calling achebe a liar !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

"Igbo Youths For Buhari" Rally Holds In Abuja (Photos) / Ex-Minister Bello Maitama Yusuf Is Dead / Supreme Court Dismisses PDP Suit Challenging Oyetola's Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.