Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji (28477 Views)

PMB: The Dangers Of One-man-show - Steve Osuji (The Nation) / El-Rufai 's Book Is Full Of Lies - Atiku Abubakar / ‘achebe’s Book Is Replete With Inaccurate Facts, Claims’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
inufele2:
Retarded person! Have you contribute anything intelligent to this thread apart from the usual barking like a castrated dog?
Castrated retardo, don't engage your idiotic self in a thread you know nothing about, get lost, asz-rappingg monkey.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
inufele2:

What a lame reply! I never knew what happened? You must think I'm like you and your fellow Igbos that allow their defeated ancestors to feed them with lies and hatred rather than finding out facts by themselves. You have shown that you lack capacity to reason like a human. Confused lobotomised ape!
Hello! How are you? I like your 'Confused and lobotomized ape' term for that dude!
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by EkoIle1: 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2012

Igbo Soldiers retreating, Biafra, Nigeria April 1968
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Go and get ur copy of There was a Country. I have got mine. kiss
Tell them my sister.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
Eko Ile:

Igbo Soldiers retreating, Biafra, Nigeria April 1968
WHILE YOUR HAWOLOWO WAS BUSY WITH YOUR PEOPLE HERE, FOOL

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Balkan(m): 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
You all should not waste your energy on this publication. The so called Ozodi's mother is from Osun state in the family of late Pa Oluwole Oladimeji.

His mother Titi was an illagitimate wife of De Osuji. The marriage ended in 1965 as De Osuji was not sure if Ozodi was realy his child because he was back in Owerri when Titi gave birth to Ozodi in Lagos.

It is the truth for those who don't know. Pa OsUji is from my village. Ozodi's paternity is yet to be established

8 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Afam4eva(m): 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
Balkan: You all should not waste your energy on this publication. The so called Ozodi's mother is from Osun state in the family of late Pa Oluwole Oladimeji.

His mother Titi was an illagitimate wife of De Osuji. The marriage ended in 1965 as De Osuji was not sure if Ozodi was realy his child because he was back in Owerri when Titi gave birth to Ozodi in Lagos.

It is the truth for those who don't know. Pa OsUji is from my village. Ozodi's paternity is yet to be established
What's your evidence?
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
biafranbaby: I don't know what's wrong with all these american igbos.
are their brains unscrewd when they reach america?
I think so! I won't be surprised if Osuji is an Outcast in his village.I don't even think he knows the tradition of ndi igbo.am very sure he doesn't even know how to speak igbo too!

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by gidiMonsta(m): 10:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
Shut up your mouth, fool. If you have read it, then you would have known that Osuji has been telling lies?. Did Achebe say Yorubas are not intelligent and they do not do well in classroom?.

I'm just gonna ignore you, you're very rude and argue on sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Pangea: 10:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
Monkey,get it right, these young boys are called Biafran babies, they did not fight the actual war. What is wrong with fools here.

Bastardo, why am I not surprised?
You guys are really insane!
Biafra baby my foot, I'm sure you will tell me next that he is holding a toy gun!

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
Balkan: You all should not waste your energy on this publication. The so called Ozodi's mother is from Osun state in the family of late Pa Oluwole Oladimeji.

How that nullifies the fact Prof. Achebe has been a fictitious writer all his life is still a challenge to me!
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by gidiMonsta(m): 10:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
First class monkey, the age for joining the Biafran army was 18. Yet it was not forced on any youth. Most youths joined on voluntary basis. If Ozodi claimed he joined the Biafran army at 14 years, then he lied about his age. At 14, you are still in secondary school. But most students who joined the Biafran army were from higher institutions.
Get a life and don't be choked about Achebe in your dream, annus loving ape.

LIES!!!! Everyone knows child soldiers fought in the biafran war heck there are pictures to prove it, why are u people like this? Its really annoying when I see people grasping at straws like this on a matter that should be dead and buried.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 10, 2012

So he is a confirmed Yoruba? OTU OCHA!!Asi kwa m!

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by EkoIle1: 10:56pm On Nov 10, 2012

Colonel Achebe. Biafra Nigeria April 1968
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
Pangea:

Bastardo, why am I not surprised?
You guys are really insane!
Biafra baby my foot, I'm sure you will tell me next that he is holding a toy gun!
AANUS LOVER, they are future Biafran soldiers, but fight at the war front, never. Get it into your thick skull, dirty son of a prostitutee.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by EkoIle1: 11:01pm On Nov 10, 2012

Igbo 'soldier' carrying a wounded comrade Biafra Nigeria April 1968
These are boys...and yet when we talk about African child soldiers no one ever seems to refer to the first...Biafran boys!
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
Eko Ile:

Colonel Achebe. Biafra Nigeria April 1968
Anal dwelling monkey, it's high time you concentrate on your ugly Tinubu than Igbo affairs. See your ugly boss and his stinking mouth.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by gidiMonsta(m): 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
berem: nna ike gwuru! All these noise making and polluting my bandwidth with unnecessary attacks on Chinua Achebe is uncalled for. The man had written his book.no matter what anyone says here,that book is a must read.I don't know why some people are killing themselves over Biafra! At the mention of Biafra,some people become restless and begin to wag tongues.I think the best thing is for those that haven't read the book to read it first before condemning it.

I've read the book and its a veiled attack on the Yorubas, Achebe's hatred and envy of the tribe was very evident in the book.

My questions for you are;

1. Have u read it?
2. If yes: what did you deduce from it?
3. If no: what the phock is your business on this thread?
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Pangea: 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
AANUS LOVER, they are future Biafran soldiers, but fight at the war front, never. Get it into your thick skull, dirty son of a prostitutee.

Rotflmao
Because ur ashebic lies were discovered, he dey pain you?
Of course future in deed,
Even chimanda adichie confirmed the existence of child soldiers in her book: half of a yellow sun
Yeye man
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by gidiMonsta(m): 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
Why are the igbos on this thread on the defensive? Why are they attacking the messenger rather than proving him wrong? Apart from Andrew Uweh none of them have been able to put up an intellectual effort to defend Achebe's work, I'm very dissapointed.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by oadah(m): 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2012

I can't help but laugh at the kind of tactics employed to tarnish the image of this Osuji guy
I have learnt from all the comments above that Osuji understand the psychology of his fellow ibo brother and this has been demonstrated here already with the way and manner they write.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by gidiMonsta(m): 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
Pangea:

Rotflmao
Because ur ashebic lies were discovered, he dey pain you?
Of course future in deed,
Even chimanda adichie confirmed the existence of child soldiers in her book: half of a yellow sun
Yeye man

Are u minding that fool? His denial of the existence is an insult to the thousands of teenage boys who died fighting a war they were coerced into by the myopic leaders of Eastern Nigeria.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Martmore: 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
Achebe has written his memoir, but i guess what the writter was trying to push was for the prevention of a bad relationship between the Yorubas and igbos.But d truth about the war gat to be told.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Martmore: 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
Achebe has written his memoir, all this counter talk cant make him to remove the book from the shelves. but i guess what the writter was trying to push was for the prevention of a bad relationship between the Yorubas and igbos.But d truth about the war gat to be told.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Balkan(m): 11:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
afam4eva:
What's your evidence?

It's the truth my brother we are from the same village.
Just verify this. De Osuji has an Igbo wife. Titi has another child a girl both Ozodi and Chika are living in the US. Madan Titi is late, she was buried in Osun state.

Igbo people said that when a diety becomes so stubbon and proud, you show him the tree he was calved out from.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Onlytruth(m): 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2012

No wonder why the guy reasons though his rear orifice.

I've always known that anytime anyone only sees the problems of his so called tribesmen alone, while turning blind eye to problems of others, it usually stems from issues of corrupted, questionable, or malcontent roots.

Poor soul. sad

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by tomakint: 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dede1:
The worse propaganda noticed during and after Nigeria\Biafra war came from Yoruba land. In fact, some of the propagandas were childish and laughable. For example, the crap that surrounds Francis Fajuiyi wanting and begging the July 29, 1966 coup participants to die with Ironsi. What a joke.
You are perfectly right on this! in fact, the coupists targeted Fajuyi first because of info reachin them that he gave his blessings to d Jan 15 putsch!

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by EkoIle1: 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2012

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Onlytruth(m): 11:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
Balkan:

It's the truth my brother we are from the same village.
Just verify this. De Osuji has an Igbo wife. Titi has another child a girl both Ozodi and Chika are living in the US. Madan Titi is late, she was buried in Osun state.

Igbo people said that when a diety becomes so stubbon and proud, you show him the tree he was calved out from.

Hehehe! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Arusi apiri api bu osisi at the end of the day! cheesy

Ozodi "mgba"'s tree has been identified and "codified".

I thank God everyday that he created me Igbo. cool

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Onlytruth(m): 11:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
Eko Ile:

Dude thanks for all the pictures. Our pride increases astronomically each time we view them.
Please keep them coming! wink cool

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Iveanyi: 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2012
First of all, I don't think anyone who hasn't read this book has the moral justification to comment on it. Read the book and make up ur own mind on where an where not to take serious.
However, let no one berate Achebe based on what others have ascribed to him, especially when he hasn't ascribed same to himself. I'm referring to comments that put him down as a historian. He never claimed to be a historian. I don't think he expects history lessons to be taught based on "There was a country". He clearly stated that they were his memoirs. A purely personal thing based on perceived private experience and opinion of his.
What saddens me is that a lot of us, in a frantic bid to "score points for our respective tribes" have overlooked one serious issue Osuji raised: the inherent victimist disposition a lot of Africans and black people in general have. Until we outgrow it, we will not know progress.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Onlytruth(m): 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
WHILE YOUR HAWOLOWO WAS BUSY WITH YOUR PEOPLE HERE, FOOL

Eh, bros was there a war here too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States / PBAT Arrives Palais Brongniart For The New Global Finance Pact In Paris / Ossy Prestige's Body Received By Family Members, APGA Leaders (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.