Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji (28469 Views)

PMB: The Dangers Of One-man-show - Steve Osuji (The Nation) / El-Rufai 's Book Is Full Of Lies - Atiku Abubakar / ‘achebe’s Book Is Replete With Inaccurate Facts, Claims’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
inufele2:

You're a lobotomised ape, what a load of rubbish you post up there! Only a cretin like you will post rubbish like that.
1. Did ojuiku forced young underage biafrans to fight with substandard equipment thereby sending them to a certain death? Yes or no?
2 is it not a war crime and crime against humanity to use child soldiers?
Ojuiku, ashebe and cretins like you deserve to locked down their in a dungeon for life. What a cretinous being you are!
First class monkey, the age for joining the Biafran army was 18. Yet it was not forced on any youth. Most youths joined on voluntary basis. If Ozodi claimed he joined the Biafran army at 14 years, then he lied about his age. At 14, you are still in secondary school. But most students who joined the Biafran army were from higher institutions.
Get a life and don't be choked about Achebe in your dream, annus loving ape.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by lagcity(m): 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
Achebe's book is a masterstroke, we will be talking about this for years. Achebe na smart man i swear.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dede1:

I have a copy and read it from hardcover to hardcover.

You sound like you have
I couldn't say the same for many commenting on Osuji's write up
The man Osuji has to write out his frustrations
He is jobless I gathered mainly due to his poor spoken English skills.He has lived here donkey years yet he speaks with a thick accent that is barely understandable by his host country.Rather then submit himself to language classes,he chooses to pour his frustrations on Igbos
Isn't it ironic that somehow he escapes all that is wrong with Igbos yet he is Igbo

A lost Igbo man who has not been to his fathers land in 40 years,why should anyone take such a one seriously?
Achebe wrote his memoirs,let ozodi write his,responding on Nairaland goes no where.
Achebe's voice is louder than 500 of his detractors put together

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
all4naija: Though, I respect the writer/Prof, he's always been a fictitious writer all his life!
Shitt-eaten baboon, what Achebe published was his personal account during the war and not a fiction. You should know the difference between a fiction and a personal memoir, fool.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by lagcity(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
First class monkey, the age for joining the Biafran army was 18. Yet it was not forced on any youth. Most youths joined on voluntary basis. If Ozodi claimed he joined the Biafran army at 14 years, then he lied about his age. At 14, you are still in secondary school. But most students who joined the Biafran army were from higher institutions.

ngodigha, lie lie no good. i know 2 ppl who fought at age of 14. even ojukwu cant deny this.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by tomakint: 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
Even the monkeys that witnessed the war knew there was GENOCIDE! The vultures feasting on the corpses of those innocent souls knew there was GENOCIDE! The great Wole Soyinka affirmed that indeed there was GENOCIDE against the defenseless Biafrans long before Achebe even wrote his book! TIME Magazine, Nelson Mandela and many other great minds gave their supports to the flawless accounts of ACHEBE! The book's centrepiece hangs on a FG-orchestrated GENOCIDE! So, who the hell is OSUJI? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:

Andre, stop your Achebe-ism - Biafra had thousands of child soldiers...

I can post pictures of the child soldiers, stop lying...

Stop disrespecting those kids who were forced to fight for something they know little, or nothing about... They're the real biafran heroes!! undecided
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
lagcity:

ngodigha, lie lie no good. i know 2 ppl who fought at age of 14. even ojukwu cant deny this.
No they did not go to the war front, but were been trained as Biafran future soldiers.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

Andre, stop your Achebe-ism - Biafra had thousands of child soldiers...

I can post pictures of the child soldiers, stop lying...

Stop disrespecting those kids who were forced to fight for something they know little, or nothing about... They're the real biafran heroes!! undecided
Dude, respect me as a person here and do not identify me as soone else.
No Biafran child under 18 was allowed to go and fight. There was a biafran youth army indeed, they were just like man-o-war of today. Those who went to the war front were of age and majority joined volutarily.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by jcccccc: 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
This igbo people and their destructive envy, must you attack people because you don't have a name. Osuji or whoever shoul write his own authobiography for people to read and know the truth because we know. That nobody would read jargon like this one he posted here so he should unlearn anti_heroism. I think envy begets your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:

How do you know that they were 18 and were not forced by ojuiku? Tell that rubbish to your fellow a55 licking baboons.
I don't fckking care about your mini god achebe, how can i be moved by the lies of a bitter and bigoted f00l? his lies are being exposed everyday and his fake memoirs will continue to be rubbished for its lack of substance.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by toprealman: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
Segun, if you allow these unscrupulous tools that think they are more relevant than they really are all in the name being a moderator bastardise your effort, you will only have yourself to blame. What do they stand to gain by making a particular ethnic group look like they are problem with Nigeria?
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by FreeGlobe(f): 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
KINGwax: i'm hoping to be a writer some day. But most of my works are in third-person form. Once i met a professor, he laughed at me and said, 'you're one cheap lazy writer who modifies his personal experience into fictional books. Though good, but you're far from it'.
Animalchebe is one cheap lucky writer and can't be compared with soyinka who deeply utilizes his brain in creating characters and writing a whole story with it. He gives a character his own uniqueness out of the intelligence of his thinking and may create up to a million characters with different behaviors. Such is shakespare or james h. chase.
Animalchebe is not only a narcissist, i'm thinkin he's more like a temerity-wishful haggard! What he can't actually get himself to do in real life, he imagines them
LMAOOOO at the bolded. You are an aspiring writer and hating on Achebe. Your career is dead on arrival, you will never go far. you will never even in your entire writting career reach the level Achebe was at, before he published his fitst book. iddddddiot!

5 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by biafranbaby(m): 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2012
Andre Uweh: @topic, as you know, Dr Osuji is a mad man and no one ever takes him serious.
On ageing writers are generally expected to write autobiographies that sum up their writing carrers. The shameless maggot called Ozodi should know that there is nothing wrong in one publishing his memoirs at whatever age. Ozodi the ape was in the war, and has not yet published his own memoirs. What a hypocrite.
On Achebe been a historian, Prof Achebe did not take that credit and has never done so. You do not need to be a trained historian to publish a book of notes you jotted down during a war. Most people who have written about the war were not historians e.g Madiebo, Obasanjo, Amadi etc.
On verification. Achebe's facts are verifiabe as he used footnotes and at the end of the book, listed all his references. It seems the Chimpazee called Osuji read the book turned upside down.
Ozodi's attempt at history is flawed as always, he claimed that Achebe was born around the time the British were penetrating AlaIgbo. Wrong, for more than 40 years before Achebe's birth, The British have penetrated Alaigbo through companies, protectorate and later formal colonialism. Ozodi, should go into history as it's not his field.
Contrary to Osuji's article, Prof Achebe did not see the actions of Igbo people right and others wrong. Prof Achebe on many ocassions condenmed the actions of his own people. Prof Achebe even cited Uwechue's reasons for resignation as an envoy and supportd his claims. Am sure Ozodi did not see that page.
On Ministry of information, Achebe left the ministry long ago to serve as an envoy, as a result was not i nvolved in any Biafran propaganda.
On writers formulating policies for Ojukwu. Ozodi was wrong, Ojukwu wanted a philosophy in line with Nyerere's Arusha declaration, so he gathered intellectuals in Biafra to formulate that policy which later became Ahiara declaration. Surely, Ozodi hasn't read the Ahiara declaration document.
On recruitment into the Biafran army, Prof Achebe was not responsible for that. Most people recruited to join the Biafran army were from 18 years and above. Those who were sent to the war front were from18 years and above. The young Biafrans who were less than 18 were not involved in the war. Ozodimgba the ape couldn't have joined the army at 14 and fought in the war. Surely, he is false about his age.
On corrution, Achebe did not single the Igbo people as less corrupt from others. He even saw an Hausa man as less corrupt than his own southern Nigerian people. So he joined Aminu Kano's party for this reason and others.
Ozodi should have querried the Indian defeat in the hands of Britain. India with a population almost twice of Africa were defeated by the Brits and compared to the Igbo defeat by the Brits.
On the Igbo, Yoruba etc, Prof Achebe at no time said Igbo students or civil servants did better than others. Achebe studied at U.I, and has praises for non Igbo people who excelled in U.I. Prof Achebe does not hate Yorubas and throught his memoirs poured encomiums on Yorubas such as Soyinka, Amos Tutuola, Hubert Ogunde etc. What is Osuji insunuating?.
As usual, people will always poopoo on Osuji's article. Shameless man.

Thank you very much my brother.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Noiseless2: 10:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama, I really like the way you choose to hit these shameless yoromgbaticos.
Baby mama:
[size=18pt]Another Ozodi speaks[/size]

Francis Adewale, Spokane, WA. USA - Tioluwanimi@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Afam4eva(m): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
I won't come here and tell you that this Osuji of a man is totally wrong. He's a man that likes seeing things from a neutral stand point and most times it's at the detriment of his own ethnic group. I've never seen him go at Igbos, Yorubas or any other group the way he does his own. It could be because he wants to be seen as neutral and ateller of the truth by non-Igbos. I won't come here an tell you that Igbos are guitless(any word like this?) while other Nigerians are guilty but what i will tell you is that Igbos have suffered more than any group for being Nigerians. I also wonder why he calls Achebe a tribalist...Achebe is simply stating his own side of the story and he's not trying to please anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by biafranbaby(m): 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
If after your birth, your father gave you the same name as this guy, maybe you should not be writing things.

[size=44pt]OZODI MGBA[/size]

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
Shitt-eaten baboon, what Achebe published was his personal account during the war and not a fiction. You should know the difference between a fiction and a personal memoir, fool.
grin grin grin . What are you sweating all over for, dude?! Did you just lose a girlfriend?!
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
inufele2:

How do you know that they were 18 and were not forced by ojuiku? Tell that rubbish to your fellow a55 licking baboons.
I don't fckking care about your mini god achebe, how can i be moved by the lies of a bitter and bigoted f00l? his lies are being exposed everyday and his fake memoirs will continue to be rubbished for its lack of substance.

Monkey shiit-eater, you are not Igbo and never knew what happened until you came to Nairaland. Agreed, there was an army of Biafran youths, but these Biafran kids did not step a foot in the war front.
Just sit down and allow Igbo people discuss their war, smelly aszhole.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Onlytruth(m): 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
biafranbaby: If after your birth, your father gave you the same name as this guy, maybe you should not be writing things.

[size=44pt]OZODI MGBA[/size]

hehe! grin

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Onlytruth(m): 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
I guess the only thing missing in "Ozodi" is the "Mgba" suffix! lol. cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Pangea: 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
all4naija: grin grin grin . What are sweating all over for, dude?! Did you just lose a girlfriend?!
NOOPS, it is the stupidity of some bigoted nairaladers like you that is the worry.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2012
Pangea: who are you guys deceiving?
These ones nko?

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2cqgRFet4IdWOFfOLnmbjOB2P5gbbSU_wkOiMPfs4dOFkf34NCRGZAPd2[/img]

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlMVVNq53HjFGj-RbyMbT-E_LWJa8OOvSLSlniOorltekQSXd44--B1kA[/img]

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa_dlvMCKLhiMHMSB0AD3wxrQ3JZfWHlDYAJ5kVqofxSqt7L3L4A[/img]
Monkey,get it right, these young boys are called Biafran babies, they did not fight the actual war. What is wrong with fools here.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ozodimgba, welldone! From Achebe 2 colonialism & back agen. U sound very bitter at something n i hope u dnt self destroy lyk Michael Jackson inorder 2 align wt a superior race n persuasion.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
Monkey shiit-eater, you are not Igbo and never knew what happened until you came to Nairaland. Agreed, there was an army of Biafran youths, but these Biafran kids did not step a foot in the war front.
Just sit down and allow Igbo people discuss their war, smelly aszhole.

What a lame reply! I never knew what happened? You must think I'm like you and your fellow Igbos that allow their defeated ancestors to feed them with lies and hatred rather than finding out facts by themselves. You have shown that you lack capacity to reason like a human. Confused lobotomised ape!

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
afam4eva: I won't come here and tell you that this Osuji of a man is totally wrong. He's a man that likes seeing things from a neutral stand point and most times it's at the detriment of his own ethnic group. I've never seen him go at Igbos, Yorubas or any other group the way he does his own. It could be because he wants to be seen as neutral and ateller of the truth by non-Igbos. I won't come here an tell you that Igbos are guitless(any word like this?) while other Nigerians are guilty but what i will tell you is that Igbos have suffered more than any group for being Nigerians. I also wonder why he calls Achebe a tribalist...Achebe is simply stating his own side of the story and he's not trying to please anybody.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
inufele2:

What a lame reply! I never knew what happened? You must think I'm like you and your fellow Igbos that allow their defeated ancestors to feed them with lies and hatred rather than finding out facts by themselves. You have shown that you lack capacity to reason like a human. Confused lobotomised ape!
Common get out of this thread, as you are not intelligent enough for this sort of thread, scram, anophelles yorubie.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
NOOPS, it is the stupidity of some bigoted nairaladers like you that is the worry.
Don't worry! I will remain a critic of Prof Achebe's works. However, he's a fictitious writer, he's always been!
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
Common get out of this thread, as you are not intelligent enough for this sort of thread, scram, anophelles yorubie.
Retarded person! Have you contribute anything intelligent to this thread apart from the usual barking like a castrated dog?
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
all4naija: Don't worry! I will remain a critic of Prof Achebe's works. However, he's a fictitious writer, he's always been!
Monkey, have you not had your banana this p.m?.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Go and get ur copy of 'There was a Country' by Author Chinua Achebe. I have got mine. kiss

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari's Experience At The Burial Of The 7 Soldiers / FG Writes US, UK, Others, Insists Nnamdi Kanu’s IPOB A Terrorist Organisation / Kano Hisbah Seizes Trailer Loaded With 8,400 Bottles Of Beer, Arrests Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.