Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? (11136 Views)

I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her / Ow Do I Deal With My Mum N Uncle? Should I Tell On Them Or Let Go? / Afraid To Be Intimate With My Pregnant Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by SisiKill1: 2:35am On Nov 18, 2012
ileobatojo:

Thank you!

If she was just such a calculating, sex starved, hormone ravaged, money grabbing, vixen of a hoe, I wonder why she would go ahead and broadcast her in.cest to the person who is about to marry her.

EXACTLY!!!

Why tell him?!! It's not like it is something he would have ever suspected, so if she was the errr. . .what the word again. . ."covetous" Mata Hari some would like us to believe, then she was practically home free. I mean this is like chasing after a policeman who is just passing by minding his own business, just to tell him you just committed a crime.

Who does that?!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by abiL(f): 2:36am On Nov 18, 2012
coogar:

i said op's girlfriend was cornered not concerned.... grin

it?

Oops! Temporary blindness grin
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by timifakay(m): 2:37am On Nov 18, 2012
what @sis_kill said made something occur to me, IF she was being treated as a second class citizen by the wife, she could have seen being with the man as a way of getting back at the wife.
#justsaying
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by abiL(f): 2:38am On Nov 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

EXACTLY!!!

Why tell him?!! It's not like it is something he would have ever suspected, so if she was the errr. . .what the word again. . ."covetous" Mata Hari some would like us to believe, then she was practically home free. I mean this is like chasing after a policeman who is just passing by minding his own business, just to tell him you just committed a crime.

Who does that?!!! cheesy cheesy

She might have told him because the uncle may have been threatening her, and she does not want to look like a slût. Like if you don't come back to sücking my dïck, I'm gonna tell your bf how much of a slág you are grin

*I'm just making shît up* but It could be true
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by abiL(f): 2:40am On Nov 18, 2012
timifakay: what @sis_kill said made something occur to me, IF she was being treated as a second class citizen by the wife, she could have seen being with the man as a way of getting back at the wife.
#justsaying

Valid point.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by SisiKill1: 2:40am On Nov 18, 2012
Sigh! God Punish Nollywood Movies!!! angry angry angry

Their one dimensional portrayal of women is just so damaging!!

If they aren't "coveting", they are "revenging"

I'm surprised we've gotten this far and no one has brought up the "Possessed" angle.

Yep, according to Nollywood women are "Coveting, Revenging, Possessed" human beings

God help us.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by coogar: 2:44am On Nov 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Sigh! God Punish Nollywood Movies!!! angry angry angry

Their one dimensional portrayal of women is just so damaging!!

If they aren't "coveting", they are "revenging"

God help us.

sisi kill is so westernised, you need to go do your NYSC in naija....the drama is worse than what you see on nollywood!
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by timifakay(m): 2:44am On Nov 18, 2012
What i said was not inspired by Nollywood... Will you say you have never done a thing for vengeance and get hurt the more on the long run?
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by SisiKill1: 2:50am On Nov 18, 2012
timifakay: What i said was not inspired by Nollywood... Will you say you have never done a thing for vengeance and get hurt the more on the long run?
Oh! Oh! Is there something you'd like to tell the house?

Seeing as this vengeance thing doesn't seem so far-fetched to you, do you mind if I asked how often do you do it, how long does planning take and what kinda circumstances calls for what type "vengeancing" method you use(I'm assuming you have different type, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

Do tell, we are all ears.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by baby124: 2:51am On Nov 18, 2012
OP
Incest is a curse abeg. And this seemed like a relationship with two willing participants. Try and find someone else. This baggage is too much for you. Am sure if you dump her she will go back to the uncle. The sexual and psychological implications are just too much for a young man to handle. Run far from that family abeg. The girl obviously does not have respect for or understand boundaries. Seems like a person who will do anything as long as she is comfortable. At 17, most naija girls are in 200L in uni, and are looking for materialistic things to use to form big girl. So this was def a relationship for benefits. Yuck.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by SisiKill1: 2:56am On Nov 18, 2012
On the one side, is a 17yrs old Girl.

On the other side is the very much older MARRIED UNCLE (with Children!!!)

. . . .and it is the 17yrs old who doesn't respect boundaries?!!

Lmao! I have heard it all!!
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by timifakay(m): 2:56am On Nov 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Oh! Oh! Is there something you'd like to tell the house?

Seeing as this vengeance thing doesn't seem so far-fetched to you, do you mind if I asked how often do you do it, how long does planning take and what kinda circumstances calls for what type "vengeancing" method you use(I'm assuming you have different type, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

Do tell, we are all ears.

LQCINFEFMTLOL- Laughing quietly cause its not funny enough for me to laugh out loud.
I capitalised 'IF' in the post i talked about vengeance just because of people like you.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by coogar: 3:00am On Nov 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill: On the one side, is a 17yrs old Girl.

so a girl of 17 does not know how to protect her treasure? even after the first night, she did nothing about it and continued for another 4 yrs? 4 yrs(one obama term in the white house).....and she wasn't stagnant in her mental development o - she aged from 17 to 18 to 19 to 20 and 21.....and she's blameless?
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by SisiKill1: 3:00am On Nov 18, 2012
timifakay:

LQCINFEFMTLOL- Laughing quietly cause its not funny enough for me to laugh out loud.
I capitalised 'IF' in the post i talked about vengeance just because of people like you.

Dude I was responding to the post where you said this Will you say you have never done a thing for vengeance and get hurt the more on the long run?

You were no doubt expecting a yes to that question which means doing things for vengeance is an everyday thing to you. . .hence my question.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by baby124: 3:01am On Nov 18, 2012
Yes, the 17yr old does not respect boundaries. She could have said NO. And besides, he is not marrying the uncle now, so the uncle is not the one being discussed. This girl was not a victim, end of. She CHOSE to disrespect herself and her family. Not everyone that comes unto you, you have sex with na. Abeg, na naija. Even 15yr olds get toasted. If you go to secondary school, you have boyfriends at 13 gan sef, and we try to excuse the complicity of a 17yr old? In naija? Some people are obviously clueless about the realities on ground. 17yr old is in 200L now. Abegi! Abeg OP, leave story for tortoise, and take off.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by abiL(f): 3:02am On Nov 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill: On the one side, is a 17yrs old Girl.

She ain't 17 no more, she's an adult now. Both of them may be blamed, or the uncle may have been the one to initiate and manipulate her, or the girl might be a willing participant

For now, we can only make assumptions.. but I refuse to make an actual judgement until the OP comes to clarify some things that I don't get.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by coogar: 3:04am On Nov 18, 2012
abiL:

She ain't 17 no more, she's an adult now. Both of them may be blamed, or the uncle may have been the one to initiate and manipulate her, or the girl might be a willing participate.

For now, we can only make assumptions.. but I refuse to make an actual judgement until the OP comes to clarify some things that I don't get.

she still shagged the uncle after her 21st birthday - she must be mentally retardëd to have allowed this crap!!!
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by timifakay(m): 3:08am On Nov 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Dude I was responding to the post where you said this Will you say you have never done a thing for vengeance and get hurt the more on the long run?

You were no doubt expecting a yes to that question which means doing things for vengeance is an everyday thing to you. . .hence my question.

Wow... good to hear you tell me i'm a vengeful person, i'll keep that in mind.
Also it was a rhetirical question... that means i expected you to keep the answer to yourself (seems i have to explain everything i say because you keep misinterpreting me)
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by abiL(f): 3:09am On Nov 18, 2012
coogar:

she still shagged the uncle after her 21st birthday - she must be mentally retardëd to have allowed this crap!!!

That's why I refuse to say that she was sexually abused. I know of sexûal abuse cases, and the girl's one doesn't fit in with the norm.

She might have been, she might not have. But there's more to this story than meet the eye.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by timifakay(m): 3:11am On Nov 18, 2012
*on a lighter note* Why can't we just put the fault on the usual guy and say- "its the work of the devil"
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by abiL(f): 3:12am On Nov 18, 2012
timifakay: *on a lighter note* Why can't we just put the fault on the usual guy and say- "its the work of the devil"

Because the devil isn't guilty sometimes grin
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 3:12am On Nov 18, 2012
hsapien: according to her, the whole thing started when her uncle's wife travelled to the village for a burial ceremony. On that faithful day, it rained heavily and the uncle came back from work very late. She went straight her room after serving dinner. When the uncle discovered that everybody had gone to bed, he came to her and said he (the uncle) is ready to do anything for her, even to send her abroad for studies. She tried to resist him,but all to no avail. Ever since, they have been doing it.

I am actually just noticing this post by the OP when I went looking back in this thread. I completely missed it before.

I'm interested to hear what abil has to say about this now.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by SisiKill1: 3:16am On Nov 18, 2012
LMFAO! cheesy cheesy

Jeeedus! Effing Christos!! Realities? What reality? The one where a clear case of abuse has to be debated?!!

Where a victim is castigated? Where a child is expected to make better life decision than an adult? Where no one see nothing wrong with a married man takes advantage of a child he is meant to protect? That Reality?!

Errr. . .thanks but no thanks. LMAO!

Okay, I am probably gonna go to hell for laughing and I should apologize for that. Please don't take my laughter to mean I think this is a joke. I don't. . . I've found that I default to laughing when I encounter so very sad, it weakens every bone in your body. That you have to live in that reality is sad enough but having to be so accepting of it. . .my God! That just saddens me, it truly does and my prayer is that one day things will change and you will understand that more often than not, victims are victims not because of something they did but because some people are just horrible horrible people who take pleasure picking on the weak.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 18, 2012
A 17 year old girl being abused can't really be blamed.
However my problem with the girl is how come she stopped just 4 months ago?

This is a messy issue. The man has to find out why she kept sleeping with him till recently.
Was she under some kind of spell?

If the op was my bro then I would say walk away. Too much dirt.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill: LMFAO! cheesy cheesy

Jeeedus! Effing Christos!! Realities? What reality? The one where a clear case of abuse has to be debated?!!

Where a victim is castigated? Where a child is expected to make better life decision than an adult? Where no one see nothing wrong with a married man takes advantage of a child he is meant to protect? That Reality?!

Errr. . .thanks but no thanks. LMAO!

Okay, I am probably gonna go to hell for laughing and I should apologize for that. Please don't take my laughter to mean I think this is a joke. I don't. . . I've found that I default to laughing when I encounter so very sad, it weakens every bone in your body. That you have to live in that reality is sad enough but having to be so accepting of it. . .my God! That just saddens me, it truly does and my prayer is that one day things will change and you will understand that more often than not, victims are victims not because of something they did but because some people are just horrible horrible people who take pleasure picking on the weak.

Hmm Sisi, it is wonderful o. It's even more disgusting to think that all these people actually saw that post I just quoted above and are still coming to their conclusion that her greed and slutiness is the cause of all this.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by baby124: 3:23am On Nov 18, 2012
Oh wait!!! I guess I should have agreed for that my dad's friend who gave me $100's and designer watches at 14, whose grandchild was probably my age mate. Or the grandpa ambassador who toasted me too at a young age. Afterall, they are older than me and should know better. It is not up to me to protect my dignity and pride. Or my father's name. In a country like naija where there are no child laws? When small girls are wiser than 25yr olds in western countries? Where most of my class mates at 15/SS3 were not virgin's in the boarding house? Abeg, abeg, abeg! Let's be real.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by abiL(f): 3:24am On Nov 18, 2012
ileobatojo:

I am actually just noticing this post by the OP when I went looking back in this thread. I completely missed it before.

I see opportunity.. Wife wasn't around.

She seems to remember a lot things in details.. Most abused individuals try to repress the traumatic experience.

She mentioned him sending her abroad.. She probably thought that sleeping with him will get her what her heart desires. So she might have tried to stop him, but the promises (his willingness to do anything for her) overweighs the immoral act.

What is also weird is the word "resist". The uncle must have been tempting enough for her to want to resist him.

If she was forced to sleep with him, she won't be repeatedly doing it when she's grown enough to catch a bus back to her village.

Even if the story happened as she claimed it did, if she didn't want him violating her -even if he was able to over power her on that night- she would have done something the next time to prevent it.

We need to ask the girl how bad she wanted to travel abroad.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by coogar: 3:24am On Nov 18, 2012
ileobatojo:

and you believe that crap above?
"she tried to resist but to no avail......" and she decided to enjoy the ride for another 4 years?

what attempt did she make to resist? "uncle leave me o, leave my corset o, leave my panties o, don't touch my....., eh stop o"

is that the resistance? you people don't get it at all. what happened that night is irrelevant - it's what happened the day after till she stopped bedding her uncle that irks me. a period of 4 yrs to resist a philandering uncle? haaaaaa
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by SisiKill1: 3:27am On Nov 18, 2012
timifakay:

Wow... good to hear you tell me i'm a vengeful person, i'll keep that in mind.
Also it was a rhetirical question... that means i expected you to keep the answer to yourself (seems i have to explain everything i say because you keep misinterpreting me)

Lmao! Haba naaa. . .I didn't say you were vengeful but dude you sef, think about it. . .what other conclusion can one come to when the first thing that you picked from my initial post is vengeance. Seeeee. . .no be my fault naa! cheesy

ileobatojo:

You gotta read between the lines of OP's post. . .ya know the in between that places the blame squarely on the girl.

So Aunty went out of town for Burial = Girl caused someone to die so her aunt can be away from the house.

It rained heavily causing uncle to come home late = Girl knelt down by the side of her bed, shut her eyes and used up all her wishes (birthday, Christmas etc) to make it rain so uncle can come home late that night.

She served uncle his food and went to her room - OP forgot to add that before she went to her room, she telepathically planted it in his head to come and sleep with her.

And that is the story of how the covetous got her uncle in trouble.

There!
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by timifakay(m): 3:29am On Nov 18, 2012
As a person, i'm blaming the lady cause she has more at stake than the man, I GUESS she indulged in it for so long thinking its a shortcut to 'the top' for her, now she's at a place much lower than she was before the incest started.
I hate being cliché, but the best way to put it is that- The man destroyed her life and she was a party to the destruction process which took four years.
I feel sympathy for her yet i laugh at her.
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by slimyem: 3:30am On Nov 18, 2012
She was a victim at first...i'd agree considering certain possibilities and conjectures as inferred by some posters on this thread...
But saying she was a victim for four adult years/till the end is a NO!!
She became willing in the act at some point for reasons she didn't tell or the op hasn't shared..
Re: She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 3:30am On Nov 18, 2012
baby_123: Oh wait!!! I guess I should have agreed for that my dad's friend who gave me $100's and designer watches at 14, whose grandchild was probably my age mate. Or the grandpa ambassador who toasted me too at a young age. Afterall, they are older than me and should know better. It is not up to me to protect my dignity and pride. Or my father's name. In a country like naija where there are no child laws? When small girls are wiser than 25yr olds in western countries? Where most of my class mates at 15/SS3 were not virgin's in the boarding house? Abeg, abeg, abeg! Let's be real.

Were you living in his house because your parents desperately sent you to live in someone else's house for years on end? Was your dad's friend your primary benefactor, your provider of shelter and sustenance? Did he come into your room in the dead of the night when there was no one else around? How hard is it to see that some people would feel trapped and stuck in such a situation? How many options do you think she felt she had in that situation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Fate Of Tunde Thomas! A Lesson For Men!! / My Friend Consistently Beats Up Her Mum! / The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.