Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (801392 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
I picked up in June. South Africa. Area 3 seem to be their sorting hub in Abuja.

puffmama:

Wow,thank you so much . Did you pick your passport recently ? How did you know it was sent to Area 3 considering they have about 3 offices in Abuja .

quote author=Africankel post=125108470]

UPS guys are usually sluggish. If you need your passport urgently, I'd advise you go to their Area 3 office by 8am tomorrow before they set out for dispatch. This is what I always do.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
I'm not sure yet. Perhaps when I pick up tomorrow.

puffmama:
Oh so sorry about that , That's really sad but was the application processed .?

quote author=Africankel post=125108778]

Congratulations!!!

Imagine TLS Abuja keeping my visa application for two weeks before sending it to the Consulate. I've sha reached out to the Consulate for the withdrawal of my passport as I have another trip in two days. They promised to send it today, so hopefully I pick it up from TLS tomorrow.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Opeyemi007: 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
It says the same on my own too. I spoke to my TLS person and he confirmed it was a glitch. It’s nothing to worry about.
Africankel:

Congratulations!!!

Imagine TLS Abuja keeping my visa application for two weeks before sending it to the Consulate. I've sha reached out to the Consulate for the withdrawal of my passport as I have another trip in two days. They promised to send it today, so hopefully I pick it up from TLS tomorrow.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
VISA ALERT.

I am the one that had concerns about the September 1st appointment date we got for my daughter and I . We kept on checking daily to find an earlier date.

Visa application submission/ biometrics - Aug 9th

Dispatched to the embassy sms- Aug 9th

Dispatched from embassy to vfs sms- Aug 14th.

Passport delivered - Aug 15th.

Validity - 1 year .

I am grateful to God and I thank everyone here for their contributions.

What God can not do does not exist .

7 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mroyato(m): 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
Congratulations ma’am. Is it a study visa?

puffmama:
VISA ALERT.

I am the one that had concerns about the September 1st appointment date we got for my daughter and I . We kept on checking daily to find an earlier date.

Validity - 1 year .

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by kolidave: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2023
puffmama:
VISA ALERT.

Validity - 1 year .

so fast! I envy you . congratulations . I tap into your testimony

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
Thank you so much, No it's a tourist visa .
I was suprised myself because my two previous schghen visas were 21 days and 30 days .

I don't know if it's because I have a new UK visa that will expire in 2033 and a US Visa that will expire 2024.

Then for my daughter it was her first schghen and she has a 2 yrs UK visa and was also given same 1 year .

quote author=mroyato post=125136321]Congratulations ma’am. Is it a study visa?

[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by seankafor(m): 6:00am On Aug 16, 2023
Guys, anywhere we can track our passport delivery timeline? For VFS France?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 10:38am On Aug 16, 2023
I don't know about delivery time but I used the 2 links below to track the process .

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/track-your-application

After I got the sms that it had left the embassy for vfs, I used this

https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_NG

Your tracking number is on one of the slips you were given after you submitted .

If you are in Abuja , the customer care number to the area 3 office is this
0908 843 5019.
They confirmed it was out for delivery that I should just wait .

I

seankafor:
Guys, anywhere we can track our passport delivery timeline? For VFS France?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2023
Thank you , Amen..I pray you get some good news as well

quote author=kolidave post=125136675]

so fast! I envy you . congratulations . I tap into your testimony [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by seankafor(m): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hello, is it normal to repay another application fee when you come back to refill your application due to error in previous application that you filled?

I feel I've been cheated because the staff asked me to pay another application fee..

So I want to ask if it's normal? And if not? What's the next step? Should I contact embassy or I should free it?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Blessedsteph: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
Happy for you. Congratulations dear.
puffmama:
VISA ALERT.

Validity - 1 year .

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by seankafor(m): 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2023
puffmama:
I don't know about delivery time but I used the 2 links below to track the process .

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/track-your-application

After I got the sms that it had left the embassy for vfs, I used this

https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_NG

Your tracking number is on one of the slips you were given after you submitted .

If you are in Abuja , the customer care number to the area 3 office is this
0908 843 5019.
They confirmed it was out for delivery that I should just wait .

I

thanks..

From this point, how long does it take for me to receive my passport and know my visa status?

And Is it normal to pay another visa fee when you re been called to correct a mistake in your form? And redo biometrics

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
wow 1 year congratulation is this ur 3rd Visa to schengen

puffmama:
VISA ALERT.

Validity - 1 year .

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
Thank you ..yes it is .

quote author=pufframmy post=125155813]wow 1 year congratulation is this ur 3rd Visa to schengen

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
If it's for redo of biometrics you need to pay again because that's their service charge

I am not sure if visa fees unless you choose to cancel and reapply then you need to pay .

Regarding your status .You really can't tell how long it will take your visa application to be processed from the tracker . They process based on individual circumstances and I THINK they give some consideration to frequent travellers with valid visas .

The tracker will show you when it gets to the embassy , when it is being processed, when it gets back to vfs office and when it's been sent to the courier company .
Then the ups tracker shows when it's being processed and in transit before it's delivered .
You won't know if it was granted or refused till you get your passport
seankafor:
thanks..

From this point, how long does it take for me to receive my passport and know my visa status?

And Is it normal to pay another visa fee when you re been called to correct a mistake in your form? And redo biometrics
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2023
Thank you so much for your guidance .I recall you responded to one of my questions.

Blessedsteph:
Happy for you. Congratulations dear.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by vozkini(m): 10:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
Wow. Congrats. Have you travel to France before ? Or isit your first application or second as it regards to 1 year visa.
puffmama:
VISA ALERT.

Validity - 1 year .

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 12:37am On Aug 17, 2023
puffmama:
Thank you so much, No it's a tourist visa .
I was suprised myself because my two previous schghen visas were 21 days and 30 days .

I don't know if it's because I have a new UK visa that will expire in 2033 and a US Visa that will expire 2024.

Then for my daughter it was her first schghen and she has a 2 yrs UK visa and was also given same 1 year .

quote author=mroyato post=125136321]Congratulations ma’am. Is it a study visa?

Congrats
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Blessedsteph: 1:09am On Aug 17, 2023
My pleasure
puffmama:
Thank you so much for your guidance .I recall you responded to one of my questions.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2023
It was my 3rd application and I filled that I wanted a single entry to spend 10 days to visit France and 2 other countries. I provided hotel and flight reservations for the 3 locations .

However, there was a question that had to do with if I had plans to visit France next year and I said yes , so maybe that's why I really don't know .

quote author=vozkini post=125159846]Wow. Congrats. Have you travel to France before ? Or isit your first application or second as it regards to 1 year visa.
[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Sammysam24: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2023
Please gurus in the house, I am in UAE at the moment but i have expired visa, can i apply for Schegen visa in UAE with an expired visa?
Hoping to hear from anyone
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
quote author=Sammysam24 post=125173323]Please gurus in the house, I am in UAE at the moment but i have expired visa, can i apply for Schegen visa in UAE with an expired visa?
Hoping to hear from anyone [/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2023
Sammysam24:
Please gurus in the house, I am in UAE at the moment but i have expired visa, can i apply for Schegen visa in UAE with an expired visa?

No, you can’t. Your UAE residence visa must be valid.

To apply for a Schengen visa in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, you need a valid UAE residence visa that will enable you to return to the UAE after your vacation in any of the Schengen countries.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by itunuoye: 10:20am On Aug 18, 2023
Hi Puffmama, How are you doing? Please I want to ask one important question. I intend to submit Schengen application for my family but my question is let assume they intend to travel on September 20, and once the visa granted, will the visa show that they must travel on before September 20 or there is a duration that the visa will state when it will start counting. Or is there anything like if stated 20days visa given will it expired in 20days time. I really need answer to this.

Thanks

puffmama:
Please if you were issued a visa recently,please can you post your visa alerts with your time lines and if possible documents submitted to encourage those waiting .Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by itunuoye: 10:22am On Aug 18, 2023
You need a resident emirate ID before you can appear at VFS in Abudhabi or Dubai center. Since your emirate ID has expired you can't submit any Schengen application except a visa that doesn't need a biometric you can apply for within UAE

Sammysam24:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Opeyemi007: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2023
If it's issued, it depends on your travel dates. If you stated 20th on September on your application, it would become valid from that date for another 28/30days. The duration of stay is the max number of days you can stay within the validity. It will be stated on the Passport
itunuoye:
Hi Puffmama, How are you doing? Please I want to ask one important question. I intend to submit Schengen application for my family but my question is let assume they intend to travel on September 20, and once the visa granted, will the visa show that they must travel on before September 20 or there is a duration that the visa will state when it will start counting. Or is there anything like if stated 20days visa given will it expired in 20days time. I really need answer to this.

Thanks

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Wonuola111(f): 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2023
Blessedsteph:
My pleasure

Hello boss good afternoon thank for the other day boss dey rejected my visa I just received the message from the agent now and i want to know if I can reapply immediately cus that’s what he said that we need to reapply I want to know if it’s possible boss
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Wonuola111(f): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2023
Blessedsteph:
My pleasure

Hello boss good evening how is work tnx for the other day they refused my visa and the agent said we need to reapply immediately boss please I want to know if it’s possible to reapply for the next available appointment date

Pls boss I will be glad to have ur contact pls n pls
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2023

Opeyemi007:
If it's issued, it depends on your travel dates. If you stated 20th on September on your application, it would become valid from that date for another 28/30days. The duration of stay is the max number of days you can stay within the validity. It will be stated on the Passport
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
filled that I wanted to travel on the 15th September but ii noticed it started reading from the 11th of August . Earlier than the date I specified.
The dates you will be issued will cover the period of your travel . Could be a few days / weeks before and after

quote author=itunuoye post=125188916]Hi Puffmama, How are you doing? Please I want to ask one important question. I intend to submit Schengen application for my family but my question is let assume they intend to travel on September 20, and once the visa granted, will the visa show that they must travel on before September 20 or there is a duration that the visa will state when it will start counting. Or is there anything like if stated 20days visa given will it expired in 20days time. I really need answer to this.

Thanks

[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
What was the reason for your refusal .
Yes you can apply immediately but you need to address the reason for your refusal first
That's the only way it will be issued .
What didn't you do then that you plan to do this second time

Wonuola111:

Hello boss good evening how is work tnx for the other day they refused my visa and the agent said we need to reapply immediately boss please I want to know if it’s possible to reapply for the next available appointment date

Pls boss I will be glad to have ur contact pls n pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (387) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.