Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (794705 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (383) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
Congratulations

Nolongthang:
Got my first ever VISA! Yaaay!
I Submitted Passport and Docs on 20th September, got message Yesterday 28th September for Pickup
* First Timer
* Short Stay Trip so 1 Month Visa
* Recommendation Letter from French Embassy (Its actually a Sponsored Visit by then so Yep)
* Invitation from the Event I am going for
* Statement of account with 3m balance and some nice Inflow and Outflow
* Flight Tickets and Hotel Bookings
* Introduction letter of my intention
* My baby Birth Certificate
* Marriage Certificate
* Letter from work
* My Co-Founding Company Shares Docs
I think thats pretty much everything I submitted!
There was a time I was really desperate about travelling and them kept jaming me rejection but now na them dey Sponsor na! For this life just work hard and focus! BTW I should have made it MULTIPLE ENTRY but I didnt want to be too GREEDY!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by embee430(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
I appreciate. Thanks for the information. Checked the TLS site and found this.

"Passports are kept at the Embassy for the duration of the processing of the visa application. Should you have an urgent need for your passport, please contact the TLS centre via email to request a temporary withdrawal of your passport."

I'd give additional 10 days and if no word, I'd write to them. This means I'd have to return the passport immediately once retrieved.

Africankel:
Email them for temporary withdrawal of passport. You'll receive a reply to pick up your passport at the embassy.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by cucumbar: 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
Princessadedayo:
Please the cruiseship is not a one hour tour
Is a vacation cruise ship
I booked for 7days Europe cruise ship vacation
The starting point is from Marseille, France wich will make a disembarking at various cities in Europe
This shows your full linterary and give your trip a purpose
And for d record am a lady pls
You can contact me thru adedayooniyide01@gmail.com for further assistance.
please can you give me details of this cruise ship vacation? Been longing to go on one for a while but don’t have an idea of how it works or how to book.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2023
I've sha told you to write to the embassy directly. I do it all the time, as I almost always have need for my passport. I did with the Belgian embassy most recently in July.

embee430:
I appreciate. Thanks for the information. Checked the TLS site and found this.

"Passports are kept at the Embassy for the duration of the processing of the visa application. Should you have an urgent need for your passport, please contact the TLS centre via email to request a temporary withdrawal of your passport."

I'd give additional 10 days and if no word, I'd write to them. This means I'd have to return the passport immediately once retrieved.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by damkanlinsin(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
Good evening everyone, please I need help ooo. Is booking an apartment ok for 10 days trip to France or hotel and where is the best place to stay in france close to tourist center during December. Thank you so much.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Purpleivy(f): 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
Good evening everyone, please I need to quickly confirm this. My appointment is in 2days and my bank statement is for 5months from March to July, can I still proceed with this statement or it will be an issue. It was also generated from my Access bank App so no stamp on it but there is signature on the last page.

Secondly, will there be interview on the appointment day? I’m applying for Tourist visa.

Thank you for your help.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2023
July is a long time and besides the French Embassy requires the last three months bank statements.

My advice is that you print your Statements of Account(s) from July till date.

There is no interview whatsoever.

Regards,

Purpleivy:
Good evening everyone, please I need to quickly confirm this. My appointment is in 2days and my bank statement is for 5months from March to July, can I still proceed with this statement or it will be an issue. It was also generated from my Access bank App so no stamp on it but there is signature on the last page.

Secondly, will there be interview on the appointment day? I’m applying for Tourist visa.

Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yemmywesey(m): 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
aminubala20:
Please, I have being trying to book appointment with Tls but the site seems down. Who has passed this stage?

Who has passed this shege?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by agathacally: 11:17am On Oct 05, 2023
yemmywesey:

Who has passed this shege?

Go to the tls site

Click on Ive filled application form you’ll be prompted to create an account

If you have created one , log in . You’ll select Abuja centre or lagos etc the page acts funny from this point

So

On the top of the website , you’ll seeea drop down menu , open it, click log in again , you’ll be asked to accept terms . Then after that you’ll see a page to create an application. Dates are going fast

As at 3 days ago, I saw October 20th

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ofime123(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2023
Good morning everyone, please my appointment is on the 17 of this month this are the documents I will be going with.
1 my passport
2 paid conference letter
3 4 different kind of tour reservation including boat cruise after the conference.
4 my company payslip 3month
5 my employment letter and leave letter
6 my personal company CAC certificate
7 3 separate bank statement personal account, my company account, and my domiciliary account.
8 cover letter to explaining my reason for the trip and outlining how am spending each day in the country.

9 travel insurance
10 flight reservation ticket and hotel reservations
11 my landed property and rental agreement from my tenant.

This are all the documents I have. I hope am ok the right track. I don't have any travel history.

Please will they keep all my original document on till a decision is made?

And pls how long will it take them to decide? Hope is not like Canada that takes forever?

NB I work with a logistic company I also have a registered real estate business.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by adeolalade(f): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2023
Cornerstone Insurance is your best bet for your travel insurance,we are swift in issuance, giving claims & our premiums are considerate. We also underwrite both General & life insurances.

DM - 08086074378
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by adeolalade(f): 12:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
Cornerstone Insurance is your best bet for your customers travel insurance,we are swift in issuance, giving claims & our premiums are considerate. We also underwrite both General & life insurances.

DM - 08086074378quote author=ofime123 post=126213089]Good morning everyone, please my appointment is on the 17 of this month this are the documents I will be going with.
1 my passport
2 paid conference letter
3 4 different kind of tour reservation including boat cruise after the conference.
7 3 separate bank statement personal account, my company account, and my domiciliary account.
8 cover letter to explaining my reason for the trip and outlining how am spending each day in the country.

9 travel insurance

This are all the documents I have. I hope am ok the right track. I don't have any travel history.

And pls how long will it take them to decide? Hope is not like Canada that takes forever?

NB I work with a logistic company I also have a registered real estate business.

[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ofime123(m): 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
How much is 3 month insurance
adeolalade:
Cornerstone Insurance is your best bet for your customers travel insurance,we are swift in issuance, giving claims & our premiums are considerate. We also underwrite both General & life insurances.

DM - 08086074378quote author=ofime123 post=126213089]Good morning everyone, please my appointment is on the 17 of this month this are the documents I will be going with.
1 my passport
2 paid conference letter

9 travel insurance

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by embee430(m): 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
Africankel:
I've sha told you to write to the embassy directly. I do it all the time, as I almost always have need for my passport. I did with the Belgian embassy most recently in July.

This is duly noted. Please based on your experiences, how long does it take for them to temporarily release your passport upon request?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
embee430:

This is duly noted. Please based on your experiences, how long does it take for them to temporarily release your passport upon request?

They replied my email the next day, and I picked up almost immediately.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Enitan1998: 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2023
Good evening everyone
Once biometric is done how long till visa is approved
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ajala444: 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2023
The French consulate usually responds within 15 days. It can be much quicker though.

Enitan1998:
Good evening everyone
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ajala444: 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2023
Yes you are right. I have been issued multiple entry visas before and I used it well.

Ashirioluwa:

Getting one-year or three-year travel insurance doesn’t guarantee that you will get a three-year visa.

The 3-year visa is granted to applicants who have obtained and lawfully used a previous multiple-entry visa valid for one year within the previous two years.

Apart from the above-mentioned condition, you must have also applied for a multiple-entry visa, not a single-entry visa.

I guess @Ajala444 must have been previously issued a one-year visa, because that’s the main condition.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by nnemak(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2023
nnemak:
Afternoon, can Mybankstatement with code or only printed account statements is good?
Am not sure which bank statements is best for this category
i just used my printed statement like that as NO response. Received my 1 month Visa.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Purpleivy(f): 11:25am On Oct 06, 2023
Africankel:

[color=#006600][/color]
Hello, please can you help me with the email address? And format of the mail, please I also need my passport urgently. Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
Enitan1998:
Good evening everyone

At worst, it shouldn’t be more than one month.

The majority of Schengen visa applications through France embassy are processed within 2 weeks after biometrics.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Purpleivy(f): 5:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
Africankel:

Please I beg you can you help me with the email address, I really need to get in touch with them for my passport. Thank you 🙏
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
Purpleivy:

Please I beg you can you help me with the email address, I really need to get in touch with them for my passport. Thank you 🙏

abuja.visa@diplobel.fed.be

TEMPORARY WITHDRAWAL OF PASSPORT (Include details of your application and your name)

I am writing to request the temporary withdrawal of my passport from the Embassy. I have a scheduled trip to Bleep and would depart Abuja on Thursday, 17th August, 2023, and I need to have my passport with me during the said trip. However, I understand that my passport is required for the processing of my visa application, and I am willing to return it immediately after my trip.

I am aware that this request may cause some inconvenience, but I am hoping for your understanding and kind assistance in this matter.

Please be informed that my visa application is of utmost importance to me, hence I am NOT seeking to withdraw my visa application entirely.

Thank you for considering my request for the temporary withdrawal of my passport without prejudice to my visa application. I remain hopeful for a positive response from the Embassy.

Sincerely,

4 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Purpleivy(f): 4:54pm On Oct 08, 2023
Thank you so much, I’m grateful 🙏
Africankel:

abuja.visa@diplobel.fed.be

TEMPORARY WITHDRAWAL OF PASSPORT (Include details of your application and your name)

I am writing to request the temporary withdrawal of my passport from the Embassy. I have a scheduled trip to Bleep and would depart Abuja on Thursday, 17th August, 2023, and I need to have my passport with me during the said trip. However, I understand that my passport is required for the processing of my visa application, and I am willing to return it immediately after my trip.

I am aware that this request may cause some inconvenience, but I am hoping for your understanding and kind assistance in this matter.

Please be informed that my visa application is of utmost importance to me, hence I am NOT seeking to withdraw my visa application entirely.

Thank you for considering my request for the temporary withdrawal of my passport without prejudice to my visa application. I remain hopeful for a positive response from the Embassy.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ofime123(m): 7:37pm On Oct 11, 2023
Good evening my appointment is next week Tuesday. The number of days I want to spend is 6 days should I buy 6 days insurance or more I need advisable pls
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by zizle87(f): 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2023
Please I need a travel buddy. I finally got my visa after my 3rd application. I was denied twice even with an invitation. Infact the story is one kind. Who is traveling in November? . The person I planned my trip with didn’t get a visa so it might be a solo trip for me ☹️. Please also does anybody have an idea of what dates are currently available for appointment. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Purpleivy(f): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2023
Just got my visa within 6days 💃
I had requested for withdrawal of my passport because I needed it urgently and I was informed that my application will be terminated completely which I agreed to in the mail I sent to them. I went to TLS yesterday to pick up my passport and I saw the visa in it.
Thank you everyone and Africankel for the mail info

5 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Princessadedayo: 8:43am On Oct 12, 2023
zizle87:
Please I need a travel buddy. I finally got my visa after my 3rd application. I was denied twice even with an invitation. Infact the story is one kind. Who is traveling in November? . The person I planned my trip with didn’t get a visa so it might be a solo trip for me ☹️. Please also does anybody have an idea of what dates are currently available for appointment. Thanks

Hi
Am traveling in November 18th

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 10:54am On Oct 12, 2023
Congratulations 🙌

Purpleivy:
Testimony time: I’m so excited, got my visa within 6days 💃 even though the issue I had made me lose hope in it but it turned out in my Favor. I had requested for withdrawal of my passport because I needed it urgently and I was informed that my application will be terminated completely which I agreed to in the mail I sent to them. I went to TLS yesterday to pick up my passport and I saw the visa in it.
Thank you everyone and Africankel for the mail info
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ebukaltd: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2023
Please I want to know the steps to appeal a refusal. I was refused tourist Schengen visa for France based on

”the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable“

Also

”there are reasonable doubts as to the reliability, the authenticity of the supporting documents submitted or the veracity of their contents“

Bear in mind I work for government agency and submitted letters of appointment, pension, leave letter and pay slips and 3 months bank statement of about 6m, 1 month travel insurance.
The application was for a 5 day short visit which included book on hold of 3 major tours, return flight ticket and hotel reservation for the 5 days.

They said I could appeal but I don't know how to go about it.

Please any help would be appreciated. The trip is next month and self sponsored.

Thanks 🙏🏿
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by zizle87(f): 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2023
Princessadedayo:

Hi
Am traveling in November 18th

Hi please can you dm me your WhatsApp number so we chat. Would be so boring if I’d be traveling alone. My hosts won’t be available much because of work . Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by zizle87(f): 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ebukaltd:
Please I want to know the steps to appeal a refusal. I was refused tourist Schengen visa for France based on

”the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable“

Also

”there are reasonable doubts as to the reliability, the authenticity of the supporting documents
submitted or the veracity of their contents“

Bear in mind I work for government agency and submitted letters of appointment, pension, leave letter and pay slips and 3 months bank statement of about 6m, 1 month travel insurance.
The application was for a 5 day short visit which included book on hold of 3 major tours, return flight ticket and hotel reservation for the 5 days.

They said I could appeal but I don't know how to go about it.

Please any help would be appreciated. The trip is next month and self sponsored.

Thanks 🙏🏿

From my own experience, with all the necessary documents and even an invitation and sponsorship letter, I believe they are being very strict this period. They are mostly giving frequent travelers and right now even those in that category are being scrutinized. I was meant to travel with my Boyfriend who is a frequent traveler and still had an invitation letter as well yet was denied twice. The essence of the trip is ruined and I almost decided not to travel anymore if not that our host put in a lot to have us visit. It’s frustrating.
We tried sending an appeal and no response. Just apply again because to appeal you have to have a very strong reason as to why you want to visit. I wish they could read minds because people like me don’t even want to stay past 2 weeks . The profiling this period is crazy .

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (383) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: thankfulgal6996 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.