Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? (5852 Views)

Groom Proudly Shows Off His Ring (Lovely Wedding Photo) / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Amazing Fact Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Omolola1(f): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2012

This is about a friend of mine. .an hostel mate in camp actually.
She took a picture this afternoon with a fellow corp member and sent it to her husband through bbm.
Few minutes later, he called back shouting over the phone, acusing her of infidelity. .saying this loud "WHY DIDNT YOU PUT ON YOUR WEDDING RING IN THAT PICTURE"
she was like she didn't want it to get lost during drills. The man no gree hear ooo

This issue left me wondering. .is it really necessary to put on the wedding ring all the time? Does it mean infidelity?

1 Like

Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by jhydebaba(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
To the average 9ja man YES.
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Temi231(f): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
@OP, it doesn't really mean infidelity but i think what is missing in their relationship is TRUST. Because if you cant trust your wife or your husband you be will shouting on everything. Wedding ring to me is just like an a covenant between them. Even most men don't put on theirs and some even put on theirs and they are over promiscuous.#enoughsaid
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Suchie(m): 4:20am On Nov 20, 2012
NOPE,I DNT EVEN KNOW WHERE I DROPPED MINE.
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by masterpiecer(m): 6:13am On Nov 20, 2012
Temi 23: @OP, it doesn't really mean infidelity but i think what is missing in their relationship is TRUST. Because if you cant trust your wife or your husband you be will shouting on everything. Wedding ring to me is just like an a covenant between them. Even most men don't put on theirs and some even put on theirs and they are over promiscuous.#enoughsaid

EOD
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 20, 2012
What kinda immature & insecure hubby is that? Accusing the wife of infidelity for not wearing a ring? IMO,the ring is a symbol of the covenant btween the couple and shud be worn as a reminder and when necessary.therefore,it can be taken off,for comfort, while washing dishes,doing laundering,strenous work,exercise...etc
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 20, 2012
:-)
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by lolaluv1(f): 7:20am On Nov 20, 2012
^^
So true @ binger!

1 Like

Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by k2039: 8:11am On Nov 20, 2012
I wont wear any wedding ring when I get married.

If I'm going to be faithful to my wife,it has absolutely nothing to do with the ring,it has everything to do with my decision to remain faithful
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by ektbear: 8:13am On Nov 20, 2012
For me, when I get married, yes
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by ayojango(m): 8:16am On Nov 20, 2012
Suchie: NOPE,I DNT EVEN KNOW WHERE I DROPPED MINE.

Mine got missin 5days After my weddin and my marriage has been wonderful.
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by queensmith: 8:17am On Nov 20, 2012
obviously her reason id a sensible one. in that case she doesnt have to wear it, i slways lose my rings so ill probably wear mine around my neck.

tell your friend to go buy any odd cheap ring she doesnt mind losing,
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 20, 2012
Why now,its a symbol of married life na,and it helps to put the lady on leash,at least to an extent.

But there are some sharp guys that can defy all obstacles to get a lady,whereby all obstacles will be treated null,and void..
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by dramenda(f): 8:21am On Nov 20, 2012
WHEN I FIRST RECEIVE IT I FLAUNT IT,I CANT EVEN FIND IT AGAIN SELF

1 Like

Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by chucky234(m): 8:21am On Nov 20, 2012
Naija mentality in full play mode
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by omotola1(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2012
I wonder when wearing ring became a yardstick to measure infidelity...
People need proper orientation about this ring of a thing!
My take: If your spouse feel insecured about not wearing ring, then wear it to help him/her trust you more. Obviously his/her trust for you is attached to an ordinary ring.
Ring is certainly not a determinant factor of infidelity.
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 20, 2012

1 Like

Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Born2beRich1(m): 8:26am On Nov 20, 2012
As for me i try my best to wear mine all the time because the day that i will forget to wear it, my wife go nack me akpako for head....Woman get power oh... grin
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by omenziate(m): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2012
I personally hate anytin metallic on my body, wristwatches, chains, necklaces. I go put am on sha if my wife insists.
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by 5much(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2012
some ladies deliberately remove their wedding ring on camp,so they can b free nd WILD.a guy wl need extra courage to toast a woman wearing a ring.maybe that is why d guy is complaining.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by lolaluv1(f): 8:44am On Nov 20, 2012
Yomieluv: Why now,its a symbol of married life na,and it helps to put the lady on leash,at least to an extent.

But there are some sharp guys that can defy all obstacles to get a lady,whereby all obstacles will be treated null,and void..

It puts the lady on a leash? Wtf! So now a wife is an an animal to be leashed!
Lookie ere, an individual who wants to cheat WILL do so, ring or no ring. How long does it take to take off a ring? Is it welded on the body ni?

I heard a gist where a girl started twisting her engagement ring politely, when somebody tried chatting her up. The guy told her not to trouble herself, that he'd already seen it and he was still going to try his luck nonetheless.
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by fairygeh(f): 8:45am On Nov 20, 2012
Shouldnt necessarily be worn all the time.wearing a wedding ring doesnt equal to fidelity.dont men also cheat wearing their wedding rings?same is applicable to women.
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by PrinceJustice(m): 8:45am On Nov 20, 2012
Suchie: NOPE,I DNT EVEN KNOW WHERE I DROPPED MINE.
best comment so far... The Hubby no get work
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by LailaIkeji1: 8:49am On Nov 20, 2012
my hubby n i have worn our rings everyday, every minute, every second for the past 4 years since we got married! please, if your hubby wants u to wear it 24/7, n u really love him so mch, dat shldnt b a big deal, really.
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by ay0201(m): 8:56am On Nov 20, 2012
Insecurity!!!!!!!!!
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 20, 2012
she should wear it all d time
Omolola1:

This is about a friend of mine. .an hostel mate in camp actually.
She took a picture this afternoon with a fellow corp member and sent it to her husband through bbm.
Few minutes later, he called back shouting over the phone, acusing her of infidelity. .saying this loud "WHY DIDNT YOU PUT ON YOUR WEDDING RING IN THAT PICTURE"
she was like she didn't want it to get lost during drills. The man no gree hear ooo

This issue left me wondering. .is it really necessary to put on the wedding ring all the time? Does it mean infidelity?
she should wear it all d time
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by midetinz(m): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2012
Truth be told;wearing ring serve as constant reminder for young wedding.cos often atimes,we forget our marital status(situation dependent). I can rightly assume as a married guy(4yrs),that we wear ring out of respect&love for our wives and that's why we don't wear dem whenever we have unsettled quarrel
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by optimistD(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2012
Why wont you wear your ring if your husband wants you to? What do you mean by it will get lost? Is it that loose on your finger? And what type of drill will even make it get lost? Has she been pulling it off at home or you jst got to camp started pulling it? Let's be real here. She is wrong and needs to apologise to her man.

3 Likes

Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by goofie: 9:38am On Nov 20, 2012
although some pple dont care whn dey see a ring on ur finger,some pple will keep their distance whn dey see dt symbol.

in my office,its so hard 2 differentiate btw d single n married men. a lot of d married men let u assume dt dey r single so dt dey cn flirt.

ders a particular guy dt hs bn actively wooing me. he even wrote me a letter to ask 4 my number n invite me out. i dint jst trust d guy, so i alwys refused. i

discovered months later dt d guy is married. but he doesnt wear his ring. he never mentioned to me dt he ws married cos i never thot to ask. till 2day, he

doesnt know dt i know and i hv kept it dt way. i enjoy seeing him disgrace himself by begging me 2 give him a chance...telling me how much he loves

me. wink
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 20, 2012
lola.luv:

It puts the lady on a leash? Wtf! So now a wife is an an animal to be leashed!
Lookie ere, an individual who wants to cheat WILL do so, ring or no ring. How long does it take to take off a ring? Is it welded on the body ni?

I heard a gist where a girl started twisting her engagement ring politely, when somebody tried chatting her up. The guy told her not to trouble herself, that he'd already seen it and he was still going to try his luck nonetheless.
by leash,I mean it helps as a reminder of the marital vows,and the 11th commandment: thou shall not open your legs for any other men,except your Husband.
Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by movmentish(m): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2012
Its not a must since its probably a very cheap fake ring,try giving your wife a diamond encrusted ring and I swear you'll ask her to stop wearing it always

1 Like

Re: Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? by Teejayphillip(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2012
To me its not a must...

So many infidelity,even while the ring is worn.... Make we no dey deceive oursef abegi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook: Why Don't The Females Comment On Male Pictures Like The Guys Do / What Does She Really Mean By This? / When A Lady Is Raped... (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.