Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists (20696 Views)

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012 / *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva: I have moved on ever since i was disqualified from this election and even though i feel i was disqualified unjustly, moving forward, i want to proffer a solution for the emergence of the poster of the year in subsequent editions.

Instead of members voting for their preferred choice and also seeing that a very few people actually vote based on the presumed performance of their preferred choice, a lot of others vote based on sentiments especially tribal sentiments. I'll therefore suggest that the best post should be determined by a mini software which will be built and will include variables such as:

1) Number of posts that was made by the person in that section for the given year

2) Number of likes the person got from his/her posts from that particular section

3) The number of threads created by the person in a particular section in the given year

4) The number of people that have quoted the poster in that section for the given year

It can be calculated like this:

1 + 2 + 3 + 4

It can either be calculated equally or some of the variables will have greater percentage than others.

I think by considering these variables, it will be easier to conclude who was indeed the best poster in a given year.

On the side, i also think an award be given to the most versatile poster. That's the poster that is present in most if not all sections on Nairaland.
Welcome back, my brother.

I have always known you are a correct guy. So it was easy for me understand your grouse, even though it was untrue-to-type, in the aftermath of your disqualification. I was already mentally preparing your citation that election eve before my attention was drawn to the ban rule. Good you've moved on.

Your scientific voting suggestion appears novel, only that it doesn't appear practicable. But we'll keep improving on the current process year after year.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2012
In 2009, in addition to the sectional awards, we had general, forum-wide awards too, including most versatile poster. But we were not able to sustain it.

We will look at the possibility of reviving it.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by nagoma(m): 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva: I have moved on ever since i was disqualified from this election and even though i feel i was disqualified unjustly, moving forward, i want to proffer a solution for the emergence of the poster of the year in subsequent editions.
Instead of members voting for their preferred choice and also seeing that a very few people actually vote based on the presumed performance of their preferred choice, a lot of others vote based on sentiments especially tribal sentiments. I'll therefore suggest that the best post should be determined by a mini software which will be built and will include variables such as:
1) Number of posts that was made by the person in that section for the given year 2) Number of likes the person got from his/her posts from that particular section 3) The number of threads created by the person in a particular section in the given year 4) The number of people that have quoted the poster in that section for the given year
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 ______________ 4 It can either be calculated equally or some of the variables will have greater percentage than others.
I think by considering these variables, it will be easier to conclude who was indeed the best poster in a given year.On the side, i also think an award be given to the most versatile poster.That's the poster that is present in most if not all sections on Nairaland.
Yes you are right the voting is spoilt by tribal sentiments (although I'm sure you too benefitted from that). But I am worried your scientific method is purely quantitative and anybody with much time can sit and fill in the variables with trash and still win. We want to vote for excellence ( the number of "likes" can of course be one of the criteria , but that in itself is subjective. ) . Take heart, some of us were not even listed.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Ishilove: 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
Wow, what a tribalistic bunch. We accuse the whiteman of racism and yet we are even worse.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Ejine(m): 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ishilove totally has a crush on Naptu. Like seriously.
She can't even hide it anymore.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Ishilove: 7:28am On Dec 13, 2012
Ejiné: Ishilove totally has a crush on Naptu. Like seriously.
She can't even hide it anymore.
I don't know what you are talking about. undecided
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Ejine(m): 7:43am On Dec 13, 2012
Ishilove:
I don't know what you are talking about. undecided

Keep denying, e hear? grin
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Ishilove: 8:21am On Dec 13, 2012
Ejiné:

Keep denying, e hear? grin
No seriously, I don't know what you're talking about. undecided
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by omanzo02: 11:35am On Dec 15, 2012
JARUS ...... a.k.a Mauris Iwu. grin grin

The way he qualify and disqualify is worst than PDP's run INEC, grin grin grin
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Valon4ego(m): 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
Jarus:
Welcome back, my brother.

I have always known you are a correct guy. So it was easy for me understand your grouse, even though it was untrue-to-type, in the aftermath of your disqualification. I was already mentally preparing your citation that election eve before my attention was drawn to the ban rule. Good you've moved on.

Your scientific voting suggestion appears novel, only that it doesn't appear practicable. But we'll keep improving on the current process year after year.
bloody hypocrisy!
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by pazienza(m): 1:00am On Dec 23, 2012

1) Number of posts that was made by the person in that section for the given year

2) Number of likes the person got from his/her posts from that particular section

3) The number of threads created by the person in a particular section in the given year

4) The number of people that have quoted the poster in that section for the given year

1 + 2 + 3 + 4

It can either be calculated equally or some of the variables will have greater percentage than others.

I think by considering these variables, it will be easier to conclude who was indeed the best poster in a given year.

On the side, i also think an award be given to the most versatile poster. That's the poster that is present in most if not all sections on Nairaland.
Bia nwokem,ijikwa anya gi? I nwekwara ihere?
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 23, 2012
Nomination has ended, voting is going on here: https://www.nairaland.com/1126926/politics-section-poster-year-2012
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 23, 2012
Desola:

Judging by the manner in which you people lie and claim to be the majority in lands far from yours and how you change handles to perpetrate your hatred for my ethnic group in particular, not forgetting the massive rigging that took place in your region to foist the most inept government on us, of course I was fearful.

I was fearful that all manner of usernames which have never surfaced on this forum prior to the elections would now come out of the woodwork and give a massive victory to a very undeserving winner. Afam is by far one of the biggest bigots on this site so much so that if you go into the sectional and racist section now, you would find his hallmark there with all manners of thread opened to denigrate the Yoruba race. Even pointb, as bad as he is, is nothing compared to afam when it comes to hatred. Pointb is predominantly biased to his people as I am but afam just takes the biscuit but tries to hide his prejudice(or at least he thinks he succeeds). Had it been another ibo with less right winged views, I might even be fighting for their reinstatement but afam is by no means qualified for this position. He is nothing short of a snake!

See hatred.... You go die o
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by misterh(m): 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
naptu2 gets my vote.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Cdspencer(m): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
All dis voting na barbash! Where is okija juju jare! Na im win d election. Im no dey look uche face. Okija juju carry go jare!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) / Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard / Dino Melaye Mourns His Mother's Death In Heartfelt Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.