Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,626 members, 7,823,757 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists (20757 Views)

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012 / *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Jarus(m): 11:12am On Dec 03, 2012
STANDING
Gbawe 6
Naptu 5
Afam4eva 4
Katsumoto 4
Bluetooth 1
Spyder88 1

12 more days to the end of first ballot (nomination),
Will Gbawe be the first holder to retain the crown?,
Will Katsumoto, for the third year running, make it to the final stage again?
How far can Naptu sustain the initial endorsements? Will he make it to final ballot(election proper)?
Will Afam survive the Katz resurgence and make it to the final round?
Or are new horses coming to the show, and these guys rendered the proverbial horse that dances first, but turned spectator at the end of the show?

One day is a long time in politics, sorry politics section. 12 days is even a generation.

1 Like

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Afam4eva(m): 11:31am On Dec 03, 2012
It seems people are not really interested in the nomination. I was expecting this thread to have hit 10 pages by now.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Jarus(m): 11:47am On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva: It seems people are not really interested in the nomination. I was expecting this thread to have hit 10 pages by now.

Traffic has been generally low on Nairaland over the weekend. Hopefully, today (Monday, work day), we can get more traffic. Also, we are pushing for home page and hopefully the Supermods would grant us before end of today.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus:

Traffic has been generally low on Nairaland over the weekend. Hopefully, today (Monday, work day), we can get more traffic. Also, we are pushing for home page and hopefully the Supermods would grant us before end of today.
I've also noticed the dip in traffic. What could be the cause of this?
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Jarus(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva:
I've also noticed the dip in traffic. What could be the cause of this?

Actually, NL experience the most traffic on work days, especially Mondays, especially morning. Too much activities on weekends plus some people access internet only from their office systems, and hardly have access on Saturday and Sunday, so on Monday morning, one of their first things is to check what's new on NL. That was a very perfect explanation 3-4 years ago, and still explains, though to a less extent, the Monday (or weekdays) theory, even with almost everyone having internet access via mobile phones now.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by wesley80(m): 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva: It seems people are not really interested in the nomination. I was expecting this thread to have hit 10 pages by now.

Cos it has already been killed as a contest, all that's left is for us to see out the "joke". It happened last year and we r well on track for a repeat.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2012
Gbawe cool
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by uche13: 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
Disqualifying a nominee based on the fact that he has been warned or disqualified this year, for a less serious competition like poster of the year award, while going ahead to award the more prestigious and serious minded position like the moderating job, from persons who had in the time past being been banned severally, opened numerous IDS and have not conducted themselves properly is in my opinion very hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
wesley80:

Cos it has already been killed as a contest, all that's left is for us to see out the "joke". It happened last year and we r well on track for a repeat.

Well said my guy. It appears they already have their favorites. I challenge Jarus and Mukina2 to post for all to see, the comments they banned me, you will see for yourself that others have made far worse comments, yet they are not banned. You begin to wonder, if there are indeed different rules for different folks.

This Politics Posters of the year is becoming a joke, no thanks of course to the mods!
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
uche13: Disqualifying a nominee based on the fact that he has been warned or disqualified this year, for a less serious competition like poster of the year award, while going ahead to award the more prestigious and serious minded position like the moderating job, from persons who had in the time past being been banned severally, opened numerous IDS and have not conducted themselves properly is in my opinion very hypocritical.

If I am not mistaking, Jarus banned me for querying his rationale in the selection of coogar, a foul-mouthed vulgar poster, ahead more level headed individuals in his selection of Judges for his Political Debate thread. To deal with my constant protestation against his ill advised call, he decided to issue me a ban.

As for Mukina2, ban. Frankly I am yet to be told what I was banned for, or why? I only know 'when' base on what Jarus said. I am still waiting for Jarus or Mukina2 to show me which post I was banned for in March and perhaps why. Until then, I will simply chuck down as part of the conspiracy of favoritism. The same kind of conspiracy that get anti-Igbo thread on frontpage, while a particular ethnic group is shielded.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Jarus(m): 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
PointB:

If I am not mistaking, Jarus banned me for querying his rationale in the selection of coogar, a foul-mouthed vulgar poster, ahead more level headed individuals in his selection of Judges for his Political Debate thread. To deal with my constant protestation against his ill advised call, he decided to issue me a ban.

As for Mukina2, ban. Frankly I am yet to be told what I was banned for, or why? I only know when based on what Jarus said. I am still waiting for Jarus or Mukina2 to show me which post I was banned for in March and perhaps why. Until then, I will simply chuck down as part of the conspiracy of favoritism. The same kind of conspiracy that get anti-Igbo thread on frontpage, while a particular ethnic group is shielded.

See your file:

Jarus banned PointB from Politics for Breaking express rule - criticizing with hate/strong words. at October 12, 2012 at 12:07:59 PM. Ban expired at October 12, 2012 at 05:07:59 PM

mukina2 banned PointB from Politics for trying to incite a tribal cussfess at March 27, 2012 at 04:50:15 PM. Ban expired at April 01, 2012 at 04:50:15 PM

We don't have anything to gain from banning anybody just for the sake of it. You must have done something.

And please stop inciting tribal sentiments, Mukina2 and I are the least concerned about where anybody comes from in our activities here. Mukina2 is not even a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus:

See your file:

We don't have anything to gain from banning anybody just for the sake of it. You must have done something.

And please stop inciting tribal sentiments, Mukina2 and I are the least concerned about where anybody comes from in our activities here. Mukina2 is not even a Nigerian.

if you have nothing to hide, how about reproducing the comments?. Let's see the comments I made, that you termed criticizing with hate/strong words. Showing me what you wrote on my 'file' without the exact comments I made is barely scratching the surface. The Mukina2's excuse is even more perplexing. I didn't even know when I was banned let alone for what comment. I would like to see the post, if is possible.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Demdem(m): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
^^^

Stop whinning boy. wait till next year hopefully u would have turned a new leaf.

The same treatment u melted on Okija grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus:

See your file:

Inciting tribal sentiment. I guess it's post like that that got me the ban in the first place. I see.
How about the saying that "once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." If I there is not solid ground, is ethnicity not adequate a reason for it? What is that crap about Mukina2 not be a Nigerian for? Is a woman married to a Nigerian not a Nigerian? Guy be real.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Demdem: ^^^

Stop whinning boy. wait till next year hopefully u would have turned a new leaf.

The same treatment u melted on Okija grin grin grin

Mr Retardeen, why don't you go and chorus your name 'retardeen' in some other thread.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Jarus(m): 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2012
PointB:

Inciting tribal sentiment. I guess it's post like that that got me the ban in the first place. I see.
How about the saying that "once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." If I there is not solid ground, is ethnicity not adequate a reason for it? What is that crap about Mukina2 not be a Nigerian for? Is a woman married to a Nigerian not a Nigerian? Guy be real.
LOL

Na you give Mukina Nigerian husband? grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Demdem(m): 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
PointB:

Mr Retardeen, why don't you go and chorus your name 'retardeen' in some other thread.

Av a taste of ur own medicine hypocrite. grin grin
Next year, u will be considered if u are of good behavior.
Am loving this. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Demdem(m): 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus:
LOL

Abegi leave the clown and let's focus on the crux of this thread. He isn't qualified. Case closed.
More nominations please.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus:
LOL

That is besides the point. Answer the substantial question in my post. Can I see the exact posts I was banned for, by both Mukina and you if you have nothing to hide. Beside, I am still confused as per what you said mukina2 banned me for, and why I was not informed until now. Don't you usually inform posters when they are banned and why? I know 'tribal cussfess' is typo, can I at least get the real words and the comments.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
Demdem:

Abegi leave the clown and let's focus on the crux of this thread. He isn't qualified. Case closed.
More nominations please.

This is how you guys ruin good thread. I am not complaining about the rules. I am just asking for simple explanations and perhaps the post I was banned for. How can one make amendment if he doesn't even know the crimes he committed.

Now watch Jarus, rather than settle my request amicably, he will look for another opportunity to ban me. Exactly what he did the last time. Then he will smile gleefully (sadistically) and explain to sycophants like you that he is teaching me online mores. And you will simply applaud.

When ask to reproduce the post he will claim he is not a bigot!

2 Likes

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Demdem(m): 2:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
[s]
PointB:

This is how you guys ruin good thread. I am not complaining about the rules. I am just asking for simple explanations and perhaps the post I was banned for. How can one make amendment if he doesn't even know the crimes he committed.

Now watch Jarus, rather than settle my request amicably, he will look for another opportunity to ban me. Exactly what he did the last time. Then he will smile gleefully (sadistically) and explain to sycophants like you that he is teaching me online mores. And you will simply applaud.

[/s]

Again u are talking crap. Is this thread meant for such? There is a complaint thread we all are encouraged to use and if u like send seun a mail directly. This thread is strictly for nominations and rules well stated and u are found wanting. Suck it up like a man, get rid of bigotry that has eaten u up and pray for a ban free next year.
Why should this be difficult for u to do.

1 Like

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2012
Demdem: [s][/s]

Again u are talking crap. Is this thread meant for such? There is a complaint thread we all are encouraged to use and if u like send seun a mail directly. This thread is strictly for nominations and rules well stated and u are found wanting. Suck it up like a man, get rid of bigotry that has eaten u up and pray for a ban free next year.
Why should this be difficult for u to do.

Your point has been noted. Incidentally, you are neither a mod nor supermod, and your opinion on this issue is a irrelevant as a scrap of wood on a construction site. You certainly will do much better if open a thread to shout 'retardeen' 7 times.

Back to the matter on ground.

Jarus informed the house that I was banned twice for hate/strong worded criticism and attempt to cause cause "tribal cussfess". Now many want to know what constitute such so as to avoid them. Failure to reproduce my comments here and perhaps explain why such comment deserved ban, leave me no other choice than to insist I was banned simply for ethnic reasons and bigotry of the mods. It's as simple as that.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Demdem(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
PointB:

Your point has been noted. Incidentally, you are neither a mod nor supermod, and your opinion on this issue is a irrelevant as a scrap of wood on a construction site. You certainly will do much better if open a thread to shout 'retardeen' 7 times.

Back to the matter on ground.

Jarus informed the house that I was banned twice for hate/strong worded criticism and attempt to cause cause "tribal cussfess". Now many want to know what constitute such so as to avoid them. Failure to reproduce my comments here and perhaps explain why such comment deserved ban, leave me no other choice than to insist I was banned simply for ethnic reasons and bigotry of the mods. It's as simple as that.

Hypocrite, u are simply pathetic. Why did u qoute me then to explain to me if my opinion doesn't matter grin grin
U can't have any explanation here on this thread. Deal with that. grin
Infact, if my memory doesn't fail me, I think we were both banned at the same time for the same offence. Just been banned once on this forum and all because of u. Even beaf in his cursed state didn't lead me to any ban.
Av suck mine up, why don't u.
Stop being a wussy, man up.

By the way u said many, do u mean u and ur fellow bigots? grin

1 Like

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
Demdem:

Hypocrite, u are simply pathetic. Why did u qoute me then to explain to me if my opinion doesn't matter grin grin
U can't have any explanation here on this thread. Deal with that. grin
Infact, if my memory doesn't fail me, I think we were both banned at the same time for the same offence. Just been banned once on this forum and all because of u. Even beaf in his cursed state didn't lead me to any ban.
Av suck mine up, why don't u.
Stop being a wussy, man up.

Nice to know I am responsible for your one and only ban on this forum. Shows how great I am. But if you don't mind, I have a more pressing task at hand now. So maybe you should take my advice on that "Retardeen" thread I suggested. It will help you deal with your disappointment. So:

PointB:

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Demdem(m): 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
PointB:

Nice to know I am responsible for your one and only ban on this forum. Shows how great I am. But if you don't mind, I have a more pressing task at hand now. So maybe you should take my advice on that "Retardeen" thread I suggested. It will help you deal with your disappointment. So:

Hypocrite, we were banned together and it was well deserved because we broke the rules.
Deal with that and stop crying. Are u a baby?
This thread is not for one mod to explain jack for u.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
Demdem:

Hypocrite, we were banned together and it was well deserved because we broke the rules.
Deal with that and stop crying. Are u a baby?
This thread is not for one mod to explain jack for u.

Quit being silly. How would I know whatever you were banned for, let alone when? Did I ban you?
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Jarus(m): 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hey guys, stop this.

Any comment by either of you after this, except on subject of the thread, is an invitation to another ban. Take the complaints to the complaints thread.

Nominations return pls.

Thank you.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Demdem(m): 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus: Hey guys, stop this.

Any comment by either of you after this, except on subject of the thread, is an invitation to another ban. Take the complaints to the complaints thread.

Nominations return pls.

Thank you.

Ok noted
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Jarus(m): 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
Demdem:

Ok noted

I have already served you 2-hours ban for the hidden post above.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by wesley80(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus banned PointB from Politics for Breaking express rule - criticizing with hate/ strong words. at October 12, 2012 at 12:07:59 PM. Ban expired at October 12, 2012 at 05:07:59 PM

@Jarus, can you with any honesty say Gbawe has'nt done worse without even as little as a caution let alone a ban? Instances abound of threads where Gbawe was clearly the agressor and he was pampered all through and such threads eventually locked or seen out! but a ban? not for NL's Mr Untouchable. Here are a few:

www.nairaland.com/989785/aig-imoukhuede-c-ttee-submits-interim

www.nairaland.com/989948/pdp-hijacked-nairaland#up

www.nairaland.com/933109/osun-kicks-off- n300m-hydro-power/2
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
Jarus: Hey guys, stop this.

Nominations return pls.

Thank you.

lol.

Exactly what I expected, and earlier noted:

Go ahead and ban me, and come back later and I tell the world you banned me for dissent. At least that will save you the stress of answering my simple request,

PointB:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

6 Out Of 8 PDP Lagos House Of Assembly Members Defect To APC / Nobody Is Talking About Dwindling Naira Value / Do We Need New States In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.