Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (19433 Views)

Bride To-be Grabs Her Fiance's Butt In Pre-wedding Photo / Club Exposes Girl Who Went Partying Without Her Fiance's Knowledge / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
paix: I stand to be corrected though, if the fiancée sees that her fiance's place needs a feminine touch, there's nothing wrong in doing one or two things to give the house a facelift.

AH! No o! There is something wrong.

But it is not wrong for her to sit her stewpid arsse down and expect to be treated very speeeecial on Valentines day just for him to "show he cares". grin

Some of them are looking for professional mugus called "Real Men".
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by dmcdad: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
paix: I stand to be corrected though, if the fiancée sees that her fiance's place needs a feminine touch, there's nothing wrong in doing one or two things to give the house a facelift.
You are very correct
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by dmcdad: 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

AH! No o! There is something wrong.

But it is not wrong for her to sit her stewpid arsse down and expect to be treated very speeeecial on Valentines day just for him to "show he cares". grin

Some of them are looking for professional mugus called "Real Men".
That is just a phantasmagoria.. Dm go look tire... Dis 1 wey men dn wise-up finish.. Dm neva c nofin!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by yme1(f): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
OCTAVO: It is now gradually becoming a norm that ladies should do house chores for their fiance (all in the name of after all we are gonna get married soon).
I mean stuffs like sweeping the entire compound, cooking, washing clothes on visits and lots more.
Some say it‘s wrong because too much intimacy might breed iniquity.
Some say it‘s right cos you need to test-run the capability of your soon-to-be wife.
Why i personally don‘t like this is that some men (including their family members) misuse/abuse this privilege.
What‘s your own take?
Epic fail at the bolded. . . . . No wonder most men cry out months into the marriage that their wives are sheep in wolf clothing undecided
I believe a woman should do all these because she wants to and feel it is the right thing to do
No woman will visit the inlaws and see the mother sweeping/cooking while she is busy doing nothing and yet she feels relaxed without offering a helping hand. (even me self go join chase the woman angry cheesy)

I can do the cooking part whole heartedly because I enjoy doing it, I do not mind sweeping either but as for washing the clothes with my hands, that one go hard ooo, I nor sure say the thing go clean sef angry angry (I would rather buy a washing machine and give it to them as a gift cheesy)

The opportunity can't be misused because I am not going to live there, just for visit abi? no wahala cheesy
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by yme1(f): 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ofcourse there is nothing wrong with that
if you show apprciation for it and do not act like it is her job to make sure your house is always sparkingly clean when she is not yet your wife then its all good
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
y me:
Epic fail at the bolded. . . . . No wonder most men cry out months into the marriage that their wives are sheep in wolf clothing undecided
I believe a woman should do all these because she wants to and feel it is the right thing to do
No woman will visit the inlaws and see the mother sweeping/cooking while she is busy doing nothing and yet she feels relaxed without offering a helping hand. (even me self go join chase the woman angry cheesy)

I can do the cooking part whole heartedly because I enjoy doing it, I do not mind sweeping either but as for washing the clothes with my hands, that one go hard ooo, I nor sure say the thing go clean sef angry angry (I would rather buy a washing machine and give it to them as a gift cheesy)

The opportunity can't be misused because I am not going to live there, just for visit abi? no wahala cheesy

Bloody South African girl!

Liar! Nigerian-wannabe. angry
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by 4444real06: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
And what about the women who do this chores under false pretence and the moment they are married they start to deviate. I'm not totally against women doing the chores for their fiance as that's how a man is going to find out if she's a wife material or not. Notwithstanding some people abuse this priviledge as aptly pointed out by the op, and to all intents and purposes I do not think it's sufficient enough in strictu sensu to abolish this process. It is by all odds sacrosanct.
[color=#000099][/color]

At the long run the originality of her character will come out and if you are sencitive enough you will see.

be wise in all things. Gbam
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by True2myself24(f): 4:04am On Dec 11, 2012
Sagamite:

This is rubbish.

At no point did he blame the woman. He asked "what would you do".

Some of us men too are capable of cleaning and cooking but not alot of us like doing it.

And very few of you women like men that don't spend money on you. Cut the crap!

And, for any sharp guy, you can't be wife material without domesticated/housemaid qualities. If not, what would you bring to his life?

Oh okay I get it...your house stays dirty not because you're not capable of doing it, but because you just don't feel like cleaning and cooking. Makes sense angry I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a woman cleaning and cooking for her fiancé, I do it for my fiance when I visit him during the weekends. But for him to judge if I'm wife material solely on whether or not I clean up after him is ridiculous. A woman should bring more to a man's life than just a tidy house. What about true character? What about intimacy? A relationship is more than just "does she cook for me?" and "does he pay my bills?" When you look back at the good times it should be more than just when she cooked and cleaned up your house or when he paid your last phone bill. What about the day you were both stressed out from work and you took a bubble bath together, or when you were looking for a new job and she helped you write a cover letter and a resume? There's so much more to what we think is "wife material" and "husband material." What will you do if, God forbid and something happens to your wife and she can do house chores for some time? And what will you expect your wife to do, if God forbid, you lose your job and you can't pay next month's rent? Sometimes men and women have to go back and forth with playing each other's roles to a certain extent. And don't tell me to cut the crap, a lot of women, especially here in the US, can take care ourselves financially, so there's no need to date a guy mainly for financial reasons. If my boyfriend wants to treat me on Christmas, Valentine's Day, my birthday, or whenever he feels like it GREAT! Yes I like it when he spends on me occasionally, but it isn't his duty to pay my phone bills, or my rent. He already has enough on his shoulders.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2012
True2myself24:

Oh okay I get it...your house stays dirty not because you're not capable of doing it, but because you just don't feel like cleaning and cooking. Makes sense angry I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a woman cleaning and cooking for her fiancé, I do it for my fiance when I visit him during the weekends. But for him to judge if I'm wife material solely on whether or not I clean up after him is ridiculous. A woman should bring more to a man's life than just a tidy house. What about true character? What about intimacy? A relationship is more than just "does she cook for me?" and "does he pay my bills?" When you look back at the good times it should be more than just when she cooked and cleaned up your house or when he paid your last phone bill. What about the day you were both stressed out from work and you took a bubble bath together, or when you were looking for a new job and she helped you write a cover letter and a resume? There's so much more to what we think is "wife material" and "husband material." What will you do if, God forbid and something happens to your wife and she can do house chores for some time? And what will you expect your wife to do, if God forbid, you lose your job and you can't pay next month's rent? Sometimes men and women have to go back and forth with playing each other's roles to a certain extent. And don't tell me to cut the crap, a lot of women, especially here in the US, can take care ourselves financially, so there's no need to date a guy mainly for financial reasons. If my boyfriend wants to treat me on Christmas, Valentine's Day, my birthday, or whenever he feels like it GREAT! Yes I like it when he spends on me occasionally, but it isn't his duty to pay my phone bills, or my rent. He already has enough on his shoulders.

First of all, tell me what you would do if you boyfriend refuses to celebrate Xmas, Valentine and your birthday. On those days he is not the type to even buy you a single present but he is a nice guy that is faithful and considerate.

Please tell me.

Then I think a lot of you women would do better in being good partners if you realise men don't give a shyt about the rubbish you think they give a shyt about.

I don't give a fck about you bubble baths. I don't think I would ever need you to help me with my CV. I don't give a fck about your having dinner by the beach. I don't give a fck about your strolling in the park when there is football on the TV.

That is not for me and not to my benefit. When such is done it is for your benefit (YOU are the one that likes it) and don't ever think it is something I value and your "fantastic" contribution to my life.

Women should start learning what they should bring to the table that would actually be valued.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sleek05(f): 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
I think dis topic is overflogged...@ sagamite n d likes, pls date ur housegrls dat'l gladly clean n wash 4u n let's have peace.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 5:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sleek05: I think dis topic is overflogged...@ sagamite n d likes, pls date ur housegrls dat'l gladly clean n wash 4u n let's have peace.

Just don't come running to insult me about "maturity" or "being responsible" when your game is up and you become an ATM (Anxious to Marry) and want me to take the goods.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
Most of the chics I have met do it regardless when they come to my house, especially the naija ones...

It's funny sometimes, however, I think it's a good thing....

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by True2myself24(f): 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sagamite:

First of all, tell me what you would do if you boyfriend refuses to celebrate Xmas, Valentine and your birthday. On those days he is not the type to even buy you a single present but he is a nice guy that is faithful and considerate.

Please tell me.

Then I think a lot of you women would do better in being good partners if you realise men don't give a shyt about the rubbish you think they give a shyt about.

I don't give a fck about you bubble baths. I don't think I would ever need you to help me with my CV. I don't give fck about your having dinner by the beach. I don't give a fck about your strolling in the park when there is football on the TV.

That is not for me and not to my benefit. When such is done it is for your benefit (YOU are the one that likes it) and don't ever think it is something I value and your "fantastic" contribution to my life.

Women should start learning what they should bring to the table that would actually be valued.

Alright I'm starting to get bored of this topic. Date who you please and be at peace. Deuces tongue
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sagamite:

considerate and doesn't do anything for my bday lmao
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by UncleJJ(m): 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
Cooking and cleaning should be reflex action fr women.

It says alot about ur upbringing and how u translate ur position as woman in the society.

Like i said earlier, if u dnt cook or clean ur better off as a intimacy machine or mistress.

P.s ... Women have more to gain frm marraige than men.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
UncleJJ:
I don't think a lifetime of faking orga.sms so that she can close her legs and go to sleep in peace wld be considered as "more to gain" undecided
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
mondi_cheeks: considerate and doesn't do anything for my bday lmao

Oh, so you expect him to do something for your birthday but you do not feel inconsiderate refusing to do his domestic stuff?

mondi_cheeks: I don't think a lifetime of faking orga.sms so that she can close her legs and go to sleep in peace wld be considered as "more to gain" undecided

So why around the world are they the ones desperate for and the champions for marriage?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 12, 2012
Sagamite:

I AM A MAN! shocked

Those are household orders. angry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShUpQVPHr5Q&

tongue grin

grin grin grin

you don't have any sense!! grin grin
looool.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 12, 2012
shymexx: Most of the chics I have met do it regardless when they come to my house, especially the naija ones...

It's funny sometimes, however, I think it's a good thing....

lol player player!!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 12, 2012
It's his house. He lives in it. Let him clean it!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Oh, so you expect him to do something for your birthday but you do not feel inconsiderate refusing to do his domestic stuff?
I will do something for his bday/christmas in return...if he can't look up after himself he can hire a maid or ask his mother to clean up his place
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by eimuhb(f): 10:46am On Dec 12, 2012
this Sagamite sef undecided undecided

UncleJJ:

cheesy cheesy cheesy, It's the society that over hype marriages.

Some men are just spermm donors, useless to the family and society.

Why do you think some men remarry after the wife's death and some women will prefer to be single and raise the children if she loses her husband.

It's because they can't cope without marriage especially the chores grin cheesy
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 12:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
mondi_cheeks: I will do something for his bday/christmas in return...if he can't look up after himself he can hire a maid or ask his mother to clean up his place

No 1, what I said was that "if you boyfriend refuses to celebrate Xmas, Valentine and your birthday". He has no interest in such, so if he is doing it, he is doing something he is not interested in to please. So why would he value your "do something for his bday/christmas in return". He is going to give you something you value highly and you are going to give him something of less to him?

No 2, that is why girls like you will always be shyt girlfriends. You have no or, at best, a warped concept of what a man wants. To females like you, it is not about what he wants, it is about what you think he should want. Horrible girlfriends not worth you even attempting to please, talkless of thinking of commiting to/staying with. Well guess what? He thinks you should not want to celebrate these nonsense days too and you should just be happy fcking but he still obliges.

As I said above:

"That is not for me and not to my benefit. When such is done it is for your benefit (YOU are the one that likes it) and don't ever think it is something I value and your "fantastic" contribution to my life.

Women should start learning what they should bring to the table that would actually be valued."

Fck your "do something for his bday/christmas in return". Most guys have no fcking interest in such things. Alpha males will tell girls like you to buy yourself a present or ask your mother to buy you one.

You would have made more sense if you had said: "I will give him the permission and blessing to shaggg any woman of his wish on his birthday or at Xmas". Then at least I can see some masculine-appeal value in your "return".
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sagamite:

No 2, that is why girls like you will always be sh yt girlfriends.
says the oliver twist who wants to date women way out of his league grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
mondi_cheeks: says the oliver twist who wants to date women way out of his league grin

More like a Godly Lothario with no woman out of his league.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sagamite:

More like a Godly Lothario with no woman out of his league.
if wishes were lamborghinis, everyone wld have one undecided
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
mondi_cheeks: if wishes were lamborghinis, everyone wld have one undecided

You have to go and learn how to please a man before you understand and appreciate what I am.

Stop all these feminist shyt.

https://www.nairaland.com/942597/why-women-own-worst-enemies/13#13209893

The minute you realise your best chance of winning battle of the sexes is to learn how to please a man and ensure a harmonious relationship irrespective of your biological disavantages, the better for you.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sagamite:

You have to go and learn how to please a man before you understand and appreciate what I am.

I don't hve the time, energy or ability to learn what U are...what u have revealled to me so far proves u are never worth the stress...u gossip like girl, ur idea of CLASSY is shaking naked butt for the camera and u like chasing what u clearly cant afford...there is nothing worth pleasing or appreciating abt u cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
mondi_cheeks: I don't hve the time, energy or ability to learn what U are...what u have revealled to me so far proves u are never worth the stress...u gossip like girl, ur idea of CLASSY is shaking naked butt for the camera and u like chasing what u clearly cant afford...there is nothing worth pleasing or appreciating abt u cheesy

You sure sound delusional, illogical, uneducated and like someone that lacks ratiocination if that is your summarisation of me. grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
*Kails*:

grin grin grin

you don't have any sense!! grin grin
looool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfJG1NchfzY

I am the God of Intelligence.

tongue grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sagamite:

You sure sound delusional, illogical, uneducated and like someone that lacks ratiocination if that is your summarisation of me. grin
mr educated man, the right word wld have been 'rationalisation' not 'ratiocination' grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? by Sagamite(m): 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
mondi_cheeks: mr educated man, the right word wld have been 'rationalisation' not 'ratiocination' grin

Ms Uneducated, get your dictionary out and look for the meaning of the word "ratiocinate".

I know it is obvious the quality of my education is out of your league, so big words might be a challenge.

This is one of the reasons why I date only women miles above your league.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? / My Dream Is To Marry A White Girl Pls Help Me Out / See What Some Boys Are Doing To A Lady Inside A House Party (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.