Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame (9708 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
Some people here will accuse you of what they are worse guilty for. Tell me the legacy of Barth Nnaji? Really I can't situate any reasonable reason to nominate him outside tribal consderation.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by MAYOWAAK: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
HALL OF FAME:Pastor Tunde Bakare for speaking truth to power at the risk of his life.

HALL OF SHAME:Chinwe Achebe(sic) for polluting the younger generation with his bitterness in his book:THERE WAS NEVER A COUNTRY(SIC)

10 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
Jarus..

Please I would like to recall my nomination for Hall of Shame to be replaced with Chinua Achebe for creating further division among southerners with his tales of lies he calls "There was a country".
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
Hall of fame : pastor tunde bakare hall of shame: chinua achebe
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by peckhamboi: 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
Hall Of Fame:
Pastor Tunde Bakare: For always standing by the truth and his selfless activism

Hall Of Shame:
Goodluck Jonathan: For making monumental corruption the order of the day

1 Like

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by dayokanu(m): 6:47am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: Tunde Bakare

Honorable mention Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, Okorosha, Oshiomhole

Hall of Shame : Chinua Achebe

Notable mentions Retardeen Jonathan, Ayo Oritsejafor, Farook Lawan, Ifeanyi Uba

4 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by tjadeba(m): 9:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of fame: Yet to see any of Nigeria's politician in that frame,so I give it to the NIGERIAN PEOPLE who stood against the draconian fuel subsidy removal.

Hall of shame: I used the word on three people this year
1. Farouk Lawan
2. Aluu 4 mobsters
3. Chinua Achebe for authoring falsehood

Thank you all
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: BARTH NNAJI for lighting up Nigeria and demonstrating integrity by resigning when there was a clash of interest.

Hall of Shame: FAROUK LAWAN for betraying the confidence reposed in him by innocent Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by floriana(m): 9:46am On Dec 05, 2012
wesley80: Can I voice my disapproval of some of the nominations? I mean could we discuss the merits or demerits of nominations as they come in? dont wanna derail cos I'm desperate to end the year without a ban! Some feat that would be.
Wesley 80 is a paid online agent of the Jonathan govt. His identification number is 80. His interest is in shooting down nominations that will not favour his paymasters.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by nagoma(m): 9:46am On Dec 05, 2012
Fame -Pastor Bakare & El-Rufai for saying it as it is always. For their patriotism.
Shame - GEJ - for a thousand and one reasons including incompetence and cluelessness and championing corruption. There are many people fully qualified for this award of shame but none of them can beat Jona. He is determined to be a permanent recipient as long as he remains the clueless president that he is.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall du Famè: Tunde Bakare, The Standard Bearer and Light to this country.

Full, sorry Hall of Shame: Chinua Achebe for Trying to Distort and Portray a Totally New View of History to me and future generations.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by joseph1832(m): 9:59am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of fame should be the Nigerian youth! They stood up in one voice and openly call for justice in respect of Cynthia Osokogu and the Aluu 4! I still give them kudos.

Hall of shame should be the Federal Governemnt of Nigeria who idly stood by and said the country is safe when people are being bloom to bits and for telling the whole world that they are wining the fight against corruption when Nigeria was said to be the corrupt country in Africa right under there nose!.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by chuglothen(f): 9:59am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of fame- Unfortunately, no Nigerian deserves that because behind every justice fighter lies the uncontrollable zeal to turn corrupt when offered d right amount of money...Reuben Abati for example

Hall of shame- GEJ as d head, all Nigerian politicians except Fashola, Rochas Okorocha and Oshiomole
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by juliebest(f): 10:02am On Dec 05, 2012
For HALL OF SHAME: FAROUK LAWAN, for the shameful dollar saga.
Let me think about HALL of Fame.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by gbigbega: 10:02am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: Pastor Tunde Bakare for being a true prophet of God, crying for the redemption of Nigeria without fear

Hall of Shame: Farouk Lawal. I thinnk he qualifies all other people that are nominees for in this group - The Judge that stole the booty.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: ALIKO DANGOTE
For his efforts so far as regards unemployment in this country, and also for donating over N2.5Billion to flood victims, when every other persons, politicians, MOG including the busy-body attention seeking Bakare could not do anything other that make some over-the-air noise in the house of God politics.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Geomac: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: Pastor Tunde Bakare

Hall of shame: Farouk Lawal
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Sheriffc(m): 10:33am On Dec 05, 2012
chosen04: HALL OF FAME:: Chinua Achebe :: For letting the whole know that the Charade Sage is actually a MASS MURDERER of members of the future generations.

HALL OF SHAME:: All blind supporters of the Sage :: Shame must be another word for that "that man must be right because he is my tribal sage".

You sound so bitter about the great Sage, AWOLOWO, and it is so easy to know where you're from. According to the nomination rules you can not nominate Awo into the Hall of Shame, this is 2012 bro; please don't let your hate for this great Nigerian becloud your sense of sight to read and reason. Let go of the past so as to move on, Prof Achebe's account of the Civil war, I guess, is not mention to create monsters who hate.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 05, 2012
Wow lol
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Sheriffc(m): 10:50am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: Pastor Tunde Bakare...For his doggedness and forthrightness towards
liberating Nigeria and Nigerians from the claw of the evil and insensitive leadership we're plagued with.

Hall of Shame: (Dis)honourable Farooq Lawan... For the heart-ache disappointment he dropped on us (Nigerians). He flung his fad of intergrity for a pot of porridge.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by ortopazz(m): 10:57am On Dec 05, 2012
My hall of Fame will definitely be the Nigerian boy who embarrased the minister of state foreign affairs in New York early this year, He was bold, vicious and straight up, he told to the Minister too go home,, , the guys that protested with him to shud be celebrated. try to get the link for those who dint get to see it!

2. Even if it wnt count, the Fmr Deputy Gov.of Akwa Ibom State for resigning, I mean it was one of a kind.

Hall of Shame
Farouk lawan obviously am still disapointed with this man.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by honeric01(m): 10:59am On Dec 05, 2012
My 2012 Annual politics section hall of fame/shame

Hall of Fame: Pastor Tunde Bakare for refusing to alight from his John the Baptist chariot of speaking the RAW and BITTER truth even though majority of those who he's trying to help are too empty-headed to comprehend and even when the rest of his pastor friends are busy competing with private jets acquisition. (God bless your soul) wink wink wink

Hall of shame: The only president when speaking, you need to ask again who that person is because there's nothing presidential about him. no other than PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBERE AZUBIKE BABANGIDA JONATHAN (shame should be added to his surname) angry angry angry angry
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 05, 2012
wesley80:
Hall of fame should go to SEC DG Arunma Oteh . It took uncommon courage to look straight into the face of a House committee chairman and call him a crook on live TV. I'll never forget the shell - shocked look on Hembe's face as he licked his suddenly drying lips endlessly like an Iguana - absolutely classic.

Hall of shame? I cant look beyond Farouk Lawan. From Mr Integrity to "Cap Banker", that's medal winning shame!
U just made my day lmao @ licking his lips like an iguana
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Donmeca(m): 11:05am On Dec 05, 2012
Good thread. Have been out of NL politics ***just frontpaging***

Hall of fame: Barth Nnaji (I saw a man with vision; who was on a mission to better d Nigerian power sector. Wish he stayed)

Hall of shame: Femi Fanny-Kayode (a confused human mistake who keeps misleading his followers. What was his senseless article on Obama for? . . . and there were more: his tirade against Chinua Achebe showed how disrespectful a fooolish man can get. He is s shame to all silver-spoon Nigerian youths).
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by ortopazz(m): 11:06am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by PHIPEX(m): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: Bath Nnaji for proving that we can have Electricity 24/7 in Nigeria if the govt is serious. His impact was felt by all Nigerians in the little time he spend in govt both rich and poor, his achievement is the major record the govt of GEJ has till date and resigned when the ovation was loudest; that is the hallmark of a hero.

Hall of Shame: Farouk Lawan for betrayal of trust of 160 Million Nigerian for few thousands of Dollars. He broke the heart of everyone who knew him and still refused to resign and save whatever honour he has left. Infact he made a mess of the entire National Assembly, who else does the Crown fit better?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Donmeca(m): 11:15am On Dec 05, 2012
Sheriff©:

You sound so bitter about the great Sage, AWOLOWO, and it is so easy to know where you're from. According to the nomination rules you can not nominate Awo into the Hall of Shame, this is 2012 bro; please don't let your hate for this great Nigerian becloud your sense of sight to read and reason. Let go of the past so as to move on, Prof Achebe's account of the Civil war, I guess, is not mention to create monsters who hate.

In a bid to fault and insult another man, u just made a great foool of urself. Ur blind love for the Sage (whom I don't hate by any means) has made u so blind and unable to read his post which clearly stated "all blind supporters of d sage". He just nominated u and ur like for the hall of shame and u proved him so right. #SHAME

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by snthesis(m): 11:23am On Dec 05, 2012
this thread has been hijacked and polarized,herd mentality has set in
one group of sheeps will nominate Past Tunde Bakare based on religion - the question is what did he freaking do- to deserve such a nomination?
another group would want to nominate Prof Barth Nnaji- because its become a tribal defense issue-

pls nominate an individual based on the effect he/she had on u during the year under review

hall of fame- loading
hall of shame- Farouk Lawan, Hembe
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by bknight: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: Fuel Subsidy Protesters.

Hall of Shame: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (G.C.F.R, Ph.D, F.O.O.L, G.C.O.N, P.D.P, M.U.M.U, M.Sc, H.I.V) dummy! angry
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Donmeca(m): 11:26am On Dec 05, 2012
^^^ @snthesis; and what has "loading" had on u during the year under review? We need to b decisiveness among our youths!
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by la1(m): 11:26am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall Of Fame: Babatunde Raji Fashola- for pushing forward with the herculean task of developing lagos state in spite of critisism of elitism and unfairness, he has held the craft of state very steady, also fro his exemplary and visionary approach to governance, plus his policies affect me directly in an altogether positive way.

Hall Of Shame: Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan- largely for being a bare faced liar, and the new acronym (GEJ) for corruption and paddyism in government, also for single handedly becommming the poster boy of division in nigeria, we have never been this divided as a people and a nation be it tribal or religious. a leader should inspire, a leader should unite.unfortunately he possesses none of these attributes.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Buc(m): 11:37am On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of shame 'RELIGION', for raising the bar of segregation in our society higher and promoting materialism.
Hall of fame 'NAIRALAND', for being a platform where societal ills are being discussed freely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference / Armed Herdsmen Feeding Their Cows With A Farmer's Yam Harvest In Benue (video) / Buhari To Launch Free Health Scheme For Women, Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.