Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame (9553 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2012
To all our respected contributors and guests,

In 2010, we introduced NAIRALAND POLITICS SECTION HALL OF FAME/SHAME, which we believe is a way of acknowledging Nigerian public personalities that have made their marks in the year under consideration, as well as naming those that bring their names or our nation into odisrepute in the given year.

In 2010, we inducted MR SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI into our HALL OF FAME, basically for boldly exposing, and standing by same, the proportion of our national wealth going into the servicing of National Assembly: https://www.nairaland.com/565376/nairaland-politics-section-hall-fame/1#7353190

For the HALL OF SHAME 2010, the famed CABAL clinched the unenviable slot, for holding the whole country to ransom when ailing President Yar'adua was away: https://www.nairaland.com/570036/nairalands-politics-sections-hall-shame

In 2011, the SLAIN CORPERS, who were cut down in their prime for offering to assist INEC in the conduct of that year's elections were inducted by Nairalanders into our HALL OF FAME https://www.nairaland.com/825602/slain-corpers-inducted-into-nairaland

Same year, PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN was inducted into the SHAME BOOK, for a turbulent start into his four years campaign, signposted by fuel subsidy conundrum, insecurity etc: https://www.nairaland.com/825604/gej-inducted-into-nairaland-politics

Now, it's 2012, who enters our FAME/SHAME book?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
SOME CRITERIA:
-The person must be a Nigerian
-He must be a public figure or political personality or suddenly made a public figure by events
-His wrong or bad doing must have been discussed on Nairaland Politics Section here
-The outstanding/shameful act must have been done in 2012. So pls don't tell us you are nominating IBB because he kiled Dele Giwa or you are nominating Nuhu Ribadu because he arrested Tafa Balogun.
-No arbitrariness please. Tell us what he/she did to deserve the nomination and back up with link or past thread.

STAGE 1: Nomination (3-17 December, 2012)
STAGE 2: Voting for the top 3 nominated (17-31 December, 2012)

Please let's bolden our nominations for ease of compiling.

Start nominating.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Afam4eva(m): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
Booked
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2012
Subscribing...
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by fatdon1(m): 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2012
My HALL OF FAME MAN IS; Gov ROCHAS OKOROCHA. For providing free education for the people of IMO STATE.
www.nairaland.com/1106187/gov-rochas-okorocha-launches-free

4 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by olawalebabs(m): 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hall of Fame: Occupy Nigeria: The subsidy protest in Nigeria open a new channel in the civil responsibility and consciousness of Nigerian.
Hall of Shame: Faruk Lawan The way he disappoint millions of Nigerian who has trust in him.

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by wesley80(m): 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hall of fame should go to SEC DG Arunma Oteh . It took uncommon courage to look straight into the face of a House committee chairman and call him a crook on live TV. I'll never forget the shell - shocked look on Hembe's face as he licked his suddenly drying lips endlessly like an Iguana - absolutely classic.

Hall of shame? I cant look beyond Farouk Lawan. From Mr Integrity to "Cap Banker", that's medal winning shame!

11 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hall of fame:Prof. Barth Nnaji for his improvement on the power sector during his tenure as minister of power. Hall of shame: Reuben Abati for making our president to continously spew trash.smh

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Afam4eva(m): 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hall of fame: Prof Barth NNaji for making electricity available in his short stint as minister.

Hall of Shame: That should be between Farook Lawan and the Aluu4 mobsters.

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Caracta(f): 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hall of Shame: Farouk Lawan for getting involved in a shady deal and disappointing Nigerians.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by wesley80(m): 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2012
@Jarus, can we have a debate approval/disapproval as we nominate?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
wesley80: @Jarus, can we have a debate approval/disapproval as we nominate?
I don't get that. Could you expatiate?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by wesley80(m): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
Can I voice my disapproval of some of the nominations? I mean could we discuss the merits or demerits of nominations as they come in? dont wanna derail cos I'm desperate to end the year without a ban! Some feat that would be.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
wesley80: Can I voice my disapproval of some of the nominations? I mean could we discuss the merits or demerits of nominations as they come in? dont wanna derail cos I'm desperate to end the year without a ban! Some feat that would be.
LOL @ ending year without ban.

Methink who is hero to one person can be a villain to another person, but like they say, majority are hardly wrong, why not let us base it on who the majority think i.e most nominated, and later most voted for?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
You are however free to explain to us why a nominee is not worth it, or why he is, perhaps that may influence other members from nominating the person or otherwise. But we wont officially drop anybody based on the fact that you give us reason why he doesnt deserve it. We would consider that your personal opinion and other members are free to make or modify their choice based on it.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2012
hall of fame - tunde bakare for instigating occupy nigeria
hall of shame - jona the aso rock drinkard for

subsidy removal
boko haram
govt of new media propagandists
entroning corruption

5 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by dafman10(m): 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
@ Jarus continue to hide my post u hear. So much for FOS.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by wesley80(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2012
olawalebabs: Hall of Fame: Occupy Nigeria: The subsidy protest in Nigeria open a new channel in the civil responsibility and consciousness of Nigerian.

Occupy Nigeria achieved nothing other than set back the deregulation of the downstream sector. It was merely an opportunity for most to demonstrate their discontent with govt even when they knew the policy was ultimately for their own good, now here we are back where we started buying fuel upwards 120 naira and near zero investment in the downstream sector.
If you say it awoke a channel of civil consciousness, then I'd like to know where the occupiers have been all these while with citizens at the mercy of marketers. Truth is Nigerians are back to their docile worst and the so called Occupy Nigeria, a fruit that got rotten even before it had a chance to ripen.

14 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by wesley80(m): 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
afam4eva: Hall of fame: Prof Barth NNaji for making electricity available in his short stint as minister.

Hall of Shame: That should be between Farook Lawan and the Aluu4 mobsters.

Yeah, Barth did pretty well but what's a start without a complementing finish? His glory would be taken by someone else sadly. Aluu4 has got no'n to do with politics.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by olawalebabs(m): 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
wesley80:

Occupy Nigeria achieved nothing other than set back the deregulation of the downstream sector. It was merely an opportunity for most to demonstrate their discontent with govt even when they knew the policy was ultimately for their own good, now here we are back where we started buying fuel upwards 120 naira and near zero investment in the downstream sector.
If you say it awoke a channel of civil consciousness, then I'd like to know where the occupiers have been all these while with citizens at the mercy of marketers. Truth is Nigerians are back to their docile worst and the so called Occupy Nigeria, a fruit that got rotten even before it had a chance to ripen.

What I meant by occupy Nigeria are not the labour leaders but the faithful civil societies.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by wesley80(m): 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2012
olawalebabs:
What I meant by occupy Nigeria are not the labour leaders but the faithful civil societies.
Yeah, I meant them as well. How "faithful were they"? Pushing folks onto streets without themselves having a fundamental grasp of the core issues. In the final analysis, the occupiers only occupied for petrol marketers and became economic saboteurs rather than the emancipators they thought they were.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by olawalebabs(m): 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
wesley80:
Yeah, I meant them as well. How "faithful were they"? Pushing folks onto streets without themselves having a fundamental grasp of the core issues. In the final analysis, the occupiers only occupied for petrol marketers and became economic saboteurs rather than the emancipators they thought they were.

We can't but give it to them, they raised some fundamental issues which should be look into, also they have succeeded in raising the civil awareness among the populace.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by wesley80(m): 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
^ Comparable to who? Tunisians, Egyptians or Syrians? What manner of awareness? Awareness that brings docility or at the very best "twitter activism"? humour me.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by chosen04(f): 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2012
wesley80: ^ Comparable to who? Tunisians, Egyptians or Syrians? What manner of awareness? Awareness that brings docility or at the very best "twitter activism"? humour me.

@What do u intend to achieve with this your indirect support for full deregulation when even the proceed from the partial deregulation have all vanished?

1 Like

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by biolabee(m): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
olawalebabs: Hall of Fame: Occupy Nigeria: The subsidy protest in Nigeria open a new channel in the civil responsibility and consciousness of Nigerian.
Hall of Shame: Faruk Lawan The way he disappoint millions of Nigerian who has trust in him.

Cyber activism was a superb movement which shook this cabal to their roots
I support

1 Like

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by olawalebabs(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
chosen04:

@What do u intend to achieve with this your indirect support for full deregulation when even the proceed from the partial deregulation have all vanished?

I don't think he is using this to support full deregulation.
@wesley, all those countries you mention have one think in common that is not in us. They are Arabs, and Arab are naturally aggressive and rebellion, Nigerian on the other hand are reserved and always believe in the natural cause of things (you know we are too religious) therefore, in that regards you can't compare us. Government on it part acknowledge the partial success of the occupy movement by way of deploying the army to the meeting ground. The occupy movement will forever be a reference point in the history of protest in Nigeria. Don't forget that the prosecution of the subsidy cabal is as a result of the movement.

1 Like

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by chosen04(f): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
HALL OF FAME:: Chinua Achebe :: For letting the whole know that the Charade Sage is actually a MASS MURDERER of members of the future generations.

HALL OF SHAME:: All blind supporters of the Sage :: Shame must be another word for that "that man must be right because he is my tribal sage".

1 Like

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by wesley80(m): 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
olawalebabs:
I don't think he is using this to support full deregulation.
@wesley, all those countries you mention have one think in common that is not in us. They are Arabs, and Arab are naturally aggressive and rebellion, Nigerian on the other hand are reserved and always believe in the natural cause of things (you know we are too religious) therefore, in that regards you can't compare us. Government on it part acknowledge the partial success of the occupy movement by way of deploying the army to the meeting ground. The occupy movement will forever be a reference point in the history of protest in Nigeria. Don't forget that the prosecution of the subsidy cabal is as a result of the movement.

You do have a very valid point here I've got to say esp the prosecution of the cabals bit. However, my point is the #occupy was supposed to be our version of the Arab spring, an awakening, our own peoples revolution if you like, but it never was because the advocates of mass action never had a sellable CAUSE and their zeal was misplaced hence the lack of unanimity in the support of mass action and that's exactly what explains the present indifference to the pervading situation. In summary, the occupy movement was a failure allbeit with some measure of success.

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by olawalebabs(m): 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
wesley80:

You do have a very valid point here I've got to say esp the prosecution of the cabals bit. However, my point is the #occupy was supposed to be our version of the Arab spring, an awakening, our own peoples revolution if you like, but it never was because the advocates of mass action never had a sellable CAUSE and their zeal was misplaced hence the lack of unanimity in the support of mass action and that's exactly what explains the present indifference to the pervading situation. In summary, the occupy movement was a failure allbeit with some measure of success.

That last statement sum is up, the 'imperfection' of the movement is why we are all human.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
Pls who is chinwe achebe? Do u mean chinua achebe?
chosen04: HALL OF FAME:: Chinwe Achebe :: For letting the whole know that the Charade Sage is actually a MASS MURDERER of members of the future generations.

HALL OF SHAME:: All blind supporters of the Sage :: Shame must be another word for that "that man must be right because he is my tribal sage".
i had to read this comment over and over again to get the drift. Damn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pix Of The Female Sucide Bomber(viewers Discretion) / PDP To Hold Presidential Campaign Rally In Lagos On Monday / Senate Rejects Naval Research Institute In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.