Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame (9562 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by BOAR: 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: Nigerian protesters at the fuel subsidy rally

Hall of Shame: Boko Haram for killing innocent Nigerians in some parts of the North.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by peddy231(m): 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of fame: Barth Nnaji for the improvement in power supply before his resignation

Hall of shame: Farouk lawan for his involvement in faroukgate scandal

1 Like

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by DonaldGenes(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
Donald loves this post
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by gidiMonsta(m): 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of fame: #OccupyNigeria, Uncle Fash, Owelle Rochas, Comrade Adams.

Hall of shame: PointB (for his disqualification of Okija juju.) , Abubakar Shekau, Chinua Achebe
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by GARRIx7(m): 12:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
gidiMonsta:
Hall of shame: PointB (for his disqualification of Okija juju.) , Abubakar Shekau, Chinua Achebe
cheesy
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by luvmijeje(f): 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of fame:THE FUEL SUBSIDY PROTESTERS.I was at ojota and I just couldn't believe the level patriotism and the level of civil awareness which gives me hope dat there ll be a revolutn in dis country very soon.
Hall of shame:PRESIDENT JONATHAN.It was my first time of voting and I voted wrongly.The president is clueless,inefficient,corrupt and heartless.Just can't wait 4 2015.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by PointB: 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
gidiMonsta: Hall of fame: #OccupyNigeria, Uncle Fash, Owelle Rochas, Comrade Adams.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by olivertwist: 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame:
Tunde Bakare
Gov Babatunde Fashola
Honourable Gbawe of NL
Sahara Reporters

Hall of Shame:
200 Million Mumus in Nigeria
Boko Haram
GEJ
National Assembly
The Judiciary
Farouk
Beaf
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Demdem(m): 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
Baring any last minute rigging, it seems our president, the Retardeen is again in the running to eventually win the hall of shame. Not surprising. It will definately be a record that will take some time to beat no doubt. 2 consecutive wins, not bad.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Afam4eva(m): 1:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
Demdem: Baring any last minute rigging, it seems our president, the Retardeen is again in the running to eventually win the hall of shame. Not surprising. It will definately be a record that will take some time to beat no doubt. 2 consecutive wins
Did he win it last year?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: Prof Barth Nnaji, 4 achieving a feat no Nigerian has done b4 wt d PHCN(Very corrupt establishment).
Hall of Shame: Faruk Lawan(cap banker); GEJ(i dnt give a damn); Lamido Sanusi(one wk one trouble) & Okonjo iweala(madam debt 'accumulator') 4 their prevarications & pusillanimous pomposity in d yr 2012.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
utumunta: Hall of Fame: Prof Barth Nnaji, 4 achieving a feat no Nigerian has done b4 wt d PHCN(Very corrupt establishment).
Hall of Shame: Faruk Lawan(cap banker); GEJ(i dnt give a damn); Lamido Sanusi(one wk one trouble) & Okonjo iweala(madam debt 'accumulator') 4 their prevarications & pusillanimous pomposity in d yr 2012.

Is this Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon? cheesy grin
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Demdem(m): 2:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
Did he win it last year?

Afam read my post again. i acknowledged that fact.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by truth4meal(m): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
HALL OF FAME: for me I will align with the Occupy Nigeria Movement. I share the majority opinion of a Pastor Tunde Bakare for his appetite for truth and brazen doggedness in advocating for better governance but voting for him alone at the expense of many other Nigerians who refuel civil protest in the country to me is unfair. We have people who lost lay down lives so our voice against GEJ's ill subsidy policy could be heard. We have people arrested and beaten for a cause that benefit us all. I salute Pastor Tunde Bakare but I align with occupy nigeria.

HALL OF FAME: PASTORS - Nigerian pastors to me are identities of shame. Displaying gross affluence when your members couldn't afford a meal. Buying private jets worth billion when your members couldn't afford an okada tyre. For never chastening the stupidity of our political looters. I can forgive a man who defraud me in the name of democracy but not a man who defraud me in the name of God.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by wesley80(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
Demdem:

Afam read my post again. i acknowledged that fact.

Forgive him for not believing you, your foolishness is legendary!

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Demdem(m): 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
wesley80:

Forgive him for not believing, my foolishness is legendary!

Fixed cool cool

of cos i know. Its also hereditary grin grin
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
wesley80:

Occupy Nigeria achieved nothing other than set back the deregulation of the downstream sector. It was merely an opportunity for most to demonstrate their discontent with govt even when they knew the policy was ultimately for their own good, now here we are back where we started buying fuel upwards 120 naira and near zero investment in the downstream sector.
If you say it awoke a channel of civil consciousness, then I'd like to know where the occupiers have been all these while with citizens at the mercy of marketers. Truth is Nigerians are back to their docile worst and the so called Occupy Nigeria, a fruit that got rotten even before it had a chance to ripen.

The deregulation was Ill timed and the protesters had every right to complain and voice their discontent in a country that has about 70% below poverty line,. The govt should repair the refineries, cut down on senseless waste( for instance 10 presidential jets), govt officials should start feeding themselves and maintaining their own cars. The bogus estacodes they get on courses should be drastically reduced. The national assembly is not a job. They should stop getting the bogus allowances they appropriate to themselves. If govt can implement just these and many other reforms, Nigeria will not be perpetually on the brink of bankruptcy. Subsidy is the only benefit Nigerians are getting from govt in a country without a form of Medicare for the aged or social security or unemployment benefits for the teeming unemployed.
The long and short of it all is that we need a visionary, an intellectual(not by PhD), a philosopher-king, a leader. Not a charlatan or completely clueless opportunist. That's why I still nominate goodluck Jonathan for the hall of shame and Tunde Bakare for the hall of fame for daring to speak up and stand for his principles. He reminds me of prophet Jeremiah.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Ejine(m): 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
I typed my own post on this Hall of Fame/Shame thread, but my faulty browser network wiped the whole damned thing cry Now I'm too tired to type another one.

Wesley80: LTNC
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by BeraBera(f): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of FAME Mrs Folorunsho Alakija, for being a philantropist with a heart of gold, for being a source of hope to widows
https://www.nairaland.com/1118392/folorunsho-alakija-surpasses-oprah-

HALL OF SHAME: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, for his heartless policies and advice to the government. Imagine advising govt to sack civil servants, when thousands of people are out there unemployed.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by TheKingsQueen: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: I wanted to nominate someone else before, but I just saw this thread ( https://www.nairaland.com/1123133/nigeria-anti-corruption-index-improves-ti ) and I changed my mind to Goodluck Jonathan. Well, he's trying in the fight against corruption, only that he's not as fast as we expect.

Hall of shame: That has to be Mallam el rufai for joblessly peddling falsehood and spewing hate on Twitter
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by sleekdot(m): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of fame : Sahara Reporters

Hall of shame : Chinua Achebe
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by ceah(m): 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of Fame: Pastor Tunde Bakare
Hall of Shame: Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan

I will get back with my reasons... cool
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by osifred(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
It is a tough one between lawal farouk and gej nevertheless am nominating gej for hall of shame. I tink it will be fair if he wins the title for the second time in a row.

No nominee for hall of fame. Wait , am nominating members of nairaland for their political activism. What ever that mean
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Demdem(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
I think its time for the mods to collate the figures for us undecided
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by enyice(m): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
Occupy nigeria never had any meaningful or direct positive impact on me, i still fuel my car with over #120 per liter and i havent seen anybody indicted in the subsidy cabal properly probed, i would rather vote for something i can feel as i write this comment. For once in my whole life, i could spend a week without fueling my generator courtesy of PHCN. This is what i'v always wanted and i must admit, i am indebted to whoever made it possible.... Therefore, my
HALL OF FAME GOES TO: BARTH NNAJI and
HALL OF SHAME GOES TO: FAROUK LAWAN
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by wesley80(m): 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ejiné:
Wesley80: LTNC

Yeah, I guess we all need an occasional break. Would luv to read your take on the subject though.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by maasoap(m): 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of fame: Pastor Tunde Bakare[b]

Hall of shame: Faruq Lawal. I was even defending him not knowing he was worthless.
[/b]
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by ceah(m): 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
@Jarus...Can you do the collation and let us know how far ?
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by kennylat: 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hall of fame: Barth nnaji

Hall of Shame: Chinua Achebe
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Jarus(m): 6:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
CURRENT STANDING

HALL OF FAME
1, Tunde Bakare - 18
2, Barth Nnaji - 10
3, OccupyNigeria Protesters - 9
4, Rochas Okorocha - 1
5, Chinua Achebe - 1
6, Arunma Oteh - 1
7, Nigerian Youths - 1
8, Aliko Dangote - 1
9, Nasir El-Rufai - 1
10, Omoyele Sowore for challenging Foreign Affairs Minister in NYC - 1
11, Babatunde Fashola - 1
12, Foloeunsho Alakija - 1
13, Goodluck Jonathan - 1
14, Sahara Reporters - 1
15, Nairalanders - 1

HALL OF SHAME
1, Faruk Lawan - 18
2, GEJ - 15
3, Chinua Achebe - 6
4, Oyo state govt - 1
5, Awo defenders - 1
6, Tunde Bakare - 1
7, Reuben Abati - 1
8, FGN - 1
9, Femi Fani-Kayode - 1
10, Boko Haram - 1
11, Abubakar Shekau - 1
12, All Nigerians - 1
13, Nigerian Pastors - 1
14, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi - 1
15, El-Rufai - 1

NB: For those that nominated more than 1 person per category, we only chose the first one.

Top 3 in each category make it to final round (voting) at the close of nomination.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Demdem(m): 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
^^^^

Not bad, Retardeen is having a good run.
Re: 3rd Annual Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by PointB: 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
Farouk the son of Lawan (Theme: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer)

You know Salisu Buhari
And Ghali Naa’ba
Patricia called Etteh
And Bank-ole and so on

But do you recall,
The most crooked representathief?

Farouk the son of Lawan
Was a very outspoken man
And if you ever knew him,
You would even say upright

All of the other looters
Use to hail and call him good
They always doff their hats
For Mr. Integrity

Then one foggy subsidy probe
Otedola came with doughs
While the tapes rolled frame by frame
Farouk caroused the doughs

When Nairalanders heard these
They collapsed in heaps and sighs
"Farcrook the son of Lawan
You belong to the Hall of Shame!"

Keep the nominations coming, let's nail this crook! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pix Of The Female Sucide Bomber(viewers Discretion) / We Have 400 Witnesses Willing To Testify Against President – PDP Tells Tribunal / Ortom Swears-In Panel Of Inquiry To Investigate Police Brutality In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.