Stats: 3,194,085 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts (24061 Views)

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Why Did Christian Missionaries Claim That The Panare Indians Killed Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

You could as well go and find out how king Solomon made his money !
God bless us
gifts from people who admired and respected him. Same is applicable to Bishop/prophet Oyedepo to some extent. I duno how far though.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by pipeewa(m): 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2012
So many ppl are still in darkness so thick you could touch it. I came in contact with Oyedepo in 2003 through my brother who I preached to and gave his life to Christ. He started living well and came in contact with this man of God. I discovered He has not only corrected his ways morally and spiritually but also I tried so hard to meet up with him intellectually. He talks abt Oyedepo so much I had to try him out. He has a trolley load of Papa's books and other writers Oyedepo recommends. Bishop Idahosa, Kenneth Hagin, kenneth Copeland, Myles Munroe all this are great men of God and best authors sought after around the world. My life turned around cos I was shown the truth. What happens to me after I have given my life to Jesus? What does God promise me? Is it just to enter heaven and be wretched on earth? NO sir. They taught me all these and my life found a new path. Oyedepo taught me how to live a holy life to access God's goodness, he taught me how to love the Lord and my nieghbors. He taught me how to give to God, people, and the likes. He has tot me alot that I could neva have known today. If He did anything wrong I pray God forgive him cos he is still a man. But His positives are just too overwhelming to make me think of all the accusations the bad eggs spew out everyday. Maybe someone needs to try this man out and sit down with his books too. Each title deals with different life issues. It has really worked for me.

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
jt2010:

If this your statement "I'm aware Oyedele has oil rig which he received as gift" is correct, then i guess the pastor need to spent some time in EFCC's cell.
Why
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Eziachi: 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Hahahahaha !
Is that how you understood it it ? Well it is good becos you can teach a hundred sermon just from a verse in the bible but all the sermon will agree with each other.
Now please explain the below becos they are on same 1 corinthians 9 !
''In the same way God has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel-1 Corinthians 9:14
God bless us
God has already blessed you, for being alive messings about with his name and words, stop waiting when you will equal Dangotes of this world to know he has blessed you.
Workers of lawlessness.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :
U BETTER STOP ALL THESE BEFORE HOLY SPIRIT AND THE GOD OF OYEDEPO GIVE U A DIRTY SLAP. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THIS IS A HONOURED BISHOP OF THE GOSPEL? PLS DO NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THIS MAN OF GOD AND THE MESIAH OF OUR TIME. TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED SON...SAYS THE BIBLE.
Which messiah
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
omar22: He said he didnt use Tithes!!! That settles it

Did he say he didnt use church Offering?

Look he could ask his church members that he wants to build a uni, that each member should contribute xxxx amount!!! I could remember during "Daddy GO's" recent birthday he sent his message around that he doesnt want any gift apart from financial gifts for a certain project! and thats what he got!!!
GBAM!!! That settles it. The MOG didn't say he didn't use offerings to build the school! He said he didn't use tithes! To settle the whole thing, donations/offerings @gifts were giving for the school to be built. If the man had said he didn't use any form of offerings, them he can be termed a liar but not in this case
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by TableLeg(m): 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
Vanneni: gifts from people who admired and respected him. Same is applicable to Bishop/prophet Oyedepo to some extent. I duno how far though.
How much did you get paid by OLE-depo to come and promote/defend him on this forum
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Leadn(m): 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
Vanneni: How do you knowand how sure are you that what you know is the fact

Rhetorical question right??
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by logica(m): 7:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
Vanneni: Which messia
Hahahahahaha
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
Eziachi:
You are now the spoke person for God? Evil men always rap themselves around God.
Lord! I gave bags of rice in your name
Lord! I received private jet as gift in your name
Lord! I build Universities in your name
Lord! I paid my lecturers millions annually in your name
Lord! I buy the latest cars for my sidekicks known as branch pastors in your name
Lord! I wine and dined for the Pharaoh of my time in your name.
Lord! I slept with a members childless wife in your name.
Lord! Now that the sister is pregnant, it shows that you Lord well blessed that intimacy.
Lord! I received a huge gift offering in your name from the husband-he doesn't need to know
Get away from me-You workers of lawless- I don't know you-said the lord.

Hello! Gullible followers, some one has to fulfill that prophesy uttered more than 2000 years ago. Apostle Paul made it clear that God is not a dictator, but true sign of Christianity is having and independent mind guided by the scriptures and question every utterances of men before swallowing as many wolves will come under a sheep covering.
So how does all you've written relates to what you quoted
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
lovejo: when I first read Bishop Oyedepo's assertion on this Convenant University project I know the statement was not complete due to the following reason.
1. If they did not collect the offering and special contributions does not mean that the church has not contributed to the building of Convenant University, congregations has been giving offering many years back , which is certainly part of the funds for this project.

2. Convenant University belongs to Winners Chapel, Winners Chapel are major stakeholder due to their investment in the University either directly or indirectly , all members of winners chapel are stakeholder in Convenant University and that is the sole reason the University is listed under non-for-profit organisation.

3. The bible says our God is not author of confusion, so Bishop should make a clear statement on public interest like this to clear the air and not to allow many people guessing who the fund the university project, church or other investors, such as bank.

I agree with you. He should publicly state the university's funding source so as to dispell all doubt and confusion in the minds of those who are asking. After he has done that, anyone who still wants to talk has God to contend with if he's really serving the only true God.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by naughtybig(m): 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2012
Table Leg :

How much did you get paid by OLE-depo to come and promote/defend him on this forum
...there are milions of us who will gladly defend him with our lives, so back off!
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Vincent41(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2012
modicum: Bishop David Oyedepo may be right altogether in his assertion that the Covenant University was not built with tithes and offerings of parishioners. There are some possible scenarios and some very impossible ones in considerations here. Let's start with the impossible ones first

1.) He couldn't have raised the funds to build the university from the royalty he gets from his books
2.) He couldn't have done same from any form of income he makes that are legitimate (I will like to be taken up on that).
3.) He couldn't have done it with any partner(s) from abroad known or unknown.

The possibilities could be any or combination of the following
1.) Such huge funds could only be raised by investors that do not want to be named, which means it is a venture or an investment that pays dividends. That possibility is remote but could be advanced.
2.) He could have raised money from Capital market to do it, but no data to back up that argument publicly or secretly.
3.) Or is it possible that Oyedepo is being used to front private University by some powerful entity who doesn't want to be seen or known. Very remote possibility.
4.) Such huge funds can also be easily sourced if Oyedepo is into Oil deals and collecting subsidies (we just heard about one Folorunso Alakija topping Oprah's money as the richest woman in the world). There is huge money in the Nigeria Oil sector to be made, and I remember Obasanjo calling the prominent Nigerian Pastors contractors in religious cloak. Very high possibility if what Oyedepo claim is true
5.) The only other possibility is that Oyedepo is lying about his story. That's about 90% possible with me.

If you disown the people at a critical time like this then something is startegically wrong somewhere. Every missionary institution that I was born to see in Nigeria claim they built everything with donations and offerings of people elsewhere. This case is very different and we need to critically examine it.

taaaaaa na pure lie biko
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
Table Leg :

It doesnt settle anything ... He could be lying .... He is not any different from the average human being and therefore he can sin over and over again....
And when i mean sin, its not just lying here ... but stealing and fraudulently obtaining or obtaining by deception!
I am pretty much certain David Oyedepo dipped into church funds, tithes and offerings to amass some of his personal wealth and assets!
What makes you so pretty sure
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by ronnietilo: 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2012
He has an Oil Bloc.....
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
Table Leg :

Shut the fu/ck up, you bloody troglodyte!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, FUNNY! grin grin hmmmm....funny people everywhere. Waha world filled with many different varieties of human character 8-) !
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by naughtybig(m): 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2012
rusher14:
So let's say you were still living in penury till this time. What would have been your opinion of Oyedepo?
What if you had been sitting on your behind waiting for manna?
Thing is, God is not a slot machine. So stop making Him out to be.
...is it only oyedepo God has to take care of the poor? How many of you here think of the poor when you go out to buy cars and other things as such as you need? However this man of God has and is still continuing to be a source of material blessings to lot of poor and deprived people, have been a beneficiary at one point before God changed my life. Hundreds of thousands of students are on his schorlaship every year. That he doesnt call press conference to announce this doesnt mean he isnt doing it. Many of you critics here what have you done with your life? Your money? Except to talk, thats all you do.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
Eziachi:
That is exactly the truth- Nigerians are like most Jews during Jesus time, they are only interested in miracles, especially the ones that will immediately and directly benefits them but once the subject becomes about the future (kingdom of God to come on earth), they are not interested and will disperse.
Nigerians and their pastors thinks that this God is stupid.
If the likes of Oyedepo is to stop telling politicians that the out come of their election rigging has nothing to do with God's approval-
That your ten containers in the open sea has nothing to do with God's approval or blessing-
That God gives us children whether you love him or not, just like he give both good/bad people air to breath and sunlight.
That when you are sick, go to hospital and get an adequate medical treatment and pray that the treatment work and if it doesn't, it part of what we are as imperfect human in an imperfect world-
They will all run away, because their love of God is purely based on selfish and instant gratification and their very skillful pastors knew this fact and they are feeding on it.
I agree with you on this. It will be very difficult to find people who will still wholeheartedly follow after God when pure undilluted christianity is preached to them. It's true that many christians are following God because of what they intend to get from Him. Will people still follow God even when He refuses to heal them of a disease they've been asking Him to heal them of? Will they still love Hi even when He refuses to make them materially rich
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Hustling for GOD is good hustling !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
bankylan: @Modicum.....This is just too shallow......Trying to find the source of wealth of a man God has blessed by applying logic is pretty dumb.

While young men like you are giving millions of naira for the work of God, you put yourself in a position of one of the poor that will rather be looking for a man of God to give to them.
I have never seen a blessed man criticize men of God that are blessed..it has always been the pastime of the poor, the jobless, and the frustrated. You can claim to be a Christian by religion. But being a Christian by religion does not guarantee you success and wealth if you don't follow the principle of Jesus Christ. Covenant university if built by the giving of young men and women who understand the principle of Christ. My friend is one of those people that gave to Covenant even while he was struggling as a man. Today, God has blessed him.

Young man, I don't pray for money....I only need to look for opportunity to sow.

Have you wondered why your criticism has not affected the men of God. Do want to say you are more intelligent than thousands of believers that go to winners on Sundays and worship God with their substance. I am not a member of winners, but I pray God bless me more so that I can sow into the ministry. I need to tap a grace there.
Watch out, my own private jet is coming.....If I can afford one, I will buy one...if I can build a University, I will build one.
I like this grin
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by lomprico(m): 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ben Global: If e pain una make una go open una own church,if ur gods is poor my GOD is nt....free d guy jor

Your god = oyedepo. We know.

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
Eziachi:
It shows how wicked Jesus say many like you will become by twisting God's word to suit your evil actions.
What apostle Paul was referring to there to the Corinthians is not about them acquiring new houses or the latest chariots, the materialism he is referring is the direct physical benefit one get when a spiritual seed sown in a person works.

For a example-1 If you you are to sow a spiritual seed in a person, maybe to help and successfully convince a smoker, a gambler or a drug abuser to stop doing those things, he will reap the material benefit of a good health, better use the money he spent on smoking or drug/gambling.
He is not talking about be accumulation of material money wealth as a direct link to a successful spiritual seed.

-2 If the spiritual seed sown is to work in many of us and we becomes good people, the material benefit is that we will have less crime victims, less money building and maintaining prisons and the money will be then used for other better things and less tax and that benefits everybody.
That is what apostle Paul is what apostle Pal was talking about.
This how you and your pastors twist God's word to suit what you are doing. And you claim to know the scriptures. Shame.
Yes as a rabbi, Jesus is exempted from tax based on Rabbinic law, which the Roman governor/prefects respect to maintain peace among the Pharisees that collect taxes for them. But Jesus decides to pay, just not to be like them or for the people to conclude that he is of the same breed as their dictatorial rabbis in the temple. That is how much you knew.
There is no one single interpretation for any particular text in the Bible. What m.k.o wrote isn't wrong at all. The way the Holy Spirit has interpreted it to him is quite different from the way it has been interpreted to you. The Bible says, God's words are new every morning. And He is not an author of confusion. There shouldn't be all these arguments and disagreements if the Holy Spirit of God is truly ruling in all our hearts.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

It might not even be any of the two reasons you gave above ! Sure definitely not for the 'HAVE NOT ' ! May not necessarily be for profit ! But may just be to have a QUALITY university in all ramification ! We cry everyday that the standard of education in Nigeria is very very poor ! Hence the establishment of COVENANT university by Bishop David Oyedepo so that we acn in no distant time compete favourably with our our international competitors ! The school fees might be high but NO ONE is looking at that becos WE don't want to compromise standard that may come up as result of low school fees ! Pls wen i say WE or NO ONE I mean the administartors of the school and those who's wards and children are there ! After all no be Ghost them they there !
Who knows another vision will come up soon that will run with drop in or NO school fees at all !
God bless us
AMEN! grin
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by lomprico(m): 8:42pm On Dec 12, 2012
biggybig: ...ever wonder what makes for such legendary loyalty? Or you think loyalty is cheap? Even gaining ordinary loyalty from people isnt easy. Not sure anyone of you here has been in any leadership position you would have known how hard it is to command such legendary loyalty. What makes a leader command such legendary loyalty? Impact! Many of those members join that church poor and wretched, now many are milionaires and bilionaires. Many of them during their trying times were not only fed with hope, but fed through the welfare program of the church and their children sent to school through oyedepos scholarship..so do u think gives a damn about what you people write here or say. Their loyalty is born of eternal impacts.

Atiku has loyalists, likewise ibb, obj,if abacha was alive he too will have loyalist. And I belive their loyalty is born of "your eternal" impacts which are also monetary and wordly material things.

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
Eziachi:
Because your crooked idea of God's blessing is simply gets rich and that is simply the theme of your pastors. People like you will never knew the air you breath, the daily sunshine, Snow, photosynthesis, that makes our food to grow and beautiful plants and animals around us,atmospheric water cycle, seas, rivers and ocean full of food are all God's blessings.
Unless you becomes over night rich, God hates you, that is the theory of modern Nigerian Christianity.

The Chinese and Russians economy is booming, these people don't even believe in God, if money is the measure of God's blessings, I wonder if God was drunk when he made them prosperous?
Many past and modern Kings AND RULERS are not known God lovers, it never stop them becoming rich either, how does that supports your theory of riches equal God's blessings? Goons!
I like you because you must counter everything to bring out your point. But you almost alwasys end your points with insults to others which shouldn't be. smiley
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Hahahahaha !
Is that how you understood it it ? Well it is good becos you can teach a hundred sermon just from a verse in the bible but all the sermon will agree with each other.
God bless us
ABSOLUTELY TRUE grin
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
Table Leg :

My friend shut up .... The fact of the matter is that the wealth, riches and assets they have amassed are very likely to have come from the pockets of the church members ... And bottom line is that it is wrong!
Such people do not need to be preaching and propagating the word of God!
Gullible and brainwashed people like you need to wake up and smell the coffee!!!
Initially you said you were pretty sure he was stealing church funds now you're saying, it's likely he's stealing. Let's leave that one for God to deal with. We are not even supposed to be having all these arguments sef. sad

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Whether men of GOD lie or tell the truth,God can not lie ! If christ said said that if ur faith could be as small as the muster seed you can say to the mountain move from here to there and that you will do even greater things than myself(JESUS)''
If Jesus said the above,i believe becos i know that HE said so and HE is LORD over ALL ! And if i beleive,i can do all things through christ that strengthens me ! Such is the saying of the true men of God !
In life,we have things in fake and original !
God bless us
. I know God cannot lie. I just wanted that person to tell me what he meant because he said all men of God these days are lying to the public.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

No more than one ! I think God is planning to bless him with some more !
God bless us
OK smiley
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Chuksgeo: 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
when it comes to religion, Nigerians are too emotional, well my take on this issue is that there is too much poverty in the country and yet a lot of pastors are so rich that they own expensive private jets, even more than one, and a whole lot of expensive properties yet their members are dying of hunger, dropping out of schools due to to lack of fund etc even looking for job where These churches have the capacity to set up industries, well if Oyedepo says CU was not built with CHURCH MONEY(TITHES,OFFERINGS,DONATIONS ETC) then its only God that knows the real truth but all I know is that nobody is immune to lying or slip of tongue as they say.

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
cold: This is a no-brainer! Bishop Oyedepo is lying through his teeth & this much is as clear as daylight. Can someone please point me in the direction of a business or businesses Oyedepo was running before the establishment of his church. Nigerians are so gullible it's mind boggling. Sheesh!

He is lying and so what!!! Whatelse can u do? Sue him to court naa... Only to make empty boasts in NL una sabi... Its cheap dats y sha...
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
Reyginus: I have a problem with this kind of thinking.
I am God.

Before... is he a natural man like u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Disappears After Death Of Two Brothers During Spiritual Bath / Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / Nigerian Imam Converts To Christianity After Hearing the Voice of Jesus

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96