Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts (23752 Views)

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Why Did Christian Missionaries Claim That The Panare Indians Killed Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by onobi7: 12:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
nep2ra: I think he's right when he says CU wasn't built from Tithes and Offerings. I'm aware there were SPECIAL SEEDS sown towards the building of the University. People paid SACRIFICIAL OFFERINGS and paid VOWS. These are different from the regular tithes and offerings.
If he claims none of these went to the building of the University then that means he built it from his own capital and that makes it his university and not the church's own.

There is no other way to put forward this argument than stated above by nep2ra. If you have eyes see and if you have ears hear!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Yooguyz: 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
baby_123: You dont even need to analyse this deeply. You can tell when someone is lying. And in this case, Oyedepo is clearly lying. I wonder who gave him money? He should sha make sure he gives at least 10 students free scholarship every year from his church. They deserve it. They paid for the school. wink
it could also be that he was ascribing the success of covenant university to God almighty
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
modicum: Bishop David Oyedepo may be right altogether in his assertion that the Covenant University was not built with tithes and offerings of parishioners. There are some possible scenarios and some very impossible ones in considerations here. Let's start with the impossible ones first

1.) He couldn't have raised the funds to build the university from the royalty he gets from his books
2.) He couldn't have done same from any form of income he makes that are legitimate (I will like to be taken up on that).
3.) He couldn't have done it with any partner(s) from abroad known or unknown.

The possibilities could be any or combination of the following
1.) Such huge funds could only be raised by investors that do not want to be named, which means it is a venture or an investment that pays dividends. That possibility is remote but could be advanced.
2.) He could have raised money from Capital market to do it, but no data to back up that argument publicly or secretly.
3.) Or is it possible that Oyedepo is being used to front private University by some powerful entity who doesn't want to be seen or known. Very remote possibility.
4.) Such huge funds can also be easily sourced if Oyedepo is into Oil deals and collecting subsidies (we just heard about one Folorunso Alakija topping Oprah's money as the richest woman in the world). There is huge money in the Nigeria Oil sector to be made, and I remember Obasanjo calling the prominent Nigerian Pastors contractors in religious cloak. Very high possibility if what Oyedepo claim is true
5.) The only other possibility is that Oyedepo is lying about his story. That's about 90% possible with me.

If you disown the people at a critical time like this then something is startegically wrong somewhere. Every missionary institution that I was born to see in Nigeria claim they built everything with donations and offerings of people elsewhere. This case is very different and we need to critically examine it.
Another negative story for the MAN OF GOD ! Let all men be liars but for sure God is forever truthful ! The word of God said that surely they will gather but becos their gathering is not of GOD ,they will surely scatter !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by SisiKill1: 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
Yooguyz: it could also be that he was ascribing the success of covenant university to God almighty

Yeah, makes sense especially since it's a well known fact that when He is not busy watching over the people who worship Him in spirit and in truth, He takes up Brick laying and Cement mixing.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by stuhporh: 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
pictures: Are his followers complaining? Na wa for busy bodies . The man
has done more than the federal government . If he really built that
university within 7 months and Nigerian government cannot build our roads and provide
stable light with trillions at their disposal.This man ought to be given an award.
Personally it's not my business where he got his money from , don't muzzle the
Ox that tread the vine . Abi is that not in your bible ? Deuteronomy 25vs4

What? built + 7months = compare fed govt
how about private = president, senate, rep, ministers
better still Globacom = Nitel
you gat'b kidding me!!!!

[quote]Personally it's not my business where he got his money from , don't muzzle the
Ox that tread the vine[/qoute]

We (Nigerians) need to stop thinking this way. we need to know where he got money from.
This shows inability of crime investigation units. this man should be interviewed for interogations. WHERE DID YOU GET THE MONEY

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by stuhporh: 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
pictures: Are his followers complaining? Na wa for busy bodies . The man
has done more than the federal government . If he really built that
university within 7 months and Nigerian government cannot build our roads and provide
stable light with trillions at their disposal.This man ought to be given an award.
Ox that tread the vine . Abi is that not in your bible ? Deuteronomy 25vs4

you gat'b kidding me!!!!

Ox that tread the vine

We (Nigerians) need to stop thinking this way. we need to know where he got money from.
This shows inability of crime investigation units. this man should be interviewed for interogations. WHERE DID YOU GET THE MONEY
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Leadn(m): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
Oyedepo??
Dude is a thief that would die by the sword, so why bother disturbing yurself

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by PapaBrowne(m): 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
modicum: Bishop David Oyedepo may be right altogether in his assertion that the Covenant University was not built with tithes and offerings of parishioners. There are some possible scenarios and some very impossible ones in considerations here. Let's start with the impossible ones first

1.) He couldn't have raised the funds to build the university from the royalty he gets from his books
2.) He couldn't have done same from any form of income he makes that are legitimate (I will like to be taken up on that).

1.) Such huge funds could only be raised by investors that do not want to be named, which means it is a venture or an investment that pays dividends. That possibility is remote but could be advanced.
2.) He could have raised money from Capital market to do it, but no data to back up that argument publicly or secretly.
3.) Or is it possible that Oyedepo is being used to front private University by some powerful entity who doesn't want to be seen or known. Very remote possibility.
4.) Such huge funds can also be easily sourced if Oyedepo is into Oil deals and collecting subsidies (we just heard about one Folorunso Alakija topping Oprah's money as the richest woman in the world). There is huge money in the Nigeria Oil sector to be made, and I remember Obasanjo calling the prominent Nigerian Pastors contractors in religious cloak. Very high possibility if what Oyedepo claim is true
5.) The only other possibility is that Oyedepo is lying about his story. That's about 90% possible with me.

If you disown the people at a critical time like this then something is startegically wrong somewhere. Every missionary institution that I was born to see in Nigeria claim they built everything with donations and offerings of people elsewhere. This case is very different and we need to critically examine it.

A display of absolute ignorance.
And it is this attitude that bedevils this country.

The Governor of a state which you belong, steals billions and buys lavish properties in Dubai ... You say nothing, you do nothing. Infact, many of your type celebrate his crass performance.

A Pastor, whose members are extremely happy with his leadership, builds the best University in Nigeria, charges a fee below the cost of training a student.... you come here feeling smart attacking his explanation. That he cared to explain sef is a favour he has done for you which you should be extremely thankful for!!

First you are not a member of his organisation. Secondly, his members are extremely happy with him. If you talk to winners members you'd see they feel like part owners of the institution. This idea of taking panadol for someone else's headache is a key symptom of the pull him down syndrome prevalent in our society.

When you have the influence of someone of Oyedepo's class, you can turn anything to money. Do you have any idea what it means to have over 5 million people take the word that spews from your mouth as authority over their lives? If you publish a book, they want it in droves. If you give a speech, they want the CDs in numbers. Whatever you do turns to wealth. And they buy because they benefit. Its not business. It is just what it is. Anybody that influences lives would be wealthy.
The gifts alone that accrue to these guys because of the influence God has endowed them with and the lives they've touched is unquantifiable.

Please Mr Pessimist, do the maths yourself. Afterwards, ask yourself this question. Why is it that these churches keep getting bigger. Why is it that members stay put and are willing to pay tithes, give offerings, buy more books and CDs.And the members I reference are Bank Managers, Successful Businessmen, Doctors, Lawyers and in a nutshell, people with the capacity to think for themselves. Stroll into a church and you see well dressed individuals with chubby faces and a car park filled with the best cars you can find in town.
These people are capable of thinking for themselves. They don't need your help.

9 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
stuhporh:

you gat'b kidding me!!!!

You could as well go and find out how king Solomon made his money !
God bless us

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
PapaBrowne:

The Governor of a state which you belong, steals billions and buys lavish properties in Dubai ... You say nothing, you do nothing. Infact, many of your type celebrate his crass performance.

A Pastor, whose members are extremely happy with his leadership, builds the best University in Nigeria, charges a fee below the cost of training a student.... you come here feeling smart attacking his explanation. That he cared to explain sef is a favour to he has done for you which you should be extremely thankful for!!

First you are not a member of his organisation. Secondly, his members are extremely happy with him. I've talked to winners members and they feel like part owners of the institution. This idea of taking panadol for someone else's headache is a key symptom of the pull him down syndrome prevalent in our society.

When you have the influence of someone of Oyedepo's class, you can turn anything to money. Do you have any idea what it means to have over 5 million people take the word that spews from your mouth as authority over their lives? If you publish a book, they buy in droves. If you give a speech, they buy the CDs in numbers. Whatever you do turns to wealth. And they buy because they benefit. Its not business. It is just what it is. Anybody that influences lives would be wealthy.
The gifts alone that accrue to these guys because of the influence God has endowed them with and the lives they've touched.

Please Mr Pessimist, do the maths yourself. Afterwards, ask yourself this question. Why is it that these churches keep getting bigger. Why is it that members stay put and are willing to pay tithes, give offerings, buy more books and CDs.And the members I reference are Bank Managers, Successful Businessmen, Doctors, Lawyers and in a nutshell, people with the capacity to thing for themselves. Stroll into a church and you see well dressed individuals with chubby faces and a car park filled with the best cars you can find in town.
That's how it is wen God's hand comes upon a thing !
Unbelievers and heathens alike will be thinking like the pharaohs and Egyptians of old and God's children will be moving until they get to the promised land(HEAVEN) !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
Leadn: Oyedepo??
You want to kill some body that did not do anything to you ? God will keep you alive for you to see what HE will do with HIS servant Oyedepo. I also pray that you will be among those that will rapture on the last day if Jesus did not tarry so you can see how possible,awesome and glorious it will be ascending into Heaven with Oyedepo and other true men of GOD you have bin clamoring for their death by the sword !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by jt2010: 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
Joagbaje:

Before this thread came out. I have said it several times that a pastor is only a steward . No real man of God will use church money to buy plane and so on. Im glad he confirm this . We commit a lot of sin by assumptions . Many Christians have a lot to be judged by God for all the lies we have peddled against ministers .

I'm aware Oyedele has oil rig which he received as gift . Apart from other doors of wealth open to him. Can we just think for a moment "what if I'm wrong " we have spread false information without fact . Those who say he use church money, where did they get the fact from. Did they investigate to know he used church money.

It is believed that among every 12 people there will be a judas or a disloyal fellow . So no matter the degree of what you refer to as blind followership , if its true that the man of God lied there will still be a disgruntled or disloyal person inside who will seize opportunity like this to destroy him by exposing him.

If the man say he didn't use church money. We should take his word for it. Any one with contrary opinion should prove it.

Lastly , saying the man of God should disclose where he got his money from doesn'take sense. He doesn't owe anybody such information. Either it's from bank or foreign partners and investors , it's not anyone's business.

Let's not forget Satan has not stopped his work as accuser of the brethren. He also labelled Jesus as a dupe .

John 7:12
And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.

If this your statement "I'm aware Oyedele has oil rig which he received as gift" is correct, then i guess the pastor need to spent some time in EFCC's cell.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by stuhporh: 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
nep2ra: I think he's right when he says CU wasn't built from Tithes and Offerings. I'm aware there were SPECIAL SEEDS sown towards the building of the University. People paid SACRIFICIAL OFFERINGS and paid VOWS. These are different from the regular tithes and offerings.
If he claims none of these went to the building of the University then that means he built it from his own capital and that makes it his university and not the church's own.
Well Sir, to enlighten the thread a lil bit. If he had said "yes, it was built from tithes" that is acceptable, because the man of GOD is entitled to the tithes and tithes only.
I am not saying he stole money or he is lying. i am saying that, in a society, when one can not proof source of wealth he should be investigated. check the investments, invvestors, ask why they paid, what for? when was the transaction made and all of this. EFCC deey look now[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]. they think na only government officials they should check
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2012
What the OP has simply done is to analyse the facts, by examining other ways the University projects could have been funded, without tithe....

Defenders of Bishop Oyedepo, I was expecting, should be factual like the OP, rather than whipping up sentiments....

When I was attending Winners' Chapel at the time, and there was a donation called CU donation offering that members pay, to fund Covenant University.

Yes, Bishop Oyedepo might be right by saying it wasn't tithe money, but there were donations that were collected from church members by the church, to fund the University.

You don't have to be very smart to persuade church members to make donations... Just offer them good health, successes etc in exchange for their donations. lol

If life's problems are that simple, developed countries wont be investing trillions into cancer research, don't you think? They will just order their citizens to pay tithes....lol...

We get fooled in Nigeria because we won't use our brains and because of bad governance.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
stuhporh:

you gat'b kidding me!!!!

Ox that tread the vine

You could as well go and find out how king Solomon made his money !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by baby124: 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
etymology: @baby123: SHUT UP! who told you he's lying. for ur info, C.U has a sister university called Landmark university and more than 60 percent of its students are on scholarship!!!! so dont you come up here talking trash! aho are you to judge a man of God? have u judged ur self?!!!!! angry angry[color=#990000][/color]

Shattap there! I say he is lying. Before he started as a pastor, point to any property or business he had that will fund such a project. I am also a woman of God, closer to God than Oyedepo. So you better fear me. Ode. "Touch not the annointed". cheesy. Maga like you. You have every reason to vex, me sef go vex after being magalized.

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by abitex577(m): 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
stagger: The issue with many Nigerians is that they bother themselves with irrelevant stuff. Covenant University was not built with tithes and offerings.

As at June 2009 when ASUU was trying to get the government to honour their 2001 agreement, Covenant University was paying Professors N13million per annum. I am not sure any university in Nigeria pays salaries to the degree CU pays. Not to talk of amenities, etc.

Bishop Oyedepo has many income sources he will never come out to say and he is not obliged to explain to anybody. I know a year he received so many car gifts that they were eventually auctioned to church members because they were too many.

God's blessings cannot be quantified in Naira and Kobo and certainly not by the workings and calculations of mere mortals like us.

I was worship in Living Faith Church, Ota in the year 2002 after my youth service waiting for employment opportunities and remember vividly the church raising money to build Convenant University. The Special seed to be paid to the church was according to parish members ability and envelops where given on which was written "CUP" meaning Convenant University Project. Every month parish members gave for this project.

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by bunchyproject(m): 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
Thank God For Wot He is doing
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by DarkKnight1: 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
Whether the university was built with Church money or not should not be an issue.The fact that the Man Of God was able to invest in Nigeria is a plus.Anyone who has been to CU will attest to this.CU ranks among the top 3 universities in Nigeria today,if not the best.

If the man of God is lying,we can only leave him to his God to judge him.

As for the OP,i think you should focus on the greater good.So rather than take up issues that are too wonderful for your understanding,I suggest that you invest your wisdom in other productive ventures.(who knows.Perhaps your most outstanding achievement in life may never be anything close to building a university.who knows?).

If all the so called rich men in Nigeria have invested their wealth in this country,we would be far more advanced that Most European Countries.
This issue has received undue publicity.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by abitex577(m): 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2012

Paying sacrificial offering, tithes, project seeds, giving to Missions are all Offerings, that is why the bible clearly said "Present yourselves as living sacrifices (Offerings), holy and acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service - Roms 12:1.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by jites(m): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
PapaBrowne:

A Pastor, whose members are extremely happy with his leadership, builds the best University in Nigeria, charges a fee below the cost of training a student.... you come here feeling smart attacking his explanation. That he cared to explain sef is a favour to he has done for you which you should be extremely thankful for!!

First you are not a member of his organisation. Secondly, his members are extremely happy with him. If you talk to winners members you'd see they feel like part owners of the institution. This idea of taking panadol for someone else's headache is a key symptom of the pull him down syndrome prevalent in our society.

When you have the influence of someone of Oyedepo's class, you can turn anything to money. Do you have any idea what it means to have over 5 million people take the word that spews from your mouth as authority over their lives? If you publish a book, they want it in droves. If you give a speech, they want the CDs in numbers. Whatever you do turns to wealth. And they buy because they benefit. Its not business. It is just what it is. Anybody that influences lives would be wealthy.
The gifts alone that accrue to these guys because of the influence God has endowed them with and the lives they've touched is unquantifiable.

Please Mr Pessimist, do the maths yourself. Afterwards, ask yourself this question. Why is it that these churches keep getting bigger. Why is it that members stay put and are willing to pay tithes, give offerings, buy more books and CDs.And the members I reference are Bank Managers, Successful Businessmen, Doctors, Lawyers and in a nutshell, people with the capacity to thing for themselves. Stroll into a church and you see well dressed individuals with chubby faces and a car park filled with the best cars you can find in town.

You couldn't have said it better. I am A WINNER any very proud to be ONE, I have never seen a WINNER complain any day about anything the only people who complains are not winners like the OP. and if you think WINNERS have been brain washed please do me a favour go into the church and see the calibre of people that worship there, these are leaders in their own right. Now a lot of people woke up this morning, unbelievers, arm robbers, thieves etc but as far as i know GOD is the one who through his mercies made me to wake up this morning, now you can call that brain washing or whatever you want to call it. I know for sure that my family was once evicted from a flat because we could not afford the rent and all our properties seized but to cut a long story short. i have completed BA degree in London, bought a house in London, own more than 3 cars, bought a new car recently not tokunbor, own a sucessful businesses in Nigeria, currently building a 3 bedroom bungalow and a BQ that i intend give to someone else to live in rent free all these done with legitimate income through the wisdom of GOD and by listening to the messages of BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO. Now dont get me wrong, you can also acquire 100 x more than this without being a christian or a WINNER but as for me i know that GOD blessed me with all these and he is still blessing me or oh yeah lest i forget i still give offerings in church. now if this is what being brainwash brings then i dont mind being brain washed all my life. to end this please and please please let BISHOP OYEDEPO BE and mind your own business. I have been following Bishop Oyedepo messages since i was a little boy in my village, i once borrowed money just to attend shillo, then you would have called me a fool but now i have results, undeniable results to show for it. i am now 35, i was taught to live a holy life in winners chapel, to live righteously, to not be dubious or fraudulent, to love GOD with all my heart and to do good to the best of my ability. to be honest i learnt morals from church, so it wasnt all prosperity preaching. a word is enough for the wise, please again mind your business and it will help you. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Bokoharam: 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
This is the summary of today's average Nigerian Christian:

Tell them that Jesus is a liar, is stupid, is irresponsible, they would do nothing bc Christians by conduct are not violent, and don't fight for their God. But tell them that their pastor lied, or stole, and they would fight you with every venom in their arsenal. So shameful that people are defending nonsense, fraud, criminality and wickedness exhibited by 'Men of God'.

These same pastors are the ones dragging the name of Jesus to the mud--a wonderful Jesus, who lived a modest life, never associated himself with the riches of this world, and never found frolicking with the powers that were; a man who chose to go to Jerusalem with the cheapest means of transportation in His time (a borrowed ass!); a man who never collected froml those who came to Him, but rather gave them free food. Will Jesus ever forgive the church of today?

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by BenGlobal1(m): 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
If e pain una make una go open una own church,if ur gods is poor my GOD is nt....free d guy jor
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Image123(m): 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
Is there even any proof that Oyedepo said Covenant wasn't built with offerings? Any proof before all these arguments.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by BenGlobal1(m): 1:58pm On Dec 12, 2012

You r nt alryt
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by biggybig(f): 2:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
petres_007:

This really should be the case but only if the "legendary" blind loyalty of his church members were not a factor to be considered in this matter.

Sadly, it is.
...ever wonder what makes for such legendary loyalty? Or you think loyalty is cheap? Even gaining ordinary loyalty from people isnt easy. Not sure anyone of you here has been in any leadership position you would have known how hard it is to command such legendary loyalty. What makes a leader command such legendary loyalty? Impact! Many of those members join that church poor and wretched, now many are milionaires and bilionaires. Many of them during their trying times were not only fed with hope, but fed through the welfare program of the church and their children sent to school through oyedepos scholarship..so do u think gives a damn about what you people write here or say. Their loyalty is born of eternal impacts.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Jem1: 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
In the spirit of giving unto Ceaser what is Ceasers, transparency and accountability to the larger public via institutions set up for such are a must do for everyone including MOG.

1. What do our LAWS say about earnings for individuals, corporations, charities etc?
2. Are they required by law to declare all monies whether they be earnings or gifts and waived for tax purporses as appropriate where necessary?
3. If some in the larger public do not follow the laws due to a seeming moral amnesia, should our MOG act above board by doing the right thing?
4. Are churches which are registered as non profit organisations required to further the aims for which they were set up?
5. Are terms/aims such as 'furthering the gospel' vague ends and non tangible?
6. Are the terms/aims of 'furthering the gospel' an excuse not to apply funds solicited towards physical needs within the community?

Then there is the question of ETHICS;

1. Should MOG or churches consider themselves the end point for charitable givings?
2. i.e. Do they have a duty to pass on monies accrued for a further end of alleviating poverty etc?

At the end of the day, screaming the following answers "you're poor that's why u question", "touch not..", "I have given to God and don't need to know" etc ARE NOT AN ANSWER TO CEASER.

I want to believe Churches do help one way or the other but I beleive they can do more.

In this particular case, the funds for the University shouldn't be shrouded in secrecy afterall he has nothing to hide. All monies earned, received as gifts etc by the Bishop must have been declared in the past to the Government in the spirit of giving to Ceaser what is Ceasers. and then there is the matter of Ethics and Morals, afterall he is an upright and noble man of Christ or are those who argue for secrecy saying otherwise??

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by blaise26abj(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
How does all these make me closer to God? I am free to choose my path in Life and seek the Holy Spirit to guide me. If a man of God can help me in that quest then so be it. If Bishop Oyedepo is a fraud, the Lord knows his own. If u are a member of his church and u want to donate, it is ur money,free will and belief. If you don't like/believe his ministry, let him be and focus on ur own spirituality/belief. Every single man is on his own after death.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by nature28: 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
odeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Leadn: Oyedepo??
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by biggybig(f): 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
jt2010:

If this your statement "I'm aware Oyedele has oil rig which he received as gift" is correct, then i guess the pastor need to spent some time in EFCC's cell.
...who told you that oil rig is in nigeria? Or you think that mans influence is just here in nigeria?
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by nature28: 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
[quote author=PapaBrowne]

These people are capable of thinking for themselves. They don't need your help.[/quote

God will bless u.some of these guys dont even have any thinking faculty.they cant just reason at all.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by sweetkevisco(m): 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
U christians dont hve respect for ur religion,but u expect us muslims to respect it. No muslim will ever dare to insult an Imam,not to talk of about publicly insult on an internet forum.But u christians insult and talk ruthlessly about ur religious leaders,U christians are worst than infidels.even an idol worshipper have respect for their native priests.U all are free to convert to Islam,the true way of Allah,but if u dare insult an Imam.u will be slaughtered like ram. ALLAHU AHKBAR

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Nnamdi Akujor Predicts Man's First Class Result Before His Graduation / Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? / Bishop David Oyedepo Prays For The Death Of Ritual Killers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.