Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,908 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts (24082 Views)

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Why Did Christian Missionaries Claim That The Panare Indians Killed Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 12:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
jenti: My worry is WHAT BROUGHT ABOUT THIS RESPONSE FROM THE REVERED BISHOP?
Was he trying to prove a point that he does not need the tithes and pledges to do all he had done or was he worried by his conscience?
Can anybody help me with an answer
Did he say he did not use pledges ? I thot i heard tithes !
Anyway,it could be that some people brought it to his know or he read on national dailies of the people's views or opinion or he perceived that people are saying he used tithe money for the establishment of the CU. And he is saying that he didn't use tithe money while trying to enlighten the congregants on an issue ! But may be if he sees other talks regarding pledges and offerings,donations and others,he may tell us if we care to know whether it's from free will donations and others !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by PastorKun(m): 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
@Mko2005

Why are you devoting so much energy to defend these so called men of god Is it not obvious the oledepo is exploiting his members and due to his pride and arrogance he is even deny these same members the credit they deserve in helping to build the university The way it is oledepo just sees his members as dummies to be used and exploited at will. Also stop playing with words, whether he used tithes, offerings, seeds or pledges the money came from the members and the statement he made dis honestly gives the impression that the members did not contribute in building the university.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pastor Kun: @Mko2005

Why are you devoting so much energy to defend these so called men of god Is it not obvious the oledepo is exploiting his members and due to his pride and arrogance he is even deny these same members the credit they deserve in helping to build the university The way it is oledepo just sees his members as dummies to be used and exploited at will. Also stop playing with words, whether he used tithes, offerings, seeds or pledges the money came from the members and the statement he made dis honestly gives the impression that the members did not contribute in building the university.
I am not defending them like you think neither am i against them ! His name is Oyedepo but u call him always oledepo.That alone,i know that u dnt only hate his acts but also his person.If u are a christian,u shouldn't do that !
Tithe is different from offering and they are both different from pledges ! So am not playing with words here. If truly he said he didn't use tithe and offering money,why do u doubt him ? Give him that benefit of the doubt pls. Has he come out to tell you that he did not use pledge money or donations from church members for the establishment of CU ? Just wait until he come out to say that.
I dnt think that he sees the members as dummies who are only good to be used and xploited at will and does not want to give them credit as u stated but HE knows that the members shouldn't take the GLORY but God should. He can only say thank u to the members for allowing God use them to do 'HIS WORK'(God's work) He is yet to come out to tell us that members never contributed to the project.U are the one insinuating that !
Let us leave pastors alone and work out our own salvation. After all the bible never asked us to work out the salvation of pastor and others with fear and trembling rather he said we should work out 'OUR OWN SALVATION'
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by ogaju007(m): 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

You claim you know the purpose of Christianity but still from ur comment above,you dnt sound like a christian.
God bless us

Hmmnn my Dear, Knowing the purpose of something doesnt mean i accept the idea. I know the origin of christianity doesnt mean im a christian. Like i said its a good place to meet some nice girls.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by ogaju007(m): 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

The girl said she is a witch and his [b]father in the lord [/b]asked him not to repeat that and if she continues,she will go to hell ! Spare the rod and spoil the child !
God bless us

Hahahahaha (Father in the Lord) WTF is that? If she were to be a 7ft tall guy, would he have slapped him? hmmn i doubt. If he was in UK or the States, would he? why not let me be your (boyfy in the Lord) abi?
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by PastorKun(m): 2:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

I am not defending them like you think neither am i against them ! His name is Oyedepo but u call him always oledepo.That alone,i know that u dnt only hate his acts but also his person.If u are a christian,u shouldn't do that !
Tithe is different from offering and they are both different from pledges ! So am not playing with words here. If truly he said he didn't use tithe and offering money,why do u doubt him ? Give him that benefit of the doubt pls. Has he come out to tell you that he did not use pledge money or donations from church members for the establishment of CU ? Just wait until he come out to say that.
I dnt think that he sees the members as dummies who are only good to be used and xploited at will and does not want to give them credit as u stated but HE knows that the members shouldn't take the GLORY but God should.He can only say thank u to the members for allowing God use them to do 'HIS WORK'(God's work)

He is yet to come out to tell us that members never contributed to the project.U are the one insinuating that !
Let us leave pastors alone and work out our own salvation. After all the bible never asked us to work out the salvation of pastor and others with fear and trembling rather he said we should work out 'OUR OWN SALVATION'
God bless us

Since when did building profit making universities become part of God's work
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007:

Hmmnn my Dear, Knowing the purpose of something doesnt mean i accept the idea. I know the origin of christianity doesnt mean im a christian. Like i said its a good place to meet some nice girls.
shocked
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
@
m.k.o2005
Somebody reported that Oyedepo said this at Shilo

Covenant university was built within 7 months without any collection of any one naira tithes and offerings or donation of any kind from anywhere"

If that's the case then your defense is baseless and the OP is not out of place to think this way
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pastor Kun:

I duno if the school's actually making profits. But we're made to understand that all the student's school fees combined can't effeciently run the school, meaning they need money from external sources to run the schoool...
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by ogaju007(m): 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: I duno if the school's actually making profits. But we're made to understand that all the student's school fees combined can't effeciently run the school, meaning they need money from external sources to run the schoool...

OMG!!! do the maths... how many students do they have and average fees. My brother went to that school and i have a good idea of the fees. (If the real MOGs that came to africa to give our fathers good quality education charged that much, almost non of them would have been educated. GBAM!!!
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2012
belabela: Covenant university was built within 7 months without any collection of any one naira tithes and offerings or donation of any kind from anywhere"
THAT STATEMENT IS COMPLETELY FALSE! And if he did say that, then I'm really sorry...sad
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007:

OMG!!! do the maths... how many students do they have and average fees. My brother went to that school and i have a good idea of the fees. (If the real MOGs that came to africa to give our fathers good quality education charged that much, almost non of them would have been educated. GBAM!!!
We're about 8k
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by ogaju007(m): 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: We're about 8k

8000 students * average 200k = 1,600,000,000.00

expenses and overheads can never ever be this much not even half as much.

What else do they need money for?

He is a bloody thief.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by PastorKun(m): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007:

He is a bloody thief.

Average school fee is more like 500k and not 200k. This would make their income from fees alone to be in the 4 billion naira range.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by ogaju007(m): 2:52pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Average school fee is more like 500k and not 200k. This would make their income from fees alone to be in the 4 billion naira range.

you see!!! the man is a bloody rogue.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007:

He is a bloody thief.
sad the everage school fees is over 500K..
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Isaac sowed and reaped in same year ! God is not a magician ! He will lift you up higher far above your peers from that thing you do !
Now if establishing a quality university to counter other make shift ones we have here in Nigeria,will this QUALITY university not impart quality education in the lives of ppl ? If you say it won't becos it's expensive,pls remember that we have people in thousands who attend this uni and are bin positively imparted. But still God can still want to use just that one to lift HIS servant up higher than others becos of his love for HIS servant ! God's work can come in form of building hospitals with High Tech equipments and highly gifted experienced staffs that will save lives here in Nigeria by the grace of God.Though it might be xpensive ! If it's cheap,we will still thank God !
God help us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007:

you see!!! the man is a bloody rogue.
Dnt call some one who doe not force anyone to patronize his wares a rogue !
God help us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pastor Kun:

That is d lord's doing !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: THAT STATEMENT IS COMPLETELY FALSE! And if he did say that, then I'm really sorry...sad
I am not sure he said that !
Some who defend can say anything just to defend as those who go against can put up anything just to be against and prove a point. Dnt beleive everything you hear and judge from there BUT BELIEVE ONLY THE WORD OF GOD !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 5:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: I duno if the school's actually making profits. But we're made to understand that all the student's school fees combined can't effeciently run the school, meaning they need money from external sources to run the schoool...
I dnt know how true but it is possible !
God help us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007:

Hahahahaha (Father in the Lord) WTF is that? If she were to be a 7ft tall guy, would he have slapped him? hmmn i doubt. If he was in UK or the States, would he? why not let me be your (boyfy in the Lord) abi?
#
Boyfy in the lord contradicts the word of God ! If the law in the UK is against it,he will be subjected to the law so long as it does not contradict the word of God !
God help us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007:

When God called called his children,the devil came with them ! Not all ppl u see in churches are christians !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by ogaju007(m): 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

When God called called his children,the devil came with them ! Not all ppl u see in churches are christians !
God bless us

and when did God call you or your so called MoGs? what did the voice sound like? male voice, female voice, deep or sexy voice?
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
belabela: @
m.k.o2005
Somebody reported that Oyedepo said this at Shilo

Covenant university was built within 7 months without any collection of any one naira tithes and offerings or donation of any kind from anywhere"

If that's the case then your defense is baseless and the OP is not out of place to think this way
Go through the Op's coment again. The Op said no tithe and offering money.''or donation of any kind from anywhere'' The Op never added the later but am just sein it now from you so it's a new one ! If he said so i dnt know and at this juncture,i reserve my coment !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 5:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007:

and when did God call you or your so called MoGs? what did the voice sound like? male voice, female voice, deep or sexy voice?
I am not talking about them bin called yet but am talking about the church of God. That where the children of God are gathered the devil and his agents also come there that not all the 'nice girls'u see in church are christians !
See below quote if you are a christian or care to go through it:
''Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them''.Job 1:6
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

I am not sure he said that !
Some who defend can say anything just to defend as those who go against can put up anything just to be against and prove a point. Dnt beleive everything you hear and judge from there BUT BELIEVE ONLY THE WORD OF GOD !
God bless us
I know, just saying that statement is not true. I duno if he said it or not...
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: I know, just saying that statement is not true. I duno if he said it or not...
Ok
God bless u sister !
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007:

you sef, are you trying to be fuuny, sarcastic or both??
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Ok
God bless u sister !
AMEN!smiley
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by ogaju007(m): 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2012
No ma'am i really would like to know what they heard...... may be they're hearing voices....
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007: No ma'am i really would like to know what they heard...... may be they're hearing voices....
k na cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where Do You Stand With Illuminati Theories? / Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.