Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Thank You All.. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thank You All.. (35961 Views)

Should A Husband Pay His Wife A Salary Every Month. / Help A Nairalander To Pay His House Rent / Family! Thank You For Helping Me Pay My School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank You All.. by dominique(f): 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ikani where art thou? Did you see the pm I sent on monday. I'm yet to get a reply o.
Continue to give us updates on how you're faring over there. It is well with you.
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 6:31am On Jan 09, 2013
dominique: Ikani where art thou? Did you see the pm I sent on monday. I'm yet to get a reply o.
Continue to give us updates on how you're faring over there. It is well with you.
yes ma'am i saw it thank you very much....
Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 09, 2013
well bro, i hope you are not going to be doing fundraisers every year for 5 yrs? You need to get something doing... a job maybe?
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 5:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
davidylan: well bro, i hope you are not going to be doing fundraisers every year for 5 yrs? You need to get something doing... a job maybe?
thank you man...
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 11:02pm On Feb 09, 2013
good evening to all..... I want to once more use this medium to thank all of you for these kind gesture it will indeed remain indelible from my heart (somebody) ma'am may God bless your source others that have helped i say may God replenish and multiply your source it is written give and it shall be given on to you..... You all contributed to me being here i am grateful God bless protect you all.....

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by maclatunji: 9:54am On Feb 10, 2013
Ikanium: good evening to all..... I want to once more use this medium to thank all of you for these kind gesture it will indeed remain indelible from my heart (somebody) ma'am may God bless your source others that have helped i say may God replenish and multiply your source it is written give and it shall be given on to you..... You all contributed to me being here i am grateful God bless protect you all.....

Good for you OP. Good luck with everything.
Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2013
I am happy nairalanders helped him,i really am so happy that nairalanders can give a young boy an opportunity to be educated,this means i still believe in nigeria and nigerians.there is still hope for nigeria.i chatted with the dude on whatsapp yesterday evening and this morning before preparing to go to church,he said nairalanders have hekped him out and he is finally settled in school and he is doing fine only that he has been feeding on ijebu garri however he is not complaining.so i told him he should find someone that can come to where i am so i can send food items to him.2ndly i suggested or advised him to start selling recharge cards,even though the profit in the sale of recharge cards is meagre,its still something.good enough you dont have to have a shop or sit antwhere waiting for customers,just let your coursemates,colleagues and all know you are selling cards so that they will patronize you since it sells very fast,then again i told him to try going to staff quarters and see if he can help them out in their domestic affairs e.g sweeping,mopping,emptying thrash and washing clothes and dishes for a pay,at least little little money will come out from there.i am particularly happy that nairalanders and i gave a young boy a stepping stone to be in the university.its so great.i am grateful to you all for investing in a nigerian boy's life
Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
davidylan: well bro, i hope you are not going to be doing fundraisers every year for 5 yrs? You need to get something doing... a job maybe?
well by the grace of God i pray and hopes he gets something doing that will sustain him throughout school.when there is life,there is hope.for God to raise helpers that assisted him in getting into school shows that God doesnt give up on anybody and will still raise helpers in a way he didnt expect.that is why God will remain unexplainable.total reliance and faith is only what God needs to take you to where he has planned you to be

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ikanium: *sigh* i just attended my first lecture for the semester it was a marathon one from morning till 5pm no break i looked around and saw alot of student it was actually a lecture theatre combinding all the faculty i look all of them and taught of my self not being among this garthering, i taught of my background; the thing is if i should narrate my family tale you guys will say am over exaggerating some things...... It would have been a disaster but God in His Mercy has risen up people, people who have not even seen me yet they have helped me... I want to give Glory to God for He made this possible... I want to use this medium to say a special thank you to (somebody) and all of you who had helped me one way or the other either by commenting, critising, blaming, questioning and financial aid and also those who are yet to i say a special thank u to u too.... God will forever reward you your source will never dry it will ever continue to flow IJN.... @dominique i am fine here still searching for hostel though! Cos most of them are occupied.... @kulyie ma'am i am now in very need of those food stuffs oo!! Thank you all.....
ok so whenever you are ready,you can oranize how you will send the cab man to get the foodstuffs across to you.ensure it is somebody you know and trust very well so that he will not take off with the food stuffs,then i will put a note in it.whenever you have gotten it,just call me on phone.2ndly whenever you are going to be doing your matric,that is weeks to your matric,let me know so that if you want to do a small celebration with your friends and family,you will do it easily.i hope you know how to cook sha?lol.if you were in my state,it would have been much easier,i will just give you the spare key to my kitchen to cook whatever you want to it whether am there or not,but its all good sha.it is well with you

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by pimplucious: 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2013
wow!
Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 10, 2013
BabaAlabi: Wow...Honestly tears were in my eyes when I saw somebody's post about having paid the money into Ikanium's account (I did not cry o..It was dust that was in my eyes..lol) May God bless you and reward you always...This has opened my eyes to help people everywhere no matter how little because I believe God in heaven will not let it go unrewarded...Happy New Year everyone
tears flowed through my own eyes too.lol,i wont pretend that tears of joy flowed down my cheeks like i was the one involved.it was this weekwnd while i was washing my clothes that i remembered ikanium and decided to call him to know how far and then he told me nairalanders have paid up his school fees.i didnt know when tears dripped down my eyes.i was still shocked and was talking to myself.i said in nigeria?people can still be this kind? God is good o.while i was still talking to myself i didnt know when excitement almost made my phone slip through my hand into the water before i prevented it.lol

3 Likes

Re: Thank You All.. by somebody(f): 2:01am On Feb 13, 2013
Ikanium, so glad to hear you are settled in school. I also sent you an email - been meaning to send one. I think kulyie's suggestion about selling recharge cards is a good one but of course it has to be what you are comfortable with. Anyways you have my private email now so we can stay in touch. Take care!

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by pak: 1:01am On Feb 22, 2013
I appreciate all those who have helped so far.

That's wonderful.

But I still feel we need to get to another very important part, and that is IKANIUM - go and get a job, get a job. I assume you are over 18. Wash cars, cook food, computer centre attendant, whatever.
I am not here to ridicule you as I will never give an advice that I wouldn't have applied if I were in your shoes.

This life is a long journey, there is a limit to how far you can get appealing to sympathy. (I am not suggesting you r lying or scamming) but dude I have seen a lot and have come to believe success is for fighters.
I know of success people who started by selling corn, of someone who traded in second clothing, did bricklaying to educate themselves
Begging should always be a very last resort in anything you do. My two cents

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by pak: 1:07am On Feb 22, 2013
somebody: Ikanium, so glad to hear you are settled in school. I also sent you an email - been meaning to send one. I think kulyie's suggestion about selling recharge cards is a good one but of course it has to be what you are comfortable with. Anyways you have my private email now so we can stay in touch. Take care!

Thanks Somebody, youre a wonderful person.

However, I don't understand what you mean by comfortable - maybe I'm not getting you clearly but I think the issue of comfort should be thrown out of the window.

As long as it is not criminal or dubious, I think the OP should just go out there and any profitable work he can lay is hands on.

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by dominique(f): 8:03am On Feb 22, 2013
Pak, the young man is still in school. He should opt for income that will sustain him without threatening his studies. Why should he throw comfort out of the window? So he can have a better story to tell his offsprings how he made while working on a construction site and studying at the same time?

The feasible option is petty trading and recharge cards is the best option. It sells fast and doesn't expire. He should look around his environment to see what opportunities he can lay his hands on.

5 Likes

Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 10:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
I am so so sorry to disturb again at this time but, i really have exusted means where i can do this once more.... A guy asked me a very important question on this thread he asked if i was going to beg for four years? This question never made any impact on me then till i got to school.... I was naive, ambitious, determined and eager just go to school at any cost at that time well it turned out to be hell i have battled through extreme hunger to lack and want ( God be praise) my determination and strong will to succeed has got me going... I currently hustle in school to feed i do minial jobs on free days (not much of them).. I also do Ushering jobs at weddings (available ones) where we are being paid 2000 for our services, it doesn't come frequently though! I have to battle those days with some of my friends who offer to help at a time with food stuff..... It's never been easy since i got here but i still want to thank those who made this possible God bless.... I am in 300 level now all thanks to you all but currently my school's late reg is starting the 19th of this month and i havn't paid yet.. In 200 level i got my fees from this site nairaland it was a guy with the moniker '' lagtech '' in technology market who was to give out a laptop to any lucky winner on his thread i indicated my interest and I was announced the winner i sold the laptop for 23k and added some money i had borrowed from friends this was how i was able to pay my second year fee.. Right now i am having no penny on me i really don't want to drop out at this when am almost at the peak of my dreams, that's why i wish people can still help me raise my fees am so so sorry for disturbing one more time and am totally great full for every thing done for me here but i really need help again this time. Please assist me pay up the sum 50.000 this is with with my hostel accommodation fee of 15.000. Thank you all and God bless

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
Here is the academic calendar for this session and in it is the time for payment of fees

Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 7:05am On Jan 17, 2015
Please advice me on how to go about this if you have any thank you and God bless i really need help right now
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
Please help me
Re: Thank You All.. by ifyalways(f): 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2015
How far,IKanum?

Have u not raised anything? You sef, you appear to be too dull. A hustler would have been able to raise something or not even come back here after the first year. According to you, a nlder gave u a laptop which you sold for year 2 fees, does it mean you've not been working and saving?

Back to the matter, how far now?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
ifyalways:
How far,IKanum?

Have u not raised anything? You sef, you appear to be too dull. A hustler would have been able to raise something or not even come back here after the first year. According to you, a nlder gave u a laptop which you sold for year 2 fees, does it mean you've not been working and saving?

Back to the matter, how far now?
believe me ma'am i do my best remember i have to study too its not just me surviving in school but grades too matters a lot what i do mainly is serving in a wedding ceremony on Saturdays and this doesn't come regularly we being paid 2000 at times 3000 for this activities are choked here in school we sometimes stay in lab till 9pm, our lectures starts by 8am every day and most times i am not seen in my hostel till about 6pm. I know i have no right coming back here but right now i really really don't know what else to think of thank you ma'am
Re: Thank You All.. by ifyalways(f): 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ikanium:
believe me ma'am i do my best remember i have to study too its not just me surviving in school but grades too matters a lot what i do mainly is serving in a wedding ceremony on Saturdays and this doesn't come regularly we being paid 2000 at times 3000 for this activities are choked here in school we sometimes stay in lab till 9pm, our lectures starts by 8am every day and most times i am not seen in my hostel till about 6pm. I know i have no right coming back here but right now i really really don't know what else to think of thank you ma'am
So, what you are saying is you have not saved, hustled a penny towards your school fees payment?
While I understand your plight, but dear I live in Nigeria and know how things on ground work.

If you made done effort during the last festive period, no shame in honest labour ie brick laying, car wash, events etc, you would have at least some part of your school fees in your hand.
I want to help, give something but dear, your stories/ excuses are not encouraging. Assuming I give you 10K now, how are you going to get the rest?

That's the point now. .

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
ifyalways:

So, what you are saying is you have not saved, hustled a penny towards your school fees payment?
While I understand your plight, but dear I live in Nigeria and know how things on ground work.

If you made done effort during the last festive period, no shame in honest labour ie brick laying, car wash, events etc, you would have at least some part of your school fees in your hand.
I want to help, give something but dear, your stories/ excuses are not encouraging. Assuming I give you 10K now, how are you going to get the rest?

That's the point now. .
ma'am my last exams was on the 22nd of December and i came to kaduna on the 23rd this is due to the last strike embarked upon my school had to run three semesters in a year there was little or no breaks at all. I needed a way to raise my fees so opted for Abuja but didn't turned out well for me. I have a thread about my experience at Abuja..
Re: Thank You All.. by dominique(f): 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
@Ikanium, I really want to help but I'll be more encouraged if I know that you have put some money aside. I thought you mentioned something about getting some bursary allowance from the school? How did that go?

I suppose you're still using the gtb account on the first page right?
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 7:33am On Jan 22, 2015
dominique:
@Ikanium, I really want to help but I'll be more encouraged if I know that you have put some money aside. I thought you mentioned something about getting some bursary allowance from the school? How did that go?

I suppose you're still using the gtb account on the first page right?
ma'am Dominique am so sorry but right now i don't have anything on ground, the bursary thing we later found out it was 3,500 which is to be paid to you when you are in 200lv, that of last year didn't even come at all. The most important thing i need to do right now is to pay the fees 35k as for the accommodation i can squart with a friend in the hostel for now..... Yes am still using the GTB account thank you ma'am
Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 22, 2015
Ikanium:
ma'am Dominique am so sorry but right now i don't have anything on ground, the bursary thing we later found out it was 3,500 which is to be paid to you when you are in 200lv, that of last year didn't even come at all. The most important thing i need to do right now is to pay the fees 35k as for the accommodation i can squart with a friend in the hostel for now..... Yes am still using the GTB account thank you ma'am

Sorry, this is actually a tad bit discouraging, a whole year and you didn't save or gather anything for another session? Will Nairalanders keep paying your fees?
Anyway there is supposed to be a Nairaland scholarship scheme I hope you get it. I understand things can be tight and as much as we want to help remember we also have problems, families and relatives in school so if your only hope of getting through school is approaching Nairalanders every session for fees then you may need a better plan

7 Likes

Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 10:11am On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

Sorry, this is actually a tad bit discouraging, a whole year and you didn't save or gather anything for another session? Will Nairalanders keep paying your fees?
Anyway there is supposed to be a Nairaland scholarship scheme I hope you get it. I understand things can be tight and as much as we want to help remember we also have problems, families and relatives in school so if your only hope of getting through school is approaching Nairalanders every session for fees then you may need a better plan
Am very sorry ma'am if i disappoint you am pretty sure this will be the last time i am in 300lv now it's just 400lv then am done thank you ma'am i couldn't save something because it was just me and little change i get were utilised well. There are some compulsory text books, photocopy materials, other departmental/faculty dues, I did my best ma'am
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 8:33am On Jan 23, 2015
Please help
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
For the last time please people help
Re: Thank You All.. by jogs: 6:01am On Jan 24, 2015
How much is your tuition ?
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 7:55am On Jan 24, 2015
jogs:
How much is your tuition ?
35,000 Sir
Re: Thank You All.. by nannymcphee(f): 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
I was a student & I know how difficult it is to sponsor yourself in school

the fees you are sourcing for is meant for your 300l, am I correct?

What about course registration fee, faculty dues, departmental due etc are they inclusive of the 35k

you started this journey in 2012, have you been able to identify a business u can do that will fetch you money on a consistent basis(recharge card sales, barbing saloon, business center-photocopying & typesetting, photography )

If you have, what is it?

it's not just about helping you with funds thru school, you need self sustaining outfit , this is what will help you thru post university life, even after you get a job

So if you don't have one, think of one now & put it up? Folks will be more willing to help u set it up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Ways You Are Making Life Hard For Yourself / He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.