Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA (27154 Views)

10 Reasons Why Marrying Nigerian Women Is Simply Doing Them A Favour / I Don’t Regret Marrying A Nigerian — Oyinbo Princess / White English Man Marrying Nigerian Girl - Advice Required (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by MrsChima(f): 2:47am On Oct 13, 2013
Afrobeau:
I wonder, all these people who claim to marry Non Nigerians that can do what Nigerian women do. why then don't they go ahead with the Nigerian ladies? I think most of the men commenting here are the brainwashed ones acting like some Black American men who always bash their women

There are many Nigerian men with non-Nigerian women for 10 plus years.....I don't think a Nigerian man will stay with foreign er for that long if he is after papers and many lives in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by MrsChima(f): 2:51am On Oct 13, 2013
Afrobeau:
You sound like a typical Id*ot, black and white women in America are the fine ones, but then our women are the Village Mgbekes? I guess you've never lived abroad because I know a lot of fellow men who married those white chicks and akatas and are regretting their actions. One even told me he made a huge mistake which he won't like me to make.

Of course....they are unhappy...they have married the WRONG CHICK, which has nothing to do with nationality nor ethnicity.

If they were unhappy with a Nigerian chick then what? Don't define your life base on others.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by MrsChima(f): 2:55am On Oct 13, 2013
Ugosample: Says who? I visited my uncle in L.A. just before his marriage broke up. This woman was a pest, coming home very late, being snobbish, e.t.c. This is a woman who he picked from the village (my uncle(s) and my dad inclusive are strong advocates of marrying from your hometown) and trained in America. At least 80% Igbo residents in Carson did the same and most of them regret it. One even divorced him, took 50& of his assets including the family house and was spending the money on Toy boys. Now she's a wretched b**ch. Maybe i shouldn't have generalised(my bad) but i spoke of what i saw while with him. When i'm ready to marry, i'm gonna be open minded as my wife must not be Igbo or Nigeria. That's my advice, based on my experience.

Just as I told Abu....don't define your life base on others. You may fins the Igbo chick that is for you and lives in America.

Just know what you want and be open. wink
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by MrsChima(f): 2:59am On Oct 13, 2013
Ugosample: Women are almost the same, i know. But is it compulsory that your wife must be from your homeland. My dad is on my neck, telling ne and my cousins that we MUST bring home an Igbo girl for marriage. That's causing problem for us. And i think some people on this forum are hypocrites; it is okay to generalise foreign women as demons but it is not okay to generalise Nigerian women as same. You people haven't seen the monsters many of them become when they cross over.

Now you know damn well they were monsters BEFORE they have left Nigeria. The difference is America don't play that domestic violence shit and they know that.

Let keep it real!
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by MrsChima(f): 3:03am On Oct 13, 2013
addictiv: mehn you guys are scaring me with all these revelations............and family is like "you must marry an igbo woman who knows our traditions and way of life. "..but what use is that if she becomes a thorn in the flesh...

Thankfully not all Igbo families are like that and focus on compatibilty. Just because you both are Igbos doesn't mean you are soul mates.

Sameness is boring to me but open-mindedness make the adventure woethwhile.

Follow your heart and be happy with your decision regardless.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Ugosample(m): 7:04am On Oct 13, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Thankfully not all Igbo families are like that and focus on compatibilty. Just because you both are Igbos doesn't mean you are soul mates.

Yes o! This idea of marrying only your kind is not compulsory. With respect to this, i will pull the rug off their feet when i'm ready (which i'm not yet tongue
Mrs.Chima:

Yes o! This idea of marrying only your kind is not compulsory. With respect to this, i will pull the rug off their feet when i'm ready (which i'm not yet) Simple and short.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by addictiv(m): 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
^^^ same here brah........follow your heart ,trust your instinct and ask God for direction..
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by MrsChima(f): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
That's all you can do. I followed my guts and I am happy with my mate choice. wink

At the end of the day....we have to live with our decisions good or bad.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 14, 2013
Happywoman: One of my uncle had the misfortune of marrying one of these demonic desperadoes desperate for husband ones. Resigned his oil coy job here in Naija, and broke the heart of one lovely innocent nurse he was dating and followed this mean hearted man slaying Iye Lekute to Uk thinking it was a case of destiny reuniting him with his former high school love only to find out she was a demon.
I don't ever pity him . It's over 20 yrs now no kid from her and she is not even bothered . When any of us even as much as call or dare visit , na so she go dey haunt u dey threaten with olopa. So the entire kindred has abandoned him to his choice. ESP since when she locked our cousin up saying she was trying to snatch her husband. Imagine dat! Simply because the babe made our local dish wen she visited dem in UK and my uncle praised her .
My pple open ur eyes welllllllll and loooooook well well b4 u leap .the chick wen go grow bcom Rooster na from infancy person they detect am. If a partner has this traits , dont say love is blind and go ahead amd marry or move the person to somwhere,and start having hbp cos he/she wants to throw u under the bus for a meal ticket. Don't agree to be anyone's maga. I invite u to com join me chop, u com begin hold my hand say make me no chop again. Thunder fire such pple!

More money doesn't always equal more joy!

Why is he still married to her?

For others, I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you have a great job please stay in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 14, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

The difference is obvious and facebook page has nothing to do with AMERICAN women going to Nigeria looking for husbands.

Nairaland promotes romance between Nigerians yet Nairalanders aren't marrying each other in droves.

Not obvious to me.

The Facebook pages, many, as well as many other online dating sites, are are specifically targeted at introducing American Women to Nigerian men.

So yes it has everything to do with it.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by MrsChima(f): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2013
Somorin#1:

Not obvious to me.

The Facebook pages, many, as well as many other online dating sites, are are specifically targeted at introducing American Women to Nigerian men.
So yes it has everything to do with it.

When in denial....it won't be obvious.

So you agreed with after all? grin. In my original statement to you was the American women that are going to Nigeria are going because they are proposed to or asked to visit Nigeria for courtship by Nigerian men.

American women aren't flying to Nigeria because they have heard wonderful things about Nigeria and wanted to experience congested traffics in Lagos. If they aren't on a mission trip or for work then it's the latter.

There are American women to this day dating Nigerian men online for YEARS and haven't met physically. Sites means NOTHING.

How else would they meet Nigerian men from Nigeria if not online? Duhhh!!!

Facebook isn't a dating site.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by MrsChima(f): 11:50am On Oct 14, 2013
Somorin#1:

Why is he still married to her?

For others, I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you have a great job please stay in Nigeria.

You can stay in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Truth About Kayamata facts and fiction / My Love Story( Pre Wedding Pictures) Wedding 4th February,2023 / Ashawo Joint In Suleja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.