Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA (27179 Views)

10 Reasons Why Marrying Nigerian Women Is Simply Doing Them A Favour / I Don’t Regret Marrying A Nigerian — Oyinbo Princess / White English Man Marrying Nigerian Girl - Advice Required (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by eduson77(m): 10:17am On Dec 19, 2012
will you marry me?
i know you will say
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by lolaluv1(f): 10:33am On Dec 19, 2012
P.S- An advice to those Nigerian men whining complaining: You made your bed, lie in it. When you're done, wake up and smell the coffee!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by claremont(m): 10:52am On Dec 19, 2012
Nigerian men should make a conscious effort to date and marry women from other races, the myth that marrying someone from your own culture will lead to less marital hassle has been broken.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Inik(m): 10:55am On Dec 19, 2012
Crap
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Originalsly: 11:06am On Dec 19, 2012
Why bash? There are Nigerian men who regret marrying Nigerian women in the US. ...and there are Nigerian women who regret marrying Nigerian men. OP outlined why he started this thread....and even asked readers us readers to share our experiences. So why bash? Guilty conscience? I agree with OP in general. I also think that one of the main reasons is the freedom the woman has to challenge the man whose hands are now tied by the laws. Some women use this to run buck wild or abandon all respect for their husbands. At the same time some husbands still insist on having the type of control a husband is expected to have as if living in Nigeria. In the end....its about the couples communicating and withstanding the pressures and distractions in the society. About the future.....what message are our celebrities and politicians and pastors giving to the youths?.. all about materialism and that s what America is all about....not family values.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 19, 2012
Truth hurts...Nigerians (home and abroad) must listen to the numerous wakeup calls on the fast degrading cultural value of our today marriages...the poster raised a vital topic, there is no need of attacking him, lets all look into our lives and make proper amendments, ALL IS NOT WELL AGAIN IN NIGERIA, BOTH HOME AND ABROAD cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by cowgurl: 11:35am On Dec 19, 2012
quote from the article,

"there are numerous cases of marital fuss and upheaval that have permeated Nigerian families in the US in recent years. some people say it is the American culture shock that is rocking the boat of traditional Nigerian family structure in the US, others claim that it is nigerian women narrow-mindedly over stretching the american provisions, while some lay blame on nigerian men refusing to wake up to the realities of the disparities between the american and nigerian approach to marriage"

this is the only part that made sense to me in that article as any/combinations of those facts could be reasons why nigerian marriages are failing in the us.

and talking about regrets,
y'all think nigerian women have no regrets marrying them nigerian men?
oh please, spare me that men crap.
the fact that nigerian women ain't voicing out shouldn't mean they don't have regrets cos most of them do.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by dabigwalls: 11:36am On Dec 19, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
A disappointing read. A mere narrative seemingly told by a simpleton. No depth, no articulation and almost a waste of reading and typing space. Not particularly intellectually stirring too. My 1 kobo.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by benlay(m): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2012
Ahhh Nigerians! I still don't believe some folks out there want to crucify the OP based on this thread, it's a view/opinion of the writer. Period!
The conclusion really interests me, we all need to learn how to treat one another with respect, it's not about what you want to get but what are you willing to pay/give.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by back2sender: 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
What are you alleging TILAPIA? EDO Men are not disrespectful,they like been in charge in thier relationship and there is absolutely nothing wrong in that.
If you cannot accept,then keep shut after all no be byforce to comment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by MacLovington(m): 12:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
this is the only part that made sense to me in that article as any/combinations of those facts could be reasons why nigerian marriages are failing in the us.

I think it's time Naija women tried their luck with non-Naija men.
Here in Europe a lot more Naija men marry non-Nigerian women than Naija women marry people of other races. It's naija women who seem to be more interested in Naija men.
Many Naija ladies here are complaing that there are no men to marry. They should be more open like white women who marry non-whites.

Let's try other people and compare.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by paris10: 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2012
How can they regret marrying someone who gave them their papers? Most of these men went for the papers rather than love or conviction. My cousin's husband now regret marrying her after he has received his papers. Women, don't marry Nigerian men without papers. You ain't their first choice in the fist place.

Beware of Chicago men!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Abrantie: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
This is really not a Nigerian problem, but a global one.

Any woman, who steps foot in the USA and lives there for more than 6 months gets poisoned.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by NosaHenry(m): 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2012
tpia@:
who is the i.diot hiding posts?

the writer is edo, its the culture to not respect women, 99% of the posts on nl disrespecting women, are from edo males.

deal with it, and if you cant, then talk to your friends who are starting these threads!

they should stop projecting their personal experiences on others, and if they cant, then
create a separate forum for bashing.

you have a problem with this post, then present facts to disprove it!

you must be a beast of no nation. who told you Edo people dont respect women. what data do you have to support this gutter statement of yours. tribal maggot

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by tpia5: 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2012
Who are the b.astards ( they probably consider that a compliment) abusing their father and mother here?

Simple- pull up the threads abusing women, look up the id of the posters, and report back to let us know if they're edo or not!

No need to whine, shemales!

Likei said, you need to have a separate forum where you and your women can abuse each other properly, instead of the constant rubbish you continually post all over the place.

A decent male would be ashamed to have so much vile and bile in him, but that doesnt work for you, i guess! With the likes of calotti/blazay/ whatever showing us how its like in your region, is it surprising at all the way you are.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by 76Naira(m): 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2012
From the first line, I classed this as pure bullshit.
Try another topic since you failed on this one.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by 1k001(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2012
MacLovington: this is the only part that made sense to me in that article as any/combinations of those facts could be reasons why nigerian marriages are failing in the us.

Here in Europe a lot more Naija men marry non-Nigerian women than Naija women marry people of other races. It's naija women who seem to be more interested in Naija men.
Many Naija ladies here are complaing that there are no men to marry. They should be more open like white women who marry non-whites.

...The thing though is that caucasian males don't usually catch as much jungle fever as caucasian females do.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Kslib(m): 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2012
tpia@:
Who are the b.astards ( they probably consider that a compliment) abusing their father and mother here?

Simple- pull up the threads abusing women, look up the id of the posters, and report back to let us know if they're edo or not!

Likei said, you need to have a separate forum where you and your women can abuse each other properly, instead of the constant rubbish you continually post all over the place.

A decent male would be ashamed to have so much vile and bile in him, but that doesnt work for you, i guess! With the likes of calotti/blazay/ whatever showing us how its like in your region, is it surprising at all the way you are.
Judging from your comment,it seems you have a personal issue with edo people even outside this forum and you are using this opportunity to speak out your anger..
The criteria you used in generalising the cultural behaviour of edo people doesn't make sense and even a blind man can see that your anger is coming from outside this forum... You must be one hell of a bitter person in real life,and if this is really how you behave/react in real life,then i'm sorry for the unlucky person that will be your life patner...
99% of all your posts on this forumradiates bitterness and anger.... Well,i'm sorry if i said anything wrong,but this is just my observation.. No offense
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by osasp(m): 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
tpia@:

the writer is edo, its the culture to not respect women, 99% of the posts on nl disrespecting women, are from edo males.

deal with it, and if you cant, then talk to your friends who are starting these threads!

they should stop projecting their personal experiences on others, and if they cant, then create a separate forum for bashing.

huh? wetin we do o
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by dederocs(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
First of all i think marriage is overrated,but back to the topic-its sad to see that most Nigerian Ladies here(not all),are loosing their soul,loosing all form of natural feelings and affection all in the pursuit of riches.along the line the man will notice what u truly desire,then he will start treating u like shit.i have respect for the husslers who do their thing and have a young lover they pay to service them.
moral of the story-you can not eat your cake and have it.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by dederocs(m): 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
MacLovington: this is the only part that made sense to me in that article as any/combinations of those facts could be reasons why nigerian marriages are failing in the us.

Its only broke girls dat go for white dudes...cos the whole world knws nija men got the Dick game
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Metalgoong(m): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
May God help them all! .
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by femijck(m): 2:41pm On Dec 19, 2012
Though av neva bin to da state, but ve some of their ladies as pen pals and internet frnds...but many times i noticed their humble,caring,straight buh principled attitude ..and to me they're stil far better than some of our so called naija girls especially the yorubas..who gots freakd by their beauty and develop evil in da fuckn mind ...some of the eastern or hausa girls ar stil far...me i fit marry akata sha ooo...i knw my mama go later like am
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
andyanders: That has been a problem in the US which started right from the 80s and 90s till date. I knew so many Nigerian women, who were legally married here in Nigeria and brought by their husband's to the US and they turned to be the worst steps made by them.
A friend of man who married a Nigerian lady, invited his mother to come over to look after her wife who put to bed and when the woman came, the wife told her husband that he was gonna look for another apartment for the mother to stay. Another of my friend also brought his wife, a Nigerian from UK to States, and the later found a job for her in a Fast food Restaurant, she later started making friends with American ladies-akata, who later brainwashed her to start living American life and of which the lady started partying and meeting some Nigerian guys who live on fast lane, and they later told her that the husband wasn't good enough as he busts his ass working 6/6 which was an honest job. Before we knew it, she left the guy at Alabama and followed one of the guys to Texas and that was it.When the guy got caught for fraud, she ran back to Alabama and by then, the marriage has broken up.

Nigerian women tend to copy-cat their American way of life style of which has destroyed many homes hence you see most children in shelter homes.

den plenty for Rhode Island,High Park Mama mia.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by TableLeg(m): 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
tpia@:

they should stop projecting their personal experiences on others, and if they cant, then create a separate forum for bashing.

What are you ranting about?!
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by KINGwax(m): 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
HQ:

That handle belongs to a male o!

@OP Just another Stereotype. Why do these writers take pleasure in sitting at home and drawing conclusions?

i beg to wonder o
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by phineboy1pimple(m): 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2012
HARDDON: What an absolute crap! A magnanimous BS! Writers like this shld bé amputated so that they wudnt ενεя in their lives think of typing bull!

You τaικ abt Nigeria marriages falling? How abt the contract in today contract out tomorrow as obtainable by that crazy society?
What is the ratio: 1 nigerian break up to like 4000 americal break ups and dis writer got the guts to shift blamés on Nigerians ƒoя misdemeanors?

Dnt make me hit you with my pocket book!

Dude! Read, assimilate before you contributes...

I bet you are not a good listener/observer...
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by ehispapa(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2012
tpia@:

Must you show your narrow mind everywhere you go? So the fact that the op is from Edo is now an avenue to insult Edo people? I think you have tribal problem.The guy raised an issue and you are there writing crap
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by seanet01: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2012
even here in the UK, its same story.
anyway my own family tradition abhor marrying somebody you did not disvi******* and so there is a less probability i will meet such baboons
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by cowgurl: 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
@MacLovington,
o' course, a man's gat to do what he gat to do to avoid being deported back to his fvcked up country--even if it takes geting married to a white oldie, he'l gladly accept the offer.

you see, unlike their counterpart-the nigerian women are loyal to their own and don't go about spilling crap about them even when he fvcks up- it's quite sad the same noble gesture isn't being reciprocated.

I personally do not hold a grudge about whatever race the nigerian man decides to tie the knots with but he shouldn't go about beating his chest like he's doing the nigerian lady some favour getting married to her instead.
cos there exist beautiful nigerian marriages that when you see, you can't help but long to be married.

Marriage just like love ain't no bed of roses, both parties regardless of their race gat to sit and make the damn thing work- they should also quit comparing races as all are flawed in one way or the other.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Venchy: 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2012
I'm not surprise as some Nigerians are not open to their partners, Lack of trust brings insecurity which eventually leads to Break up....Sad

Please if your country woman or Man is not ideal for you kindly look else where because it doesn't always work out sometimes.

The lack of compromise in relationship doesn't allow most of us to marry or date our ideal woman or man but SOMEONE FROM MY COUNTRY.....This idea have make some people unhappy all their lives.

Compromise my people and stop living like a room mate.

Remember it's a life partners we are talking about and not OPIO.

Break up is all over as we have it in UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘See How My Sister-in-law Displays Her Big Butt On The Bed. What Does She Want?’ / My Love Story( Pre Wedding Pictures) Wedding 4th February,2023 / Signs Of Men Who Control women Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.