Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA (27169 Views)

10 Reasons Why Marrying Nigerian Women Is Simply Doing Them A Favour / I Don’t Regret Marrying A Nigerian — Oyinbo Princess / White English Man Marrying Nigerian Girl - Advice Required (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by armyofone(m): 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2012
Interesting, i think African man open eye too much for the almighty US Dollars.

playing hardworking nurse with horrible shift and wifey isn't a joke.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2012
Great topic, this is a trend here in the US. My advise to Nigerian men and women, please don't allow the so called Nigerian society to dictate who you should be married to. I am not married to a Nigerian woman, any Nigerian woman that wishes to marry some one from other race should go ahead and do so. Divorce in our community is surging big time, cultural shock and lack of respecting for marriage is destroying Nigerian homes daily. My cousin's wife came to the states few years ago, they have four kids together. Unfortunately, she left him for another Nigerian man and now pregnant for this man. It's something we have to take seriously, it does cut across all tribe. I am not a fan of going to Africa or Nigeria to seek for a wife, you can breed your American wife to act like a Nigerian. My wife cooks our tradional food and love representing her adopted culture and continent. Our community leaders in the US need to act more on this growing trend.... OP I saw this article on Saharareporters and I could not agree more with the original author....cheers all.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
What the men are giving is what they are getting.They should suck it up the way women do and stop whinning like sick dogs.The few responsible men are happy in their marriages.Good thing women are now returning the blows.Every faithful man deserves a dedicated wife.Am glad the ladies are scoring too!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by tpia5: 10:40pm On Dec 19, 2012
you can breed your American wife to act like a Nigerian.

oh boy.

people are confused,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by MrsChima(f): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2012
Lol@me living in shelter!

Homeowner haters!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 12:43am On Dec 20, 2012
tpia@:

oh boy.

people are confused,

People are confused when they embark on a mission to Nigeria to marry a woman they never dated or barely met just because society said so.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by mimifonwon(f): 1:14am On Dec 20, 2012
HARDDON: What an absolute crap! A magnanimous BS! Writers like this shld bé amputated so that they wudnt ενεя in their lives think of typing bull!

You τaικ abt Nigeria marriages falling? How abt the contract in today contract out tomorrow as obtainable by that crazy society?
What is the ratio: 1 nigerian break up to like 4000 americal break ups and dis writer got the guts to shift blamés on Nigerians ƒoя misdemeanors?

Dnt make me hit you with my pocket book!

Young man sharrap there, paul knows why he wrote this expose, are americans like nigerians with strict native traditional cultures? noooooooooo!! Here in the usa a lot of nigerian marriages fall apart when the men want to stay rigid or the woman want to become the head of the house hold. They chose not to assimilate into the culture they are living in. Yes culture is important, but dont let it blind you. Now my parents will be married for 32 years this january, My dad is usually the soft tempered type, the one that never punishes, while my mother is the opposite. She is the disciplinarian. My parents have had discussions, i believe for them it is the love and respect they hold for eachother that pulls them through many things, even discussions about biafran war that usually makes my mom cry like no tomorrow, and like the man he is, my father always understand when to anger his wife and when to comfort her. They met in college,were friends first, and then after their first degree he told her how he felt, and she felt the same. I believe that most problems with most naija marriage in the usa is that most of these men go and marry a partner whom they know not much about,except what his people has told him about her, i will take you us women we are the biggest pretenders, we can hide a certain characteristic until we feel its time to make use of it. Most go and marry "nurse type" thinking that she would be the typical obedient nigerian wife their forefathers had, and they have to wake up to the changes in our culture. Our women are more westernized and by many ways throwing the male dominated culture away. They forget that it is wiser to have a foundation, than to be a floating house. My parents have never fought or screamed in front of us at each other, except once, when my dads people were trying to impose a second wife on my dad, and my mom called a family meeting and told my father, that the day another woman steps into her house as a second wife that that same day, she will take her children back to nigeria, and he cannot do anything about it, because he never finished paying her traditional bride price. lol. My dad never took another wife, that was 15 years ago, and immediately after that discussion my mom had with him and us, he took his people and went home to my mother's people and finished paying her bride price. lmaoo. It was so funny, but he understood the woman he married. As we grew up they thought us that husband and wife fights are to be had when husband wife meet, in the private of their bedroom between them alone. My mom told my sis when she got married ( she married a black america/ puertorican) that she must learn to swallow her pride at times as an educated woman, that sometimes women who feel they make more money than their husbands ( which she does) or have better education can at times feel and act superior to their husbands, which my mother say she must never let happen. Men no matter the culture they stem from have Pride and ego, that most be guarded, for if he truly loves you he will at times let you step on it, but not always, especially african men. It is a wife's job to reassure her husband his place in the household by respecting him and making sure the children respect him also, for a man's pride is mainly his family, and as long as his family treats him like the King he is, then you will forever be his queen." I have sat and pondered what my mother said, knowing my sister who is your typical example of angry black woman..lol, but educated,lol. But my sis has been married for 6 years now and never has she complained to my mom or dad about him. She learned to give him his space ( maybe it also helps since she is a psychiatrist), but yeah she worked on her anger issues. I have watched so many nigerian mothers in usa when they get angry, usually over money ( because we know most of these nurses make more than their husbands) use their children against their husbands. Which is horrible. So my dear, what paul wrote its actually nothing compared to the horror stories i have witnessed. Yes all the blame does not go to the women, but also the men, but it is a woman's job to keep a peaceful family, and most naija women here in the states, are all ready to bring the earth down on their husband irrespective of who they are.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by mimifonwon(f): 1:14am On Dec 20, 2012
HARDDON: What an absolute crap! A magnanimous BS! Writers like this shld bé amputated so that they wudnt ενεя in their lives think of typing bull!

You τaικ abt Nigeria marriages falling? How abt the contract in today contract out tomorrow as obtainable by that crazy society?
What is the ratio: 1 nigerian break up to like 4000 americal break ups and dis writer got the guts to shift blamés on Nigerians ƒoя misdemeanors?

Dnt make me hit you with my pocket book!

Young man sharrap there, paul knows why he wrote this expose, are americans like nigerians with strict native traditional cultures? noooooooooo!! Here in the usa a lot of nigerian marriages fall apart when the men want to stay rigid or the woman want to become the head of the house hold. They chose not to assimilate into the culture they are living in. Yes culture is important, but dont let it blind you. Now my parents will be married for 32 years this january, My dad is usually the soft tempered type, the one that never punishes, while my mother is the opposite. She is the disciplinarian. My parents have had discussions, i believe for them it is the love and respect they hold for eachother that pulls them through many things, even discussions about biafran war that usually makes my mom cry like no tomorrow, and like the man he is, my father always understand when to anger his wife and when to comfort her. They met in college,were friends first, and then after their first degree he told her how he felt, and she felt the same. I believe that most problems with most naija marriage in the usa is that most of these men go and marry a partner whom they know not much about,except what his people has told him about her, i will tell you us women we are the biggest pretenders, we can hide a certain characteristic until we feel its time to make use of it. Most go and marry "nurse type" thinking that she would be the typical obedient nigerian wife their forefathers had, and they have to wake up to the changes in our culture. Our women are more westernized and by many ways throwing the male dominated culture away. They forget that it is wiser to have a foundation, than to be a floating house. My parents have never fought or screamed in front of us at each other, except once, when my dads people were trying to impose a second wife on my dad, and my mom called a family meeting and told my father, that the day another woman steps into her house as a second wife that that same day, she will take her children back to nigeria, and he cannot do anything about it, because he never finished paying her traditional bride price. lol. My dad never took another wife, that was 15 years ago, and immediately after that discussion my mom had with him and us, he took his people and went home to my mother's people and finished paying her bride price. lmaoo. It was so funny, but he understood the woman he married. As we grew up they taught us that husband and wife fights are to be had when husband wife meet, in the private of their bedroom between them alone. My mom told my sis when she got married ( she married a black america/ puertorican) that she must learn to swallow her pride at times as an educated woman, that sometimes women who feel they make more money than their husbands ( which she does) or have better education can at times feel and act superior to their husbands, which my mother say she must never let happen. Men no matter the culture they stem from have Pride and ego, that most be guarded, for if he truly loves you he will at times let you step on it, but not always, especially african men. It is a wife's job to reassure her husband his place in the household by respecting him and making sure the children respect him also, for a man's pride is mainly his family, and as long as his family treats him like the King he is, then you will forever be his queen." I have sat and pondered what my mother said, knowing my sister who is your typical example of angry black woman..lol, but educated,lol. But my sis has been married for 6 years now and never has she complained to my mom or dad about him. She learned to give him his space ( maybe it also helps since she is a psychiatrist), but yeah she worked on her anger issues. I have watched so many nigerian mothers in usa when they get angry, usually over money ( because we know most of these nurses make more than their husbands) use their children against their husbands. Which is horrible. So my dear, what paul wrote its actually nothing compared to the horror stories i have witnessed. Yes all the blame does not go to the women, but also the men, but it is a woman's job to keep a peaceful family, and most naija women here in the states, are all ready to bring the earth down on their husband irrespective of who they are.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by seedord247(m): 1:44am On Dec 20, 2012
mimifonwon:

Young man sharrap there, paul knows why he wrote this expose, are americans like nigerians with strict native traditional cultures? noooooooooo!! Here in the usa a lot of nigerian marriages fall apart when the men want to stay rigid or the woman want to become the head of the house hold. They chose not to assimilate into the culture they are living in. Yes culture is important, but dont let it blind you. Now my parents will be married for 32 years this january, My dad is usually the soft tempered type, the one that never punishes, while my mother is the opposite. She is the disciplinarian. My parents have had discussions, i believe for them it is the love and respect they hold for eachother that pulls them through many things, even discussions about biafran war that usually makes my mom cry like no tomorrow, and like the man he is, my father always understand when to anger his wife and when to comfort her. They met in college,were friends first, and then after their first degree he told her how he felt, and she felt the same. I believe that most problems with most naija marriage in the usa is that most of these men go and marry a partner whom they know not much about,except what his people has told him about her, i will tell you us women we are the biggest pretenders, we can hide a certain characteristic until we feel its time to make use of it. Most go and marry "nurse type" thinking that she would be the typical obedient nigerian wife their forefathers had, and they have to wake up to the changes in our culture. Our women are more westernized and by many ways throwing the male dominated culture away. They forget that it is wiser to have a foundation, than to be a floating house. My parents have never fought or screamed in front of us at each other, except once, when my dads people were trying to impose a second wife on my dad, and my mom called a family meeting and told my father, that the day another woman steps into her house as a second wife that that same day, she will take her children back to nigeria, and he cannot do anything about it, because he never finished paying her traditional bride price. lol. My dad never took another wife, that was 15 years ago, and immediately after that discussion my mom had with him and us, he took his people and went home to my mother's people and finished paying her bride price. lmaoo. It was so funny, but he understood the woman he married. As we grew up they taught us that husband and wife fights are to be had when husband wife meet, in the private of their bedroom between them alone. My mom told my sis when she got married ( she married a black america/ puertorican) that she must learn to swallow her pride at times as an educated woman, that sometimes women who feel they make more money than their husbands ( which she does) or have better education can at times feel and act superior to their husbands, which my mother say she must never let happen. Men no matter the culture they stem from have Pride and ego, that most be guarded, for if he truly loves you he will at times let you step on it, but not always, especially african men. It is a wife's job to reassure her husband his place in the household by respecting him and making sure the children respect him also, for a man's pride is mainly his family, and as long as his family treats him like the King he is, then you will forever be his queen." I have sat and pondered what my mother said, knowing my sister who is your typical example of angry black woman..lol, but educated,lol. But my sis has been married for 6 years now and never has she complained to my mom or dad about him. She learned to give him his space ( maybe it also helps since she is a psychiatrist), but yeah she worked on her anger issues. I have watched so many nigerian mothers in usa when they get angry, usually over money ( because we know most of these nurses make more than their husbands) use their children against their husbands. Which is horrible. So my dear, what paul wrote its actually nothing compared to the horror stories i have witnessed. Yes all the blame does not go to the women, but also the men, but it is a woman's job to keep a peaceful family, and most naija women here in the states, are all ready to bring the earth down on their husband irrespective of who they are.

What version of super story is this?...lol cheesy

Nice one.... Are you single or do you have any single in ya family i can nak aphako if what you wrote about ya family is true. tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by ehispapa(m): 1:51am On Dec 20, 2012
tpia@:

oh boy.

people are confused,
what is your problem this tilapia? the guy actually backed up his argument. are you a sucker for criticism? a clear case of a sadist
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 4:55am On Dec 20, 2012
mimifonwon:

Great write up. I have seen terrible things in our community. This is not a laughing matter, it's real . African women are taking women liberation to another level. I don't live in Texas but I heard its home to dysfunctional homes( no pun intended ).
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by dayokanu(m): 5:16am On Dec 20, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Great write up. I have seen terrible things in our community. This is not a laughing matter, it's real . African women are taking women liberation to another level. I don't live in Texas but I heard its home to dysfunctional homes( no pun intended ).

Check this link and notice ost of the men are from a particular tribe

http://lindaikeji..com/2008/08/nigerian-men-are-killing-their-wives-in.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by phecs: 5:19am On Dec 20, 2012
Hmmmmmm.lips re sealed.mk we jus dey watch.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 5:30am On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Check this link and notice ost of the men are from a particular tribe

http://lindaikeji..com/2008/08/nigerian-men-are-killing-their-wives-in.html
Fhaggott that came to US 2008 is talking about tribe that has the most? worry about changing your job as a dish washer in Nigerian restaurant by changing your expired F1 visa status rather that coming to where adults are having meaningful conversation to spit your venom . Stick a bowl of hot d.i.ck underneath your throat
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by dayokanu(m): 5:33am On Dec 20, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Fhaggott that came to US 2008 is talking about tribe that has the most? worry about changing your job as a dish washer in Nigerian restaurant by changing your expired F1 visa status rather that coming to where adults are having meaningful conversation to spit your venom . Stick a bowl of hot d.i.ck underneath your throat

Nwanne this anger wey dey consume you na wa o. Na one of the men wey dey kill dem wives be dis for America, For say you dey Naija you for me one of the ABSU 5 or the granny rapists in Enugu
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 5:53am On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Nwanne this anger wey dey consume you na wa o. Na one of the men wey dey kill dem wives be dis for America, For say you dey Naija you for me one of the ABSU 5 or the granny rapists in Enugu
Does this kid got Turrets syndrome or something closer? Your dad that killed a former local government chairman in Ijebu Ode few weeks ago cos him bone your mama nko? Abi your uncle wen be former king wen beat him wife and poor acid for her body for Akure na Igbo man abi? See child molester wen dey flip flop like pan cake
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by dayokanu(m): 5:57am On Dec 20, 2012
Dont ruin this thread carry your rabies to another thread and discuss it with vet doctors who can help
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 6:05am On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu:

You dey become Yoruba virus every day for this tabloid website. U come Yankee instead of you to work hard, you choose to become groupie to hard working Naija men, you be Fhaggott ? This kid is the result of mixing a bunch of drugs and saying fhuck it I am going to do it. Dayokanu is the after effect kid
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 20, 2012
mimifonwon and verbosity smh.... Why do you like telling stories most people won't be ars.ed to read?? grin undecided

Real_Mccoy and Dayokanu, please don't derail the thread - tribalism is for the politics section... grin
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 6:10am On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu: Dont ruin this thread carry your rabies to another thread and discuss it with vet doctors who can help
B.itches do what b.itches do , throw stone, run and play the victim.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 6:12am On Dec 20, 2012
shymexx: mimifonwon and verbosity smh.... Why do you like telling stories most people won't be ars.ed to read?? grin undecided

Real_Mccoy and Dayokanu, please don't derail the thread - tribalism is for the politics section... grin
I wonder who told that tribal virus about this thread? I was expecting him to be on his clown dress to entertain bloggers on comedy section.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 20, 2012
@Topic

It isn't just America, it's everywhere including Europe as well... The divorce rate out here in the UK - with single mums and absent dads - is very high as well... Most Nigerian women tend to become overly "westernised" when they get to the new world - and they get carried away easily...

Most of my Uncles are married to Ghanaian and Jamaican women, and they're very happy in their marriages...
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 20, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

I wonder who told that tribal virus about this thread? I was expecting him to be on his clown dress to entertain bloggers on comedy section.

Bro., let's stay on the topic...

Are you married to a Nigerian, or an American??
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Goldieluks: 6:19am On Dec 20, 2012
Load of crappy shiit! angry
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 20, 2012
^^^How's it crappy shiit??

You know that's the truth and nothing but the truth... grin

Nigerian women are notorious for owanbe-ism, sleeping around, worshipping the white/light skin(and will cheat with them if the opportunity arises), needy, greedy, unhelpful etc..

I'm not anti-Nigerian-women, I'm just saying it how it is...
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 20, 2012
Thanks to OP for writing this insightful post. It is spot on.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 6:31am On Dec 20, 2012
shymexx:

Bro., let's stay on the topic...

Are you married to a Nigerian, or an American??
I am not married to a Nigerian bruv. She is from the Asian Pacific but cooks all kinds of Naija food provided its on you tube
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 6:36am On Dec 20, 2012
shymexx: ^^^How's it crappy shiit??

You know that's the truth and nothing but the truth... grin

Nigerian women are notorious for owanbe-ism, sleeping around, worshipping the white/light skin(and will cheat with them if the opportunity arises), needy, greedy, unhelpful etc..

I'm not anti-Nigerian-women, I'm just saying it how it is...
The so called Naija culture we always brag about is long gone. I have a friend that brought his Naija wife six months ago to states, she left home boy already. An Ethiopian friend of mine's uncle brought a wife from their country, she is suppose to get a connecting flight from Washington DC to California , till this day she is no where to be found.
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 20, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

I am not married to a Nigerian bruv. She is from the Asian Pacific but cooks all kinds of Naija food provided its on you tube

Happiness is the most important thing, and as long as you're happy in your marriage - that's great... I have seen naija men go back to Nigeria to marry and bring their wives out here - only for the women to grow "wings" and start bossing the men around...

It's also better to stay far away from Nigerians and relate to everyone from a distance...
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 20, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

The so called Naija culture we always brag about is long gone. I have a friend that brought his Naija wife six months ago to states, she left home boy already. Ethiopian friend of mine's uncle brought a wife from their country, she is suppose to get a connecting flight from Washington DC to California , till this day she is no where to be found.

Lmao @the bolded - that's old news, bro... grin
Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by RealMccoy2(m): 6:40am On Dec 20, 2012
shymexx:

Happiness is the most important thing, and as long as you're happy in your marriage - that's great... I have seen naija men go back to Nigeria to marry and bring their wives out here - only for the women to grow "wings" and start bossing the men around...

It's also better to stay far away from Nigerians and relate to everyone from a distance...
The first step of the trouble is integrating one's self to the Naija community . Keep a distance and only visit them when the need is necessary. I know what's like in the UK, stay away from the Naija nurses.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Regret Marrying Nigerian Women In The USA by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 20, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

The first step of the trouble is integrating one's self to the Naija community . Keep a distance and only visit them when the need is necessary. I know what's like in the UK, stay away from the Naija nurses.

True that...

Nigerians are funny people - I hardly relate to them outside nl... I don't even go near where Nigerians are, except probably when I see them in the bookies, or naija restaurants... I've heard too many stories, bro.. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Love Story( Pre Wedding Pictures) Wedding 4th February,2023 / Ladies, Can You Kneel Down For Your Husband Openly? / Five Reasons Why Guys Should Quit Complaining About Being Friendzoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.