Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment (10079 Views)

How Appealing Is The Promise Of Eternal Life? / My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment / If Eternal Torment Is True, Then Where Is This Plain Teaching In The Tenach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
deebrain: @ frosbel

And yr rivalry with these people have turned this thread into a free for all fight. Scriptures thrown aimlessly everywhere while the main questions not answered. The crises of bible interpretation between the greek/hebrew and english has come to this place. Those that have gone to standard seminaries and colleges KNOW THE TRUTHS OF YR QUESTIONS BUT THEY HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING THAT THESE TRUTHS ARE NOT FOR THE PULPIT OR FOR EVANGELISM.

Those with sincere zeal for evangelism (and ofcourse those that cant wait to see their brothers who they have grudge against, burning alive), very understandably, will likely fight u in this thread.

Maybe yr questions should not have been posted to this open forum. But im wondering, does it mean that we christians dont study? The things people are posting really shocks me. Before u know it, atheists will come here and start talking crap.
are you really a believer??..understanding scriptures is not about ur so called hebrews or greek text..it is with the help of the Holy Spirit...am saying the truth my conscience bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit..nobody taught me these things nor did i even rely on your greek expository..pls read 1john2:27..and stop analysing the bible like a budget or newspaper..As for seminaries or bible school..where do you see in scriptures that men have to go to bible school to be called??
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: are you really a believer??..understanding scriptures is not about ur so called hebrews or greek text..it is with the help of the Holy Spirit...am saying the truth my conscience bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit..nobody taught me these things nor did i even rely on your greek expository..pls read 1john2:27..and stop analysing the bible like a budget or newspaper..As for seminaries or bible school..where do you see in scriptures that men have to go to bible school to be called??

Instead of exposing your ignorance, apply some humility and study the scriptures !
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
frosbel:

Instead of exposing your ignorance, apply some humility and study the scriptures !
ok sir! Thank you am ignorant and you are knowledgeable..i don't know it all na..are u satisfied?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Image123(m): 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
I'm satisfied on his behalf, he lost that ability awhile ago.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: ok sir! Thank you am ignorant and you are knowledgeable..i don't know it all na..are u satisfied?

well , I do not claim to know everything which is why I am where I am today.

It is better not to mock others like you have done, rather remain on the specific points that were highlighted for a healthy discussion, otherwise do not bother participating.

The whole purpose of this article has been derailed and your camp has suspiciously refused to respond to any of the points mentioned, I really do not know why. If you are on the side of truth why avoid questions that probe those truths ?

Truth is never afraid to be examined and validated , only those who hold unto a LIE will avoid every opportunity to examine and expose their doctrine of demons !
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: are you really a believer??..understanding scriptures is not about ur so called hebrews or greek text..it is with the help of the Holy Spirit...am saying the truth my conscience bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit..nobody taught me these things nor did i even rely on your greek expository..pls read 1john2:27..and stop analysing the bible like a budget or newspaper..As for seminaries or bible school..where do you see in scriptures that men have to go to bible school to be called??

Mr Bidam, this will be yr last time of questioning my beliefs. U have done this two times now.

When reading a newspaper story, u read a line or two without any personal investigations and open yr mouth like a person yawning when u see something shocking.

When STUDYING A NEWSPAPER STORY(i dont think folks like u care about that) u do more. U investigate a story. U make calls. U dont just conclude on the line or two stuff. U take yr stake higher.

And dont kid yrself. The holy spirit will always be willing to reveal stuff to people. But how will he do it when people like u are so sold out "to the way we are taught in church". Any knowledge that He gives that somehow does not flow with how u were taught, u people say its d devil and not the holy spirit that is talking EVEN WHEN WITHIN U, YR SPIRIT (IF U ARE A CHRISTIAN) AGREES WITH IT. U bind "that voice" and leave that study.

Yr bible told u in 2 Tim 2 vs15 to study to show yrself endorsed AND NOT JUST READ. U dont just conclude. U compare scriptures. U look for the first mention of a word. Since yr bibles was translated into english during european wars of conquest by the europeans, u look for original texts. U behave like people that Paul encountered in his travels that were men of reason that studied deeper than what they saw or read.

Atheists study and research. Occultists study and research on their vodoo. I hate to say this but muslims study and research to validate their doctrine. CHRISTIANS DONT. To them "God hates to be questioned". IF U DONT ASK QUESTIONS, HOW WILL GOD GIVE U ANSWERS? angry
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
frosbel:

well , I do not claim to know everything which is why I am where I am today.

It is better not to mock others like you have done, ra[/b]ther remain on the specific points that were highlighted for a healthy discussion, otherwise do not bother participating.

The whole purpose of this article has been derailed and your camp has suspiciously refused to respond to any of the points mentioned, I really do not know why. If you are on the side of truth why avoid questions that probe those truths ?

[b]Truth is never afraid to be examined and validated , only those who hold unto a LIE will avoid every opportunity to examine
and expose their doctrine of demons !
@ emboldened you are taking this hell msg too far with all these funny statements you are making...i wonder wat u mean by mockery..rather you are the one mocking what Jesus CHRIST Taught in scriptures...HELL IS HELL AND HELL IS REAL...image has told you that, but u still don't agree..do you want Jesus to come down and tell u these things in order for you to believe? HABA!!! I ADMIT I Don't know much about the hell doctrine but i prayed and studied the scriptures on these, and the Holy Spirit TOLD me in clear unmistakable terms that hell is real..salvation is only possible when u re alive...there is no repentance in the grave..stop confusing yourselves with greek/hebrew words like sheol, tartaru, hades, gehenna, abys...Jesus did not mince words...HE SAID ALL ARE HELL and will be thrown into the lake of fire during judgement..sheol appeared only once as grave in scriptures and 31 times as hell and 3 times as pit..tataras is lower regions of the earth(eph 4:9)ps 68:18.which is also hell..Jesus used gehenna as an analogy to describe what hell looks like..abys is the bottomless pit which is also hell..ehen and "outer darkness" is yet another synonym for hell. It is a place of darkness. It is also outside the experience of God's grace. For, although God bestows His grace on both the just and the unjust while on earth (Matthew 5:45; Acts 14:17), none of the gracious presence of God is to be found in the place of outer darkness.like i said earlier to ijawkid, the patriarchs were gathered to a place of comfort and rest called Paradise which was located in Abraham’s Bosom in the heart of the Earth. There they would abide until the atonement of their souls and the payment for their sins had been accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the Cross (Hebrews10). After His resurrection they were loosed from this “holding area” (Ephesians 4:8-10) and were then able to enter into Heaven where they live to this day waiting for the resurrection of their glorified bodies. We get a glimpse of this dwelling of the deceased in Luke Chapter 16 with Lazarus and the Rich Man and to a lesser extent again with Samuel in 1 Samuel Chapter 28. In both cases these men are said to be dead but yet they continue to live and retain all of their mental and physical capacities that they possessed while alive here on Earth. Obviously then death in the Bible does not mean complete annihilation of a person’s being but rather the transformation from this earthly, physical existence to that of a spiritual realm. That man would cease to exist at his death or drift off into a state of unconsciousness is a false teaching propagated by various cults and is easily refuted by Scripture (Mark 9:44-48, Philippians 1:21-23, Revelations 20:4, Hebrews 12:1).
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
deebrain:

Mr Bidam, this will be yr last time of questioning my beliefs. U have done this two times now.

When reading a newspaper story, u read a line or two without any personal investigations and open yr mouth like a person yawning when u see something shocking.

When STUDYING A NEWSPAPER STORY(i dont think folks like u care about that) u do more. U investigate a story. U make calls. U dont just conclude on the line or two stuff. U take yr stake higher.

And dont kid yrself. The holy spirit will always be willing to reveal stuff to people. [b]But how will he do it when people like u are so sold out "to the way we are taught in church". Any knowledge that He gives that somehow does not flow with how u were taught, [/b]u people say its d devil and not the holy spirit that is talking EVEN WHEN WITHIN U, YR SPIRIT (IF U ARE A CHRISTIAN) AGREES WITH IT. U bind "that voice" and leave that study.

Yr bible told u in 2 Tim 2 vs15 to study to show yrself endorsed AND NOT JUST READ. U dont just conclude. U compare scriptures. U look for the first mention of a word. Since yr bibles was translated into english during european wars of conquest by the europeans, u look for original texts. U behave like people that Paul encountered in his travels that were men of reason that studied deeper than what they saw or read.

Atheists study and research. Occultists study and research on their vodoo. I hate to say this but muslims study and research to validate their doctrine. CHRISTIANS DONT. To them "God hates to be questioned". IF U DONT ASK QUESTIONS, HOW WILL GOD GIVE U ANSWERS? angry
@ the emboldened you don"t know what you are saying..dats why my first question to you was weda u re a believer? and who told you i swallow wat is being dished out in church witout checking the scriptures? are you the HOLY SPIRIT? THE FACT THAT MOST BELIEVERS HERE DON'T ARGUE WITH FROSBEL FALSE DOCTRINES ON HELL DOES NOT MEAN THEY AGREE...AND I AM CONFIDENT OF THE FACT THAT MANY TRUE BELIEVERS ALL OVER THE WORLD HAVE THAT CONVICTION THAT HELL IS A REALITY...AM NOT DEPENDING ON MY FATHERS BUT THE HOLY SPIRIT ON THIS ISSUE...PLS GO BACK TO JESUS AND ASK HIM QUESTION COS SALVATION IS A PERSONAL THING..I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANSWER..ONLY JESUS THE TEACHER OF HELL CAN..
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 6:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
@Bidam

And yes i will go to Jesus and ask Him if u would also go and ask Him if he spoke english in his time.

U are pathetic! angry
U said Jesus just said "Hell". Now lets see something. Matthew 5 vs 22 (in Jesus actual statement which was in Aramaic-Jews language form of combined greek and hebrew)Jesus tells people that anyone that says a word of contempt about his brother will be answerable to the governing body. But anyone that says that his brother is a fool, will be divinely handled is in danger of being sent to "GEHENNA". YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE CHANGED THAT WORD TO HELL OR HELL FIRE. Rather than letting somethings go, u guys still play yr childish attitude.angry Now go and research what i said. Pay for the cost if need be and dont just drop by with a lame verse.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
deebrain: @Bidam

And yes i will go to Jesus and ask Him if u would also go and ask Him if he spoke english in his time.

U are pathetic! angry
U said Jesus just said "Hell". Now lets see something. Matthew 5 vs 22 (in Jesus actual statement which was in Aramaic-Jews language form of combined greek and hebrew)Jesus tells people that anyone that says a word of contempt about his brother will be answerable to the governing body. But anyone that says that his brother is a fool, will be divinely handled is in danger of being sent to "GEHENNA". YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE CHANGED THAT WORD TO HELL OR HELL FIRE. Rather than letting somethings go, u guys still play yr childish attitude.angry Now go and research what i said. Pay for the cost if need be and dont just drop by with a lame verse.
pls whats ur real name? I hope it is not deebrain..i want to pray to God on ur behalf..pls permit me...its not mockery
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: pls whats ur real name? I hope it is not deebrain..i want to pray to God on ur behalf..pls permit me...its not mockery

I dont need yr prayers. Nobody does. Focus on the issue. Im not frosbel. Frosbel tolerated all yr arguements and polite religious insults for 8 eight pages. I wont. (mocking smile) after 8 pages somebody now wants to pray. Please.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
deebrain:

I dont need yr prayers. Nobody does. Focus on the issue. Im not frosbel. Frosbel tolerated all yr arguements and polite religious insults for 8 eight pages. I wont. (mocking smile) after 8 pages somebody now wants to pray. Please.
am ok with the mocking smile anyway..Jesus was also mocked..no wahala..the fact that it got to 8 pages goes to show that the arguments are baseless and God is not in it..pls do you pray in tongues?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by truthislight: 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
deebrain: @Bidam

thank you very much
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by ijawkid(m): 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: @ the emboldened...ofcos i know that, the joke was actually on you dumb head....did i mention altar as paradise in my post this lies don dey too much sha....i mention that fact in my post maybe you were too blind in marshaling your arguments to notice...i brought scriptures to prove my points, stop insinuating what Jesus said...has "today turned to that day"..see what JESUS said...let me use other translations so you wont do 419....
New International Version (©1984)
Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
New Living Translation (©2007)

And Jesus replied, "I assure you,[b] today you will be with me in paradise."

English Standard Version (©2001)[/b]
And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you sha[/b]ll be with Me in Paradise."

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
And He said to him, [b]"I assure you: Today you will be with Me in paradise."

International Standard Version (©2012)
Jesus told him, "I tell you with certainty, today you will be with me in Paradise."

If you didn't know there were puctuations issue with this verse then you have a long way to go...........Jesus and that thief did not go to paradise that day.........the kjv translators who are ofcus pro immortality of the soul like you misplaced punctuations to support there false stance.....but as we can see from the scriptures Jesus and that thief went to no paradise ,rather they went to the grave........except you wanna define ""grave"" as paradise.............

Meanwhile the reason why I insinuated you thinking that the altar is paradise is because
I see no relevance of you quoting that scripture in this discussion........I gave a precept upon precept explanation of what those souls on the altar connote.........
... shocked shocked shocked these are false(fallacy)...lemme quote again the translations so you won't miss the gist, be cos e be like say u no dey see(pharisee)....mat 12:40 connects 1 pet 3:19 Matthew 12:40 (King James Version)

Matthew 12:40
King James Version (KJV)
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.[/b]the bible said he died on the cross..did the bible tell us he died in the heart of the earth? if it did, pls show me the scripture. 1 pet 3 18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, [b]that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19[b] By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
[/b]
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

it was immediately after death that the resurrection power hit the grave he was laid bro... and not after being unconscious for 3 days and three nights as you would have us believe..be cos the next verse stated clearly what he went to do within those three days and 3 nights. you can now see your lies and deceptions from the pit of hell abi....and its like you are having a hard time differentiating between spirit, soul and body..abegi go for foundational studies on that.. grin grin grin

Lol.....you are fallacious my bro....oh I forgot you were a muslim before....am I right??.....only muslims argue that Jesus did not die,and its no surprise you are holding on to such false belief just to support the phony point that "" the dead are conscious""....smh!!!!!......you had to go quote matthew 12:40 as a prop for ""Jesus was alive while in his tomb or for the 3days he was in the grave....smh!!!!!!.........you better go back to being a muslim...........
Was Jonah active while in the belly of the fish??was Jonah able to preach during his 3days stay in the belly of the fish??........that matthew you quoted even supports the scriptural stance that the dead are totally conscious of nothing at all.....that scripture butresses the fact that the dead are inactive.....and Jesus was indeed inactive while he stayed 3days in the tomb..so going to preach to the spirits in prison from his tomb would even contradict the parallels between his(Jesus) death and stay in sheol for 3days with Jonahs stay in the belly of the fish.......more to this is that Jesus died and was buried,which makes Jesus' case of unconsciousness and inactiveness double that of Jonah's.........Jonah was not killed nor did Jonah die(but preserved alive in the fish's belly),but Jesus was stabbed and killed and he died and was buried.......and so Jesus remained unconscious for 3days.......take your lies back to islam and to greek philosophers
Can we please consider 1 peter 3:18-20 and see how false your assertions are.??.....let's read from other reenditions so that you get the point clearer rather than spread false demonic teachings to people.....
So he went and preached to the spirits in prison

Goodnews translation(GNT)
18 For Christ died [ a ] for sins once and for all, a good man on behalf of sinners, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death physically, but made alive spiritually,
19.. and in his[b]spiritual existence[/b] he went and preached to the imprisoned spirits

From the above it was after christ was raised up he went to preach to the spirits in prison not when he was in the grave.............that scripture never said it was while Christ was In the grave for 3days that he went to preach to those spirits....for you to assume that is unscriptural and false........Christ remained unconscious there in the tomb until he was ressurected........like I have said earlier you and your cohorts are a making a mockery of the ressurection.........also it has been debunked that nobody goes to heaven immediately after death or while in there graves.....I know you agree Christ did not smell the surroundings of the heavens when he died ............people who die stay unconscious in there graves until they are ressurected.............shikena.

1 Like

Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: am ok with the mocking smile anyway..Jesus was also mocked..no wahala..the fact that it got to 8 pages goes to show that the arguments are baseless and God is not in it..pls do you pray in tongues?

God is everywhere but He cant manifest in where people glorify ignorance.

There was a post in this thread that u answered with yr first insult that i was being proud and doing like i know too much (how come u want to play good boy now?).

SPEAKING IN TONGUES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER U HAVE KNOWLEDGE OR NOT. It builds u up (spiritually) to either manifest knowledge, faith and grace that is in u or humbles u to accept it.
If God knew that you will have knowledge via tongues, He wont tell u to study. Dont ask me dumb questions.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
truthislight:

thank you very much.

U are welcome sir.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 8:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
Im even getting angry that condemnation preachers really made me go too far into satan for long before one of my supposed "catches" preached the actual gospel to me..People that dont know the big bibles they carry going about telling people "hell this, hell that". If only i knew somethings i knew now then, it would have been different.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by ijawkid(m): 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: OK..the rescuer has arrived..and why not? HE said " I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this? John 11:25-26"... OK i now see to buttress your demonic doctrines that Jesus was a mere man abi? WAS JONAH DEAD IN THE BELLY OF THE FISH?? DO YOU THINK JESUS WAS silly TO HAVE USED THAT ANALOGY?? IT IS TO STOP PPLE LIKE YOU FROM CREATING WRONG DOCTRINES IN THE CHURCH.
.......My sincere apology frosbel, you actually are the one who need the Holy Spirit to interprete the Bible for you.

I can see you have no choice but to support the muslims on this.......Jonah did not experience death,Jonah was not killed.......Jesus experienced death....Jesus was killed......do you really understand what kill means??.........Jesus was only showing how[b]inactive[/b] he'll be whilst in the tomb coupled with the fact that he'll be killed...................

When Jesus says those who believe in him,though he die yet shall LIVE only affirms the hope of ressurection for dead persons............RESSURECTION of the dead i§ what Jesus would do for all those who had believed in him.............when we die we remain unconscious until we are ressurected.........

Please stop propagating this false teaching....its aim is to abrogate the true doctrine of ressurection.......if souls would be running or roving round the heavens and hell fire after a person dies then Yahweh and his son would be wasting there time with ressurection..............it would be a big contradiction ressurecting one who is alive.....only the dead experience ressurection.............
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
deebrain:

God is everywhere but He cant manifest in where people glorify ignorance.

There was a post in this thread that u answered with yr first insult that i was being proud and doing like i know too much (how come u want to play good boy now?).

SPEAKING IN TONGUES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER U HAVE KNOWLEDGE OR NOT. It builds u up (spiritually) to either manifest knowledge, faith and grace that is in u or humbles u to accept it.
If God knew that you will have knowledge via tongues, He wont tell u to study. Dont ask me dumb questions.
if you take my first post as insult ayam sori..guess i interpreted u wrongly..but u did reply na..and u neva mentioned i insulted you..why are u sayin it now..i think i now no you better by this post.."no comment".
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: am ok with the mocking smile anyway..Jesus was also mocked..no wahala..the fact that it got to 8 pages goes to show that the arguments are baseless and God is not in it..pls do you pray in tongues?

You have not responded to ONE question after 8 pages and you dare compare yourself to JESUS for being mocked, I don't think anyone has mocked you, it has to be the other way round.

Why can you not address ONE question raised, is it not because it is difficult to defend a LIE ?

Your self-righteousness will not help you here, stick to the point and answer the questions, if you cannot then don't bother replying.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: if you take my first post as insult ayam sori..guess i interpreted u wrongly..but u did reply na..and u neva mentioned i insulted you..why are u sayin it now..i think i now no you better by this post.."no comment".

Keep yr apologies- i dont need them either. I need yr objective answers to frosbel initial questions.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
ijawkid:
If you didn't know there were puctuations issue with this verse then you have a long way to go...........Jesus and that thief did not go to paradise that day.........the kjv translators who are ofcus pro immortality of the soul like you misplaced punctuations to support there false stance.....but as we can see from the scriptures Jesus and that thief went to no paradise ,rather they went to the grave........except you wanna define ""grave"" as paradise.............

Meanwhile the reason why I insinuated you thinking that the altar is paradise is because
I see no relevance of you quoting that scripture in this discussion........I gave a precept upon precept explanation of what those souls on the altar connote.........

Lol.....you are fallacious my bro....oh I forgot you were a muslim before....am I right??.....only muslims argue that Jesus did not die,and its no surprise you are holding on to such false belief just to support the phony point that "" the dead are conscious""....smh!!!!!......you had to go quote matthew 12:40 as a prop for ""Jesus was alive while in his tomb or for the 3days he was in the grave....smh!!!!!!.........you better go back to being a muslim...........
Was Jonah active while in the belly of the fish??was Jonah able to preach during his 3days stay in the belly of the fish??........that matthew you quoted even supports the scriptural stance that the dead are totally conscious of nothing at all.....that scripture butresses the fact that the dead are inactive.....and Jesus was indeed inactive while he stayed 3days in the tomb..so going to preach to the spirits in prison from his tomb would even contradict the parallels between his(Jesus) death and stay in sheol for 3days with Jonahs stay in the belly of the fish.......more to this is that Jesus died and was buried,which makes Jesus' case of unconsciousness and inactiveness double that of Jonah's.........Jonah was not killed nor did Jonah die(but preserved alive in the fish's belly),but Jesus was stabbed and killed and he died and was buried.......and so Jesus remained unconscious for 3days.......take your lies back to islam and to greek philosophers
Can we please consider 1 peter 3:18-20 and see how false your assertions are.??.....let's read from other reenditions so that you get the point clearer rather than spread false demonic teachings to people.....
So he went and preached to the spirits in prison

Goodnews translation(GNT)
18 For Christ died [ a ] for sins once and for all, a good man on behalf of sinners, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death physically, but made alive spiritually,
19.. and in his[b]spiritual existence[/b] he went and preached to the imprisoned spirits

From the above it was after christ was raised up he went to preach to the spirits in prison not when he was in the grave.............that scripture never said it was while Christ was In the grave for 3days that he went to preach to those spirits....for you to assume that is unscriptural and false........Christ remained unconscious there in the tomb until he was ressurected........like I have said earlier you and your cohorts are a making a mockery of the ressurection.........also it has been debunked that nobody goes to heaven immediately after death or while in there graves.....I know you agree Christ did not smell the surroundings of the heavens when he died ............people who die stay unconscious in there graves until they are ressurected.............shikena.
lol..so what if i was a muslim? Does it bother you that i have seen the light? Are u happy or sad? By your statements i guess you are very annoyed like satan if not why should you say i should go back? I guess just like your father the devil who is in the business of knowing and checking someone's past..you have made a research of my post on nairaland before coming to reply me..keep up d pretense of being a believer..the sheeps will soon be separated from the goats..and mark my words its gonna be soon..
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2013

Less i forget, may Jesus Himself have mercy on u for this statement. Jesus teaching was perfect and very factual. The pharisees KNEW THAT HE SAID THE TRUTH BUT THEY COULD NOT ADMIT IT OPENLY. U are playing the pharisees against frosbel and u dare say what u said?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by ijawkid(m): 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: lol..so what if i was a muslim? Does it bother you that i have seen the light? Are u happy or sad? By your statements i guess you are very annoyed like satan if not why should you say i should go back? I guess just like your father the devil who is in the business of knowing and checking someone's past..you have made a research of my post on nairaland before coming to reply me..keep up d pretense of being a believer..the sheeps will soon be separated from the goats..and mark my words its gonna be soon..

No I aint annoyed that you're now a christian...I'm sorry if I sounded harsh and repulsive with my comment........I was only pointing out that you purge islam off your system completely if you really wanna hold on to what the bible teaches.........I'm happy you believe in Jesus ......I really am..................but please don't propagate the myth that Jesus wasn't dead while in the grave.............I'm sorry once more brother BIDAm ...........you're always welcome............please accept my apologies.........you be my brother........cheesy
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
ijawkid:

No I aint annoyed that you're now a christian...I'm sorry if I sounded harsh and repulsive with my comment........I was only pointing out that you purge islam off your system completely if you really wanna hold on to what the bible teaches.........I'm happy you believe in Jesus ......I really am..................but please don't propagate the myth that Jesus wasn't dead while in the grave.............I'm sorry once more brother BIDAm ...........you're always welcome............please accept my apologies.........you be my brother........cheesy

Did he really say that JESUS did not DIE in the grave
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
deebrain:

Less i forget, may Jesus Himself have mercy on u for this statement. Jesus teaching was perfect and very factual. The pharisees KNEW THAT HE SAID THE TRUTH BUT THEY COULD NOT ADMIT IT OPENLY. U are playing the pharisees against frosbel and u dare say what u said?
lol..my bro..u still dey vex after i don apologise..i can see d flesh @ work..abeg read mathew 5:22..cool down na its just an argument..no be quarel na shuo
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: lol..my bro..u still dey vex after i don apologise..i can see d flesh @ work..abeg read mathew 5:22..cool down na its just an argument..no be quarel na shuo

Whatever.cheesy
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by ijawkid(m): 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
frosbel:

He said that it was while Jesus was in the grave that he went away to preach to the spirits in prison not after Jesus was ressurected.........in other words bidam was saying Jesus was alive while in the tomb.....that Jesus' death only occured on the TREE he was hung.......
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
ijawkid:

so u mean the redemptive work of Christ on the cross of calvary has not purged me completely from dead works Ur statements are sickening by the day.. Are u really a believer? I believe others like alexleo and image have already ask u this question..anywayz by their fruits(statements) we shall know them.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
ijawkid:

He said that it was while Jesus was in the grave that he went away to preach to the spirits in prison not after Jesus was ressurected.........in other words bidam was saying Jesus was alive while in the tomb.....that Jesus' death only occured on the TREE he was hung.......

You see my brother the major problem these people have , by adhering to this doctrine of demons they deny the resurrection.

What was the purpose of the resurrection if JESUS was dead only for a few hours on the cross , but was thereafter alive for 3 days in the grave when he went to preach to the spirits in prison

This is so so sad and no longer a laughing matter.

Jesus Christ DIED FULLY for 3 days and was raised from the dead , he is the firstborn from the dead.

The problem with the fallacious position of the immortal soul , trinity and eternal torment believers, is that they do not believe that JESUS died 100% , they believe that only his body died , just like they also believe that the dead are not really dead but living in hell or heaven.

Blasphemy !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by ijawkid(m): 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bidam: so u mean the redemptive work of Christ on the cross of calvary has not purged me completely from dead works Ur statements are sickening by the day.. Are u really a believer? I believe others like alexleo and image have already ask u this question..anywayz by their fruits(statements) we shall know them.

Lol.....my bro when you believe in Jesus you read more about him and also truths from the scriptures.....Christ dying on the cross was for persons like you to purge your system off doctrines like the immortality of the soul and the eternal hell fire torment gibberish........the purging process is continous......keep purging your system until you allign with scriptural truths completely.......u dey hear me??
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
frosbel:

the Truth is death could not hold Him captive, even in the grave Jesus is Lord..He conquered death in Hell..stop dis blasphemy that Jesus is a man and not God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Prepare Your Family For Rapture / I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria / Creepy And Terrifying Photos Of Ghosts Caught On Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.