Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment (10106 Views)

How Appealing Is The Promise Of Eternal Life? / My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment / If Eternal Torment Is True, Then Where Is This Plain Teaching In The Tenach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
Beretta92: What kind of silly assignment are u guys giving d op.simply answer d questions raised n if u can't admit dat u can't instead of all these hide n seek games.

don't mind them grin

Surely we deserve a point to point discussion, not some emotional tantrums !
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by pastormustwacc: 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mark 9:47,48
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,
where "'their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.'

Frosbel, what do you think He was talking about here? Parables eh?

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Please frosbel, explain this scripture. Na which hell be that?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
[quote author=pastormustwacc]Mark 9:47,48
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,
where "'their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.'

Jesus was quoting Isaiah 66:24.

"And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

Jesus always referred to HELL as Gehenna which was a rubbish dump outside Jerusalem used for trash and carcasses of dead animals , and which burnt continually, complete with maggots ( worms ).

The wicked will also experience destruction in this manner , albeit on a larger scale.

And, if you want to take the fire not being quenched as literal , then you are bound to take the entire passage as literal, for example if your eyes cause you to sin, pluck them out and if your hands causes you to sin cut them off.

Obviously , Jesus meant that we should cut off any source of SIN and Wickedness , that could possibly imperil our souls and damn us to eternal destruction, never to taste of eternal life.

To rephrase Jesus , ' it is better for you to run or flee away from ALL sin , than to be destroyed in the Lake of Fire.

Frosbel, what do you think He was talking about here? Parables eh?

Revelation 20:14

You keep mentioning HELL , HELL actually means the grave or Gehenna which represents the lake of fire, a future appointment for Satan and all his cohorts both angels and humans.

Regarding Revelation 20:14, it is simply saying that the grave and death will be destroyed in the lake of fire together with the wicked.

"Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death." - Rev 20:14

The second death means just that , DEATH , an everlasting punishment where the wicked will never again have an opportunity to experience life ever again, they will cease to exist.

Anyone who believes that the GOD we serve will torture humans in an everlasting OVEN should reevaluate his belief system and ask which God he/she is worshiping.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by pastormustwacc: 10:02pm On Jan 01, 2013
So in the second death, the souls of the wicked will cease to exist completely? Utter destruction eh?
Na case closed be that o.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by ijawkid(m): 10:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
pastormustwacc: So in the second death, the souls of the wicked will cease to exist completely? Utter destruction eh?
Na case closed be that o.

You too funny.....lmao....na really case closed......some persons no go gree....them go say satan go live forever inside fire.....then I come wonder wether Satan sef join for the people wey go receive eternal LIFE...........

My bro lake of fire is second death,total destruction,complete obliteration of satan and his cohorts..............anyone who still thinks other wise would have to cling on to the philosophies of men and leave the bible alone......
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Image123(m): 12:27am On Jan 02, 2013
BARRISTERS: @image123

are you jesus? how do you know what jesus would say? tell us what YOU have to say!
is my response anyway suggesting that i am Jesus? Tell the op to ask Jesus, He's the head teacher of the doctrine in question.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by plappville(f): 1:52am On Jan 02, 2013
When question pass question confusion is always the answer. Laughing....at the quote grin grin
joe4christ:

[size=15pt]I dont know the actual Jesus you're following, but i sincerely doubt if it's the Jesus of the bible, cause you aint producing the fruits of the spirit, atleast i cant sense it in your writings.
Then i get tempted to question who you really are, are you really a son of God who is suffering from misconsception of biblical principles, terms and meaning or an agent of darkness sent in here to decieve and harden the mind of many believers by turning their heart against God without even knowing it.
Which are you mr frosbel?
Cos i'm kinda confused right now about what to think of you! [/size]

So na you dey decide who dey follow the right Jesus Abi?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by plappville(f): 1:56am On Jan 02, 2013
Image123:
is my response anyway suggesting that i am Jesus? Tell the op to ask Jesus, He's the head teacher of the doctrine in question.
YES IT SOUNDs YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT JESUS HAS TO SAY....OYA, ANSWER THOSE KWESIONS PLZZZ.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Image123(m): 3:37am On Jan 02, 2013
plappville:
YES IT SOUNDs YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT JESUS HAS TO SAY....OYA, ANSWER THOSE KWESIONS PLZZZ.
i don't have time for that, ask my chief teacher abi you dey fear?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2013
frosbel: I am really trying to understand why I am not getting any proper response from the eternal torment cheer leaders, could it be that they are not even sure what they believe in anymore regarding this topic ?

What is required is a rebuttal of ALL or SOME of the points raised in the original post, not some random emotional outburst !!

They cant respond to u. Most "hell fire" preachers, sorry to say, read their bibles like newspaper headlines. So they get confused with posts like these and immediately try to see it as anti-christ.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Image123(m): 11:10am On Jan 02, 2013
deebrain:

They cant respond to u. Most "hell fire" preachers, sorry to say, read their bibles like newspaper headlines. So they get confused with posts like these and immediately try to see it as anti-christ.
you mean you asked the chief hell fire preacher and he didn't answer you?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by truthislight: 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
deebrain:

lol.

How insightful.

2 Likes

Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
deebrain:

That is, if they read their Bible at all. Apparently, they just listen to church traditions or some pastor (that must wacc grin - no offense to pastormustwacc ) and believe everything verbatim - no questions asked.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by pastormustwacc: 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
*Clears my throat* err you meant the pastorpreneurs?

1 Like

Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by truthislight: 8:50am On Jan 03, 2013
pastormustwacc: *Clears my throat* err you meant the pastorpreneurs?

Exactly!

Guy you too much.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by deebrain(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2013
Image123:
you mean you asked the chief hell fire preacher and he didn't answer you?

Who, i pray thee, is the chief hell fire preacher...?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by truthislight: 10:35am On Jan 03, 2013
deebrain:

dont mind him and his inability to decipher the words of Jesus.

Jesus himself said that he speaks in riddle and perable so that the high and mighty of this world that are not humble will not understand.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Homebaked: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2013
The teaching of the church about hell being an everlasting torture place for evil doers is worrisome. The teaching implies that the inhabitants of this hell will be body and soul and fully concious. They will experience extreme pain but unable to pass out. This will go on forever.This kind of teaching may do well to frighten people to righteousness but I am afraid it is not portraying God as being rich in mercy. I wonder how happy one could be heaven thinking of a relative going through that hell. I go for total annihilation for the wicked-no life, no conciousness, no pain, nothing

4 Likes

Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Image123(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
deebrain:

Jesus
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
Image123:
Jesus

lol grin

Must be a different Jesus !

Jesus preached on Gehenna aka the lake of fire, not an immediate place of torment after death.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Image123(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

lol grin

Must be a different Jesus !

Jesus preached on Gehenna aka the lake of fire, not an immediate place of torment after death.
he remains the chief teacher.i thought He was the one that talked about Lazarus and the rich man?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
Image123:
he remains the chief teacher.i thought He was the one that talked about Lazarus and the rich man?

Indeed so, but what was the rich man's name ?

As I said , why are demons and their leader for whom hell was prepared, not yet tormented, why MAN. You guys think like the false institutions you follow !

1 Like

Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Image123(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Indeed so, but what was the rich man's name ?

As I said , why are demons and their leader for whom hell was prepared, not yet tormented, why MAN. You guys think like the false institutions you follow !
what was the name of the centurion Jesus said had great faith? Or the name of the thief on the cross? The Bible talks of angels in hell 2peter 2:4. I've shown you this before, do you lack retentive memory or purposely choose to live in denial?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
Homebaked: The teaching of the church about hell being an everlasting torture place for evil doers is worrisome. The teaching implies that the inhabitants of this hell will be body and soul and fully concious. They will experience extreme pain but unable to pass out. This will go on forever.This kind of teaching may do well to frighten people to righteousness but I am afraid it is not portraying God as being rich in mercy. I wonder how happy one could be heaven thinking of a relative going through that hell. I go for total annihilation for the wicked-no life, no conciousness, no pain, nothing

And that's what you'll find in the bible. "The wages of sin is death (absence of life), gift of God is everlasting life" - simple truthful statement.

1 Like

Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Image123(m): 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
Homebaked: The teaching of the church about hell being an everlasting torture place for evil doers is worrisome. The teaching implies that the inhabitants of this hell will be body and soul and fully concious. They will experience extreme pain but unable to pass out. This will go on forever.This kind of teaching may do well to frighten people to righteousness but I am afraid it is not portraying God as being rich in mercy. I wonder how happy one could be heaven thinking of a relative going through that hell. I go for total annihilation for the wicked-no life, no conciousness, no pain, nothing
Yep, the inhabitants of hell will be fully conscious as shown by Jesus the chief teacher of hell, to John His beloved.
Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
john also wondered at the things he saw, there are many wonderful and amazing things awaiting sinners and saints. It doesn't matter what you go for, hell is not by your vote or like, it is by Jesus the owner of hell.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123:
Yep, the inhabitants of hell will be fully conscious as shown by Jesus the chief teacher of hell, to John His beloved.
Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
john also wondered at the things he saw, there are many wonderful and amazing things awaiting sinners and saints. It doesn't matter what you go for, hell is not by your vote or like, it is by Jesus the owner of hell.

Don't forget that death and hell (which actually stands for grave) will be fully conscious also when thrown into the that same "lake of fire".

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death" - Rev 20:14

Isn't it obvious that "lake of fire" means second death or final destruction with no possibility of ever coming back, instead of torment?
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123:

in the dictionary of Image123, what do the following words mean :

1. Perish
2. Die
3. Death
4. Destruction
5. Destruction
6. Ashes
7. Stubble

Waiting !
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123:
what was the name of the centurion Jesus said had great faith? Or the name of the thief on the cross? The Bible talks of angels in hell 2peter 2:4. I've shown you this before, do you lack retentive memory or purposely choose to live in denial?

you are so fanatical and emotional in your argument, such that you refuse to slow down and read the bible for yourself with an open mind.

Sticking to traditional beliefs will not save you on the last day, only following Christ and his TRUE doctrine will.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Image123(m): 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2013
frosbel:

you are so fanatical and emotional in your argument, such that you refuse to slow down and read the bible for yourself with an open mind.

Sticking to traditional beliefs will not save you on the last day, only following Christ and his TRUE doctrine will.
hahaha, i knew you would have no tangible response. you've been served Bible evidence in your face again.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Image123(m): 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
frosbel:

in the dictionary of Image123, what do the following words mean :

1. Perish
2. Die
3. Death
4. Destruction
5. Destruction
6. Ashes
7. Stubble

Waiting !
Why not start with what they mean in Jesus'dictionary, is He not the chief teacher? He said some people will never die, what is His meaning of die, life, perish and co? Ask Him first.
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123:
Why not start with what they mean in Jesus'dictionary, is He not the chief teacher? He said some people will never die, what is His meaning of die, life, perish and co? Ask Him first.

Jesus dictionary ? So we have another dictionary that explains these words differently ? Please show me where this dictionary is ?

Last time I checked , the bible translators translated the words of GOD and JESUS into the most appropriate English equivalents, are you saying they did not know what they were doing ?

SMH grin
Re: Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123:
hahaha, i knew you would have no tangible response. you've been served Bible evidence in your face again.

Bible evidence ? Sorry where is this elusive evidence you keep providing ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Need Lyrics On : Alade Ogo, Jesu Logbara And Talo Dabere Songs / What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? / Hello Heathens!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.