Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,662 members, 7,959,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:02 AM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (483118 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by dabigjoe6(m): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
i got simple server on my ubuntu and it works normally when i start it but after changing my ip, i try to connect to the internet but my browser just keeps loading and nothing connects
Re: Ubuntu Linux by emexi: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2016
dabigjoe6:
i got simple server on my ubuntu and it works normally when i start it but after changing my ip, i try to connect to the internet but my browser just keeps loading and nothing connects

bro..am new to ubuntu and i have been struggling on how to use simple server on ubuntu..am kinda happy to know that its possible.. can you drop ya no..so for me to call and learn from you.......
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dabigjoe6(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
emexi:

bro..am new to ubuntu and i have been struggling on how to use simple server on ubuntu..am kinda happy to know that its possible.. can you drop ya no..so for me to call and learn from you.......
i could tell you the procedures here but am not going to be with my system till tomorrow because am not around or if you would understand your self you could just google mtn bis on ubuntu
Re: Ubuntu Linux by emexi: 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
dabigjoe6:
i could tell you the procedures here but am not going to be with my system till tomorrow because am not around or if you would understand your self you could just google mtn bis on ubuntu

bro i wil wait until you are able..... i googled but honestly i didnt know the a or b of everything
Re: Ubuntu Linux by emexi: 10:14am On Mar 02, 2016
emexi:

bro i wil wait until you are able..... i googled but honestly i didnt know the a or b of everything
[quote author=emexi post=4339

bro are you back .. today has come am waiting for your lectures
Re: Ubuntu Linux by emexi: 10:14am On Mar 02, 2016
emexi:

bro are you back .. today has come .... your student is already seated
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dabigjoe6(m): 11:58am On Mar 02, 2016
emexi:

bro are you back .. today has come am waiting for your lectures
google it first i travelled and i may not be back until tomorrow
Re: Ubuntu Linux by emexi: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2016
i have downloaded it ..my problems is in installation...i tried and t got ..no such file or directory found
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
emexi:
i have downloaded it ..my problems is in installation...i tried and t got ..no such file or directory found

You need to change directory to the appropriate folder. Check your instructions where u downloaded it again and follow it
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dabigjoe6(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2016
emexi:
since you have downloaded it u have to extract it. preferably extract it to your download folder. then open your terminal and enter the following cd /home/username/download (in the space for username enter the username of ur pc) next cd simpleserverubuntu(or whatever name the folder u extracted is) next chmod +x SimpleServer.py next /SimpleServer.py next change the ip address of your pc
Re: Ubuntu Linux by emexi: 10:28am On Mar 03, 2016
dabigjoe6:
since you have downloaded it u have to extract it. preferably extract it to your download folder. then open your terminal and enter the following cd /home/username/download (in the space for username enter the username of ur pc) next cd simpleserverubuntu(or whatever name the folder u extracted is) next chmod +x SimpleServer.py next /SimpleServer.py next change the ip address of your pc

bro please can you flash me .. 08097876822
Re: Ubuntu Linux by emexi: 10:29am On Mar 03, 2016
after cd/home/username/ do i have to click enter or continue ......i have ddone all youve written here but i keep getting not found
Re: Ubuntu Linux by examdeal: 11:44am On Mar 03, 2016
Guys, examdeal sells Linux dvd video Training . check them out

www.examdeal.net

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by emexi: 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
dabigjoe6:

thanks my friend..its working now
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Fulaman198(m): 6:18pm On Mar 03, 2016
dabigjoe6:
its connecting to only my phone hotspot its not connecting to any other wifi

Can you please take a screen shot using a tool like shutter. I need to get caught up to speed on this thread.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dabigjoe6(m): 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
emexi:

thanks my friend..its working now
ok is it connecting as in can it browse, cause i have still problem with browsing with my own even if i use wine. Sory for the other time my phone went off
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dabigjoe6(m): 7:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
Guys now I have another problem with my ubuntu, Its not detecting my battery and my display i have to use terminal to reduce brightness, although sometimes evrything seems to work fine, but most of the time it doesn't work well. I remember installing some battery management apps mayb its the cause am not sure, I really need help. Love ubuntu
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Fulaman198(m): 12:10am On Mar 04, 2016
dabigjoe6:
its connecting to only my phone hotspot its not connecting to any other wifi

Hello friend,

try typing

Username@Ubuntu ~ $ ifconfig

at the command line, when you do so, I would like for you go ahead and take a screenshot (please edit out the MAC-Address/Hardware address information) It should look something like this. 00-7A-23-45-67-89 or something similar to that. Try to edit it out. You may see colons or hyphens. It's a 48-bit address.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Fulaman198(m): 12:13am On Mar 04, 2016
dabigjoe6:
Guys now I have another problem with my ubuntu, Its not detecting my battery and my display i have to use terminal to reduce brightness, although sometimes evrything seems to work fine, but most of the time it doesn't work well. I remember installing some battery management apps mayb its the cause am not sure, I really need help. Love ubuntu

Hmm I'll hop onto my Ubuntu computer to help diagnose later on. Sorry about all of this.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dabigjoe6(m): 2:32am On Mar 04, 2016
Fulaman198:

Hello friend,

try typing

Username@Ubuntu ~ $ ifconfig

at the command line, when you do so, I would like for you go ahead and take a screenshot (please edit out the MAC-Address/Hardware address information) It should look something like this. 00-7A-23-45-67-89 or something similar to that. Try to edit it out. You may see colons or hyphens. It's a 48-bit address.

Re: Ubuntu Linux by dabigjoe6(m): 2:39am On Mar 04, 2016
Barywhyte:

No need to reinstall

$ sudo apt-get install wicd
$sudo wicd &

Refresh and scan for wifi in wicd network manager gui interface. Select d wifi. Click properties and enter d wifi password.

That's it
it's not still connecting, to any other wifi apart from my phone hotspot
Re: Ubuntu Linux by emexi: 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
dabigjoe6:

it's not still connecting, to any other wifi apart from my phone hotspot

brother,yesterday i downloaded linux 17.3 and removed ubuntu...everything works fine no problems..thanks once again for the tutorials am still flexing with it...bye bye to forever in search of windows driver
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Fulaman198(m): 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2016
dabigjoe6:

wlp2s0 seems to be your wireless interface and it is getting an assigned IP address. Can you try pinging google.com e.g. (screenshot below). Hit ctrl-c when you see enough packet responses (ICMP replies or echo replies) come back.

According to your RX: you have received over 500 megabytes of data at the time of screen capture, so you are definitely receiving data. Try pinging out and also doing a traceroute.

So at the command line just type traceroute cisco.com. We need to know where the packets are going. Thanks!

Re: Ubuntu Linux by dabigjoe6(m): 12:29am On Mar 07, 2016
emexi:

brother,yesterday i downloaded linux 17.3 and removed ubuntu...everything works fine no problems..thanks once again for the tutorials am still flexing with it...bye bye to forever in search of windows driver
well thanks, but it's still the same thing since linux mint is based on ubuntu
Re: Ubuntu Linux by FrankLampard: 11:34am On Mar 11, 2016
What is wrong guys, I can't install Ubuntu along with Windows 8.1 on my HP 650.

I have disabled fast boot, yet still getting the pix below.

Pls help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by FrankLampard: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
FrankLampard:

Pls help.
cry Gurus help now pls.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dabigjoe6(m): 12:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
I don't know what to do to solve the problem, but mayb u could create another partition or still just install afresh, cux seriously you won't need windows as far u have internet to download some stuffs
Re: Ubuntu Linux by FrankLampard: 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2016
dabigjoe6:
I don't know what to do to solve the problem, but mayb u could create another partition or still just install afresh, cux seriously you won't need windows as far u have internet to download some stuffs

I will create new thread now.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by emexi: 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
guys what could possible be wrong with my linux 17.3 ..my huawei modem dashboard appears when i insert the modem but vanishees after i minimize..i had resorted to pluging out to quit since i cant see the dashboard any more
Re: Ubuntu Linux by FrankLampard: 3:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
FrankLampard:

Pls help.

What's wrong with choosing "something else"?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by FrankLampard: 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
blackweaver:

What's wrong with choosing "something else"?

I don't understand Sir. In most tutorial online. I see Install along with Windows, but mine ain't showing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.