Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. (10052 Views)

Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by dayokanu(m): 11:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
danjohn:

If there are so many skilled Yoruba people in Yoruba land, why did Alao Akala and Gbenga Daniels get elected?

The same way Theodore Orji, Elechi Ibori, Alams and Retardeen got elected
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by danjohn: 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
topazjosh: that question sound soo undecidedthat question sound soo

I was simply questioning the premise of his statement. I am not saying that Yorubas do not have competent people. I am sure that Oyo and Ogun state had better people than Alao Akala and Gbenga Daniels but the "cabal" did not choose them.

I hate engaging in these type of tribal discussions. Even when one attempts to stay above the fray, things end up being perceived in an offensive way.

All I am saying is that we should allow the best people in an area present themselves to the public to make their pick. In the 1950s Zik was elected from Lagos. Keep in mind that the people of Lagos voted for him even though they knew that he had a very realistic chance of becoming the Premier of the Western Region. All I am saying is that we must remember that our politics is very complex. While there may be many competent Yorubas in Yoruba land, the cabal may annoint an incompetent candidate. Do you think that the people of Lagos should vote for an incompetent Yoruba man or woman over a competent non-indigene settler? For example, if the political cabal in Lagos (currently controlled by ACN) picks an incompetent candidate, do you think that the the people of Lagos should vote for him over a non-indigene settler who has a proven track record of success?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by dayokanu(m): 12:07am On Jan 08, 2013
^^ Yes the people of lagos would vote for an incompetent Yoruba before any other.

Just like Americans would rather vote for an American george Bush to be president before considering Wole Soyinka for US presidency
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by danjohn: 12:10am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu: ^^ Yes the people of lagos would vote for an incompetent Yoruba before any other.

Just like Americans would rather vote for an American george Bush to be president before considering Wole Soyinka for US presidency

I know for a fact that the people of Edo state would vote for Wole Soyinka before voting for Lucky Igbinedion if given a chance.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by dayokanu(m): 12:12am On Jan 08, 2013
danjohn:

I know for a fact that the people of Edo state would vote for Wole Soyinka before voting for Lucky Igbinedion if given a chance.

So why have they been denied the chance? Why did they vote Igbinedion and not Soyinka? Why did Deltans vote ibori, bayelsans vote Alams and Sylva instead of Adamu Muazu and Nuhu Ribadu
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by danjohn: 12:16am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

So why have they been denied the chance? Why did they vote Igbinedion and not Soyinka? Why did Deltans vote ibori, bayelsans vote Alams and Sylva instead of Adamu Muazu and Nuhu Ribadu

Did those people present themselves as candidates for governor in the states you mentioned? Did they run a well funded and managed campaign?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by dayokanu(m): 12:21am On Jan 08, 2013
danjohn:

Did those people present themselves as candidates for governor in the states you mentioned? Did they run a well funded and managed campaign?

Why didnt the Edolite, Bayelsans etc go and bring them and campaign for them, fund them and elect them as Governors of their states
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by danjohn: 1:04am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Why didnt the Edolite, Bayelsans etc go and bring them and campaign for them, fund them and elect them as Governors of their states

LMAO!!!! I am tired of arguing. You have a legitimate point though. I don't think that non-Yorubas should impose a candidate on Lagosions. Such a thing would backfire. Something like this, if it ever happens, should happen organically. A successful non-indigenous candidate would need to prove him or herself. He or she would need to know the language, culture, history, and nuances of the people of Lagos. The person must have confirmed beyond all reasonable doubt their love for the people of Lagos and their desire realize the dream of Lagosions of making their city an international megacity. A few years ago, it seemed like Nigeria could only elect a WaZoeBia candidate for President but then came Goodluck Jonathan and now Nigerians believe that anyone can be elected President. All I am saying is that it would be inspiring if a non-indigene is elected governor of any state. It would be a giant step out our national integration and unity. Cheers!!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EkoIle1: 3:01am On Jan 08, 2013
danjohn:

If there are so many skilled Yoruba people in Yoruba land, why did Alao Akala and Gbenga Daniels get elected?

They were not elected by Yoruba people, there were rigged in by the same useless and incompetent losers wrecking your land. The fact that the clowns you are talking about are Yoruba doesn't mean we don't have endless reservoir of competent people, the competent people you people don't have hence your backwardness and stagnation.

Yoruba people just rightfully elected competent and capable leaders across the SW while getting rid of the useless scums including all the losers you keep shouting all over the place.

Good leadership = Success.

Good leadership in the SW = Success in the SW
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by danjohn: 3:52am On Jan 08, 2013
Eko Ile:

They were not elected by Yoruba people, there were rigged in by the same useless and incompetent losers wrecking your land. The fact that the clowns you are talking about are Yoruba doesn't mean we don't have endless reservoir of competent people, the competent people you people don't have hence your backwardness and stagnation.

Yoruba people just rightfully elected competent and capable leaders across the SW while getting rid of the useless scums including all the losers you keep shouting all over the place.

Good leadership = Success.

Good leadership in the SW = Success in the SW

Eko Ile, I said in a later post that I was not saying that Yorubas do not have competent people. There are many competent people in Yoruba land but the political elite sometimes select incompetent people. What I was trying to say was that if the people of a state have to choose between a competent nonindigene settler and an incompetent indigene, they should choose the competent nonindigene settler.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EkoIle1: 4:18am On Jan 08, 2013
danjohn:

Eko Ile, I said in a later post that I was not saying that Yorubas do not have competent people. There are many competent people in Yoruba land but the political elite sometimes select incompetent people. What I was trying to say was that if the people of a state have to choose between a competent nonindigene settler and an incompetent indigene, they should choose the competent nonindigene settler.

Going by the highlighted submission, where is the sense in picking a non-indigene when there is no shortage of qualified indigene candidates.

Bottom line, if there are 10 billion non-indigene candidates against 1 indigene candidate, we'll pick the qualified indigene. Fortunately for us, we have countless qualified and talented indigene candidates so non-indigene candidates have zero chance in Lagos state. They need to go back to their village and put their talents to use om behalf of their own people.

Necessary fixation on other people's land is what's killing ibo people, they spend too much time worrying about other people, but less time and need to worry about and fix their own decaying land.

The SW that many of you run to for survival and peace of mind is the result good leadership, it's the result of good public administration and management, it's the by product of people with peace and harmony dispositions and way of life.

Your so called talents and brain box that you beat your chest with everyday is yet to solve your problems back home so why should we even consider such unverified and questionable talents?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 3:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ijaws, Urhobo, Isoko, Edo, Igbo, Igala, Idoma, Itsekiri, Hausa, Efik/Ibibio etc. Let's decide in 2015. We are LAGOSIANS!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Let the game begin..
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Collins93304: 9:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
It will surely happen, afterall Igbos own all of Festac, Satellite and Orile. As fellow Nigerians, our goal is to move into the new Eko Atlantic City and then the government house. Igbos practise what they believe, which is the unity of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
Collins93304: It will surely happen, afterall Igbos own all of Festac, Satellite and Orile. As fellow Nigerians, our goal is to move into the new Eko Atlantic City and then the government house. Igbos practise what they believe, which is the unity of Nigeria.

In that case, i wish you ibos all the best of luck however just bear in mind that others (your fello nigerians) may not see issues from the

same prism as you guys and may therefore go to great lengths (i.e pogrom),to thwart your objectives.

So ibos believe in the unity of nigeria yet you have nothing but sheer and utter hatred for your fellow nigerians, most especially, the yorubas.

Once again, good luck in your endeavour......

I laugh in onitsha!!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
double post.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by babapupa: 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
Collins93304: It will surely happen, afterall Igbos own all of Festac, Satellite and Orile. As fellow Nigerians, our goal is to move into the new Eko Atlantic City and then the government house. Igbos practise what they believe, which is the unity of Nigeria.

This same delusions and misguided thoughts is the reason why you people get your azz whooped all the time.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Collins93304: 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
babapupa:

This same delusions and misguided thoughts is the reason why you people get your azz whooped all the time.

whooped by Yoruba? I dey grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin. Best joke for 2013.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by babapupa: 11:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
Collins93304:

whooped by Yoruba? I dey grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin. Best joke for 2013.

Ask your village elders who whooped your biafran azzz and who you surrendered to.
also ask them why hausa folks slaughter you all the time like ileya goats..

The joke is on you fool.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Collins93304: 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
babapupa:

Ask your village elders who whooped your biafran azzz and who you surrendered to.
also ask them why hausa folks slaughter you all the time like ileya goats..

The joke is on you fool.

Aaah Biafran war? I do not blame you, I blame Mallam and oyinbo for allowing cowards to cook and do their laudry at the war front.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 2:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ijaws, Urhobo, Isoko, Edo, Igbo, Igala, Idoma, Itsekiri, Hausa, Efik/Ibibio etc. Let's decide in 2015. We are LAGOSIANS!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Isiterere(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
geeez: Yes I agree with the OP and in addition Alao Akala will take over from Rochas Okorocha while Alhaji Lateef Akinsola aka Tokyo will succeed Sullivan Chime after Peter Obi would have handed over to Abass Obesere
I laff so tey, water nearly block my eyes;ah ah ah very funny.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by sexkilzaphull: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
Get2go: This politics. Considering the greater percent of non-yorubas in Lagos, rallyin around the popular non-yoruba candidate with either LP, APGA or CPC ticket, i'm sure ACN and PDP will beaten pants down in a popular vote.

Why do ibos court disaster and destruction? Dr. Osuji captured it aptly when he said ibos have a death wish! Well, Lagos is Yoruba country and that you are a tenant in a house for 100 years does not mean you are now part of the family of the owners. If you people don't want to actualize your death wish, it is better you go back to your villages and contest for whatever you like there!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by sexkilzaphull: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
Get2go: Ijaws, Urhobo, Isoko, Edo, Igbo, Igala, Idoma, Itsekiri, Hausa, Efik/Ibibio etc. Let's decide in 2015. We are LAGOSIANS!!

Well, don't rope all those people into your disaster-in-waiting! Thinking like this was responsible for the destruction of Nigeria's first republic. You conveniently mentioned other tribes who are content people and you put ibo in the middle when we all know that is the only tribe that should actually be on your death list. Worry not, you will soon get what you deserve again!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Awake9ja(m): 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

Well, don't rope all those people into your disaster-in-waiting! Thinking like this was responsible for the destruction of Nigeria's first republic. You conveniently mentioned other tribes who are content people and you put ibo in the middle when we all know that is the only tribe that should actually be on your death list. Worry not, you will soon get what you deserve again!

as an idoma man I really want a non Yoruba but progressive person to rule lagos state, we are tired of fashola/tinubu agbero style of governance.
media hype propaganda and deception is too much I must confess.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

PT Candidate Olawepo-hashim Overtakes Buhari On Social Media / Estimated Billing To Be Criminalized – Reps / Pictures: The Moment Nnandi Kanu Was Arrested in UK By Nigerian Security Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.