Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. (10045 Views)

Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
jason123:

Stop wasting your time. The only "non-indigenes" interested in your adventures are fellow Igbos. Most non-indigenes don't have time for this. I'll advise any political party (like PPA..lol...who presented an Igbo woman with a Yoruba middle-name in the last election. I think only her family voted for her..lol) that wants to present an IGBO man not to WASTE their money. It will be a colossal waste!
The fact that Igbos make-up greatest number of population of non-indigenous lagosians will never guarantee their being the governor in 2015. It will interest to have an origin of edo, delta, as well as benue, kaduna, ebonyi etc flying the popular candidate flag for LAGOS GOVERNOR. The electorates in lagos will decide!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by koruji(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
So those who cannot stand each other ordinarily will come together in a conspiracy against Yoruba in Yoruba-land.
You are in la-la-land my friend.

Get2go: The fact that Igbos make-up greatest number of population of non-indigenous lagosians will never guarantee their being the governor in 2015. It will interest to have an origin of edo, delta, as well as benue, kaduna, ebonyi etc flying the popular candidate flag for LAGOS GOVERNOR. The electorates in lagos will decide!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
can't you all see he is pulling your legs undecided
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by seunny4lif(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
LOL,AT ALL THE COMMENTS SINCE BUT ONE COUNTRY THAT I KNOW THAT IS LIKE NIGERIA IS LIBYA,NIGER REP.DURING GADAFFI TIME,TRIPOLI MAN NO FIT GOV BENGHAZI OH,GHAT MAN NO FIT RULE SABHA OOOH,NA PROBLEM BE THAT OOOO IN EVEN IN THE MILITARY CAMPS.NOW THE MAN IS DEATH,THE THING COME WORSE PASS HIM TIME.....NUM ONE MAD PEOPLE NA MISRATA,THEN BENGHAZI.IN SHORT NA BENGHAZI MAD PASS FOLLOWED BY NA ZINTAN TOWN,GOVERNOR URSELF WITH UR OWN MILITARY NOW.....THAT IS THE LEAST IN LIYBA,I WAS NOT TOLD BUT I LIVE THERE DURING AND AFTER THE WAR......NON YORUBA TO RULE NA PROBLEM BE THT,ABEG....
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
odogwu-x:

People cannot come to a internet visited by many and spew crap like this - anonymous site or not -

It was done out of anger my brother
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by odogwux(m): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
alj harem:

It was done out of anger my brother

Every action has consequences. I am a regular visitor to this site and I know how thick my skin has become however I can't vouch for others. I can however tell you that paranoia and suspicion is growing and so also are the number of guns that paranoid people are buying in this country just in case all these threats are for real
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 8:41pm On Jan 06, 2013
odogwu-x:

Every action has consequences. I am a regular visitor to this site and I know how thick my skin has become however I can't vouch for others. I can however tell you that paranoia and suspicion is growing and so also are the number of guns that paranoid people are buying in this country just in case all these threats are for real

LOL grin grin grin grin How many people would they shot ? My brother I am as relaxed as a snail. I suggest you all buying guns to protect your "properties" to relax. God knows best he would protect us all.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:

Yorubas tolerate crap, walahi I wan create my own boko haram. Kill all Igbos in Lagos state. Na Sholly E. Popz talk am and I approve this message!

Sholly went gangster on the East coast on this thread!! sad

Is this the beginning of the East vs. West beef in naija?? I supported the West Coast(grew up on G-funk and West coast music and style of dressing) during that epic rap war... However, I still had mad love for a few artists on the East coast...

I'm riding with the West coast - West side till I die!! cool

[img]http://jonmackin.files./2011/02/westside-emblem-4.jpg[/img]

*Back to the NFL playoffs* wink
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by odogwux(m): 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
alj harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin How many people would they shot ? My brother I am as relaxed as a snail. I suggest you all buying guns to protect your "properties" to relax. God knows best he would protect us all.

Funny you generalize by saying "you all". I am an igbosere boy and more relaxed than you can imagine. People don't arm themselves to protect "properties" as you are saying ( I wonder why you would say that in the first place) they arm themselves to protect life and loved ones.

If you think there are no paranoid peaceloving people out there with the money to defend themselves then you need to look at history properly. My point is the degree of rhetoric flying about is going to influence the way people think. No matter the side of the divide
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
grin
odogwu-x:

Every action has consequences. I am a regular visitor to this site and I know how thick my skin has become however I can't vouch for others. I can however tell you that[b]paranoia and suspicion is growing and so also are the number of guns that paranoid people are buying in this country just in case all these threats are for real [/b]

@ bolded..............lol.

If folks ain't buying guns due to Boko haram activities, i seriously doubt if they will be stocking up as a result of some anonymous online threats.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
odogwu-x:

Funny you generalize by saying "you all". I am an igbosere boy and more relaxed than you can imagine. People don't arm themselves to protect "properties" as you are saying ( I wonder why you would say that in the first place) they arm themselves to protect life and loved ones.

If you think there are no paranoid peaceloving people out there with the money to defend themselves then you need to look at history properly. My point is the degree of rhetoric flying about is going to influence the way people think. No matter the side of the divide

Fam, the "peaceloving people" are people who aren't suicidal and don't go around looking for trouble... Lagos provides everything everyone needs in Nigeria to thrive, why go beyond that and start aiming for the prize which is reserved exclusively for certain people
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by odogwux(m): 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
shymexx:

Fam, the "peaceloving people" are people who aren't suicidal and don't go around looking for trouble... Lagos provides everything everyone needs in Nigeria to thrive, why go beyond that and start aiming for the prize which is reserved exclusively for certain people

I wonder who the people "looking for trouble" are. Beyond the servers of nairaland you would hardly find any non-indigene talking about becoming governor. This site is a place where people come to share ideas and discuss stuff and that's all there is to it.

Lagos is home to many people from diverse ethnicities working and living in peace that never thought about politics so when an irresponsible poster comes online to talk about killing people it turns my stomach and disgusts the hell out of me.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by odogwux(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
T9ksy: grin

@ bolded..............lol.

If folks ain't buying guns due to Boko haram activities, i seriously doubt if they will be stocking up as a result of some anonymous online threats.

You would astonished at the volume of guns in private hands. Visit jos and go to the home of the average resident and your jaw will drop. Moreover threats like these on this site are not unnoticed especially the way this country is leaning these days

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 07, 2013
odogwu-x:

I wonder who the people "looking for trouble" are. Beyond the servers of nairaland you would hardly find any non-indigene talking about becoming governor. This site is a place where people come to share ideas and discuss stuff and that's all there is to it.

Lagos is home to many people from diverse ethnicities working and living in peace that never thought about politics so when an irresponsible poster comes online to talk about killing people it turns my stomach and disgusts the hell out of me.

Perhaps, that's more reason why all the ethnic groups in Nigeria need to imbibe the culture of respecting one another's territorial integrity to avoid tension and violence... It seems Nigerians are allergic to history - most of these clownish pseudo-intellectuals watch too much CNN and they think anything that happens in America can happen in Nigeria(a different country with a different history and different ethnic make-up) rather than studying countries with similar ethnic make-up as Nigeria... It might look good on paper but the practicability is a different thing entirely... You can draw comparisons with any country in the West(that isn't America or Canada) and you'll find out that it's the same thing in those countries... Heck, you can even go further to Asia and come down to Africa, and it's the same thing... So, why go around trying to create enmity in an already divided country??

And they're not even fighting for the shittest state, they want the most prized asset... grin grin grin It seems you lot haven't learnt anything from the never ending crisis in Jos smh..

It's not only on NL, I have seen articles on Nigerian newspapers about this madness...
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 07, 2013
Richfella:

My sweetheart, happy new year. Don't let some random bigoted dudes polarize you - they've done a wonderful job already grin.

Oya recant those things you just said osiso.
Happy new year big bro!! Some of your Igbo brothers are the ones pissing me off and I'm yet to unveil my real "were"

alj harem: @ Afam4eva

Why did you delete and ban Shollypopz ?

I am sure she has every right to express her anger at some of the posters here which you did not ban. That is wrong.
Thanks!! afam4eva is just pissed cos I once dissed him on a thread. He is only taking out his stored up anger by banning me. Not to add that he is not in support of my stance and the others involved are Igbos.

@OAM4J: I know u were the one that hid those posts, thanks!! That yeye Igbo tribalist called afam refused to
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by OAM4J: 12:44am On Jan 07, 2013
^Its Ok Shollypopz, let it rest. Dont show your real "were" please.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:57am On Jan 07, 2013
Is it too much to ask if an explanation could be given as to why my post was hidden?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Gbawe: 1:59am On Jan 07, 2013
alj harem:

I think Gbawe has now confused issues here. Who among all the posters have segregated anyone because he is Awori or not ?

All the posters indigenes and non- indigenes are saying is that is it possible for a non-Yoruba governor would govern Lagos and I don't think anyone spoke of Awori's right to anything here.

Is it because Mr X might not what Tinubu to keep controlling ACN and Mr X might just want change just as we gave Fashola a chance at it which was very impressive.

Both indigene and non-indigene just don't want another imposed candidate that would be tinubu's puppet. I believe in democracy and advancement of any Nigerian state, Lagos is too big for one man to turn to his personal business.

Alhaji, I think you have a problem with comprehending contextual examples. I provided an example consistent with the context of my general point which is that Nigerians will eventually have to move away from limiting the recruitment pool, for very important office, to those who are deemed historically more entitled than others.

If the world is moving with the wind behind them , and recording success to validate the efficacy of their models, why do we want to move against the wind foolishly? That is my point. If you don't get it, ask for clarification instead of making wrong assumptions. Anyway, you cannot get beyond the personalised hatred you have developed for Tinubu so you will remain unable to discern the point some make.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
odogwu-x:

You would astonished at the volume of guns in private hands. Visit jos and go to the home of the average resident and your jaw will drop. Moreover threats like these on this site are not unnoticed especially the way this country is leaning these days

In that case, I hope my SW brothers too are stocking up as we don't want a repeat of Ore where we were caught napping. This time around, we

will openly fight for One Yorubaland and not some pseudo One nigeria.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by danjohn: 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
PointB:

Why is it annoying to use Lagos? Is Lagos not a microcosm of Nigeria, judging from its cosmopolitan nature?

The earlier folks like you begin to accept that beyond, Yoruba, other non-indigenes are also stake holders in Lagos, the better for all of us.

@topic,
It is politics, who has the support base should go for it. In a free and fair election, Tinubu imposition of candidate will come crashing like a house of card. Let the game begin!

I have truly come to realize that in politics there are no permanent friends and enemies. I completely agree with PointB on this one. Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria. If there is any state in Nigeria where a non-indigene can get elected, it would be Lagos. Lagos could set the pace for national integration. Nigeria needs to move away from State of origin and start focusing on state of residence. If a person has made Lagos his home, has children enrolled in Lagos schools, owns a business that contributes to the Lagos economy, and is an active member of the community, why shouldn't such a person be given a shot at rising through the ranks of the political system in Lagos?

I guess, Lagosians would prefer an Alao Akala to replace Fashola than a Donald Duke to replace Fashola. I am from the South South and for the record, if Fashola met the residency requirement of my state, I wouldnt mind if he became governor of my state. We need to shine our eyes in Nigeria and stop being sentimental. We need good governance and we need it now. If a Hausa man or an Idoma man or an Igbo woman can complete Fashola's vision of making Lagos state a mega city then so be it.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
^^ I am sure in your home state in the SS there would be a Yoruba man, Hausa man or Tiv man who meets the residency criteria make him the Governor sef.

I am sure Rivers state is also a microcosm of Nigeria just like Anambra state.

When you install non native governors we can talk about Lagos
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
danjohn:

I have truly come to realize that in politics there are no permanent friends and enemies. I completely agree with PointB on this one. Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria. If there is any state in Nigeria where a non-indigene can get elected, it would be Lagos. Lagos could set the pace for national integration. Nigeria needs to move away from State of origin and start focusing on state of residence. If a person has made Lagos his home, has children enrolled in Lagos school, owns a business that contributes to the Lagos economy, and is an active member of the community, why shouldn't such a person be given a shot at rising through the ranks of the political ranks in Lagos?

I guess, Lagosians would prefer an Alao Akala to replace Fashola than a Donald Duke to replace Fashola. I am from the South South and for the record, if Fashola met the residency requirement of my state, I wouldnt mind if he became governor of my state. We need to shine our eyes in Nigeria and stop being sentimental. We need good governance and we need it now. If a Hausa man or an Idoma man or an Igbo woman can complete Fashola's vision of making Lagos state a mega city then so be it.
Right on point bro!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by babapupa: 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
danjohn:

I have truly come to realize that in politics there are no permanent friends and enemies. I completely agree with PointB on this one. Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria. If there is any state in Nigeria where a non-indigene can get elected, it would be Lagos. Lagos could set the pace for national integration. Nigeria needs to move away from State of origin and start focusing on state of residence. If a person has made Lagos his home, has children enrolled in Lagos school, owns a business that contributes to the Lagos economy, and is an active member of the community, why shouldn't such a person be given a shot at rising through the ranks of the political ranks in Lagos?

Rubbish.....

We don't need Donald duck and we don't need akala either, we have more than enough skilled and talented Yoruba people to run Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by danjohn: 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
babapupa:

Rubbish.....

We don't need Donald duck and we don't need akala either, we have more than enough skilled and talented Yoruba people to run Yoruba land.

Tribalist!!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by babapupa: 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
danjohn:

Tribalist!!!

Do they arrest people for that because tribalist a crime or its an abomination to love your tribe?

Please hit the curb...
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
babapupa:

Rubbish.....

Thank you, ojare! That's the koko of the matter!

When we rejected Mr nationalism aka slimy zik, ibos called it tribalism but were we not vindicated, now?

What achievement did zik recorded in his homeland that Awo didn't do ten times as much for his own people?

Okoroman ran down to western region to get free education which their own zik could not provide for them.

Charity begins at home but not for the ibo man. Theirs begins in another man's land.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by danjohn: 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
babapupa:

Rubbish.....

If there are so many skilled Yoruba people in Yoruba land, why did Alao Akala and Gbenga Daniels get elected?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by topazjosh(m): 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
Get2go: We are Lagosians having our investment, families and have spent more than 30 years in Lagos. We ll be more committed to see that our interest and that of Lagos is protected.
"We ll be more committed to see that our interest and that of Lagos is protected.[/quote]"
Your interest?I now see your primary aim,if obama also try to overdo by protecting the blacks interest unneccasarily,I doubt his 2nd term.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by topazjosh(m): 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
danjohn:

If there are so many skilled Yoruba people in Yoruba land, why did Alao Akala and Gbenga Daniels get elected?
that question sound soo undecided
danjohn:

that question sound soo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

US GOVT: Fayose’s Allegation On President Buhari’s Wife Aisha Was True (photos) / Politicians 'colluding With INEC Officials' To Alter Submitted Lists / Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.