Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. (10055 Views)

Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EkoIle1: 7:07am On Jan 05, 2013
Deep down inside their DNA, Yoruba is what they'd love to be hence all the attention and fascination.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngwakwe: 7:25am On Jan 05, 2013
Any Nigerian born and bred in Lagos is a Lagosian

~Bluetooth:

Non-yorubas have no fucKkin business with Lagos politics.they are just squatters there. angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EkoIle1: 8:00am On Jan 05, 2013
Ngwakwe: Any Nigerian born and bred in Lagos is a Lagosian

Only when it comes to Lagos right?

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Rhino5dm: 8:24am On Jan 05, 2013

Can you say thesame thing in Kano, Rivers or Akwa Ibom? Stop deluding yourself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by geeez: 8:29am On Jan 05, 2013

Why Lagos? Why not Anambra? Why do you so badly wish you were Yoruba? Is being Igbo making you feel inferior?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by MajeOfficial: 8:32am On Jan 05, 2013
Any nigerian born and bred in Anambra is an Anambran as well
There are hausa and igbo people who's ancestors have been in lagos longer than some yoruba there.
Almost nobody in lagos is an indigine, unless you believe the colonials ran into a huddle of 20 million precolonial africans when they go there.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Rhino5dm: 8:48am On Jan 05, 2013
What are you talking about? Thesame Anambra that non natives can't even acquire properties? keep on lying on the pages of nairaland.

Like someone said earlier, we are very accommodating but not when it comes to ruling and politics. Great Zik can testify to this when he confused the gentility of a tiger with simplicity. Nnwoke, hapu ma ka!

As long as the land belongs to Oduduwa, then forget it!.Armageddon is the beginning of the end.

Any nigerian born and bred in Anambra is an Anambran as well
There are hausa and igbo people who's ancestors have been in lagos longer than some yoruba there.
Almost nobody in lagos is an indigine, unless you believe the colonials ran into a huddle of 20 million precolonial africans when they go there.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Rhino5dm: 8:48am On Jan 05, 2013
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by geeez: 8:53am On Jan 05, 2013
[quote author=]Any nigerian born and bred in Anambra is an Anambran as well
Almost nobody in lagos is an indigine, unless you believe the colonials ran into a huddle of 20 million precolonial africans when they go there. [/quote]

Don't be silly, even at independence our population was barely 55million and there are indigenous Lagosians. How old do you think the Oba of Lagos monarchy is? And who were his subjects when the Portuguese first came into Lagos ? Population increases with time through births or migration. My point is Lagos is as much of Yorubaland as Onitsha is Igboland. There are Yorubas in Onitsha and how come they aren't saying this. How come the Hausas that are clearly larger in population than the Igbos in Lagos aren't saying this?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngwakwe: 8:54am On Jan 05, 2013
I am a proud Aba man, where anybody that live there is a stakeholder including Hausas that occupy Mosque street, Yorubas are found everywhere and almost in every company where they contribute positively including in our Churches.

Anybody can contest for any office (political or otherwise) provided he/she builds a good and convincing political base.

We sell our land to whoever has the money to develop it and consequently absolve such a person into our community in all area of life.

Furthermore, check Aba Reps in national Assembly, Counselors and LGA Chairmen and see that majority are not Ngwa people.

Eko Ile:

Only when it comes to Lagos right?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 10:37am On Jan 05, 2013
When I say Non-yoruba rulin Lagos in 2015, i'm not refering to Igbos because they are not the only ones making up the greater percentage of Lagos population. And since we are in a democracy, i strongly believe that a man from Eastern or Northern origin will be the governor of Lagos in a free and fair election if all non-yorubas support his candidacy. Governance is about the welfare of the citizens of a country residing in a particular place and i believe in Hausa man or Igbo or Ijaw Governor of Lagos will do just fine for indigenes and non-indigenes considering that non-yorubas constitutes for about not less than 70% of Lagos population. This can as well be applicable in any state of the federation.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 10:42am On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile: Deep down inside their DNA, Yoruba is what they'd love to be hence all the attention and fascination.
geeez:

Why Lagos? Why not Anambra? Why do you so badly wish you were Yoruba? Is being Igbo making you feel inferior?
Eko Ile: Deep down inside their DNA, Yoruba is what they'd love to be hence all the attention and fascination.
When I say Non-yoruba rulin Lagos in 2015, i'm not refering to Igbos because they are not the only ones making up the greater percentage of Lagos population. And since we are in a democracy, i strongly believe that a man from Eastern or Northern origin will be the governor of Lagos in a free and fair election if all non-yorubas support his candidacy. Governance is about the welfare of the citizens of a country residing in a particular place and i believe in Hausa man or Igbo or Ijaw Governor of Lagos will do just fine for indigenes and non-indigenes considering that non-yorubas constitutes for about not less than 70% of Lagos population. This can as well be applicable in any state of the federation.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2013

Na you get your mouth.2015 is around the corner so ibos should start preparing the ground to take over from fashola since they are the majority in Lagos.Zik tried and failed so will anybody that tries it.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by OsunOriginal: 10:53am On Jan 05, 2013
SUBMARINE: @Non-Yorubas Lagos residence should realize that historically, yorubas are socially but not politically tolerant. So please do your business, make your money and go back to your villages to contest with your money.

The day the Igbos are politically tolerant to allow a yoruba or hausa man to be governor of Anambra or Imo state, that day the Yorubas will consider allowing Igbos or Hausa to rule Lagos.

Interesting, everybody wants to rule Lagos... Why not go and contest in your state and begin charity from there if the essence is to serve the people and not to steal their resources?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2013
Get2go: When I say Non-yoruba rulin Lagos in 2015, i'm not refering to Igbos because they are not the only ones making up the greater percentage of Lagos population. And since we are in a democracy, i strongly believe that a man from Eastern or Northern origin will be the governor of Lagos in a free and fair election if all non-yorubas support his candidacy. Governance is about the welfare of the citizens of a country residing in a particular place and i believe in Hausa man or Igbo or Ijaw Governor of Lagos will do just fine for indigenes and non-indigenes considering that non-yorubas constitutes for about not less than 70% of Lagos population. This can as well be applicable in any state of the federation.

So why use Lagos as an example. It is annoying you know ?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 11:03am On Jan 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Na you get your mouth.2015 is around the corner so ibos should start preparing the ground to take over from fashola since they are the majority in Lagos.Zik tried and failed so will anybody that tries it.
we talking of Lagos territory bounded by Ogun and the Atlantic not the whole western nigeria then. Yorubas and nigerians can as well feel free to contest for the leadership of other states be it Northern or Eastern states. I believe LP, APGA, CPC in Lagos states are all working on this.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2013
. ALL THESE BIGOTS CRYING HERE DONT EVEN PAY TAX OR HAVE AN INVESTMENT IN LAGOS.. BORN IN LAG, HAVE PROPERTIES IN LAG, PAY TAX IN LAG? IF YES YOU ARE QUALIFY TO RULE LAGOS. WHETHER FROM OYO,KWARA,RIVERS,DELTA OR ANAMBRA,KANO.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 05, 2013
Get2go: we talking of Lagos territory bounded by Ogun and the Atlantic not the whole western nigeria then. Yorubas and nigerians can as well feel free to contest for the leadership of other states be it Northern or Eastern states. I believe LP, APGA, CPC in Lagos states are all working on this.

The attention of ibos is fixated on lagos alone,why not Ekiti ? Btw,I don't buy the idea of having a yoruba as a governor of non-yoruba states cuz the yoruba man doesn't and won't understand the needs of the indigenious people.this contributed to the failure of the military in Nigeria.

Imagine a muslim from kano ruling a christain dominated state like imo or Enugu and you expect him to understand the immediate problems of the ibos ? Its totally insane

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 11:18am On Jan 05, 2013
alj harem:

i reside in Lagos, so we want to be part of the polity.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by demmie1: 11:22am On Jan 05, 2013
the op must be highly high on weed to post this rubbish. abeg thread closed!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The attention of ibos is fixated on lagos alone,why not Ekiti ? Btw,I don't buy the idea of having a yoruba as a governor of non-yoruba states cuz the yoruba man doesn't and won't understand the needs of the indigenious people.this contributed to the failure of the military in Nigeria.

Imagine a muslim from kano ruling a christain dominated state like imo or Enugu and you expect him to understand the immediate problems of the ibos ? Its totally insane
non-yoruba will understand the immediate needs of lagosians of which not less than 70% non-yoruba constitutes the population.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

non-yoruba governor will understand the immediate needs of lagosians of which not less than 70% non-yoruba constitutes the population.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2013
Igbos too gbadun Lagos....within few days they got tired of the east and start craving to come back "home" to Lagos grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

~Bluetooth:

~Bluetooth:

THIS IS NOT AN IGBO AGENDA!!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2013
Get2go: non-yoruba governor will understand the immediate needs of lagosians of which not less than 70% non-yoruba constitutes the population.

STFU...!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by AYOILORI: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2013
That should not pose any problem what we need is good governance not even party affliation.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by demmie1: 11:41am On Jan 05, 2013
Get2go: When I say Non-yoruba rulin Lagos in 2015, i'm not refering to Igbos because they are not the only ones making up the greater percentage of Lagos population. And since we are in a democracy, i strongly believe that a man from Eastern or Northern origin will be the governor of Lagos in a free and fair election if all non-yorubas support his candidacy. Governance is about the welfare of the citizens of a country residing in a particular place and i believe in Hausa man or Igbo or Ijaw Governor of Lagos will do just fine for indigenes and non-indigenes considering that non-yorubas constitutes for about not less than 70% of Lagos population. This can as well be applicable in any state of the federation.

Where did you get the figure like that, people like you are the reason why nairaland is not considered a serious forum....spewing garbage out of twisted imaginations. Poodle.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Gaybriel: 11:52am On Jan 05, 2013
Hear this: no woman nor any other person from other geopolitical zones can rule Lagos!!!! It is never a yoruba culture.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Gaybriel: 11:58am On Jan 05, 2013
I hate nairaland because it is the house of rumour, foolish talking and abuse of freedom of expression! Only few sections actually make me still visit this nairaland of a thing. Op, your statement is an insult to the indigene of the state. Those you say will rule Lagos, have they successfully ruled their own states? Silly attention seeker! Sorry for calling you name.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by PointB: 11:58am On Jan 05, 2013
alj harem:

Why is it annoying to use Lagos? Is Lagos not a microcosm of Nigeria, judging from its cosmopolitan nature?

The earlier folks like you begin to accept that beyond, Yoruba, other non-indigenes are also stake holders in Lagos, the better for all of us.

@topic,
It is politics, who has the support base should go for it. In a free and fair election, Tinubu imposition of candidate will come crashing like a house of card. Let the game begin!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
Get2go: [b][/b]THIS IS NOT AN IGBO AGENDA!!!

Sure it is because it is only the ibos that have been championing such notion.Are they the only squatters in Lagos ?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by demmie1: 12:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
[quote author=]Any nigerian born and bred in Anambra is an Anambran as well
Almost nobody in lagos is an indigine, unless you believe the colonials ran into a huddle of 20 million precolonial africans when they go there. [/quote]

This guy suffers from chronic illitracy. go back to grade 1 and start again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Senators-elect Push For 2011 Rules To Pick Presiding Officers / Lagos Records 200 Motorcycle Accidents Monthly – Sanwo-Olu / EndSARS: Twitter Didn't Suspend My Account - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.